Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ A Matter of Destiny ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Chapter 6
 
A Matter of Destiny
 
“You're going on a trip?” Ayame Gardner asked. Tea nodded. Yesterday, Pegasus had arrived and told them that they had to go to Egypt. Tea was only released from the hospital last night, and was packing to leave in the morning.
“Yeah.” She said, clocking her suitcase closed. “Joey is picking Yugi, Tristan and me up in the morning, and we're off to the airport.” She said.
“But Tea, you just got out of the hospital!” Ayame moaned. “You're carrying a crutch, you're in no condition to travel!” Tea picked up said crutch and hobbled to her mother, her foot wrapped in a cast.
“Mom…I have to go, alright? I'm needed.” Tea said. Ayame sighed.
“Tea…I'm not stupid. I know…what Yugi is like, and what has happened with him in the past…”
“Mom, Yugi would never hurt me.” Tea said, hurt by the idea her mother would think such a thing about the man she lo…liked, liked.
“I know, I know. The boy is not trouble. But…he does seem to attract it.” Ayame said. “I know this is one of those times where you'll do something dangerous, and I'll probably wish I had just never paid any attention. So just…be careful. I'm a mom, and it's in our nature to worry. I trust Yugi to take care of you, but I'm still worried. So come back safe.” Tea nodded and hugged her mother.
“Thanks mom. I will.” She said. Ayame nodded and stepped back as Tea's phone rang. “Hello?” She asked.
“Tea?” Yugi replied. “You might want to check out the news on Channel 5.” Tea shrugged and picked up the remote for the TV in her room, flipping it on.
“She's been dueling non-stop today, and her win-loss record is up to an astounding 50-0.” Tea's jaw dropped as Rochelle appeared on the screen, summoning Uria. “Several duelists have stepped up to the girl's challenge that no one can defeat her, and so far, she appears to have told the truth. She even took on the number 1 ranked tag team duelists in a handicapped duel, and still won. All beaten opponents agree that her power can be attributed to what she calls `The Legendary Demon cards', a set of 3 cards that eerily resemble the infamous Egyptian God cards.”
“Are you watching?” Yugi asked. Tea gritted her teeth.
“Yeah. I'm watching.” She growled.
“This newcomer has also laid claim to title `Queen of Games', a title which, according to our sources, belongs to Tea Gardner, who recently has signed a contract to market Industrial Illusion products. This new duelist claims to have beaten Gardner, but there is no evidence to support this. Gardner herself, along with fellow elite duelists Seto Kaiba and Yugi Muto, has yet to be reached for a statement regarding these events. For Domino New, I'm Taiyoko…” Tea turned off the TV.
“She's even got news coverage.” She muttered.
“Tea, you missed the first part of the broadcast. She's issued an official challenge for you to duel her, with your title on the line. Tea, Rochelle keeps raising the stakes. If you accept the challenge, it'll probably be broadcast all over Japan.”
“Yugi.” Tea said suddenly. “I've never backed down from anything in my life I felt I could handle. And trust me, I'm not about to start now.” Tea hung up and flopped back on the bed. Starring at the ceiling for a moment, she pulled open her nightstand and pulled out the small plastic case with her deck in it. Fanning out the cards, Tea looked at them and sighed.
“If Yami and the Egyptian Gods is what it takes to take Rochelle down…then so be it.” She whispered. With that, Tea decided to finish packing in the morning. She turned off the light and lay down to sleep.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
Kelbeck, destroy her creature of darkness!” Teana commanded. Roslyn snarled and dove to the sand as Night Assailant exploded before her eyes. She coughed and slowly climbed to her feet. “Roslyn, enough of this! Cease this duel, before Seth has you executed for treason!” Teana shouted. Roslyn growled.
“I think not, your Highness.” She sneered. “I'm not done yet. If you want your Demons to remain safe, you'll have to kill me, and I know that's something you won't bring yourself to do.” Roslyn laughed and held her diadiankh (1) into the air. “No more play time! Come forth, Invader of Darkness!” A cloud of darkness swirled around Roslyn's diadiankh as a caped man appeared before her. “Prepare yourself, your Highness, for destruction at the hands of one of my most potent beasts. Invader of Darkness, crush her!” The man roared and summoned a ball of black magic to his hand, firing it at Teana. Teana scowled and held up her own diadiankh.
“Zolga, Cape of Protection! Block her monster's evil magic.” Teana said. Her own caped creature appeared and spun around, its cape sending a windstorm towards Roslyn. Roslyn laughed.
“Please, your pathetic monster cannot stop me!” She declared. Sure enough, the dark magic made it through the windstorm. The attack tore right through Zolga's chest and slammed into Kelbeck. Both of them screamed in horror and vanished in a flash of dark light. “Now your Highness, you know you have nothing that can defeat my creature. Except for maybe, him…” Roslyn snickered. Teana glared.
“Alright then. If you wish for death Roslyn, you shall have it!” Teana held up her diadiankh. “I call forth the Legendary Demon, Raviel, Lord of Phantasms!” The ground shook as ghostly white spirits began to fly through the air towards Teana. “Raviel commands all fallen spirits, which means he absorbs the power of every monster that has fallen in our battle!” Teana declared. The spirits condensed and formed the hulking blue monster. “Raviel, end this. Attack and destroy her!” Raviel roared and slammed its fist into the ground. A fissure raced towards Roslyn. Roslyn gasped as the ground around her cracked, and dark magic burst up into the air, knocking her on her back, her black cloak tangling. Before her, Invader of Darkness collapsed to the desert sand, the fissure opening under it to claim it.
“This is over, Roslyn.” Teana said sadly. Roslyn was not the best person, but no one deserved to go to the Shadow Realm. “I will tell Seth of your defeat.” Teana turned, and froze at the sound of coughing behind her.
“Impressive.” Roslyn sneered, climbing to her feet. “The Demons have even more power than I imagined. And to think someone like you controls them. Well, not for long.” Teana spun around, eyes wide.
“Impossible! How did you survive?” She demanded. Roslyn grinned.
“Now your Highness, you shall know true terror. I survived Raviel's wrath, but I wonder if you are strong enough to do the same?” Roslyn reached to her wrist and removed her diadiankh, throwing it to the side. “You've fallen into my trap, and now you shall suffer the same fate as your pathetic husband!” Teana scowled.
“Don't you dare talk about Yami like that!” She snapped. Roslyn crossed her arms.
“Now, prepare yourself. I call forth my Kaa!” She shouted, spreading her arms wide. A dark aura appeared around Roslyn, and rose over her to form a blue-skinned woman. “My Kaa is one of my personal favorite beasts, and now you shall see why.” Roslyn pointed at Raviel. “Your monster's own power shall work against it. Dark Necrofear, attack Raviel!” The ghostly woman flew through the air, and was knocked away by Raviel's fist.
“What are you up to Roslyn?” Teana demanded. Roslyn winked.
“Raviel, like you said, absorbs the spirits of our fallen monsters. And now he shall absorb Dark Necrofear.” The woman turned into a black mist and floated into Raviel. “And you see, Dark Necrofear is one beast you don't want to absorb, your Highness. For any creature who absorbs my Kaa shall find itself under my command, for Dark Necrofear possesses any creature that slays it!” Teana gasped and spun around, looking up at Raviel. Raviel's eyes glowed red, and it looked down at Teana. “And now you are helpless. Raviel, finish this! Attack!” Raviel let loose a mighty roar and slammed its fist towards Teana. Teana screamed in terror and dropped to the sand as Raviel's fist descended.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Rochelle!” Tea cried, sitting up in bed. She gasped for breath and wiped off her sweat covered brow. She hadn't had nightmares in over 5 years. Tea swallowed and looked at her alarm clock. It was just after 2 am. She laid back down and continued panting.
“What was that?” She whispered. That had been so real, the silk robes, the feeling of horror when Raviel looked at her. And Roslyn...
“Rochelle.” Tea muttered, shaking her head. She bit her lip, then reached for the telephone. She quickly dialed, knowing the number by heart. It took 4 rings, but it picked up.
“Yeah?” Yugi whispered sleepily.
“Yugi, did I wake you?” Tea asked. Yugi yawned.
“No, I was just playing draw poker with Grandpa.” He joked. “Tea, it's late. What's up?” Tea sighed.
“Well...okay, I'm not sure how to ask this…when Yami was still around, did you have…dreams?” Tea heard Yugi shuffling on the other line.
“Dreams?” Yugi replied, sounding more awake. “What kind of dreams?”
“Like…ancient dreams. Dreams like they may have been his memories?” Tea asked hopefully. Yugi took a breath.
“Well, I didn't have any dreams when Yami was here, but when I was still putting the Millennium Puzzle together? You know, back when Joey always gave me a hard time? Well, I had dreams back then. I was usually in a desert somewhere, and I was dueling with some kind of…ancient Duel Disk. Why?” Tea nodded.
“Ever feel, when you were having those dreams, like something was…calling you?” She continued.
“Yeah…Tea, what's going on, you're kinda creeping me out.” Yugi admitted. Tea sighed.
“Yugi…remember how we all agree that it was your destiny to complete the Millennium Puzzle and help Yami save the world and get his memories back?”
“Yeah…” Yugi said slowly.
“Well…I think beating Rochelle, and sealing the Legendary Demons…may be mine.”
 
1: A golden gauntlet, it has an extension that folds out to a half-circle made up of 3 triangular parts. Any monsters summoned appear on the parts. Like, as Yugi himself says, an ancient Duel Disk. If ya want a pic for a visual, I can provide one via email.