Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ The Divine and the Dark ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Note that this chappie's name is neither a reference to the Gods, or the Demons. The monster is does reference, I expect, will be greatly enjoyed by a pal of mine, Smokegirl.
 
On a note, why did they dub the Legendary Demons as the `Sacred Beasts'? `Sacred' is a tiny step away from `Demons'. They could at least have called them the Dark Beasts, or the Wicked Beasts or something…changes the entire premise of the things. Hence why I'm calling them by their proper names!
 
Chapter 17
 
The Divine and the Dark
 
“Vick has really played a brilliant strategy. I can't play any monsters, and that Victory Viper will continue to grow more powerful every turn. I have to destroy it before it gets strong enough to destroy my Stone Golem.” “I draw.” Yugi announced. “And I set 1 card facedown, and end my turn.” Yugi's Breeding Machine hissed and produced another Slime Token.
“Check.” Vick snickered. “I'll just blast da Slime Token and end my turn by powering up my Viper.” The spaceship (2000, 1000) glowed as it absorbed the splattered Slime Token. Yugi drew, and nodded.
“Ok. And I play my face-down card `Spell Textbook'. Now I discard my hand, and draw 1 card. And if it's a Spell card, I can play it right away.”
“Givin' up yer hand Muto?” Vick snorted as Yugi slipped his cards into the Graveyard. “Ya've lost it.”
“Not quite.” Yugi corrected, drawing. “I activate `Card of Sanctity, and remove from play all my cards to draw 2 cards.” The Breeding Machine exploded and was drawn down into a vortex. Vikc growled. “Next I play `Graceful Charity', and draw 3 cards. Then I'll discard 2.” Yugi discarded and smiled. “And now I play `Monster Reborn', to revive the monster I just discarded! `Dark Magician' (2500, 2100)!” Vick growled as a ray of purple light shot out of the ground, Yugi's trademark monster appearing with a flourish.
“And I'm not done yet Vick! I activate `Dedication Through Light and Darkness', and sacrifice my Dark Magician, in order to summon `Dark Magician of Chaos' (2800, 2600)!” The Dark Magician glowed as his cloak turned black and red, his transformation to the infamous Chaos Mage complete.
“And thanks to the Dark Magician of Chaos' special ability, I can take a Spell from my discard pile into my hand.” Yugi said, choosing his card. “And that will end my turn.”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“It's my move!” Kaiba roared. “And I activate `Fusion Recovery'. This lets me return Divine Dragon Ragnarok, and Polymerization from the Graveyard. Next, I place 1 monster face-down. And now my Blue Eyes, White Lightning!” The legendary dragon roared and fired the attack, destroying Dorien's Platnim. Dorien scowled.
 
-Téa: 10500, Kaiba: 3300, Dorien: 5700, Cyrus: 4000-
“My move.” Dorien muttered. “I switch Siilva to defense mode, and end my turn.” He said.
“Then I'm up.” Téa said, drawing. “I summon another Hoshinigen. Hoshinigens, attack and destroy both their monsters!” The twin glowing stars fired their rays of light, and both Archfiend Soldier and Siilva vanished in the light.
 
-Téa: 10500, Kaiba: 3300, Dorien: 5700, Cyrus: 3600-
“My move.” Cyrus snarled, drawing. He looked at his card and sneered. “This is it for you, kids. Ready brother?” He asked, looking at Dorien. Dorien nodded. “I activate `Fusion of Underworld!” A swirling vortex appeared on the field, sending a wave of energy across the field.
“What is that?” Téa asked.
“This card is just like Polymerization.” Dorien explained. “The only difference is that it fuses monsters in the Graveyard.”
“Right. So we'll fuse together Terrorking Archfiend with Platnin, God of Dark World!” Cyrus laughed. “So now, behold our ultimate creature!” A tall, humanoid monster rose from the black vortex. It was a man wearing flowing robes of black silk. Long black hair trailed down past his waist. He had long black claws and glowing red eyes. Two black leather wings emerged from his back, and a thin black tail with a pointed tip flicked about behind him.
“Meet `Lucifer, King of Fiends' (2900, 2000)!” Dorien and Cyrus cheered. “Lucifer, show those little star kids who's boss! Dark Talon Tear!” Lucifer drew back his hand and slashed the air, creating a wave of crimson energy. The wave sliced the air and ripped Hoshinigen in two.
 
-Téa: 9900, Kaiba: 3300, Dorien: 5700, Cyrus: 3600-
 
“You think that thing scares me?” Kaiba roared. “My Blue Eyes will annihilate it!”
“Really?” Cyrus chuckled. “Then go right ahead and attack…Seto.” Kaiba growled.
“Kaiba, don't!” Téa urged. “Lucifer must have a…”
“Blue Eyes, destroy their monster with White Lightning!” The dragon fired the attack, and Lucifer slashed another crimson wave. The red energy met the lightning head on, and slashed through it, the attack vanishing. The attack hit Blue Eyes, and the dragon exploded in a burst of light.
“Special…ability…” Téa finished.
“What did you do to my Blue Eyes?” Kaiba demanded.
“Lucifer is not only our best monster, but your worst nightmare.” Cyrus declared. “Any creature of Light he battles with is destroyed automatically.”
“No way!” Téa protested.
“Yes way, and because of the way you two have built your deck, that means that pretty much anything you have can't harm our King of Fiend. We still take damage from the attack, but Lucifer is safe, unlike Blue Eyes.” Cyrus snapped back. “Now it's Dorien's turn.”
“Right. And I'll play the Spell card `Treaty of Compliance'. As long as this card remains in play, every card on a teammate's field counts as yours, and vice-versa. So that means that now, Lucifer is my monster just as much as it's Cyrus'!”
“Good brothers share everything.” Cyrus added.
“Right, and now we're about to share the glory of crushing them! Lucifer, attack!” The winged fiend flicked out his talons and shredded Téa's monster. Téa groaned and fell back.
 
-Téa: 8400, Kaiba: 3300, Dorien: 5700, Cyrus: 2600-
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“I'll take down dat mage.” Vick growled. “I'll switch all my monsters into defense mode, and play `Double Spell' to activate your own `Swords of Revealing Light'.” Yugi nodded and drew.
“I'll activate the Spell I took back with my mage, and play `Graceful Charity', and draw 3 cards.” Yugi drew and discarded, and nodded. “Next I summon `Watapon' (300, 200).” A google-eyed white puff of hair appeared on Yugi's field. “And I'll play `Monster Gate'. Now by sacrificing Watapon, I can draw cards until I draw a monster, and I can then summon it to the field.” Yugi picked up 3 cards. “And here's `Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv6' (2300, 1700). Horus' special ability renders him immune to the effects of your Spell cards, so those Swords can't stop him! Horus, Flame Blaster!” The large silver dragon roared and fired a fireball, destroying Vick's Victory Viper. The other to Vipers beeped and exploded along with the original.
“I'll end my turn here.” Yugi said.
“I don't get it, why didn't he level up his Horus?” Joey muttered.
“Because for once, the weaker monster is stronger.” Tristan said. “This version of Horus can attack while Vick's swords are in play. The level 8 version can't.”
“Ya can't keep dat dragon on da field foreva.” Vick growled, drawing. “I'll play `Cost Down', and discard a card to decrease da level of all my monsters by 2. Den I'll tribute da Ancient Gear Beast for an old friend. Welcome back `Ancient Gear Golem' (3000, 3000)!” Vick's Gear Beast crumbled, and the metal and gears rebuilt themselves into the hulking steel giant. “Golem smash apart dat Flame Dragon with Ancient Gear Punch!” The steel titan roared and slammed its oversized fist into the head of the silver dragon. Flame consumed Horus' body s the dragon fell to the ground.
 
-Vick: 6800, Yugi: 7100-
 
“My move, and I'll play `Card of Sanctity', which lets us both draw until we each have 6 cards. Then I'll place 2 cards face-down, and end my turn.” Yugi's card blinked onto the field. Vick smirked.
“Draw. And, Ancient Gear Golem, attack with Ancient Gear Punch!” The golem lurched forward, and was met with a shining gold barrier. “What da?” Vick muttered.
“You triggered my Spell `Bounce', which lets me take 1 of you Spell cards and transfer the effect from me to you!” Yugi called. “So now your swords only stop you from attacking.”
“Dat won't last long. I'll set 1 card and end my turn.” Yugi nodded and drew.
“Okay Vick. I activate `Book of Secret Arts', which increases my Chaos Magician's power by 300!” A glowing text book appeared under the arm of the mage (3100, 2900), arcane lore written on the cover. “And next I play another Spell card `Nitro Unit'!” Vick stepped back as blue cables wrapped around his Golem, all connecting to a glowing green tank that appeared on its back. “And now, Dark Magician of Chaos, attack with Scepter Blast!” The mage spun its staff and fired a ball of red magic at the golem. Ancient Gear Golem groaned and collapsed on Vick's field.
 
-Vick: 6700, Yugi: 7100-
 
“You ain't gonna win dat easy.” Vick said.
“We'll see, but in the meantime, you have a problem on your hands.” Yugi called. Vick cried out as the Nitro Unit hologram materialized on the field.
“Wha…”
“When the monster wearing my Nitro Unit is destroyed, its special effect activates!” The green tank began to beep quickly. Vick stepped back and gasped as the unit exploded in a blaze of light.