Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Clash of Champions ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Chapter 12
 
Clash of Champions
 
Téa tossed on her sleeveless, light-blue shirt. She put on a white leather jacket and clipped her white miniskirt into place. She shook her hair out from the bun she had wrapped it in for her shower, and slipped on her Duel Disk. Téa picked up her dueling deck and slipped it in the disk.
“Ready Teana?” Téa asked aloud.
-I was reincarnated ready.- Teana joked. Téa nodded and walked down the stairs. Yugi, Joey and Tristan were waiting. It was a few hours after their plane back from Egypt had landed. Téa knew it was late afternoon, but she was ready to duel, and duel now.
“I checked it out. Rochelle is still at KaibaLand.” Tristan informed her. Téa nodded.
“Right. You ready to go?” She asked.
“You mean ready to stomp the psycho of the week with some freaky-cool cards?” Joey said. “It'll be just like old times!” Téa smiled.
“You got it. Let's go.” She said pulling open the door. The gang had walked onto the sidewalk when a limo pulled up in front of the house. The back door opened, and Seto Kaiba stepped in front of them.
“You.” He said quietly, looking Téa in the eye. “You're headed to KaibaLand.” He said.
“Yeah, Rochelle is there.” Téa replied. What was Kaiba doing?
“I got your message. You have the God cards?” Kaiba asked. Téa nodded. “Hm…hop in.” Kaiba said, sitting back down in the limo. Téa gave him an odd look. “Or, if you'd prefer to walk.” Kaiba said. Téa nodded and climbed in the seat opposite him.
“Hey, limo ride!” Joey cheered as Yugi and Tristan climbed in. Joey followed them.
“Sorry Joey, no room.” Yugi said, gesturing to the full seat across from Kaiba. Joey groaned and reluctantly sat next to Kaiba, shuffling as far away from him as he could. Kaiba closed the door, and the limo started down the street.
“You know.” Kaiba muttered, looking at Téa. “When I said `hop in', I meant you, not them.” Téa rolled her eyes.
“You are so mean Kaiba!” Joey complained, putting a hand on his shoulder. “C'mon, loosen up! Be a pal for once!”
“The next time that hand touches me, I break it.” Kaiba growled, glaring at Joey. Joey pulled back his hand.
“Yeesh, touchy touchy.”
“So I suppose you're here to make sure I give you your rematch?” Téa asked.
“The idea has crossed my mind.” Kaiba said quietly. Téa looked at him closely. An odd look had come into his eyes when she had mentioned his rematch. It almost looked…nostalgic. Which was totally unlike the Kaiba she knew. Téa let the matter rest as the five sped towards KaibaLand, and Rochelle.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“We're here. Out.” Kaiba muttered, stepping out. Téa and the gang followed him.
“Rochelle is in the arena over there, Dueling Stage 3.” Tristan said, pointing. Téa nodded and jogged towards the arena.
“Right. Rochelle, you're going…” Téa was cut off as two figures jumped in front of her, surprising her and knocking her to the ground. “Hey!” Téa cried angrily. The two figures both wore long cloaks with hoods. One of them wore a red cloak, the other a blue cloak.
“You seek a duel with our mistress?” the red cloak asked. The voice was male.
“If you do, we cannot let you pass.” Said the blue cloak in a female voice.
“Who are you?” Yugi asked, as the gang stepped up behind Téa.
“They are my pupils.” The gang turned to see a young boy standing behind them. The boy chuckled and pushed his glasses up. “If you are here to duel Ms. Harris, I am afraid that cannot happen. You see, we give our skills to talented duelists, and Ms. Harris is our newest client. Consider us a grate, through which only those who can defeat us can pass.”
“So I have to duel all three of you?” Téa asked, reaching to turn on her Duel Disk.
“You will me, yes. Provided you can defeat my pupils in a two-on-one match.” The boy explained.
“Two on one?” Téa said.
“Count me in as a team mate, and you've got a deal.” Yugi said. The boy looked at him.
“Ah, Yugi Muto…how foolish of me, I should have known a duelist of Téa's caliber would have some connection to you. Very well, you may tag. But tag or not, you will still lose. Few beat my pupils. We have been here all day, and no one has defeated us.” The boy stepped off to the sidelines as the cloaked figures backed up, turning on their Duel Disks.
-We have to overcome them to find Rochelle.- Teana said. Téa nodded.
“Right.” She said. The boy nodded to the duelists in the cloaks.
“Destroy them.” He ordered. The two nodded as Yugi drew his first card.
“I'll start off with one card face-down, and I summon `Silent Swordsman Lv3' (1000, 1000). That's all for now.” The red cloak nodded.
“Very well. Your destruction begins. I summon `UFO Turtle' (1400, 1200) in attack mode. I also place a card facedown. Now it is her turn.” He said, lowering his Duel Disk.
“I know.” Téa said, drawing. “I'll summon `Thunder Nyan Nyan' (1900, 900), and play a card facedown. That's all for now.”
“Good.” The blue cloak said. “I summon `Mother Grizzly'(1400, 1000). Mother Grizzly, attack the UFO Turtle!” The large bear roared and stomped across the field to ram a giant paw into the metal shell of the turtle. The shell exploded, destroying both mother.
“What's she doin'?” Joey asked. “She just attacked her teammate's monster!” The boy just chuckled.
“When UFO Turtle is destroyed in battle, I can Special Summon any FIRE monster from my deck with 1500 points. And I summon `Solar Flare Dragon' (1500, 1000).” A long dragon flew overhead, flames running along its body.
“And I also am able to Special Summon a monster, by the effect of Mother Grizzly.” Said the blue cloak. “So I play `Amphibious Bugroth MK3' (1500, 1300).” Yugi frowned.
“Something seems familiar about this…” He thought. Both of them had comebacks ready right off the bat.
“I set one card and end my turn.” Blue cloak said. Yugi drew.
“I evolve my monster into `Silent Swordsman Lv5' (2300, 1000). Next, I set a monster in defense mode. Silent Swordsman, attack Solar Flare Dragon!” The warrior raised his sword and charged down the battle field.
“Activate Trap.” The red cloak said, pushing a button on his Duel Disk. Green lines of energy shot up from the field, wrapping around the Silent Swordsman. His sword clanged to the ground as the warrior was pulled down.
“What was that?” Téa asked.
“The attack triggered the Trap card `Gravity Bind', which creates a force so powerful, no monster with 4 or more stars can attack.” The blue cloak explained, giggling. “Too bad.”
“Maybe, but that Trap card effects your monsters too!” Yugi pointed out. Red cloak nodded and drew.
“Perhaps. But there are ways around such trivial things like a lone Trap. I remove UFO Turtle from play to play `Inferno' (1100, 1900) in defense mode.” A plume of flame shot onto the field, dispersing into a giant flame with glowing red eyes. “And I end my turn by activating Solar Flare Dragon's special ability.” The red dragon roared and fired a jet of flame at Téa. Téa screamed and fell backwards.
“Téa!” Yugi shouted.
 
-Téa: 7500, Yugi: 8000, Red Cloak: 8000, Blue Cloak: 8000-
 
“Every time I end my turn, my dragon automatically drains 500 Life Points from you.” The red cloak explained. “Like I said, my Trap means nothing to me, as I can simply wait until my monster burns away your points like wood.” Téa drew.
“Maybe, but that Trap won't be around forever!” She countered. “I play `Mystical Space Typhoon', to destroy your Trap!” A large whirlwind flew out from Téa's Duel Disk. The tornado whirled forward, and suddenly, reversed course! Téa gasped as the typhoon wrapped around Yugi's Silent Swordsman, flinging it into the air, where it exploded.
 
-Téa: 7500, Yugi: 5700, Red Cloak: 8000, Blue Cloak: 8000-
 
“All I have to do is discard a card, and my Trap `Judgement of Anubis' will cancel out that pathetic Spell.” Called the blue cloak. “It also lets me destroy any monster on the field, and inflict that monster's attack as damage to the owner's Life Points.” Téa growled.
“Then I'll set a monster in defense mode and end my turn.” She said. Blue cloak chuckled.
“Good, very good. Then I play the Spell card `A Legendary Ocean'.” A large blue tidal wave erupted from her Disk, covering the field. “Next, I summon `Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness'. (2100, 1200) ” A large whale popped up from the blue waves, several metal artillery cannons and missile-launchers on its back.
“Hold on!” Yugi yelled. “That's a 5-Star monster, so you need a sacrifice to summon it!”
“Normally.” Blue cloak said. “But my Field card reduces the level of all WATER monsters by 1, all while increasing their stats by 200. And with that in mind, my Amphibious Bugroth is now a 3-Star monster, allowing it to slip under my partner's Gravity Bind. Bugroth, attack Téa's Life Points directly!” The mechanical monster (1700, 1500) fired its twin rockets and dove underwater. It jetted behind Téa and unleashed a barrage of rockets at her.
 
-Téa: 5800, Yugi: 5700, Red Cloak: 8000, Blue Cloak: 8000
 
“I addition to the power bonus it gives, my Field also counts as `Umi'. And as long as the field is covered in the waves of my ocean, my Amphibious Bugroth can attack directly. I'll end my turn there.” Yugi narrowed his eyes.
“Gravity Bind, A Legendary Ocean…normally those cards would mean a disadvantage for a teammate. Those two have always had a perfect counter. But they haven't talked to each other once. So either they're just getting lucky, or…” Yugi gasped as he figured out where he had seen these decks before.
“Or they know each other's strategies so well they don't need to talk to strategize!” Yugi yelled. “Téa, we've gotta be careful!”
“Huh? Why Yugi?” Téa asked, looking at her friend.
“Because I think I know who these two are.” Yugi said. The two cloaked duelists laughed.
“So you figured us out? It's about time!” The red cloak chortled.
“But it's too little too late, we'll still win!” The blue cloak chuckled. The two reached up and flung their cloaks into the air.
The boy wearing the red cloak was clothed in a red T-shirt that had the sleeves ripped off. He also had on a pair of flaming red shorts. His hair was bright red and down to his middle-back. Under the blue cloak was a stunning beautiful young girl, wearing a blue kimono wrapped tightly around herself, her silky blue hair falling to her waist.
“We may be unmasked.” The boy sneered, his brown eyes sparking.
“But in the end, victory will be ours nonetheless!” The girl finished, winking a blue eye.
“I knew it.” Yugi muttered.
“Who are they?” Téa asked. Yugi looked up at her.
“Yumiko Hurricai and Erek Blaaze.” He said. “Recently ranked the Number 1 tag-duelists in Japan.”