Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ The Age-Old Battle ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Chapter 11
 
The Age-Old Battle
 
“I'm assuming you have a few questions for me, don't you?” Teana asked with a hint of a smile. Téa nodded.
“Yeah. What's going on with you? Who are you?” Teana chuckled, then her expression turned serious.
“I was 5000 years ago. Zorc the Dark One had ravaged the land, destroyed the peoples of Egypt, and brought ruin to the land. When the Pharaoh Yami was forced to seal himself inside the Millennium Puzzle with Zorc, he appointed a new Pharaoh. That Pharaoh was his cousin Seth. And a new High Priest was needed in Seth's steed. Or rather, a new High Priestess.”
“You.” Téa reasoned.
“Yes. I was appointed to the head of the Temple, safeguarding all the Kaa we had captured from the dark hearts of the people.” Teana looked up at the endless walls of carvings. “But there would soon arise a second darkness, just as great as the first. And it arrived in the form of the thief Barakhan (1). I believe you would know him best as an ancient spirit who frequently took control of your friend Bakura.”
“The spirit of the Millennium Ring?” Téa asked.
“Barakhan was enraged that his plan to call forth Zorc had been foiled. When he escaped, he plotted to destroy us without the dark god. And that is where…she, came in.”
“She?” Téa asked. Teana hung her head.
“A young woman from the village became a servant girl at the palace. She had witnessed the powers of the Kaa used to combat Zorc, and wished herself power equal to that of myself or Seth. She was particularly jealous of me. As High Priestess, I had access to many powerful Kaa. Her jealousy grew in intensity as she watched Seth and I train, and eventually, it affected her Kaa. Her Kaa transformed into a creature of absolute evil, that would eventually become known as the Dark Necrofear. This woman was named Roslyn.” Téa gasped.
“Roslyn?” She whispered, making the subtle connection. “Oh my god…”
“Roslyn's lust for power made her a perfect target for Barakhan, who had devised an equally devious plan to destroy the kingdom. It involved the powers of his Kaa, Diabound. Diabound had previously fought and defeated all the Egyptian God monsters, and absorbed their power. This power was growing inside of Diabound, into something sinister. The Gods were having their power twisted by Barakhan's dark soul.”
“The Legendary Demons were born from that dark union.” Teana growled, looking up. “However, his status as an outlaw known throughout Egypt, Barakhan was a hunted man, and could never hope to get near myself or Seth. That is where Roslyn came in. He gave the Kaa of the Legendary Demons to her, and she used them to attack me. I managed to wrestle control of them from her, and Roslyn was forever scorned by Seth and the court. She was imprisoned for a time, but upon her release, she resumed our rivalry.”
“Roslyn used the powers of her Kaa, the Dark Necrofear, to turn Raviel against me. In the end, Uria and Hamon combined were barely a match for Raviel. All of them were destroyed. Roslyn was to be put to death, but she fled the kingdom, in the company of Barakhan.” Teana smiled slightly.
“That age-old battle is playing out again. Just as Roslyn and I fought for the Demons so long ago, now so do Rochelle and you.” Téa held up her hands.
“Hold on here.” She said. “So…Rochelle is this Roslyn's reincarnation?”
“Yes, just like Yugi was Yami's.” Teana replied
“So if the battle between you and Roslyn is happening again…and Rochelle is Roslyn's reincarnation…then that would make me…” Téa's eyes widened. Teana shrugged innocently and held up her hands.
“Cosmic, huh?” She asked with a smile. Téa rubbed her temples.
“Okay, this is getting way over me head. Can we just rewind time 3 days to before I dueled Kaiba, and avoid all this?”
“Destiny cannot be avoided Téa.” Teana said, shaking her head. “Just as Yugi, Bakura and Seto were destined to clash once again, so too were you and Rochelle. It cannot be changed.”
“Check, no rewind.” Téa muttered. “So…what now?”
“Though she lies dormant, I fear Rochelle's soul still hides Roslyn's spirit deep inside her.” Teana murmured. “And her actions are placing all of us in grave danger. Ever duel she wins using the Demons gives them more and more energy. If they were to become truly powerful, they may yet break the barrier and become real. Or worse, Roslyn might awaken again. If Rochelle keeps the Demons, she will surely doom herself, and others.”
“Yeah, I remember that part. That's why I'm here. Pegasus says only the Egyptian God cards can defeat the Legendary Demons.”
“And he is correct.” Teana said. “And now Téa, you must wield them to stop the Demons.”
“WHA!” Téa shrieked. “I have to use the God cards?!?”
“Well…yeah.” Teana said, confused.
“Okay, I'm checking out here. Call Yugi, he has experience dealing with power-obsessed psychos. I can't do this by myself!” Téa protested.
“I agree, but who said you would take this task alone?” Teana asked, stepping forward. She reached up and placed two fingers on Téa's forehead. Téa gasped as the Eye of Anubis glowed on Teana's forehead. “Téa, I once safeguarded and sealed the Demons. And if I must, I shall do it again. With you.” Teana lowered her hand and picked up Téa's handed, clasping them in her own. “Together, we shall bring down Rochelle and Roslyn once again!” A soft glowed spread throughout Téa's body. Téa closed her eyes and let out a breath as Teana dissolved into a soft light. “Come.” Teana said, her voice echoing. “The time has come.”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Okay, let me get dis straight.” Joey said. The gang was riding across the desert back towards Cairo to head back to Domino. This time, they had an extra passenger. Luckily, she didn't take up much room.
<This is so weird.> Téa muttered inside her head.
<I am only using your body so I may commute with your friend.> Teana defended, the Eye of Anubis glowing on her forehead. Téa had discovered on the way back that Teana wasn't kidding when she had said they would battle Rochelle together. It was super-freaky sitting- so to speak- inside your own head while someone else controlled your body. Téa wondered how had Yugi dealt with it when Yami had been around.
“So, you're an ancient Priestess who was supposed ta guard the Legendary Demons.” Joey started. “And Rochelle is the reincarnation of an old rival who wanted control of them.”
“That's correct. After 5000 years, our battle plays out once again.” Teana confirmed. Joey thought for a moment, then shook his head.
“Nope, I'm still confused.” He said. Teana giggled.
“You're quite funny. Joey is it?” She asked.
“Yeah, he's good for laugh.” Tristan agreed. “Just wait until he starts acting stupid.”
“Wha? Whadda ya mean acting stupid?” Joey demanded.
“I mean that there.” Tristan pointed out. Yugi looked up at Teana.
“Is Téa still there?” He asked. Teana looked down at him and nodded.
“She is here, and she is safe, Yugi. She is merely unaccustomed to the idea of sharing a body with another.”
“So she can still hear me?” Yugi asked.
“Yes, but she cannot reply.” Teana explained. Yugi nodded.
“Téa…do you really think you can handle the God cards?” He asked. Teana and Téa both looked down at her Duel Disk. Teana had made good on her word, and assured Téa that somewhere in her deck, the God Cards slept. However, she had requested that Téa only use them against Rochelle, and Téa had agreed. The God Cards were too powerful to be used frivolously.
“She is unsure.” Teana said, translating Téa's feelings and thoughts. “But despite her hesitation, I am sure she can control them. She has power Yugi, even if she sometimes seems to think otherwise.”
“She does.” Pegasus confirmed. “Although I would prefer it is the risk was not needed altogether, I am sure Téa has the heart to use the Gods properly.”
“Good. I don't want her to use them and get hurt.” Yugi explained, his voice full of concern. Teana smiled. “Can…can you put Téa back in control?” Yugi asked. Teana nodded.
“As you wish…” She murmured. The Eye of Anubis vanished from Teana's forehead.
“Téa?” Yugi asked.
“Yeah, it's me.” Téa replied.
“I was just wondering…what was the trial you had to go through to earn the God cards?” Téa closed her eyes. Dark Téa…was that sinister witch really the embodiment of her own dark side? Was that just some trick created by an other-worldly power? Or was Dark Téa telling the truth…did Téa really have a dark side, hidden inside her? Was that thing really an alternate part of her? Deep down, was she really just like Dark Téa?
“Téa?” Yugi asked.
“I saw something, Yugi.” Téa said, opening her eyes. “You know, we don't always have to be the people we are. A few different choices here and there in our lives…we could be completely different people.”
“Huh?” Yugi asked, confused. “What do you mean?” Téa hung her head, her bangs covering her eyes.
“I mean…I'm glad I turned out the way I have…given the alternative.” Téa let the matter rest, although Yugi was still staring at her. It was probably just her imagination, but as the truck drove through the desert, Téa could have sworn she heard Dark Téa cackle.
 
1: Thief King Bakura. They never actually say his name. True, people call him Bakura, but then, people also use Yugi when they talk to Yami. So…yeah, I use the AWESOME AUTHOR POWER (lightning crackles in the background, ground shakes, thunder roars) to give him a name.
 
My next story…is a big one!
 
Legend of the Dragon Lord
 
A Mega-Crossover of Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh and Inuyasha, in that order.
 
1000 years ago, a powerful sorcerer known as the Dragon Lord nearly conquered the world. However, a brave warrior of unknown name sealed him away. The Dragon Lord's soul was sealed in a red gemstone, and his powers in a green jade amulet, both a half of an amulet the Dragon Lord wore. According to myth, if the two parts should be reunited, the Dragon Lord would be reborn. The two parts were scattered across the world, and this is how they should have remained, forever out of the other's reach. Unfortunately, fate has other ideas…