Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Fire and Ice ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
I realize that, right now, Yugi and Téa are doing lousy. But then, considering how their last 2 pairs of opponents fared, isn't it a nice change of pace for our heroes to duel competent opponents?
 
On a note, Erek's deck is a tribute to a friend of mine. He too uses a Fire deck that relies on removing cards from play, combined with Burn and Lockdown strategies. All the cards Erek have used have been in my friend's deck at some point. Luckily, Kerry (my friend) isn't as cocky and annoying as Erek.
 
Chapter 13
 
Fire and Ice
 
“Tag-duelist champs? Dat's not fair!” Joey protested.
“I beg to differ, my young and idiotic friend. They took the challenge of their own free will.” The boy chuckled.
“Young? You're only my age!” Joey replied.
“Champions we are, and winners we shall be.” Erek declared.
“My dear partner speaks the truth. Now Muto, make your move.” Yumiko ordered. Yugi narrowed his eyes.
“I will. I play `Swords of Revealing Light', and summon `Chaos Blader Lv4' (0000, 0000). I'll set a card and end my turn.” Yugi's newest monster, a tiny little man in oversized red robes, kneeled on the field, a tiny black dagger in his hand.
“Chaos Blader?” Erek scoffed. “Pitiful. I play `Ultimate Baseball Kid' (500, 1500). My new monster gains an extra 1000 attack points for all FIRE monsters. And I count 2, boosting him to 2500 points.”
“Yugi's swords still prevent him from attacking.” Téa reminded Erek.
“Silly girl, we know that.” Yumiko muttered.
“We do. Ultimate Baseball Kid, activate your Special Ability! By Tributing other FIRE monsters, my monster can hit them straight at your Life Points!” Ultimate Baseball Kid drew back its bat and hopped behind Inferno, twisting back its baseball cap. “Batter up!” Erek yelled. The monster swung, and Inferno flew forward, slamming into Yugi.
“I could also swing my Solar Flare Dragon…” Erek mused. “But he'll do damage without being launched. So I'll end my turn by having him wipe out more of Téa's Life Points.” Another fireball hit Téa, causing her to cringe as she drew.
 
-Téa: 5300, Yugi: 5200, Erek: 8000, Yumiko: 8000-
 
“Isn't this marvelous?” The boy laughed. “The King and Queen of Games can do nothing but wait while my pupils slowly but surely drain their Life Points.”
“Yugi and Téa will kick da snot outta your pupils!” Joey snapped.
“Darn right Joey!” Téa yelled. “I summon `The Agent of Creation- Venus' (1600, 0000), and end my turn.”
“Good.” Yumiko said. “I play `Javelin Spike Jellyfish' (1000, 1000).” A large pink squid appeared in front of her, a giant metal point emerging from its head. “And my new creature has a dual use.” Yumiko explained. “He doubles as ammo for my Ocra's many, many weapons!” The squid jumped up onto the back of Yumiko's whale, and lodged itself into a cannon. “I offer my monster as Tribute to blast it directly at Téa's Life Points!” The cannon fired, and the squid jetted across the field, slamming into Téa.
 
-Téa: 4300, Yugi: 5200, Erek: 8000, Yumiko: 8000-
 
“They've blasted away half our points, and they haven't taken a scratch.” Téa growled. Yugi nodded and drew.
“Maybe, but I have a plan.” He said. “I summon `Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv4' (1600, 1000). And next I activate `Share the Pain'. This forces me to offer my Horus as Tribute, but then I can force Yumiko to Tribute one of her monsters.” Yumiko pouted.
“Aw…that's mean. How dare you treat a lady so harshly.” She muttered. “Okay, I'll give up my Bugroth.” The machine beeped and exploded.
“Right. I end my turn.” Yugi said with a slight smile. That's 5. I just need two more…” he thought.
“I draw, and summon `Blazing Impachi' (1800, 0000).” A large flaming tree appeared on Erek's field, the number `13' blazing on its chest. “And I'll tribute my Impachi to blast away 500 of Yugi's points.” The flaming tree was hit forward, and Yugi fell back from the blast. “I'll set a card, and do 500 more damage to you by ending my turn with Solar Flare Dragon.” Erek finished.
 
-Téa: 4300, Yugi: 4200, Erek: 8000, Yumiko: 8000
 
“My move.” Téa said. I sacrifice Venus to summon `Airknight Parshath' (1900, 1400).” A large, winged centaur flapped onto Téa's field, holding a glowing bow and arrow set. “I'll set a card and end my turn.” Yumiko drew, and smiled.
“I summon `Cannonball Spear Shellfish' (1000, 1000), and activate its power to blast away any Spell and Trap on the field. And I'll blast Yugi's Swords of Revealing Light!” The shelled fish fired from atop the whale, and hit the glowing barrier Yugi's swords had formed. “Bye bye!” Yumiko laughed, blowing Yugi a kiss. The barrier shone and exploded. “And that's all.” Yumiko said. Yugi smiled.
“Thank you.” He said.
“Huh?” Yumiko asked.
“By doing that, you've walked right into a trap.” Yugi said.
“A trap?” Erek gasped. “You lie, no face-down card can save you!” Yugi nodded.
“For champs, you seem to know very little about the game. See, to paraphrase an old saying, there's more than one way to set a Trap. And the trap you've set off isn't even a face-down card, it's staring you in the face, on my field in attack mode!” Yumiko and Erek gasped as the Chaos Blader began to glow white.
“Chaos Blader, activate!” He yelled. The tiny swordsman suddenly burst into an array of light. “Since you've Tributed 5 monsters, Chaos Blader's effect activates. Now he evolves into one of my most powerful monsters!” Yugi explained. The light dispersed to reveal a new creature. Chaos Blader now stood 7 feet tall with red robes that flowed regally to his feet. And his little dagger was now a long, glowing broadsword.
“Behold! `Chaos Blader Lv10' (3000, 0000)!” Yugi yelled. Erek and Yumiko gasped.
“Next, I play `Sword of Runes'!” Yugi said. The glowing sword in Chaos Blader's hand glowed as blue lettering appeared on the hilt. “This gives my Blader 500 more attack points, and also turns him into a Spellcaster!” He explained. Téa smiled. She knew what was next. “Finally, I play `Diffusion-Wave Motion', and pay 1000 Life Points to attack all your monsters!” Yugi said.
“Hold on!” Erek protested. “He can't attack, not while I have my Gravity Bind!”
“Wrong.” Yugi corrected. “Chaos Blader's special ability renders him immune to all of your Trap effects, meaning Gravity Bind is useless against him!” Yumiko and Erek gaped.
“Yumiko, do something!” Erek yelled.
“Like what, it's your Trap!” Yumiko protested.
“Chaos Blader, attack with Dark Sword of Chaos!” Yugi commanded. The Chaos Blader let forth a battle cry and slammed its sword into the ground. Blue and red beams of power raced across the field, consuming Erek and Yumiko. Joey pumped his fist.
“YEAH! You show `em Yug!” He shouted.
“Take them down!” Tristan agreed. The boy just narrowed his eyes.
“He'll pay for that.” He growled.
 
-Téa: 4300, Yugi: 3200, Erek: 3000, Yumiko: 6600-
 
“Great job!” Téa yelled. Yugi nodded.
“Yeah, but it's not over yet.” He reminded her. Erek growled and climbed to his feet.
“Alright, now I'm angry.” He sneered. “I remove Ultimate Baseball Kid from play to summon `Spirit of Flames' (1700, 0000) in defense. I'll set this monster and end my turn.” He said. Téa drew.
“I play `Brain Control', and pay 800 points to take control of Yumiko's Orca!” Yumiko gasped as the whale swam over to Téa's field. “Next, I play `Monster Reborn' to revive your Cannonball Spear Shellfish!” The monster appeared, loaded into the Orca's cannon. Yumiko gulped.
“Oh…no.” She whispered. Téa nodded.
“Orca, launch Cannonball Spear Shellfish, and destroy Erek's Gravity Bind!” She yelled. The fish fired, and Erek's Trap card exploded in a blast of fire. “And now, Airknight Parshath, Orca, attack Yumiko directly!” The centaur raised its bow and fired a glowing yellow arrow, while the Orca let loose a barrage of missiles and torpedoes. Yumiko cried out and fell. “I'll set 1 card face-down and end my turn.”
 
-Téa: 3500, Yugi: 3200, Erek: 3000, Yumiko: 3500-
 
“Erek, Yumiko. I'm getting disappointed.” The boy called. Yumiko nodded and drew.
“Don't worry, they'll lose.” She sneered. “Playtime is over. Now my Orca, destroy Airknight Parshath!” The Orca fired its missiles, and the centaur sank beneath the waves.
 
-Téa: 3300, Yugi: 3200, Erek: 3000, Yumiko: 3500-
 
“My move.” Yugi said, drawing. “And I summon `Ultimate Insect Lv3' (1400, 900). Next, I place a card face-down. Now Chaos Blader, destroy the Spirit of Flames!” The knight leapt and sliced the fire monster in two.
“I'll pay you back for that Muto.” Erek sneered, drawing. “I'll set another monster in defense and end my turn.” Téa bit her lip.
“I'll summon `Gemini Elf' (1900, 900). Then I'll set a card and end my turn.” Yumiko sneered.
“I'll just draw and have my Orca wipe out that Elf.” She ordered.
“Not yet!” Téa yelled as the rockets flew towards her. “Activate `Attack Guidance Armor'! I'll use it to redirect your attack towards Yugi's Chaos Blader!” Yumiko gasped as the rockets changed course and zoomed towards Yugi. Chaos Blader swung its sword and sliced the rockets to pieces, sending out a wave of energy. The wave of energy hit Yumiko's Orca, and with a cry of agony, the artillery on its back exploded.
 
-Téa: 3300, Yugi: 3200, Erek: 3000, Yumiko: 2300-
 
“Okay Yugi, take it!” Téa shouted. Yugi nodded and drew.
“Right. I evolve my monster into `Ultimate Insect Lv5' (2300, 900). Then I'll set one card face-down. And before I end my turn, Chaos Blader, attack Yumiko directly!” Yumiko stepped back as Chaos Blader raised its sword.
“Erek!” She cried. Erek shook his head and stared.
“Sorry Yumiko, you're on your own.” He said. Yumiko cringed, and the Chaos Blader's blow hit the mark. Yumiko cried out and was sent flying back.
 
-Téa: 3300, Yugi: 3200, Erek: 3000, Yumiko: 0000-
 
“I…lost…” Yumiko groaned.
“Erek, what was that?” The boy shouted. “You must protect your teammate!”
“Sometimes.” Erek said. “But I have a plan.” He looked at Yumiko and walked over, helping her to her feet. “I'm sorry Yumiko, but don't worry. Your sacrifice shall not be in vain. You see, Yugi.” Erek turned his attention back to Yugi. “Your attack sets off one of the most devastating cards in my entire deck!” Erek sneered and pressed a button on his Duel Disk. “I play `Inferno Tempest'!” A gigantic whirlwind whipped around the field.
“What is that?” Téa shouted over the storm.
“I've heard of that card. It released a long time ago, but Pegasus stopped printing the card because it was too powerful.”
“Right! Erek laughed. “Since you attacked with a monster with over 3000 points, my Inferno Tempest removes from play every monster in our decks, and in our hands.”
“Every monster!” Téa cried. “But we'll have none left! How can we duel with only Spell and Trap cards?”
“Not all monsters are removed.” Erek corrected. “Only the ones in our decks and Graveyards are removed. The monsters in the hands, and on the field, stay safe and in play.”
“Maybe, but you aren't exactly in the best position to play that! You're on the defensive, and you need every monster you can get!” Téa shouted.
“Wrong.” Erek said. “Now it's my turn, and I play the Spell card `Chaos End'! This Spell activates when 7 of my cards have been removed from play, and destroys all the monsters on the field!” A giant earthquake erupted, wiping out the monsters.
“First the deck. Then the Graveyard. And now the field.” Erek chuckled. “I've wiped out your cards one by one. And unless you have any monsters left in your hands, I'd say this duel is done. You see, I have only 1 monster left in my hand. But…” Erek laughed. “This one card is all I need! I summon my most powerful creature `Gren Maju De Eiza' (0000, 0000)!” A red fiend composed of skulls and bones appeared on Erek's field.
“Green moo-joo whata?” Joey said. “I can't even pronounce that!”
“And what's the big deal, it has no attack points!” Tristan added. Kaiba narrowed his eyes.
“I know that card.” He muttered, prompting Joey and Tristan to look at him. “And it's not good. That monster is one of the most powerful Fire cards in the game.”
“Correct, Seto Kaiba!” Erek cheered. “My new monster gains 400 points for every card of mine that's been removed from play.” Yugi and Téa gasped.
“That's why you removed all your cards!” Yugi cried.
“Right. And I know for a fact that there are 26 monsters in my deck. Subtract my Gren Maju De Eiza, and that's 25. And times that by 4!” Gren Maju (10000, 10000) roared as shadows of Erek's monsters appeared behind him, glowing purple.
“10000 points?” Téa exclaimed.
“Yes, and neither of you has any monsters.” Erek reminded. “Now, who to crush first…ah, decisions, decisions…you know Yugi, you did wipe out my partner.” Erek punched the air towards Yugi. “And now it's time to pay you back- in spades! Gren Maju De Eiza, attack Yugi directly with Searing Soul Blaze!” The field summoned a large fireball and threw it across the field.
“No, Yug!” Joey shouted.
“If that hits, he'll be wiped out for sure!” Téa whispered.
“He can't lose!” Kaiba cried.
“He has!” Erek said. “You're finished Yugi! Say goodbye to the King of Games!” Erek roared. Yugi narrowed his eyes and braced for impact as the fireball neared…
 
Can it be!?! If Yugi really going to lose???