Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Mirror Mirror ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
I dunno about you, but this duel has been my fav to write so far. I'm not sure how the Rochelle/Téa Round 4 climax will work out, but if I can make it like this one, it'll be a doozy.
 
Chapter 10
 
Mirror Mirror
 
“Well?” Dark Téa sneered, turning her attention back Téa. “Unless you want to see Skull Knight's blade up close and personal, I'd summon a monster.” Téa was shaking. This was impossible.
“You…” She whimpered. “You're disgusting!” She yelled. “You're not me, and my friends would never root for someone like you! You're just some sort of twisted, evil clone!”
“Are you sure?” Dark Téa shot back, raising an eyebrow. “Maybe I'm Téa, you're some goody-goody two-shoes clone of me, ever think of that? Maybe I'm the real thing, and you're the fake.”
“You're lying!” Téa cried out.
“Am I? Prove me wrong!” Dark Téa challenged. “Go ahead little girl, prove to me right here and now that I don't exist.”
“I'll prove it by beating you.” Téa growled. “I don't know what you are or what this place is, but I know that it isn't real. So quit trying to mess to my head! I'll set one card face-down, and a monster in defense.”
“Excellent. My move. And time to enhance my lovely Skull Knight with the Magic card `Sword of Dark Destruction'!” Skull Knight's sword glowed and turned dark purple, crackling with power. “Now Skull Knight, crush her defense!” Skull Knight (3845, 2725) charged and sliced Téa's `Orion the Battle King' (1800, 1500) into pieces. “Set `em up, and I'll slice `em into itty bitty pieces!” Dark Téa laughed. “Your turn. Please, throw down another lame-ass Fairy for my Skull Knight to frappe.” Téa drew.
“Ah man…I can't use any of these cards.” She whispered. She could only defend for so long. Sooner of later, she'd run out of monsters. And while that Dark King of the Abyss was weak enough to attack, she'd still be wide open for Skull Knight's attack. “I'll set a monster in defense.” She said.
“See? A rule of thumb, little one.” Dark Téa said, drawing. “No copy is as good as the original. So again, if I'm better than you, who's the copy here?”
“I'm not falling for that!” Téa yelled.
“Falling for what, the truth? I'm the real Téa here, I'm not sure what you are.” Dark Téa sneered. “Just admit defeat already, you know you can't win. And now, my next card `Darkness Approaches'!” A cloud of black mist spewed out from behind Dark Téa. Téa looked around as the mist covered the arena, blocking Yugi, Joey, Tristan and Pegasus from view. Téa shivered. This place had Shadow Realm written all over it.
“As long as this card remains in play, all of my monsters are covered in an impenetrable cloak of night.” Dark Téa laughed, covered in shadow. “This powerful night can only be penetrated by a few key cards, and I'm sure you have none of them in your lame deck! Face it, I'm the real Téa, the Téa of Darkness! You're just a Light clone! You're the Light to my Shadow, a mirror image!” Téa gasped. Mirror…
“Wait a minute…” She whispered. “That's it!” She shouted triumphantly. She pointed at Dark Téa. “I know you're not real now, and I can prove it!”
“Oh? Then go right ahead!” Dark Téa offered. Téa took off one of her bracelets and chucked it at Dark Téa. Just as it crossed to her side of the field, it hit something and bounced. Téa grinned as an invisible barrier rippled across the field. Running between her and Dark Téa…was a giant mirror!
“Pegasus told me all about the Legendary Demons, and how no one with darkness in their hearts can use them properly! And the same goes for the God cards.” Téa explained. “This is the trial Ishizu warned me about! You're just my reflection, a mirror image of my own darkness! You are me! You're my own shadow!” Dark Téa stifled her laughter for a moment, then let it out.
“What do you know, you aren't as dumb as you act!” Dark Téa chuckled.
“You're my own inner darkness, which I have to crush to prove I'm not ruled by evil, and that I can use the God cards.” Téa said, sure of it now.
“Well well, ya got me.” Dark Téa admitted, holding up her hands. “But try to see it from my point of view, Téa. You're a good person, but when you get right down to it, everyone has even the tiniest touch of darkness buried inside of them. And that's where people like me are born. And I'm afraid there's much more to this duel than just proving you can use the Gods cards.”
“What?” Téa asked.
“You've kept me cooped up inside your heart for years, and now that you've let me out, I'm not going to just lie down and go to sleep again! My darkness will consume you! You'll be sealed inside, while the real you is finally free to live. Dark Téa will be the lone Téa!” Dark Téa laughed.
“Get a life, you psycho.” Téa snapped.
“Once I crush you and overwhelm your heart in darkness, I will have a life; yours! As for my sanity, blame yourself. You said it yourself, I'm just your reflection.” Dark Téa pointed out. “Now then, back to the duel. I summon `Claw Reacher' (1000, 700).” The cloaked Fiend stretched its long arms as the Moonlight powered it up (1300, 910). “Skull Knight, attack with Skeleton Sword!” The sword sliced through the air, cutting into Téa's monster. `Skelengel' (900, 400) vanished in a puff of smoke.
“Skelengel's effect lets me draw another card.” Téa said.
“Big deal.” Dark Téa groaned, rolling her eyes. “C'mon, just give up. Look, you've always been persistent, but that's not always a good thing ya know. You've only got 15 Life Points. Why bother?”
“It's human nature.” Téa said, shaking her head. “I won't lie. I may not win, that's a real chance. But there is a slim chance that I'll win, and that's all I need. The hope for that once little chance.”
“Hope.” Dark Téa sneered. “What a pathetic delusion. There is no hope.”
“There's always hope if you believe, and I do.” Téa countered. She lowered her head and placed a hand over her heart. “I won't lie to you, I'm scared. I'm scared I'll lose, and lose my body to you. I'm scared I'll win, but I'll lose to Rochelle. I'm scared because I'm all alone here, and there's no one to help me. But being scared doesn't mean giving into the fear. It's alright to be scared, everyone is. But what matters is that you have courage and go on in spite of that. I know Yugi and my friends aren't here, but if they were, I know they'd want me to win. Joey would be laughing at you every time I made a good move, Tristan would be cheering me on to do my best, and Yugi would tell me to believe in myself, and in my cards.”
“Oh shut up, I'm gagging here!” Dark Téa yelled.
“I'm not even half done! You may control the darkness, but I have the power of light on my side, and that's a power you'll never understand!” Téa drew.
“And now, this is finished. I summon the monster that will bring you down. Come forth `Dark Magician Girl' (2000, 1700)!” The blonde mage rose onto the field.
“What?!?” Dark Téa shrieked. “Your deck doesn't have that card!”
“Well it appears that you're wrong.” Téa said. “Now I play `Spell of Sanctity', so we both draw until we have 6 cards in our hands.” Téa drew her cards.
“Have you forgotten about my Darkness Approaches?” Dark Téa asked. “It keeps my Field Spell on my monsters only, and prevents you from attacking them. Even if your mage was powerful enough to take down my monster- which she isn't- she can't attack anyway!”
“Not yet.” Téa said with a smile. “But I've drawn the card to change that. I've seen duelists like you who hide the shadows, and you're all the same- powerful in darkness, cowards in light! Now I play my final card `Shining Soul Sword'!”
“Shining Soul Sword?” Dark Téa gasped.
“Now for every LIGHT monster I remove from play in my hand, my Dark Magician Girl will absorb its power. Then once I end my turn, I'll take damage equal to her attack.” Téa explained.
“Oh please, you're killing yourself now!” Dark Téa said.
“Maybe, but before that happens, my Dark Magician Girl will absorb the power of all the monsters I remove. And in case you've forgotten, I have a face-down card.” Téa reminded her.
“Huh?” Dark Téa cried, blinking.
“Activate `Beckoning Light'!” Téa commanded. “First, I have to discard my hand. Then I can return a LIGHT monster in my Graveyard to my hand for every card I discarded. And I'm discarding five cards.” Dark Téa gasped as Téa retrieved 5 monsters. “Now then, go Shining Soul Sword! First, I remove Fairy's Gift (1400). Next, my Dark Witch (1800). Followed by Orion the Battle King (1800), Shining Friendship (1300), and Tenderness (700)!” A sword appeared hovering above Dark Magician Girl. “And now Dark Magician Girl, grab the Shining Soul Sword, and illuminate her field!” The second Dark Magician Girl grabbed the sword, it burst into an array of blinding light. Dark Téa screamed and spun around, covering her eyes as the light blinded her. “And now that your darkness is gone, I can attack with Dark Magician Girl. And thanks to Shining Soul Sword, she's absorbed the power of every removed Fairy!” Dark Magician Girl (9000, 1700) twirled the sword. Dark Téa spun around, shielding her eyes from the light of the weapon.
“It still doesn't matter!” She yelled. “Even if you beat me, you STILL can't destroy me! The darkness in your heart will endure, it will never die! You'll never be rid of me forever! The darkness will always endure!” Téa smirked.
“Well somehow I'll find the strength to live with that.” She replied. “In the meantime, I plan to shatter you, and rend your darkness!” Téa flung back her hand and pointed at Dark Téa. “It's time to show you the power of Light!” As Téa said those words, a faint golden glow came from her forehead. Dark Téa gasped and stepped back as the Eye of Anubis glowed on Téa's forehead.
“No…it can't be!” She cried. Téa narrowed her eyes.
“Dark Magician Girl, Shining Soul Sword! Destroy her monsters and bring an end to her darkness!” Dark Magician Girl swung the shining sword, sending a wave of energy across the field. Dare Téa screamed in horror as all of her monsters were swept away in the white-hot beam of energy, before it hit her. Her body began to crack, white light shining from the cracks. She doubled over and clutched her arms as she began to shake. The light shining from within her body glowed even brighter. Finally, she threw back her head.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” With a final scream, Dark Téa exploded in a burst of white light. The mirror on the field cracked and shattered, falling away to reveal a normal mirror, reflecting normal Téa. Téa smiled.
“I win.” She whispered.
“Indeed you have.” Her reflection replied, bowing. Téa jumped.
“Ah! Not again!” She cried. Her reflection shook her head as the cloud around them began to swirl around.
“No, Téa. I am not your dark side.” She said, walking through the arena to Téa. As she approached the giant mirror, she walked clean through it. As she did so, her blue T-shirt and shorts transformed into a long, flowing gown weaved from light blue silk. Her light brown hair grew down to her middle back. Golden gauntlets appeared on her shoulders, and 3 thin gold chains wound around her neck. The arena and the darkness dissolved into a large, dark room. The ceiling stretched up impossibly high, the walls lined with carvings of Duel Monsters.
“I remember you!” Téa cried, recalling her first duel with Rochelle. “You're Teana, right?” Teana nodded.
“I am, and I have been waiting for you Téa.” Teana held her arms out to the side. “The time has come for you, just as it did for Yugi long ago. Now it is time for you to face your destiny.”