Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Duel of Fate ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Yipe! Has it really been almost 3 weeks since the last update? Oi, I'm so sorry, really. But to make it up to you, I give you something in this chapter I bet you've been waiting for! No, not Rochelle's bloody and violent death, something else you'll enjoy!
 
Chapter 7
 
Duel of Fate
 
“We'll be landing in a few minutes.” Pegasus informed Téa. Téa nodded and looked out the window of the plane flying over the sands of Egypt, nearing Cairo. Pegasus, Téa, Yugi, Joey and Tristan were all on Pegasus' private plane, bound for the land of the Pharaohs. Yugi had called Kaiba with an offer to join them the night before, but the arrogant teen hadn't replied or shown up, so they had gone without him. They had left at 6 am that morning, and Téa was still sleepy. Joey had just kicked Tristan off his seat, folded up the armrest, and stretched out to nap, leaving Tristan rather put out. Yugi was sitting next to Téa.
“Do you think we'll find him?” Yugi murmured, looking down. Téa turned to him and shrugged. Yami and Yugi had shared a body for years. The bond they shared was strong, and Téa had no doubt that the bond was every bit as powerful as the bond Yugi shared with the rest of them, probably more so. Her lifelong friend had been depressed for a week when the spirit had left. He had confessed to Téa that, even though the entire gang had been on hand for support, Yami's departure had left him feeling very alone.
“I don't know. I'm not even really sure what it is we're doing here.” Téa admitted. “I know we have to find the Egyptian God cards, but I don't know how we're going to do it.”
“I have Ishizu Ishtar and her family.” Pegasus explained. “She will meet with us to take us to the Millennium Stone. I believe the answer to our problem lies there.”
“Wait a minute. Ishizu?” Tristan groaned. “That means that little creep Malik is probably gonna show up too.” Téa shot him a glare.
“Tristan, that's mean.” She scolded.
“Well come on, you remember what that twerp did.” Tristan shot back. “Personally, I could make due with never having to see him again.”
“I'll admit Malik did some pretty evil things Tristan.” Yugi said. “But he's changed now, remember? He's free of his dark side, and he was more than willing to help us when we came to find Yami's memory. We can trust him.” Tristan snorted and crossed his arms, sitting down on the floor beside Joey.
“We're here.” Pegasus said. The plane landed with a small bump, and woke up Joey.
“Wha…?” He mumbled, looking at Tristan. “You're not Megan Hollingshead…(1)” He said. Tristan rolled his eyes.
“Get up, we're landing.” He said, climbing to his feet. Joey yawned and scratched his arm before standing. The four waited as Pegasus pressed a button next to the door. The door slid open, a retractable staircase lowering to the ground. The five walked to the ground and crossed the runway to the entrance to the airport terminal. As they entered, Pegasus looked around.
“They were told to wait here for us.” He murmured. Joey yawned again.
“Who?” He asked. Pegasus spied someone through the crowd and pointed.
“Them.” He said, pointing. Pegasus walked through the crowd, followed Téa and the others. “Ishizu. It has been a while.” Ishizu Ishtar nodded.
“Yes, it has Pegasus.” She said. She looked past him and bowed. “And greetings to you Yugi, and your friends.”
“Hey Ishizu, what's up?” Joey asked.
“Pegasus asked me and my brother to assist you in finding the Millennium Stone and retrieving the Egyptian God cards.” Ishizu explained. “Malik and Odion are currently waiting outside, if you would follow me.” Ishizu turned and led the 4 outside. In the parking lot waiting with an old blue pickup truck was the Ishtar heir and his step-brother.
“Yugi. Welcome back.” Malik said, bowing. Yugi nodded.
“Thanks. I just wish we could meet up sometime without having to do it when the world is in danger.” Malik nodded.
“Yes. Pegasus told us. Is it true that the Egyptian God cards really have sinister clones?”
“Yeah, the Legendary Demons.” Téa growled. “And someone has them who definitely shouldn't. That's why we need the God cards.”
“It would be an honor.” Malik said. “We Ishtars pledged to await the Pharaoh's return, and help him save the world from evil. And if his…” Malik was cut off as Ishizu elbowed him in the hip. Malik glared. “What was that for?” He asked. Ishizu ignored him.
“Please, if you will.” She said. Pegasus, Téa and Yugi climbed in the back seat, with Joey and Tristan climbing in the back of the truck. Ishizu led Malik to the passenger door as Odion got in the driver's seat and gave her brother a pointed look.
“Malik…she does not know about Anzu.” Ishizu reminded him. Malik gasped.
“She doesn't? Then surely we should tell her.”
“It is not our place.” Ishizu said. “If Téa's destiny is to contain the Demons as Yugi and Yami contained the Gods, then she shall have to find out on her own.” Ishizu and Malik climbed in the front seat. Odion started the car, and Ishizu turned in her seat.
“So, Téa, Pegasus. Tell us more about these Legendary Demons.”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
It was roughly a 2 hour drive to the cavern. Along the way, Pegasus again told the gruesome story of the Demons' birth, and Téa explained about her rivalry with Rochelle. As Odion pulled to a stop in front of the entrance to the cavern and the group exited the truck, Ishizu turned to Téa.
“Téa…as you no doubt remember, not just anyone can use the Gods.” Téa nodded. “You may be forced to undergo some sort of trial to prove yourself pure of heart.” Téa suddenly looked nervous.
“Trial? What sort of trial?” She gulped.
“I cannot be sure.” Ishizu admitted. “But if you are forced to prove yourself, I do hope you prevail. The Egyptian God cards are not to be taken lightly.” Téa nodded and cast a discreet glance at Odion. Yeah, she remembered what happened to anyone who PO'ed an Egyptian God monster. Barring the entrance to the cavern was a sleek, silver door. Joey ran a hand over it.
“Hey guys, call me crazy, but I don't dis being here last time.” He said.
“I ordered a security system installed.” Pegasus said, pulling a key card from his jacket. “Really Joey, do you think someone in their right mind would leave the 7 Millennium Items out in the middle of nowhere with no protection?”
“Uh…good point I guess.”” Joey said sheepishly. Malik pulled a similar key card from his own pocket, and Pegasus fell around the stone to the left of the door. He found a small nick, and pulled a stone down to reveal two key card slots. Malik and Pegasus inserted their keys into the readers, and the steel door hissed open. Malik led the group down the stone steps that led into the mountain, emerging in the chamber with the Millennium Stone.
“Whoa…” Joey murmured, stepping down. “Dis place is still cool.” Yugi ignored his friend and walked forward to the Millennium Stone. Téa followed him, knowing full well what he was doing. Yugi came to a halt before the stone, staring down at the Millennium Puzzle resting in the center.
“I know he's not in it anymore, that's he's gone.” Yugi said quietly, sensing Téa behind him. “But…it's weird.” Téa nodded.
“I know Yugi, I know. We all miss him.” She said.
“Okay, so how do we do dis? Do we stand around Téa, chant Kumbaya and hope the God cards pop outta the Stone?” Joey asked.
“I do not believe so.” Malik said dryly. “I believe if we want the cards, we shall have to go them.” Tristan's eyes went wide.
“Whoa, you mean one of us has to cross over to the spirit world?” He shouted. “Uh-uh, no way, not gonna happen!
“Sorry guys. As much as I'd like to help beat the psycho bad-girl, I've had enough with ancient spirits to last me a while.” Yugi nodded.
“I'll go.” He said. Téa looked down at him.
“Yugi…”
“Téa, I want to see him again.” Yugi said. “And besides, I don't want any of you guys to get hurt.”
“Yugi, that's sweet.” Téa whispered, kneeling down. “But I'm the one Rochelle challenged. If anyone goes, it should be me.”
“There is something else you may have forgotten.” Malik said. “I am afraid you cannot simply choose who goes.”
“Really? So how do we send someone over?” Joey asked.
“The same way we sent Yami.” Malik said. It took a moment for it to click, but Yugi got it first.
“Be beaten in a duel…” He said. Malik nodded.
“And even then, I am not sure it will work. But if you need the God cards, perhaps destiny will allow you passage. But I fear that no one will go unless they get beaten.” Téa thought for a moment, then looked at Yugi.
“Are you thinking what I'm thinking?” She asked. Yugi met her gaze and nodded.
“It's the only way.” He said. “Yami had to be beaten in a fair and square duel to cross over. If we have to, then I suppose we have to.” Téa stood up, and the two crossed to either side of the Millennium Stone.
“Hey, what are you two doing?” He called. Téa and Yugi reached up and turned on their Duel Disks. “Hold on `ere, ya can't be serious!” He yelled, running up to the Stone. Malik held up a hand to stop them.
“Let them go Joey.” He said. “Unless one of them loses, no one will go. But if they're True Duelists, they'll be able to battle each other to their full power. But it is no the winner of the duel who shall go, but the loser. It is all in Fate's hands now.”
“Téa…I'm not going to hold back, and you can't either.” Yugi yelled. “I'm not going to disrespect you by pulling any punches.” Téa nodded.
“Same here Yugi.” She confirmed. The two friends, and more-so, the two duelists, drew their cards. Yugi nodded back.
“Alright Téa. Let's duel!”
 
Well come on! You need they would duel each other sooner or later! You knew it was coming, honestly! But now who to root for? If Téa wins…well, Téa wins! But if Téa loses, she can get the God cards. Hm…decisions, decisions…
 
1: A chapter dedication to the reviewer who gets this little inside joke.