Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ancient Reborn ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: We can hope, dream, and fantasize but Yuugiou shall forever remain owned by Kazuki Takahashi.
 
A/N: POV's will either be centered on Seto, Yami, or Harry (Or normal). But I won't be using `I' or anything- it just means we get info on what their thinking about. Like the prologue, with Seto and the owl.
And another thing- me OC is mentioned, though I don't know if she'll actually be `in' the story. Maybe, or maybe not, don't know if it'll mess up meh plot. And her name is Jana, which is short for Janice (Ja-niece), or Janaka. She'll be explained properly in one of meh future fanfictions- “Pharaoh's Bride”. Lovely little psychotic character she be, but I'll stop meh ramblings and let you read now.
 
“Talking”
`Thinking'
Hikari to Yami
Yami to Hikari
“Japanese”
“Arabic”
“Egyptian”
Flashback/Dream
Parseltongue
 
 
Chapter One:
Seto's POV
 
Now, he wasn't exactly sure when and how he had agreed to this… absurdity, since that's just what it was. Getting a letter from some Magic School, by a crazed owl no less, and being invited to said school to learn the art was not an every day occurrence. Though he preferred it over some crazed lunatic trying to gain world domination. Did he mention the owl? That annoying bird that had interrupted his train of thought while he was busy working so he would have time to spend with his… And his thoughts were going off topic once more. He was still wondering how exactly he had been talked into leaving Japan, his company and little brother, to go to England, were said Magic School was apparently located, by the one sitting next to him- did he mention that this was for an entire school year?
Blue eyes glanced down and somewhat to the side.
He couldn't even remember agreeing to this.
Could his life be anymore confusing?
Apparently so.
 
Blue eyes turned to look out the window, watching the scenery pass with little interest. What did have his attention was this magic school. He just had a bad feeling about this. A quiet meowing caught his attention, turning it to the little ball of fur and claws sitting on his lap. They were supposed to have a pet of sorts, as was said on their `school supply list'. Not that the others actually went with that… They had the option of bringing an owl (if he ever saw another there would be hell to pay), a cat (which he chose since he had been forced to by a `friend'), or a toad (why in Kami would anyone bring one?). The three others, currently sitting in the same compartment in the train that would take them to this school, had decided on other `pets'. Though, each had been given something by their dear `friend'. It made the teen CEO wonder just how much their blue-eyed, blonde haired little friend knew. Usually too much for comfort…
 
The blonde Egyptian sitting opposite him had been given a jackal- where the hell had she (being the dear friend) got a jackal from was beyond him. Next to the insane blonde, was the equally insane platinum haired thief, who, of all things, had been given a King Cobra- and yet again it made him wonder. Last was the one beside him, who was giving him an odd look of confusion. Dark violet eyes questioned him silently, “What troubles you, Set?” The other tilted his head slightly to the side, shifting closer to him, which caused the falcon on his shoulder to protest. Blue eyes narrowed slightly, it had to be a bird, didn't it? The feathered abomination hated him too, he just knew it. He swore the damn thing was plotting against him as well, just to spite him.
“Nothing in particular, Atemu.” Blue eyes watched the other nod before resting his head on his shoulder, causing another cry of protest from the falcon.
“I'm going to /kill/ that thing…”
 
 
Harry's POV
 
Of course every single compartment was full… Wasn't there even a single half taken one left? They had nearly searched the entire train! Well, that might have been a bit exaggerated. But they had been searching for the past ten minutes, or perhaps more, he wasn't exactly focused on the current time. His two friends, both perplexed with their current predicament, were openly wondering now the same he thing he was.
“It's impossible for there to be no room left. The train /makes/ enough room to compensate for every single student.” She would of course know. “Oh, and I suppose you read /that/ in a book as well?” and Ron would of course have to argue with her. A sigh escaped him, it was good to be back with his friends, even with the petty arguments. “Don't be silly, Ron. I simply paid attention in class last year.” Before anything further could happen between the two, “Why don't we keep looking for an empty compartment, alright?” The other two agreed, after a moment more of tossing words at the other.
 
 
Atemu's POV
 
“Would you stop glaring at Heru already?” Atemu had been watching the apparent glaring match between teen and bird; he wasn't exactly sure who was winning… “That soon to be bloody bird won't stop looking at me.” The brunette crossed his arms and all but pouted childishly. He sighed, thinking the one beside him adorable with that expression, but knew it would kill the brunette if he mentioned it. Ever since Jana had given him Heru, both the falcon and his koibito had started some kind of war against the other.
It was past odd.
And that was most definitely saying something in his case.
“Maybe if you stopped glaring at him he would leave you alone.” He suggested, poking the stubborn teen in the shoulder. His hand was swatted away, “Somehow, I highly doubt that.” It seemed the other wasn't in a be-convinced mood. A quiet sigh escaped him, “The both of you are impossible…”
 
 
Normal POV
 
Everyone looked up when their compartment door opened; eyes meeting three other's who looked about their age.
Atemu blinked, violet eyes giving them a questioning look, “Can we help you with something?” He wasn't really expecting them to say anything, except say that they had stumbled across the wrong compartment by accident.
“Oh! So you're the new exchange students.” The girl said this quite happily as her two friends looked confused. “That we are. Now, is there anything we can help you with?” Atemu still had a look of confusion on his face before he clicked, he would need to use English and not Japanese or something else. She turned to look at Seto, who was the one that had spoken. “Well actually, there seems to be no more room on the train. My friends and I were hoping we could stay here. Every other compartment is completely packed” she explained. Seto shrugged, “Suit yourself.”
The girl smiled and sat down next to Atemu, the other two finding a spot to sit as well. “By the way, I'm Hermione Granger, and these two are Ron Weasley and Harry Potter.”
Once again he only shrugged and then gave introductions, “Seto Kaiba. The insane blonde is Malik Ishtar, the psychotic one beside him is Bakura Ryou, and the one sitting next to me is Yuugi Mutou.”
Atemu smiled slightly, moving over a bit closer to the dragon tamer. Heru seemed edgy around the newcomers, and did something none of them would think of; he retreated a bit and settled on Seto's shoulder. The puzzle bearer watched the two; he had to wonder if they could speak with each other or something. They seemed to have made a truce for the moment- neither liking the new company.
Hermione blinked, “A falcon? And a Jackal…?” Thankfully Bakura had hid his `gift'. A quiet meow was heard, as if making a point that another was there as well. “Are jackals even /allowed/ in school?” Ron asked, eyeing it.
Malik only shrugged, “He was a gift from a friend. Besides, its not like he'll attack anyone unless I tell him too.” The three British teens blinked, not expecting that as an answer. “Where exactly are you from? If you don't mind me asking.” This time it was Harry who spoke (finally).
“Originally we are from Egypt, and then somehow or other ended up in Japan.” Bakura was tossing a knife, something he did at times like this when he was beyond mere boredom, such as now. Atemu nodded happily as he petted the black mass of fur currently curled up in his lap.
 
Well, the year was going be… interesting.
 
 
Since I'm lazy, that's all I'm writing. Besides, I'm being called for dinner. But before I leave I want to clear up a few things, like names. First, I'll go with the `pet's' names.
Falcon- Heru
Cat- Bastis
Jackal- Anpu
Cobra- Apophis (Apepi)
 
Now, to clear up anything you might be wondering about with our Yuugiou characters. Yuugi and Yami are no longer separate souls- they're merged and are now Atemu. The same thing goes for Ryou and Bakura. Seto has regained most of his memories and with it his knowledge of magic. Bakura only has a few blank spots in his memory. Atemu remembers the least and it's mostly from his childhood.
 
Priest- Present name: Seto Kaiba
Incarnate: Sutekh
Nick name: Set (Used by Atemu and Jana), Se-chan (Used by Atemu).
 
Pharaoh- Present name: Yuugi Mutou
Incarnate: Atemu (Atem)
Nick name: Ouji (Used by Seto and Jana.)
 
Thief- Present name: Ryou Bakura
Incarnate: Bakura
Nick names: Kura-kun (Used by Jana), Baku-chan (Used by Malik).
 
Tomb Keeper- Present name: Malik Ishtar
Incarnate: None
Nick names: Mal-chan (Used by Jana).
 
If there's anything else you're confused about, feel free to say so in a review. Reviews are much appreciated!
 
Reviews
 
Siiarrei- Yeah, ff.net likes to be difficult at times. And I just had to put that in- since in the show he's always saying “What the…” and is usually cut off by someone or something. He's just dying to say it! Lol.
kitten got clawz- Of course it's gonna be Yami/Seto, and Seto/Yami- both are funny and it all depends on what mood I'm in. But it's definitely going to be there!