Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ The Search for Raviel ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Chapter 2
 
The Search for Raviel
 
“We'll be connected in a few seconds.” Mokuba said, typing on a laptop. The group had met up with Tristan, and they had all gone back to the Turtle Game shop. On the counter, Mokuba was setting up a webcam link with Industrial Illusions. Tea nodded and looked down at the cards on the counter.
“This makes no sense.” She groaned. “Pegasus may act stupid sometimes, but he's nobody's fool. Why would he make cards this powerful, and give them to me?” She asked.
“I think that's pretty much the reason we're calling him.” Kaiba muttered under his breath.
“Zip it Kaiba.” Joey shot back. “Whadda you doin' here anyway?”
“Relax Wheeler, I didn't come here to put you down. I'm here just to find out why Pegasus made those cards.” Kaiba said with a smirk. “So why don't you play dead and stop barking off.” Joey growled and clenched his fist.
“We're through!” Mokuba said. An Industrial Illusions representative appeared on screen.
“Hello, how can I…oh, Mr. Kaiba!” She gasped, recognizing Mokuba. “Sir, it's late, but what can I do for you?” Joey swiped Uria and Hamon and jumped in front of Mokuba, flashing them at the surprised girl.
“You can call up Pegasus and have him tell us what he was thinkin' giving these ta Tea!” Joey yelled. Tea and Yugi groaned and pulled Joey back.
“I'm sorry, Mr. Pegasus does not like to be disturbed, and it's almost 10 pm…” The representative started. Tea growled and stepped up behind Mokuba.
“You can call him, and tell him that unless he wants Tea Gardner to rip up their contract, he'll talk to us and explain what's up with the Legendary Demons.” She snapped. The representative sighed.
“I'll call him, just a moment.” She said, picking up her phone. Tea looked up at Yugi.
“Do you think Pegasus will care enough to give us an explanation?” She asked. The screen blipped, and the group was greeted to an image of Pegasus wrapped in a red bathrobe.
“Tea my girl, isn't it past your bedtime?” Pegasus chuckled. “What can I do for you?” Tea held up the Legendary Demon cards.
“You can explain these.” She said. Pegasus smiled.
“Ah, you've met Uria and Hamon I see. And it looks like little Mokuba is there too. Let me guess, Kaiba-boy couldn't wait to get his hands on you, hm?”
“You're damn right.” Kaiba interrupted, elbowing in to fit on screen with Tea and Mokuba. “I will defeat Gardner Pegasus, but in the meantime, perhaps you'd care to explain why your cards started attacking me?” Pegasus pursed his lip.
“Well Kaiba-boy, if you need to understand the dueling concept of attacking, I'd be glad to explain it to you, along with the idea of Summoning, if you'd like.”
“What he means is that Uria and Hamon became real, and started attacking him with real lightning bolts and real fireballs.” Tea said. Pegasus raised an eyebrow.
“Oh? That's odd. The safeguards I installed on the cards should prevent that from happening.” Tea could have sworn her eyes bugged out.
WHAT?!?” She yelled. “You installed safeguards? You knew this would happen?” Pegasus shrugged.
“Well, how can we know anything? Plato once said…”
“We didn't call you to hear a philosophy lesson Pegasus.” Kaiba snapped. “The only cards I've ever seen that can affect the world outside my holographic technology is the Egyptian God cards, and these things are only cheap copies. So what's going on, with the exception of Wheeler, we're not idiots. Tell us why you created the cards, and what their powers are.” Pegasus sighed and let down his humorous façade.
“To answer your second question, I'm not entirely sure. Mostly because, in answer to the first question, I didn't create them.” The entire group let out a gasp.
“What?” Yugi sputtered. “But I thought you were the only one in the world who produced Duel Monsters!”
“I am, and these cards are official Industrial Illusions licensed cards. But while they may have been created by my company, I myself didn't create them. At least, not on purpose.” Pegasus explained.
“Not on purpose? How do you `accidentally' make up a trio of monsters that look like freaky versions of the God cards?” Joey shouted.
“It's a complicated story Joey. I myself don't know all the details of their creation, and I was there when it happened. I'll come there tomorrow, and tell you more.” Pegasus said. “But Tea, you only have two cards. Did you get the chance to use Raviel?” Tea blinked.
“Raviel, what's Raviel?” she asked.
“Raviel?” Joey muttered. “Sounds like some sorta pasta.”
“The third Demon card, Raviel. Did you get a chance to play it?” Pegasus asked. Tea shook her head.
“No, I didn't. I was going to, but my Duel Disk was struck by lightning. The card vanished.
“A lightning bolt eh? Well, an electrical surge like that would explain how the safeguards were overridden. But you claim Raviel vanished in the blast? The card itself doesn't exist?”
“No, I mean it shot out of my hands. I lost it.” Tea admitted. Pegasus gasped and leaned forward.
“What?” He shouted. “Tea, please tell you are joking! Don't tell me you lost the strongest of the Legendary Demons!” Tea sweatdropped.
“Okay, I won't tell you.” She said sheepishly.
“Oh no…” Pegasus moaned. “That card is the Ra of the Demons, Tea! It's the third and strongest of them all! And with my safeguards disabled, those cards are every bit as dangerous as the real Egyptian Gods! You have to find Raviel! In the wrong hands, the Demons could cause disaster!” Tea nodded.
“Right…exactly what would you consider the wrong hands?”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“That looks like an Egyptian God card.” Dorien muttered, looking over Rochelle's shoulder. “Give it here.” He said, reaching for it. Rochelle scowled and snatched Raviel away.
“Hands off!” She snapped. “This one is mine.”
“Well that's not fair, we're all friends!” Cyrus whined. “Share a little!”
“I'm starting to wish I still had Vick around to take care of you two sniveling brats.” Rochelle growled, remembering her now ex-boyfriend. Vick couldn't even beat Yugi with a deck of the rarest Machines in the game. Loser. Rochelle didn't have time to waste on dueling idiots like him. She needed a real man.
“I'm with Cyrus here!” Dorien said. “We're a team Rochelle! I'd personally prefer Slifer the Sky Dragon myself, but an Obelisk wannabe will have to do!” Rochelle smiled.
“Don't worry you two. I have cards in mind for you. Do you really think Pegasus would make a dark version of one God card without making dark versions of the others?” Dorien and Cyrus leaned forward. “I saw the whole duel between Kaiba and the cheerleader. She's got a whole trio of the things, called the Legendary Demons. She's got a dark Slifer named Uria, and a dark Ra named Hamon.”
“The Legendary Demons? Cool!” Cyrus gasped.
“Uria, Hamon and Raviel.” Dorien muttered. “Three Legendary Demons.” Rochelle nodded.
“Exactly. And right now, there's 3 of us. Catch my drift?” Dorien and Cyrus gasped.
“If we got our hands on those cards, our decks would be invincible!” He cheered.
“Hold on.” Dorien said. “Do you really expect Gardner to just hand them over to us?” Rochelle shook her head and sneered.
No, I don't. But who ever said I planned on asking in the first place?”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Okay men! And Tea…here's you assignment!” Joey yelled. “The objective is, find freaky Demon card! Let nothing stand in your way! And by the way, hurry up so I can get home in time for supper. Raviel sounds like ravioli, and it made me hungry.”
“Tell me, does acting like a complete idiot come naturally, or do you practice in your spare time?” Kaiba snickered.
“Kaiba…” Joey threatened. “Okay, move out!” The gang ran out of the store to scour the street, intent on finding Raviel. Yugi and Joey left, and Tea moved to follow them.
“Gardner.” Kaiba said suddenly, prompting Tea to turn around.
“Yeah?” The CEO walked up to her and leaned down until their faces were inches apart.
“Don't get too laid back, finding out what lame brain scheme of Pegasus' this is now.” Kaiba warned. “Because once you get Raviel back, and you get a new Duel Disk…we have a rematch to finish.” Tea scowled and raised her hand.
“Will you stop thinking about yourself for once?” Tea yelled, moving to slap him. Kaiba stood up and grabbed her wrist.
“Don't you dare touch me.” He growled. Tea narrowed her eyes and brought up her other hand. Kaiba then learned a very valuable lesson: not all girls slap. You keep pissing them off, they're liable to punch. Kaiba's head snapped to the side, and the CEO stumbled back, more out of shock then pain.
“You are unbelievable.” Tea muttered. “You almost got killed a dozen times tonight, and you're worried about your rematch? Kaiba, think about what Pegasus said. Don't you remember what the Egyptian God cards did in Battle City? Bakura, Joey, Odion, Mai. How many fell to them? And now Pegasus said that a whole new trio of cards just as strong exists, and we know even less about them than we did about the God cards! Your rematch doesn't matter now. What matters is finding Raviel before someone gets hurt!” Kaiba rubbed his jaw and bit down a glare. Not now, not the time for anger. Save it, store it up. Save it for the match.
“After that little punch of yours, I'm starting to rethink helping you. Kaiba said.
“Yeah, that too?” Tea replied, getting a suspicious look in her eyes. “Why are you helping us? You almost always only care about you and Mokuba. What are you up to?”
“I'm not `up to' anything. I've never heard of these Legendary Demon cards, and Kaiba Corp card database has information on every card ever produced, except for them. And, my contract to sell holographic technology to Duel Monster arenas includes Pegasus informing me of all new cards 3 months prior to their sale. Long story short; if Pegasus is going to make new cards, I have a right to know.” Tea's look didn't vanish, but she accepted the explanation and left, swiping Uria and Hamon from the counter. As she left, a smirk slid across Kaiba's face.
“Besides.” He said under his breath. “The sooner I learn more about these cards, the sooner I can figure out how to beat them.”
 
This will NOT become a Seto/Tea fic, repeat, NO Seto/Tea! While it is my fav pairing (Kaiba + hormones = fun!), it is not this story's pairing.