Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Fall ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Chapter 2
 
Fall
 
“I place 1 card facedown and end my turn by discarding two cards.” Téa said. Roslyn nodded and drew.
“Hm…I summon `Goblin Elite Attack Force' (2300, 1500).” A quartet of goblins in silver armored appeared in front of Roslyn. “And I'll add in my Spell `Wicked Breaking Flamberg - Baou' to increase his power by 500. Goblin Elite, attack!” The four goblins rushed forward, each holding a wicked blade.
“Activate `Negate Attack'!” Téa said. “This blocks your attack and ends your turn.”
“Very well. Your move.” Roslyn said.
“I draw, place 2 more cards facedown, and a monster in defense mode.” Téa finished.
“Then I start, and summon forth `Warrior of Zera' (1600, 1600).” Roslyn announced. “Zera, attack!” The warrior dashed across the field.
“Shining Angel!” Téa cried. “And since he was destroyed, I summon forth `Mystical Shine Ball' (500, 500).”
“A crystal ball?” Roslyn asked, confused. “Very well, it's your deck. I end my turn.”
“And I start my. I sacrifice Mystical Shine Ball, and summon `Dark Magician Girl' (2000, 1700)!” The beautiful blonde mage rose onto Téa's field with a wink. “Dark Magician Girl, attack Goblin Elite Attack Force! Dark Burning Attack!” Dark Magician Girl spun and fired a ball of pink energy. The four goblins exploded in a flash.
“My turn, and I activate `Pandemonium'. Then, I sacrifice Warrior of Zera to call forth `Mazera DeVille' (2800, 2300)! And since he was summoned when Pandemonium was on the field, you have to discard three cards from your hand!” Warrior of Zera exploded in a flash of light, growing a tail and horns. “Mazera, attack with Crimson Claw!” Mazera DeVille slashed a wave a red energy towards Téa.
“Activate `Magical Pigeon'!” Téa cried. “This stops your attack!” A glowing tophat materialized around Dark Magician Girl, and Mazera's attack deflected to the side.
“Very well, a good move. I set 1 card and end my turn.” Roslyn said. “It's your turn again, and I hope you draw something good. We can't have the duel end like this, can we?”
“We won't!” Téa countered. “I draw…” Téa looked at her card. “Perfect. I activate `Magic Fusion'. Now if I summons a Spellcaster Fusion monster, this card lets me fuse them from my Field and Graveyard! So I fuse my Dark Magician Girl with the Mystical Shine Ball on my Graveyard, to summon `Ancient Magician of Beauty- Mana' (2800, 2500). And next I'll activate her special ability, and discard 1 card to destroy Mazera DeVille!” Mazera roared angrily as flames spouted from the ground underneath it, and swallowed it up.
“And now Mana, attack her Life Points directly!” Téa commanded. Mana summoned a ball of white magic to the tip of her staff, and fired.
“Activate `Soul Shield'!” Roslyn cried. “Now by paying half my Life Points, your attack is negates.”
 
-Téa: 775, Roslyn: 562-
 
“Then I end my turn.” Téa said. Roslyn drew, and smiled.
“Ah, here she is.” She whispered. “The card I've been waiting for.” Mazera DeVille, Archfiend Soldier, and Goblin Elite Attack Force hovered hehind Roslyn, glowing green. :I offer the souls of my three Fiend monsters.” The three turned entirely green, and merged to form a human-shaped shadow in front of Roslyn. The green turned a dark purple. “To call forth the ultimate Fiend! `Dark Necrofear' (2200, 2800).” The necromantic Fiend hovered in front of Rochelle, eyes glowing red. “I place another monster in defense and end my turn there.”
“Okay…” Téa breathed, drawing. “I could discard a card to destroy that Necrofear, but then it would turn around and possess Mana.” Mana looked over her shoulder at Téa, and Téa smiled up at her. “Don't worry Mana, that won't happen.” Téa promised her. Mana nodded and looked back at the Necrofear. “I place a card facedown and have Mana attack your facedown card!” Roslyn didn't even flinch as `Giant Orc' (2200, 0000) crumbled to dust.
“I draw.” Roslyn said. “I activate `Reckless Charge'!” This gives my Necrofear 300 more points, and forces it to attack. Dark Necrofear, Dark Soul Burst!” The Necrofear groaned and launched itself at Mana, who fired a ball of magic and destroyed the ghost.
 
-Téa: 775, Roslyn: 262-
 
“I set a monster in defense and end my turn.” Roslyn said. “And now that she's been destroyed, she comes back to possess Mana!” A ghostly black spirit floated from Roslyn's Duel Disk and shot towards Mana.
“I've let her be possessed once, and it won't happen again!” Téa declared. “I activate `Divine Wrath'!” A thunderbolt struck down and zapped the spirit. “It negates your monster's effect, and sends Dark Necrofear back where she belongs: in the Graveyard!” Roslyn gasped. “And now I draw, and discard a card to destroy your monster!” Roslyn closed her eyes as `Mystic Tomato' (1400, 1100) wilted and oozed to the ground.
“Téa!” She called. “For what's it worth now…you're a hell of duelist.” Téa nodded back.
“You too.” She admitted. “Mana, attack Roslyn directly and end the duel!” Mana raised her staff and called forth a ball of white magic.
“But I can't go just yet.” Roslyn thought to herself, lowering her head. “There's one more thing to be done…Téa has earned the right to wield the Demons, and I won't allow anyone to interfere…anyone…” The Eye of Anubis flashed on Roslyn's head.
“Attack with White Magic Burst!” Téa ordered. Mana flung her staff forward and sent a beam of magic across the field. Rochelle raised her head.
“What?” She cried, opening her eyes. Then, Mana's attack hit home.” “AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGG!”
“Game over!” Téa cheered.
 
-Téa: 775: Rochelle: 0000-
 
“What…happened?” Rochelle demanded, waving away the smoke.
“Rochelle?” Téa gasped. She started to walk forward, but the presence of a hand on her shoulder stopped her.
Huh?” She asked, turning to look at Teana's spirit form.
-Don't. It's not safe.- she warned. Téa was about to reply, when Rochelle's cry cut her off.
“What is happening?” Rochelle cried. A tendril of purple darkness had reached up and wrapped around her left wrist.
“Rochelle!” Téa said, starting to run forward. Once again, Teana's spirit form stopped her. “Teana!” Téa protested.
-There is nothing you can do.- Teana told her.
“What's happening to her?” Téa asked, as more tendrils snaked around Rochelle's other wrist and neck.
-Before you attacked, Roslyn left- Teana explained. -So it wasn't her that you beat, it was Rochelle. Rochelle lost a Shadow Game.- Téa gasped as understanding came to her.
“Oh no…” She whispered. The ground beneath Rochelle turned into a dark vortex, and the purple tendrils began to drag her down.
“No, no!” Rochelle screamed. “Téa, help me!” She pleaded. Téa stared in awe as Rochelle's legs vanished, followed by her stomach.
“Is there anything…”
-Any interference, and our fate will be the same as hers.- Teana said. Rochelle's torso vanished into the vortex, and her Duel Disk popped off her arm, landing to the side with a clang as her arms vanished. She looked up at Téa, fear in her eyes.
“Téa…please…” She pleaded. Téa clenched her eyes shut and looked away as Rochelle vanished, the vortex closing behind her. Téa opened her eyes and looked at Rochelle's Duel Disk as the purple clouds began to part.
“Téa!” Téa turned as Yugi ran up to her, throwing his arms around her. “You're okay!”
“Yeah, I guess…” Téa muttered.
“Hey, where's Rochelle?” Joey asked, looking around.
“She's gone…she lost the Shadow Game…” Téa explained.
“See, dis is why I stopped liking Duel Monsters.” Joey muttered. “It's all fun and games, until the ancient spirit tries to take over the world.” Téa parted from Yugi and picked up Rochelle's Duel Disk. Lying underneath it were the Legendary Demons. Yugi fanned them out and picked them up.
“So where do they go now?” He asked. “Pegasus said their evil will can't be contained.”
“They have to be secluded.” Teana said, using Téa's mouth. “They must be hidden far away, in a place where no one would ever go. To destroy them would only anger them more.”
“I know a place.” Everyone turned to see Kaiba. He looked down at the Demons. “Kaiba Corp recently acquired an island in a take over. The only ferries there are personal Kaiba Corporation boats.” Teana nodded.
“You are certain the Demons would be safe there?” She asked. Kaiba nodded back. “Then here, take them. Be sure they do not fall into the wrong hands, and do not fall prey to their lust for power.” Yugi held out the cards, and Kaiba took them from the duelist.
“I'm not worried. You're forgetting, I control the most powerful dueling deck in the world.” Kaiba sniffed, turning and walking away. “I have all the power I need.”
“Dat coming from the guy who's 4-1 against Yugi.” Joey muttered.
“Joey.” Yugi scolded. Kaiba reached the entrance to Kaiba Land, and opened the door of his limo as it pulled up.
“Seto!” Mokuba cried. “What's up?”
“We're heading to the pier.” Kaiba said, climbing inside and shutting the door. “We have some cards to dispose of.”
“Yeah, Pegasus called looking for you, and he filled me in.” Mokuba said. “Where are you putting them.”
“Somewhere where no one will ever abuse their power again.” Kaiba replied. “The island we got when we bought of Tsunaki Corp.”
“Tsunaki? But Seto.” Mokuba protested. “I thought you were planning to build your Duel Academy there?”
“I am.” Kaiba confirmed. At Mokuba's worried look Kaiba rolled his eyes. “Don't worry Mokuba. What's the worst that could happen?”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“Okay, creepy bad guy is in da Shadow Realm, cool cards are taken care of, da rich guys are leaving. Can we go back to that brief span of normal we enjoyed?” Joey asked. Teana shook Téa's head.
“Not yet.” She said. “There is one more challenge left.”
“Oh great, we gotta find an eighth Millennium Item?” Tristan groaned.
“Now that you mention it…” Teana mused. At Joey's wide-eyed look, she chuckled. “No, I'm kidding.” Then she turned serious again.
“It is time for me to return home.”
 
Heh, I'll bet no one saw that coming! Rochelle, tricked into losing by her own dark half, ha ha! Anyway, the Demons are being sealed, the villainess is beat, and Teana is returning to her home. It's been fun guys, and thanks for reading!
 
Reckless Charge
Quickplay Spell
Select 1 monster on the field. Increase the ATK of that monster by 300 until the End Phase. During the turn this card is activated, if the selected monster can attack, it must do so.
 
Magic Fusion
Spell
Select 1 Spellcaster-type Fusion monster from your Fusion deck. Remove from play, from your Field or Graveyard, the Fusion material monsters listed on that Fusion monster, and Special Summon that Fusion monster (this is treated as a Fusion Summon).
 
Ancient Magician of Beauty- Mana
8 Star LIGHT Spellcaster
ATK: 2800
DEF: 2500
Dark Magician Girl + 1 LIGHT-Attribute monster
This card can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon. Once per turn, discard 1 card from your hand to destroy 1 monster on the field.