Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Wrath of the Phantasm ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
If anyone thinks I purposely wrote the alley scene between Tea and Rochelle to resemble the scene in Season 5 between Yami Bakura and Yugi…you're right, I did write it that way!
 
BTW…I apologize ahead of time
 
Chapter 3
 
Wrath of the Phantasm
 
“Spread out, it had to be here somewhere.” Mokuba yelled. The entire group -minus Kaiba, who was casually leaning against the wall of the Turtle Game shop - was out on the street, searching for Raviel. Tea looked up from a gutter and stared into the sky.
“Tea? You okay?” Yugi asked. Tea nodded slightly.
“I was just thinking…” She said softly. Yugi followed her gaze up to the murky clouds above. There was no rain yet, but thunder could still be heard, along with flashes of lightning. “The storm didn't start until I played Hamon…maybe the Demons are as powerful as the Gods…” Tea looked down. “If that's true, who knows what might happen if we can't find Raviel? The last thing we need is a repeat of Battle City…especially because of me.”
“Don't say things like that Tea.” Yugi urged. “We'll find Raviel, we have to. You check further down the street.” He said, running off. Tea raised her head and jogged forward a bit before turning down an alley. She looked up as a flash of lightning tore down the sky, illuminating the alley for a brief instant. Tea walked further down the alley, trying without success to see the card.
“What was I thinking?” Tea moaned. “I'll never be able to find Raviel here.”
“And what a true pity that is.” Rochelle sneered. Tea spun around and looked up. Rochelle stood, leaned over the balcony of the fire escape. She flicked on a flashlight and shone it down in Tea's eyes. Tea looked away, and Rochelle moved the light away. Tea looked up and growled. Rochelle had found time to change after her defeat at the pier. She now wore a pair of black jeans with a thin black tube top that barely covered her torso. She had also donned a black trenchcoat that was tied over her upper body with 3 chains, then flared out at the hips.
“It's a little late for little girls to be out wandering the streets.” The Goth purred. “Shouldn't you be tucked nice and warm into your bed?” Tea growled as another flash of lightning struck the building behind Rochelle.
“What do you want Rochelle?” Tea asked. Rochelle smirked and crossed her arms.
“What do I want? Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to, oh mighty Queen of Games?” She laughed.
“If you want to lose a third time, you'll have to wait until tomorrow! I'm busy looking for something.” Tea said, turning to leave.
“Ah yes, the mighty demon Raviel.” Rochelle said. Tea froze. “Oh? You recognize that name, hm?” Tea spun around and stared up at her rival.
“What do you know about it?” She yelled. Rochelle reached up a hand to rest on her Duel Disk.
“They say that when duelists build a deck, they choose their cards. But I say the cards choose the duelist. I like to think that Fate exists, Tea. It was Fate that you would defeat Seto Kaiba. It was Fate that you and I would both adopt the Dark Magician Girl as our favorite cards. And it was most certainly Fate that I would receive this!” Rochelle drew the top card from her deck and held it out. Tea gasped at the blue creature displayed there as lightning illuminated the alley.
“Raviel…” Tea whispered. “Give that back Rochelle!” Rochelle slipped Raviel back into her Duel Disk.
“Give it back? Tea, why would I do that?” She mocked. “This card is one of the most powerful cards I've ever come across.” Rochelle smiled. “But I have a compromise in order. You have something I want, and I have something you want?”
“You mean that stupid title? If that's what it takes, fine. You're the Queen of Games Rochelle. Now give back Raviel!” Tea shouted.
“Your title?” Rochelle laughed. “As much as I'd like to milk your submission more, I'm afraid I desire much more then my rightful title as Queen of Games. I have Raviel, Tea. And you have Uria and Hamon.” Tea gasped.
“You want the other Demons.” She accused.
“What do you know, you aren't at ditzy as you act.” Rochelle snickered. “But see, while we both desire what the other has, I still have a bargaining chip. I'm in no hurry to acquire those cards. I know I'll beat you eventually. But you seem to have some sort of time limit.” Rochelle stepped back to the retractable ladder and placed a boot on the top rung. “You want Raviel back? Just try and take him!” Rochelle sneered, kicking. Tea dove as the metal ladder slammed to the ground where she stood. Rochelle spun and raced up the fire escape. Tea climbed to her feet and climbed after her.
Tea looked up as Rochelle's coat vanished over the top of building. Tea climbed after her and jumped up. Rochelle smiled and leapt, jumping over the 4 foot span between buildings. Tea growled and ran after her, thunder rumbling overhead. She leapt and rolled onto the next building, wincing as she skinned her elbow.
“Watch it your Majesty!” Rochelle laughed, running again. Tea ran after her as Rochelle jumped 4 more buildings. Finally, Rochelle skidded to a halt and turned. Tea landed and stepped forward onto a black tarp.
“Rochelle! This ends now. Raviel is more powerful then anything, you can't control power that like!” Tea urged.
“You're half right Tea. Raviel is powerful, but I'm more than capable of controlling him. And I'm more than capable of controlling the other two as well. You want Raviel back, I say we compromise. I'm willing to bet my Demon in a duel, provided you're willing to bet Uria.” Tea gritted her teeth.
“Are you insane? Rochelle, did you see what those cards did earlier tonight? You can't just act like they're bargaining chips.”
“It seems that I am.” Rochelle said. “Now, do we have a deal, or am I going to have to keep running?” Tea growled.
“Fine! We'll duel tomorrow, my Duel Disk doesn't work anymore.”
“We're not idiots.” Rochelle snapped, looking up. Tea turned her head to stare at Cyrus and Dorien standing atop a shed. Dorien smirked and flung a Duel Disk at Tea. Tea reached out and caught it. She loosened the clasp on her old one and removed her deck, tossing the old disk away and slipping on the new one.
“I'll go first, if you don't mind.” Rochelle said, turning on her Disk. “I'll start by playing `Pot of Greed', to draw 2 more cards. Then I'm summoning `Midnight Cloak Assassin' (1000, 1000). And when I summon him, I can automatically summon another Level 4 Fiend from my hand. So meet `Flash Assailant' (2000, 2000). My new Fiend loses 400 points for each card in my hand. So I'll set 1 card down and end my turn. Tea glared as the Assassin and the Assailant (800, 800).
“I'm not going to lose to someone like you Rochelle!” Tea yelled, drawing. “I summon `Absorbing Kid from the Sky' (1300, 1000). And I'll activate the Spell `Celtus of Dagla'. This gives my monster an extra 500 attack points. Now my Fairy, attack!” The rotund angel leapt into the air and flung the Celtus daggers at Midnight Cloak Assassin. “And due to my card effects, when I destroy your monster, I gain Life Points!”
 
-Tea: 10000, Rochelle: 7200-
 
“Good work. I activate the trap `Hidden Soldiers'!” Rochelle laughed. “This card activates when you destroy a monster, and lets me summon another Level 4 monster from my hand. So I call forth another Midnight Cloak Assassin. And since I summoned him, I also summon `Archfiend Soldier' (1900, 1500).” Tea nodded.
“I'll set a card and end my turn.” She said. “With `Rush Recklessly' down, I can hold off anything she might summon next turn. Nothing she can summon can beat 2500 attack points.”
“Good. My move.” Rochelle said, laying her hand on her deck.
“Rochelle, I'm going to ask you nicely, stop!” Tea pleaded. “If you treat Raviel like that, someone is going to get hurt.” Rochelle growled.
“Don't insult my skills, I can control him!” She snapped, drawing. Rochelle looked at her card, and sneered at it before looking up at Tea. “It seems that despite my amazing dueling prowess, you don't believe I'm capable of controlling a Demon like Raviel. Well, allow me to prove you wrong! You just wait a little while longer, until I unleash him against you.” Rochelle grinned. “In fact, you don't have to wait at all! I sacrifice Archfiend Solider, Midnight Cloak Assassin, and Flash Assailant!” Rochelle held up her new card as her 3 Fiends turns to ghosts and slammed into it. Tea gasped.
“NO! Rochelle, don't!” Rochelle laughed.
“This ends now. I summon my newest monster!” Rochelle slapped her card on her Duel Disk, and the building began to shake. Tea gaped a gigantic blue spirit began to rise behind Rochelle.
“No…you did it…” Tea whispered in horror. Rochelle cackled as the monstrous blue beast became corporeal, and let loose a roar to the sky, causing lightning to flash.
“I summon `Raviel, Lord of Phantasms' (4000, 4000)!” Rochelle crowed. Tea shook her head in awe at the large blue Demon. It looked like Obelisk the Tormentor, but Raviel had patches purple skin here and there, and instead of simple hands, he had long, hooked claws.
“She summoned it…she's controlling it!” Tea yelled. Rochelle grinned.
“Now Tea, allow Raviel and I to show you the true meaning of power. Raviel, attack! Fists of Phantoms!” Raviel drew back its fist and punched air, letting loose a torrent of ghostly white spirits. The spirits wrapped around each other to form a large, glowing fist. The attack hit Tea's monster, and exploded in a flurry of wind. Tea covered her eyes and looked away as the spiritual punch met its mark.
 
-Tea: 7800, Rochelle: 7200-
 
“You have nothing that can defeat Raviel! I'll end my turn.” Rochelle mocked. Tea shook her head.
“I'll beat him somehow.” She defended. “I'll set a monster in defense mode and end my turn.” Rochelle smirked.
“Fine. I play `Monster Reborn' to revive my Archfiend Soldier. Now Raviel, Fist of Phantoms! Crush her pathetic defenses!” Raviel chuckled and sent forth another glowing attack. Tea looked away as `The Agent of Creation- Venus' (1600, 0000) was destroyed. “Now Archfiend Soldier, attack her Life Points directly!” The caped Fiend leapt into the air and slammed its smaller fist into Tea's stomach. Tea doubled over and fell to her knees.
 
-Tea: 5900, Rochelle: 7200-
 
“I'm not giving up.” Tea muttered, getting up. “I play `Spell of Sanctity', which lets us both draw until we have 6 cards.” Tea drew her cards and gasped. “Uria...if I could summon him, I might be able to beat Raviel. But I need 3 Continuous Traps to summon him.” “I set a monster in defense and end my turn.” Rochelle lowered her head and chuckled.
“I swear, you get more stupid every time we duel.” She laughed. “Thanks for the free hand! It'll make your defeat come that much quicker! I remove the 2 Midnight Cloak Assassins and the Flash Assailant in my Graveyard to summon `Dark Necrofear' (2200, 2800). Then I summon another Archfiend Soldier.” Rochelle smiled. “And now, I activate Raviel's special ability!” Raviel let loose a roar, and the three other Fiends on Rochelle's field turned to blue specters. “Raviel has the power to absorb the power of other monsters on my field, as long as I send them to the Graveyard. Go Raviel, I offer you my Archfiend Soldiers, and my Dark Necrofear! Absorb their life force to increase your power!” Raviel glowed as the three spirits entered his body.
“It doesn't matter!” Tea said, relieved. “As long as my monster is in defense mode, my Life Points are safe!”
“Pathetic.” Rochelle muttered. “Rules are made to be broken, Tea. And this card will do just that! I play my final card, `Fairy Meteor Crush'! Now whenever Raviel attacks a defense monster, the difference between my attack, and your defense, is done as damage to your Life Points.” Tea's eyes widened. “Now Raviel, attack her monster and end this duel! Fist of Phantoms!” The super-charged Demon (10000, 4000) slammed its fist into Tea's monster, `Dunames Dark Witch' (1800, 1050). The Fairy burst apart, and Tea was flung onto her back by the force. Raviel threw its head back and roared in triumph, causing thunder to rumble and the roof to shake. Rochelle threw back her head and laughed.
“Game over Tea!”
 
-Tea: 0000, Rochelle: 7200-
 
Tea groaned and craned her neck up as Rochelle walked over to stand in front of her. Catching sight of Tea's scattered hand, Rochelle knelt down and picked up Uria.
“Two down, one to go.” Rochelle muttered. She stepped back and placed a boot on the black tarp Tea was laying on.
“N…no…” Tea gasped.
“Don't worry Tea, I'm not done with you.” Rochelle assured her. “After all, I still have to take Hamon from you.” Rochelle looked down and smiled. “In the meantime.” Rochelle leaned down and sneered as Tea raised her head to find her newest rival a mere inch away.
“Goodbye Tea Gardner, Queen of Games. You've been dethroned.” Rochelle raised her boot and slammed it on the tarp. Tea froze as the sound of cracking filled her ears, and she realized what was under the tarp: A skylight. The glass shattered, and Tea fell down, landing roughly on a wooden scaffold. Tea coughed and groaned as she tried to get up, her back protesting in pain. Tea's head fell back as Rochelle sneered down at her. The wood underneath her creaked and snapped, sending Tea plummeting the 20 feet down into a pile of wooden crates. The former Queen of Games hit, cracking several crates, and lay still. Tea groaned and swirled her tongue in her mouth, tasting blood. She felt a sharp pain in her thigh and looked down to see a bloody gash ripping through her shorts. Tea lay her head back and moaned.
Rochelle laughing on the skylight above, framed by a bolt of lightning, was the last thing Tea saw before she fell away into darkness.