Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Miss Us ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Chapter 14
 
Miss Us?
 
The gigantic fireball hit Yugi with a huge explosion. Yugi cried out and was flung back as smoke covered him.
 
-Téa: 3300, Yugi: 0000, Erek: 3000, Yumiko: 0000-
 
“Behold! A tag-team strategy that even the mighty King of Games can't overcome!” Erek cheered. “Now it's just you and me, Téa.” The smoke around Yugi cleared, and a dark form emerged, hovering above the ground.
“Huh?” Yumiko gasped. “Erek!” Erek glared.
“What's going on?” He demanded. The smoke cleared, revealing Yugi climbing to his feet, and a monster floating in front of him. “The `Dark Magician' (2500, 2100)?” Erek cried, stepping back. “But how, your Life Points are at zero! You're out of the duel!”
“Not yet.” Yugi said. “Thanks my Trap card `Relay Soul'. It activates when my Life Points hit 0, and lets me remain in the duel by Special Summoning 1 monster from my hand. As long as that monster remains in play, I can remain dueling without any Life Points.”
“What?” Erek roared. “Impossible! You just got a lucky break! Fine then, I'll wipe that mage out in a turn. For now, it's Téa's turn.” Téa gulped. 10000 attack points, and all she had left were the monsters in her hand. She drew, and let out a breath.
“Hold on to that though Erek! I activate `Swords of Revealing Light'.” The glowing swords rained down, forming a cage around Erek. “This stops your attack for 3 turns. Next, I'll place a monster in defense, and set one card face-down. Your move.” Erek drew.
“Very well. You still have no monsters left, and I still have the impending threat of Gren Maju De Eiza. So I'll just draw, set a card, and end my turn.” Yugi drew.
“Since Erek is taking Yumiko's turns as his own, those Swords will vanish doubly fast. We have even less time than normal.” “I'll set one card face-down, and switch Dark Magician into defense mode.”
“Very well. Draw!” Erek snapped. “I'll place another card down, and end my turn.” Téa drew.
“I'll sacrifice my monster to summon `Dark Magician Girl' (2000, 1700). I'll end my turn there.” Erek drew.
“I'll just draw and pass.” He said, lowering his Duel Disk. “Bye bye, Swords of Revealing Light.” Erek smiled as the glowing swords vanished.
“My move.” Yugi said, drawing. All he had were a bunch of useless Spell cards. All his monsters were gone, thanks to Inferno Tempest. Yugi sighed and lowered his Duel Disk. “I'll…pass.” He said. Erek leered.
“I'll activate the final Trap card you'll ever see! `Left Arm Offering'! First, I have to discard my entire hand, but in return, I can take any Spell from my deck, and place it in my hand.” Erek chose his card.
“And the card I'll take is a card I'll play right now. You know Yugi, I'm actually glad you saved yourself earlier. The only better than taking out the King and Queen of Games…is taking them both out on the same turn!” Yugi and Téa gasped.
“I activate `Offerings to the Doomed'!” Erek yelled. “To activate this card, I have to skip my Draw Phase next turn, but that really doesn't matter, since there won't be a next turn! In the meantime, my Spell destroys any monster on the field! And I choose…Yugi's Dark Magician!” A series of white bandages flew from the Spell, flying towards Yugi. “And due to the effects of Relay Soul, once your mage is gone, you'll lose, and I can use my Gren Maju De Eiza to finish Téa off with my attack!” Erek laughed. “We've done it Yumiko, we've beaten the King and Queen of Games!” Yumiko smiled.
“Not yet you haven't!” Téa corrected. Erek's head whirled around. “See, I figured that since you couldn't attack, you'd try and destroy Yugi with a Spell card. So I was ready with this! I activate `Fairy's Hand Mirror'!”
“Fairy's Hand Mirror, what's that?” Erek asked. A large white mirror appeared in front of the Dark Magician, absorbing the bandages.
“My Trap activates when you play any Spell that targets 1 monster.” Téa said. “And then, I get to choose the target for that Spell!” Erek gasped.
“That means…”
“That means that I'll use Fairy's Hand Mirror to redirect your Spell…back at Gren Maju De Eiza!” The bandages trapped in the mirror flew back out, wrapping around Erek's monster.
“NO!” Erek cried. Gren Maju De Eiza groaned and exploded, sending a shockwave across the field.
“Now it's my turn.” Téa said, drawing. She looked at the card and smiled. “Perfect. Yugi, mind if I borrow your Dark Magician?” Yugi shook his head.
“Go right ahead Téa.” He offered.
“Right. I play `Riryoku'. This Spell drains 1 monster of half its attack points. But in return, I can select another monster, and increase its attack by half!” Erek gasped as a beam of power flowed from the Dark Magician (1250, 2100) to Dark Magician Girl (3000, 1700). On the sidelines, Joey grinned and shot a coy look at the boy.
“Hey Tristan, remind me, what's 3000 Life Points minus 3000 damage?” He asked.
“I think that's 0 Joey.” Tristan replied.
“Oh yeah, so that means Erek loses, right?” The boy just growled and clenched his fist.
“You idiots! How could you lose?!?” He raged.
“Master!” Erek and Yumiko cried.
“Dark Magician Girl, Dark Burning attack!” The blonde mage swung her staff and fired a ball of pink-red magic at Erek. Erek growled and raised his Duel Disk as a shield to defend.
“AAAAAARRRRRRRRG!!!!”
 
-Téa: 3300, Yugi: 0000, Erek: 0000, Yumiko: 0000-
 
“You disgust me.” The boy growled. “You call yourselves champions!” He snorted and march away. “Get out of my sight.”
“Master, wait! We dueled our best!” Erek cried, running after him with Yumiko.
“Well now that those wannabes are out of the way.” Kaiba said, as Yugi and Téa joined him. “We can deal with Rochelle.”
“Right.” Yugi said, nodding. “We're gonna take her down.”
“Oh no ya won't ya little runt!” Yugi turned, and was met with a fist to the stomach.
“Yugi!” Téa cried, kneeling as the duelist collapsed.
“Ya little punk, I ain't done with ya.” Vick growled. “Rochelle may think I'm week, but I here ta prove her wrong! You an' me Muto, let's duel!”
“Yugi?” Téa asked as he got up.
“I'm fine.” Yugi muttered. “You go ahead and deal with Rochelle. I'll take on Vick.”
“Dat's da spirit.” Vick sneered, stepping back. “Okay Muto, time ta duel, and time ta lose!” Yugi narrowed his eyes.
“We'll stay out here with Yug, you go inside.” Joey said.
“Right Téa said, jogging to the Duel Dome. Kaiba narrowed his eyes and followed.
“Okay Vick, time to duel!” Vick sneered.
“You're goin' down Muto!”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Uria, Flame Cannon!” Rochelle ordered. “And with 9 Traps in the Graveyard, that's 9000 points! So much for Harpie's Brother!” Mai shielded her eyes as Rochelle's attack destroyed her last Harpie, and wiped out her last few Life Points. Rochelle sneered and tossed a glance to the 2 boys behind her.
“Bravo boss.” Dorien cheered.
“Here here!” Cyrus shouted. “Okay ladies and gents, may the next challenger please step forward!” The crowd looked around themselves as Mai grudgingly collected her deck and stepped down from the platform, vanishing into the crowd. “Oh come on, is there anyone here tough enough to last more than a few turns?” Cyrus laughed.
“I do believe that's my cue!” Rochelle, Cyrus and Dorien turned as the doors to the arena were flung open. Rochelle smiled as Téa stepped forward.
“Well well, look who's back.” She chuckled. “Coming back for more, Gardner?”
“Coming back to beat you is more like it!” Téa said, pointing at Rochelle. “It's time to duel, Rochelle!”
-Or should we say, Roslyn?- Teana added silently. Rochelle shrugged.
“I don't think so.” She said. “You see, I've already beaten you, and taken your best cards. I really don't see a need to duel you again.”
“So you're a coward then!” Téa challenged.
“Ya don't talk to the boss like that.” Dorien snapped. Rochelle smiled.
“On second thought…” She said. “Last time, no one saw me crush her. I think a second, public defeat, is in order.” “I'll duel you Téa. On one condition.”
“Oh yeah? Like what?” Téa replied. Rochelle smirked.
“On the condition you beat Dorien, and Cyrus, in a duel.”
“Two-on-one?” Téa cried. “No one can do that!”
“No one…except the supposed Queen of Games.” Rochelle challenged. “Either duel them, or you can forget about dueling me!”
“You people are disgusting.” All 4 of them turned.
“And who asked you?” Cyrus snarled. “It's none of your business!”
“Unless you want me to call security and ban you from my theme park forever, you'll watch your mouth around me.” Kaiba shot back, stepping up beside Téa. Rochelle narrowed her eyes.
“Ah, so the has-been joins the party. Come to be beaten on your home turf again, Kaiba?”
“Hardly.” Kaiba said, crossing his arms. “I came here to watch a real duelist mop the floor with you.” He looked at Téa. “If this is the duelist who beat you before Gardner, I have to say, I'm sorely disappointed in you.”
“If you think her defeat against me was bad, wait until she loses two-on-one!” Rochelle laughed.
“I don't think so.” Kaiba corrected. “While I have no doubt that Gardner could beat them both on her own, I'm simply not prepared to take that chance. There's only one duelist out there who will defeat her, and that's me. I have a new deal Rochelle, and it's one I know you won't refuse. Because if you do, I'll have you stripped of your Duel Disk, and banned from all Kaiba Corp holographic arenas.”
“You wouldn't dare!” Rochelle growled.
“Seeing as how it's my company that finances it all, I'll dare if I please.” Kaiba said. Rochelle snorted.
“Fine Kaiba, name your proposition.” Kaiba nodded.
“It's simple, but I'll use small words for your two cronies. Gardner will duel those two…alongside me.”
“What?” Téa gasped, staring at Kaiba.
“So, what do you say?” Kaiba asked, ignoring Téa. “Your two little buddies versus me and Gardner. Either that, or kiss your dueling days goodbye.” Rochelle smiled.
“You lost to Téa, and Téa lost to me. So really, it's no big deal. Go right ahead.” She chuckled.
“You're kidding! Boss!” Dorien and Cyrus spun around as Téa and Kaiba walked to the other end of the arena.
“This will be a snap.” Rochelle assured them. “You won't lose.” She said. “And if you do, fine. Then I get to give Tea the public humiliation she deserves.”
“Mind telling me was you're doing?” Téa asked Kaiba.
“What do you mean?” Kaiba replied.
“Hello! Tagging with me? What's going on?”
“There's nothing going on.” Kaiba said. “I'm making sure you get a chance to duel this Rochelle again. If you were to take on both of them, you'd lose. And I want to make sure you get that chance to duel Rochelle.”
“Really?” Téa asked, surprised. “I didn't know you cared Kaiba.”
“I don't.” Kaiba said sternly. “The simple fact is that you lost to her, and once you beat her and win back your title and honor, I'll be able to defeat you, and have it mean something. If I dueled you, my victory would be pointless since you had lost. Don't think I'm doing this to help. I'm doing this to make sure our rematch is worth it.”
“Sure, whatever you say.” Téa muttered, not buying the word. Across the arena, Cyrus and Dorien turned on their Duel Disks.
“Say your prayers!” Cyrus yelled. Kaiba and Téa turned on their Duel Disks.
“Ready Kaiba?” Téa shouted.
“Just don't make me lose.” Kaiba replied. On the sidelines, Rochelle crossed her arms.
“I'm going to enjoy this.” She whispered, smiling. “Time to watch two of the world's best duelists, lose.”