Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Descent into Darkness ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Chapter 15
 
Descent Into Darkness
 
“My move!” Kaiba shouted, drawing. “Not bad. This duel won't last too long. I play `Polymerization', and fuse together `Lord of Dragons' and `Divine Dragon Ragnarok', to create `King Dragun' (2400, 1500)!” Dorien and Cyrus stepped back as the long yellow dragon flew circles around Kaiba in the air. “As long as my dragon is in play, any Dragon type monsters I play are safe from your card effects.” Kaiba explained. “Next, I'll use King Dragun's special ability, which lets me summon any Dragon I want from my hand without tribute. And I choose `Kaiser Glider' (2400, 2200). And to wrap up my turn, I'll put the two monsters in my Graveyard to use, by removing them from play to call forth `Chaos Emperor Dragon' (3000, 2500)!”
“No way!” Cyrus protested. “4 monsters in one turn?!?”
“We can take him big bro.” Dorien assured him, drawing. “After all, he used up almost his entire hand on his first turn, so once we get rid of those dragons, Kaiba's wide open. And I happen to have a card to do it.” Dorien sneered. “And here's why Kaiba should give up dueling for good! I play `Lightning Vortex'! All I have to do is discard a card, and all the monsters you have face-up are destroyed!” A swirling cloud appeared overhead, and a massive array of lightning struck from the sky. Kaiba growled as the lightning fried his three dragons, destroying all of them.
“Now how can I top that? I'll start with `Graceful Charity', to draw 3 cards, and discard 2. And sad to say, I'll discard `Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World' (2300, 1400), which activates his special ability, and special summon him back to the field!” Dorien chuckled darkly. “And I'm afraid the worst is yet to come.” The Field card slot on Dorien's Duel Disk slid open. “I activate `Coliseum of Dark World'!” A pitch-black building began to rise around the 4 duelists and Rochelle. It reminded Téa of the Roman Coliseum she had heard of, but a black aura surrounded this place.
“This arena is the darkest battleground of the Dark World, and as long as it's in play, every time a Dark World monster is destroyed, I get another Dark World monster into my hand.” Dorien explained. “So no matter how many monsters you take down, I'll have more at the ready. So for now I'll place 1 card facedown and end my turn.” Téa drew and nodded.
“Right. I'll set 2 cards face-down, and throw down a monster in defense.” She said. Cyrus smiled.
“My move. I'll start with the Spell card `Double Spell', and discard my Archfiend's Oath to copy my brother's Graceful Charity.” Cyrus drew his cards and nodded. “Next, I'll play `Monster Reborn' to revive my `Infernalqueen Archfiend' (900, 1500). And now that my Queen is in play, I'll summon `Terrorking Archfiend' (2000, 1500). Now Kaiba, prepare to feel the sting of darkness! Terrorking, Infernalqueen, attack Kaiba directly!”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“I'll start da party wit `Ancient Gear Castle'!” Vick yelled. A gigantic steel fortress rose from behind him, cannons and gears protruding from every crevice. “Next, I'll summon `Ancient Gear Soldier' (1300, 1300). And tanks to da effect of Ancient Gear Castle, all my Ancient Gear monsters get an extra 300 attack points.” Vick's mechanical soldier kneeled on the field, aiming its gun-arm at Yugi. “I'll let ya off easy with a face-down.” Vick finished. Yugi drew.
“Alright, I'll summon `Silent Swordsman Lv3' (1000, 1000), and activate `Deluxe Level Up!!' This card lets me remove a card in my hand from play, and in return, it levels my monster up not once, but twice!” A red-orange whirlwind whipped around Yugi's Silent Swordsman. “Now it creates `Silent Swordsman Lv7' (2800, 1000)! Silent Swordsman, attack!” The tall, slim warrior leapt into the air and cleaved the Ancient Gear Soldier in two. Vick growled as the mechanical monster collapsed into scrap.
 
-Vick: 6800, Yugi: 8000-
 
“Heh, nice try.” Vick said. “I draw, and activate da special effect of Ancient Gear Castle!” The castle sprang to life as the gears and chains running along the walls began to creak and turn. The large, steel grate over the castle entrance began to rise. “See, every time a monster is play, my castle gets a counter. And as long as I'm willin' ta send my castle to da Graveyard, dose counters can be treated as Tributes for any Ancient Gear monster. And since dere were 2 monsters played when my castle was out, now it counts as da two Tributes I need ta play dis!” The steel grate on the castle opened fully, and a large, metal creature clanked out onto the field, looming over Yugi as the Ancient Gear Castle collapsed behind it. “Meet `Ancient Gear Golem' (3000, 3000)!” Vick laughed.
“He got his best monster out in 2 turns!” Joey exclaimed.
“Dat's right, and I'll play da Trap card `Ancient Gear Construction Plans'. Dis lets me take any Ancient Gear monster from my deck, and puts it in my hand, as long as I discard another Ancient Gear monster. And now, Ancient Gear Golem, Ancient Gear Punch! Crush da little swordsman!” The large steal beast lumbered forward and slammed its fist into Yugi's monster. Yugi shielded himself as the Silent Swordsman exploded.
 
-Vick: 6800, Yugi: 7800-
 
“My move.” Yugi said, drawing. “And I activate `Swords of Revealing Light', to prevent your attacks for 3 turns. Now I'll set a monster in defense, and 1 card face-down.”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Activate `Negate Attack'!” Téa yelled. A glowing barrier shimmered in place around Kaiba, and Cyrus' monsters bounced off back to their own side of the field. “You aren't getting anywhere near either of us!” Téa said. “Your move Kaiba.”
“Whatever.” Kaiba muttered, drawing. Téa scowled. Typical Kaiba, he would have lost almost a third of his Life Points without her. How did Yugi ever put up with him when they teamed up?
“I place 1 card face-down, and activate `Card of Demise'. This lets me draw until I have 5 cards.” Kaiba drew his cards, and smiled. “I place another card down, and activate `Song of the Dragon'. This lets me remove all Dragons in my Graveyard from play, then I can move the same amount of Dragons from my deck to my hand. I'll set one monster in defense mode and end my turn.”
“I'm up!” Dorien laughed. “And I'll just commence an attack! Goldd, attack Kaiba's monster!” The gilded fiend leapt into the air and slashed apart Kaiba's monster, a humanoid creature in a white trenchcoat (200, 700). “I'll end my turn there.” Dorien said. Téa drew and nodded.
“Right.” She said. “Let's see…Dorien only has 1 monster, but knowing him, he's probably got more in his hand to spring once he gets to discard them. Cyrus has two, and if I don't stop him, he'll go after Kaiba again.” “I'll start by activating `Polymerization' to fuse together `Marie the Fallen One' (1700, 1200) with my face-down `The Forgiving Maiden' (850, 2000) to create `St. Joan' (2800, 2000). Next, I'll activate `Celtus of Dagla', to increase St. Joan's attack by 500 points. Now St. Joan, attack Terrorking Archfiend!” The armored Fairy dashed across the field and slashed the fiend in two. “That ends my turn.” Téa said.
“And starts mine!” Cyrus yelled. “First, I pay 500 Life Points to maintain Infernalqueen Archfiend. Then I sacrifice my Queen to play `Skull Archfiend of Lightning' (2500, 1200). Skull Archfiend, attack Kaiba directly!” Kaiba growled and shot a nasty glare at Téa as a bolt of lightning surged towards him.
“Let him.” He shouted. Téa frowned, but nodded.
“St. Joan could have intercepted that attack. What's he doing?” She thought. Kaiba took the blow and cringed.
 
-Téa: 8000, Kaiba: 5500, Dorien: 8000, Cyrus: 7500-
 
“You triggered my trap `Spell of Healing'!” Kaiba called. “It activates when I take 2000 damage or more, and lets me take any Spell from my deck directly to my hand.”
“I don't see the point of what that will help, but so be it. I'll place 1 card down and end my turn.” Kaiba drew.
“Now, the time has come to show your losers real power.” He said. “All you've done this duel is play monsters and attack. Anyone can do that, but it takes a real duelist to formulate a strategy like this. I've set you two up ever since my first move. Do you really think I would set 3 monsters on the field with no protection?
“You're bluffing, you have nothing.” Dorien snapped.
“I beg to differ. But rather than try and explain it, I'll show you! I activate my face-down card! Go `Monster Reborn'! And I'll use it to revive the monster I played last turn. So come on back `Kaibaman' (200, 700)!” A human monster in a white trenchcoat and black shirt and pants appeared on Kaiba's field.
“Uh…Kaibaman?” Téa asked. “Did you just play yourself?” She asked Kaiba. Kaiba ignored her.
“And since I special summoned him, I now activate `Inferno Reckless Summon'. First, Dorien gets to summon all other Wu-Lords he has in his deck, hand or Graveyard.” Dorien smiled and picked a card from his deck.
“I've got one right here.” He said, playing the creature.
“And now, I can special summon all copies of my Kaibaman from my deck.” 2 more Kaibamen appeared on Kaiba's Duel Disk.
“Uh, hello!” Rochelle called. “New flash Kaiba, those things only have 200 points apiece! I wouldn't really advise attacking right now.”
“Who said I plan to use my monsters to attack?” Kaiba asked. “See, I removed 3 Dragons from play last turn, and got 3 more Dragons into my hand.”
“So?” Rochelle yawned. Kaiba smiled.
“I activate Kaibaman's special ability! By sending him to the Graveyard, I can special summon a Dragon from my hand. And I think I'll send all of my Kaibamen to the Graveyard while I'm at it, so I can play 3 Dragons! Take a guess which ones, Rochelle. Here's a few hints: they have white scales, blue eyes, and are about to wipe the floors with your cronies!” Rochelle gasped and jumped to her feet.
“No!” she cried.
“Come forth, my `Blue Eyes White Dragons' (3000, 2500)!” Dorien and Cyrus stared in horror as Kaiba's three favorite cards came onto the field. “No my Blue Eyes, its time to put these 2 losers in their place!” Behind him, Kaiba's dragons roared in agreement.