Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Yugi vs. Tea ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
I know this duel isn't quite as intense as Yugi vs. Yami, or Yugi vs. Joey, but I tried.
 
Chapter dedication to Star AJT 84. Megan Hollingshead is in fact, on of Mai's voice actors.
 
Chapter 8
 
Yugi vs. Téa
 
“I'll start off Téa.” Yugi said, drawing. “I place `Graceful Charity', and draw 3 cards, and discard 2. Next, I summon `Silent Magician Lv4' (1000, 1000), and activate `Level Modulation' to revive `Ultimate Insect Lv5' (2300, 900). I'll play `Swords of Revealing Light', and end my turn.” The glowing swords rained down on Téa. The cheerleader grimaced.
“Great. His first turn, and he's got out 2 of his better monsters.” She thought, drawing. By the time Swords of Revealing Light wore off, Yugi would have drawn 5 cards, and she's be up against 2 high-level monsters, plus anything else Yugi could cook up in that time. “I'll play `The Sanctuary in the Sky', and set a monster in defense. I'll end my turn.” Téa lowered her Duel Disk.
“I gotta say it, I'd never thought I'd see Yugi duel Téa, of all people.” Joey muttered on the sidelines.
“Tell me about it.” Tristan agreed. “I feel really put off. I'm not sure who to root for.” Yugi drew.
“First, I'll evolve my Insect to `Ultimate Insect Lv7' (2600, 1200). Then I summon `Stone Golem Lv3' (300, 2000). I set this card down and end my turn.” He said. Téa bit her lip. He was just building up his forces while his monsters leveled up. Damn.
“I'll set a card face down, and another monster in defense mode.” Téa said. She had drawn 4 cards now. Next turn Yugi's Swords would wear off, but by that time, his Magician would be in Level 8 mode. And at 3500 points, even her strongest monster, Shinato, couldn't beat him. Téa drew and smiled.
“My move. I reveal my monster `Warrior of Zera' (1600, 1600). Then, I offer Warrior of Zera as Tribute to invoke the power of the Sanctuary in the Sky!” The warrior glowed a bright white as the palace floating in the clouds over the duel glowed to match. The Warrior glowed and grew to a larger, more powerful creature. As the smoke cleared, Zera now sported a large pair of white wings with a shining, curved saber made of white steel.
“I summon `Archlord Zerato' (2800, 2300). And I'll activate his special ability, and discard a LIGHT monster from my hand to destroy all of your monsters!” Zerato's sword glowed, and with a roar, Zerato slammed the sword into the ground, beams of energy racing towards Yugi (1). Yugi smiled.
“Activate Trap!” He shouted. Zerato's power met its mark, and Yugi's field was consumed in an explosion. The smoke cleared to reveal Yugi alone on the field. Téa felt a bit sorry for having to do that, but they promised each other a duel here. “I end my turn.” Téa said. As she spoke, a vortex opened in front of Yugi, and Silent Magician slowly rose to the field. “Wha?”
“I activated my Trap.” Yugi explained. “It's called `Interdimensional Matter Transporter', and it removed my mage from play long enough to block your attack. Now it's my turn, and since you've drawn 5 cards, Silent Magician, Level Up!” The mage glowed and grew taller, its staff lengthening as well. “Behold `Silent Magician Lv8' (3500, 1000). Silent Magician, attack Zerato!” The mage twirled its staff and fired a bolt of magical energy at the Archlord. Zerato groaned as the attack tore a hole through his stomach, shortly before he shattered.
 
-Téa: 7300, Yugi: 8000-
 
“Okay Yugi.” Téa said, drawing. “I sacrifice `Fire Princess' (1300, 1500) to summon `Dark Magician Girl' (2000, 1700)!” Fire Princess vanished in a column of pink light, which dispersed to reveal Téa's trademark monster. “And I'm upgrading her with the Spell card `Megamorph', which doubles her attack points as long as your Life Points are higher than mine. Dark Magician Girl, attack the Silent Magician!” Silent Magician cringed as the Dark Burning washed over him, destroying him.
 
-Téa: 7300, Yugi: 7500-
 
“Man, look at dat.” Joey murmured. “They're matchin' each otha move fer move. I never thought I'd see Téa force Yugi on the defensive.”
“He's not on the defense yet.” Pegasus reminded him. “One thing you can always count on with duelists like Yugi-boy, they've almost always got another trick up their sleeve.” Yugi smiled.
“I have to say Téa, I'm enjoying this.” He admitted. Téa nodded.
“Me too. I'd never thought I'd be dueling you Yugi.” Yugi drew.
“Same here. But remember Téa, I promised you I wouldn't hold back, and I don't plan to. I place two cards face-down, and play `Monster Reborn' to revive my Stone Golem Lv3. That's all.” Yugi's stone statue kneeled in front of him. Téa frowned. Something was up. Knowing Yugi, he definitely had a trap set.
“I play `Mystical Space Typhoon' to destroy your face-down card on the left!” Téa announced, playing the card. The interstellar whirlwind whirled towards Yugi.
“Reveal `Shift'! I'll use it to redirect your Spell card back at you, destroying your Megamorph.” Téa nodded.
“I figured as much. Now I summon `The Agent of Creation- Venus' (1600, 0000), and give up 1500 Life Points to summon forth 3 `Mystical Shine Ball' (500, 500). Now I play `Polymerization' to fuse Dark Magician Girl with Mystical Shine Ball to create `Ancient Magician of Beauty- Mana' (2800, 2500)!” The ancient mage giggled and twirled her staff as she rose from the vortex Polymerization had created. “Now Mana, attack!” The Spellcaster fired a beam of white energy as the Stone Golem.
“Activate `Magic Cylinder'!” Yugi shouted. “Redirect the attack!” The pair of magical tubes appeared. The left one caught the attack, as the right one glowed and fired it back at Téa.
 
-Téa: 4500, Yugi: 7500-
 
“Alright, I end my turm.” Yugi nodded.
“Right. I'll start my turn by leveling up my Stone Golem into `Stone Golem Lv5' (500, 2600). Then I place a new card down and end my turn.” Téa nodded.
“Okay. I'll start by playing `The Agent of Courage- Pluto' (1000, 1000). Now Mana, attack!” Mana fired her magic, and this time, the Stone Golem crumbled. “Venus, Mystical Shine Balls, Pluto, attack!”
 
-Téa: 4500, Yugi: 3900-
 
“I'll play `Spell of Sanctity', so we both draw until we have 6 cards. I'll set this card and end my turn.” Yugi nodded.
“I draw, and…”
“Activate `Solar Ray'!” Téa shouted, pushing the button on her Duel Disk to activate the trap. “Inflict 600 points of damage for all my LIGHT monsters!”
 
-Téa: 4500, Yugi: 900-
 
“I don't believe it, she's gonna win!” Joey gasped. Pegasus smiled.
“I'm amazed. Téa has become even more power than I thought.” He said.
“I set a card down, and play `Card Destruction' to draw a new hand.” Yugi discarded his cards and drew. “I play `Raigeki' to destroy all your monsters!” The bolt of lightning crashed down, and Téa's monsters fell in a cloud of dust. “I set another card down to end my turn. Téa drew.
I play `Monster Reborn' to revive Mana from the Graveyard.” Téa looked at her friend sadly. “I'm sorry, Yugi. Mana, attack!” The magician closed her eyes and fired her magic.
“Trap card `Negate Attack'!” Yugi cried. Mana's attack met a wall of energy that rippled around Yugi. Téa wasn't sure if she should be frustrated or cheer.
“Okay Yugi, that's all.” She said. Yugi drew his card and sighed, lowering his head.
“Téa…you're by best and oldest friend. I'm sorry, but I promised myself, and you, that I would duel with all my might. And I'm going to now. I play `Necromancy' to revive your 3 Mystical Shine Balls and your Agent Pluto.” Téa's four fallen fairies rose onto the field. “Next, I reveal my Trap `Final Attack Orders', which forces those monsters into attack mode.” Téa bit her lip. The Shine Balls glowed a little brighter, and Pluto rose from its kneeling position. “I play `Emergency Provisions', and send Final Attack Orders to the Graveyard to gain 1000 Life Points.” Téa hung her head. She knew enough about Yugi's deck to take a guess as to what was coming next.
“I play `Double Spell', and discard my Level Up card to copy your Monster Reborn, reviving the monster I discarded with Card Destruction. Return, `Dark Magician' (2500, 2100).” Yugi went to activate the second card he had down. “Téa…” he whispered. Téa raised her head, tears running down her face.
“Yugi…bring it on!” She crowed, pumping her fist. “Go for it!” Yugi grinned.
“Yeah. I reveal my final face down card `Diffusion Wave Motion', and pay 1000 Life Points to have the Dark Magician attack every monster you have. Dark Magician, Dark Magic Attack!” The purple Spellcaster and Mana shared a glance as the mage swung his staff, releasing a beam of black magic. The attack washed over the Mystical Shine Balls and Pluto, destroying them in an instant. The Dark Magician rose his staff to attack Mana. “Stop.” Yugi whispered. The Dark Magician lowered his staff and turned to see Yugi shake his head. “Her monsters were in attack mode. You don't need to.” Téa smiled as Mana's hologram disintegrated.
 
-Téa: 0000, Yugi: 900
 
Yugi turned off his Duel Disk and jogged up to meet Téa in front of the Millennium Puzzle. Téa fell to her knees and embraced the little duelist eagerly.
“You did great Téa.” Yugi whispered. Téa nodded.
“You too.” She replied.
“I told you. Yugi-boy always has a trick.” Pegasus whispered to himself. A loud rumbling fill the cavern, and Yugi and Téa parted. The Eye of Anubis on the wall behind the Millennium Puzzle glowed white, and the wall parted, sliding apart. Téa stood upright as the doors to the spirit world creaked open. She gulped.
“So, uh…I guess that's my cue.” He chuckled. Ishizu stepped up behind her.
“Because your body is living, it should act as an anchor of sorts to keep you alive and tethered to this world.” She said. Téa whirled around.
“What?!?” She yelled. “It should? You mean you aren't sure?” Malik shook his head behind his sister.
“No, we aren't. But Téa, if it is truly your destiny to defeat Rochelle, then you will prevail.” He said. Téa nodded and knelt down to hug Yugi again.
“If I don't come back…I want you to know…” She started.
“What say you tell me when you come back.” Yugi interrupted. Téa stood up and smiled.
“Deal.” She said. She turned to stare at the white vortex. “If this is really my destiny…I have to do this.” She whispered to herself. Téa walked forward to the wall and took a deep breath. She took several steps forward and vanished into the abyss. Behind her, the stone walls groaned and slid closed with a deep thud.
 
To dispel any confusion over Mana, she can be Fusion Summoned by a Fusion of DMG with ANY Light monster. Hence why Téa has fused her with different monsters all the time.
 
1: For your Inuyasha fans, picture the Wind Scar/ Kaze-no-Kizu