Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Rose to Show My Love ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Rose to Show My Love

Shaina- Well we've hit the 20th chapter mark. . .pretty good if ya ask me. I might just have to unleash all of my pent up stress in another story. How are ya'll doing? Don't even ask about my acquired southern accent. * smiles as she looks at Nen who smirks to himself* Well this is to all of my fans and if this is still going strong on my B-day we might have some fun in store.

Nen- Shaina does not own Yu-Gi-Oh. . .though sometimes she thinks she does. She's a bit of a psycho as you all know, but she's safe as an fanauthoress can be. Please do not flame, constructive criticism is welcome and Shaina usually thanks her reviewers and if someone flames her they're usually anonymous flamers who don't know what's in their best health.

Chapter 20- Keora's Encounter

" Uh. . .what happened?" asks Keora as she looks up into the white ceiling of the hospital. " Not again." Keora blinks as she moves her head and notices Seto, Noa, Ryou, and Bakura sitting on chairs by her bed. Mokuba is curled up on the only couch in the room and Ryuuji is asleep in his chair by her head. Keora laughs slightly as she notices Mariku asleep leaning against the hospital door. " Hey Mariku. . .what happened?" The platinum haired teen opens her eyes slightly and looks at Keora. " What did I do now?"

" What has a brain, but doesn't have sense?" asks Mariku as she walks over as her eyes shimmer slightly. Keora laughs slightly as Mariku looks at her friend. " Lets just say the motorcycle went loco." Keora blinks as Mariku looks at her. " You took a spill off your cycle. . .luckily Ryou and Bakura found you." Keora's eyes go wide as she turns to look at the albino's. " What made you crash?" Keora starts to think back and then gasps slightly. " What?"

" I came within inches of hitting someone," says Keora quietly as she looks at Mariku through half lidded eyes. " A white-blue haired someone." Mariku gasps as Keora nods slightly as she thinks back into her head. " I think the person was a young boy. . .between seven and ten years of age." Mariku nods as Ryou and Bakura stir and look toward Keora and smile in relief.

" Hey Keora. . .stop scaring us," says Bakura as he looks at the teen. Keora smiles slightly at Bakura who shrugs helplessly. " You're the priestess at our wedding after all." Keora nods as her eyes fall onto the sleeping forms of her three brothers. " Oh. . .Marik and Malik are watching Kanji and Nen." Keora shots up straight in bed as Ryou looks at her in shock. " What?"

" We might have a problem," says Keora through clenched teeth as she looks at them.

" Not with Marik and Malik. . .but with Yami and Yugi." The two albino's look at Keora in shock as she gets out of the hospital bed and collapses to her knees. " Great. . .how long have I been out?"

" Since late last night," says Noa as he opens one of his eyes and looks at her. " What's wrong?" Keora growls as she forces herself to her feet as her wings appear. " Keora. . .you're too injured to go help." Keora turns and looks at him calculating and then starts to limp toward the doorway. " Keora!" Noa's shout awakens Seto who looks at his little sister and sighs in defeat.

" Seto! Stop her!"

" How do you propose to do that?" asks Seto as he looks at his boyfriend. Noa sighs as he see's the logic behind Seto's statement. " Lets think here. . .weigh the possibilities. . .we aren't going to be able to contain Keora." Ryou and Bakura nod and stand up as Mariku follows them out into the hallway. " Come on Noa. . .hey Ryuuji! Rise and shine!" The black-haired teen starts and then turns to look at them and nods and follows them out. " Keora?" Keora turns to look at Seto as he tosses something to her. Keora grabs the Exodia Diamond and places it around her neck and laughs as Ryuuji walks up next to her and sticks an arm around her waist.

" Thanks Ryuuji," says Keora as she continues to walk as her white hospital gown turns into a black knee length dress. " We have to go help Yami and Yugi. . .and Zen." They all nod as the injured female continues to walk as the shimmering form of someone appears before her eyes and she stops dead in her tracks.

" Keora?" asks Mariku as she watches Keora as she walks forward toward the spirit. " What are you doing?" Keora smiles as she reaches out and touches the spirits hand. " Uh. . .this is new." The others nod as Keora closes her eyes as she whispers something in Egyptian under her breathe.

" In the past you took my brother and protected him and now you are watching over us again. Thank you Sei," says Bakura as he translates. Keora turns her eyes on them and nods. " Who was Sei?"

" A powerful magician," says Keora quietly as she looks toward the ceiling. " He was the one that I almost hit. . .he projected his image to stop me from a worse fate." Keora smiles as she starts to run as her wings shoot out from her back. " Turn the world upside down with your dreams, change the future to the past, take me into your arms, I don't belong here or anywhere, but until I figure out where I belong I will stand right at your side." They all blink as Keora runs out of the hospital doors and jumps from the top of the stairs to the ground. " When the fire burns in your soul remember me for who I was. . .the priestess. . .the magician. . .the small child that was always apart." Seto smiles slightly as the ground under Keora's feet start to glow green. " Dressed in purple, the color of royalty and riches, I am the priestess of the purple flame." With that Keora shoots into the air as Bakura and Ryou hold onto each others hands as they all teleport to the Turtle Game Shop.

" Something is going on," says Ryou as he flinches as he hears shouts and crashes from within the house. He turns to look at Bakura who nods slightly. " Keora?" Ryou looks for the only female of the group and winches. " Seto, Noa, she's in there." The two Kaiba's eyes go wide as they turn to look at their friend. " Stupid girl's going to get herself killed."

" It can't be helped," says Bakura as he wraps Ryou in a hug. " We all know she's as stubborn as Seto if not more." Suddenly something comes flying out of the window and lands on the ground. " What!" Mariku's platinum haired form shoots back up into the air and they all gasp. " Mariku! Get your butt down here!" Mariku turns and looks at him and smirks. " Marik will kill me if you get killed."

" Just hold on already," says Mariku as she shoots back into the house and reappears carrying Yugi in her arms. " Seto! Orders from Keora! Get Yugi to the hospital." Seto nods as Mariku hands the injured teen to him. " Anzu has escaped. . .she's a vampire or something." Ryou and Bakura gasp as a second form comes plummeting out of the window. " Oh. . .no. . .no." Mariku runs over to the still form on the ground as tears roll down her cheeks. " Anzu!" The reborn priestess shots into the air and inside as Bakura and Ryou run over and pick up the unmoving form of Keora.

" Keora," whispers Ryou as he holds his friends hand as Bakura holds the rest of her in his arms. " Keora!" The teens eyes shoot open and she shoots into the air. " Okay. . .so you were just knocked out?" Keora nods as she shoots into the house and seconds later a demon winged something comes flying out of the house and into the wall of an adjacent building.

" Anzu Mazaki!" shouts Keora as her hair spikes into the air as Mariku flouts next to her red fire wings extended. " Good bye!" A blast of purple energy rushes toward Anzu as she screams as she's disintegrated into dust. " Good bye!" Mariku smiles slightly as she runs into another room and picks up Yami's unconscious body as Zen comes out from under the bed. " Zen come on!" The little boy runs out and jumps into Keora's arms. " Come on kiddo. . .lets get you too the hospital." Zen nods as blood runs from a cut on his forehead. " No more vampires." Zen smiles as he falls asleep as Keora swoops down and hands Zen to Ryou.

" How's Yami?" asks Bakura as he looks at the unconscious Pharaoh. Keora sighs as she teleports them all into the hospital. " After today. . .I hope we never see this place again." Keora laughs from behind her hand and shakes her head as they walk toward a door where Seto and Noa are standing. " How's Yugi?"

" We don't know yet," says Seto quietly as he looks at Zen in Ryou's arms. " I hope he's alright." Mariku nods as she walks into the room as Seto starts to protest as Keora shakes her head as Mariku places Yami's body next to Yugi in the bed. A magical wind blows around Keora as the cuts and bruises start to disappear. Keora walks in and stands next to Mariku as the others follow suit as out of no where Marik and Malik appear with Marira. Kanji and Nen run over and latch onto Seto and Noa desperately. " Missed me that much?" Kanji nods slightly as Seto picks him up and sits down on the couch as a semi-conscious Mokuba wanders into the room and curls up on the rest of the couch. Seto smiles as Kanji falls asleep on his lap. Ryuuji walks in and rests a hand on Keora's shoulder.

" Next time hell breaks loose. . .let us take care of it," says Ryuuji which brings a laugh from Keora. " I mean it. . .I don't want that pretty face of yours scarred up." Keora smiles as Ryuuji puts his arms over her shoulders as she leans against him. Marik and Malik plop down on a couple of chairs as Mariku leans against a wall and falls asleep.

" It always amazes me that she doesn't fall over," says Malik. Marik nods as the girl mumbles in her sleep. " She talks in her sleep and walks sometimes." Keora yawns and then falls asleep leaning against Ryuuji who smiles slightly as he stands there looking down on Yugi and Yami.

" Witch," mumbles Keora in her sleep as she punches out in her sleep. Ryuuji and the others blink as Keora mutters under her breath and falls back into Ryuuji's arms. " Anzu. . .dead. . .good riddance." Noa laughs slightly as Nen opens one of his eyes and looks around and falls back asleep.

" Doesn't she ever clam up?" asks a voice from the door. Seto sighs as he turns and looks at Joey. " I mean. . .I talk a lot. . .but she talks in her sleep." They all sweatdrop and stare at Joey.

" How's Yug?"

" We'll know in the morning," says Bakura as he holds Ryou to him. " He took some pretty nasty blows, but I think he'll be fine." Zen looks up from his position next to Ryou who had fallen asleep. " Hey Zen." The five-year launches himself at Joey who blinks at the action.

" Well Joey. . .I guess you're staying here." Joey blinks as he looks down at Zen who is latched onto his leg.

" Guess so," says Joey as he ruffles Zen's hair. " How does that sound kid?" Zen smiles as he tugs Joey over to a chair. Joey laughs as he sits down and picks Zen up. " So you're Yug and Yami's kid?" Zen nods vigorously as Joey smiles as Zen leans against him. " You remind me of Yug." Zen smiles as he starts to fall asleep. " Go asleep if ya want." Zen nods and falls asleep leaning against Joey.

" Hey Joey you're good with kids," says Noa as he looks at the blond in mild surprise.

" Maybe we should designate you babysitter. . .I don't really trust Marik enough to leave him alone with Nen and Kanji anytime in the near future." Joey blinks as he looks at the mentioned platinum who had fallen asleep sitting up.

" You actually let him near Nen and Kanji?" asks Joey in amazement. Noa and Seto nod as they look down at their five-year-old twins. " Why doesn't that surprise me?"

" Because. . .Keora's their sister," says Mariku from her position against the wall. She opens one of her eyes as Noa and Seto glare at her. " Hey it's the truth. . .Bakura and Ryou. . .I think you two should go home. . .in the last couple of days I doubt you've gotten much sleep." The two albino's nod and disappear as Mariku mumbles to herself and falls back asleep.

With Bakura and Ryou

" Do you think Yugi and Yami will be alright?" asks Ryou. Bakura shrugs as he falls down onto the bed in exhaustion. " You're really tired. . .right?" Bakura nods slightly as Ryou falls down next to him and stares at the ceiling. " Think she's gone for good?" Bakura nods as Ryou gets up and lies down on his yami's chest. " Good. . .she was really starting to get on my nerves."

" She was getting on everyone's nerves," says Bakura as he looks up into his hikari's eyes. " Date for the wedding?" Ryou shakes his head and kisses Bakura gently on the lips as Bakura wraps his arms around his hikari. " Fine. . ." Ryou smiles as he plays with his yami's hair as he deepens the kiss. Bakura purrs as he breaks for air as he holds Ryou to him. " I love you."

" Dido," says Ryou as he holds his yami's eyes with his own. " I love you so much Bakura." Bakura smiles as he pulls Ryou into another kiss which produces a startled gasp from Ryou as he relaxes into the kiss as he trails a hand to Bakura's cheek and caresses the skin and then breaks the kiss and rolls off his yami. Bakura smiles as Ryou laces his fingers with his yami's.

" The moon shone down on the two lovers by the sea, one was dark and cold while the other was light and warm, they were total opposites, but at the same time they were two parts of one soul. As the waves crashed on the beach white mixed with black to make gray. . ." Bakura smiles as he tightens his grip on his hikari's hand." A rose is beautiful, but it has thorns, beauty can hurt." Bakura looks up at the ceiling as tears trail down his cheeks.

" Ryou. . .?" asks Bakura as he rolls over to look at his hikari. Ryou rolls over and intertwines his other fingers with Bakura's other fingers. " Yami and Hikari, darkness and light, black and white, dusk and dawn, night and day. . .can't survive without each other. . .as I can't survive without you." Ryou nods as tears trail down his own cheeks. " Ryou. . .what's wrong?"

" Nothing Bakura. . .I just love you so much. . .that's all," says Ryou as he looks into his yami's eyes. " I couldn't survive without you either Bakura." Bakura smiles as he pulls Ryou into a hug as they lay their and fall asleep wrapped in each others arms.

Shaina- Well I can't wait for the next chapter. I don't know how much longer until the wedding, but I hope soon. This is one of my favorite stories so I hope you'll review.