Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Showdown: The Gods vs The Demons ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Chapter 21
 
Showdown: The Gods vs. The Demons
 
“I'll kick off our newly improved game, with a Spell known as `Cycle of Reincarnation'!” Roslyn cried. “You see my dears, the soul passes through a cycle for eternity. Once it dies, it passes to the realm of the dead, after which it departs to the divine realm. Then it is born, after which it dies, over and over in this, the Cycle of Reincarnation!”
“What's your point?” Téa asked.
“A good duel is very much like the same way.” Roslyn continued. “A duelist must learn to avoid losing what they have, to regain what they have lost, and to be ready to use what they can gain! And this one card lets me do all those things. First, the living must die.” Roslyn's Slate Warrior and Melchids dissolved before her. “Next, those that have passed return to be reborn. In layman's terms, for every card that I just gave up from my field, a card in my Graveyard returns to the bottom of my deck.” Roslyn chose her four cards and slipped them into her Duel Disk, “And finally, the lost souls are reborn into the realm of the living. In other words, now for every card that just returned to my deck, another card comes into my hand.”
“That is, without a doubt, the most complicated card in the game.” Téa muttered.
“It doesn't get much better.” Roslyn said, waving her finger. “Because I'll play `Monster Reincarnation'. Now I discard a card, and another Monster from my Graveyard returns to my hand. And finally I play the cards I just got from my deck.” Roslyn smiled. “I play `Archfiend's Oath', `Two-Man Cell Battle', and `Senri Eye'. And now, for the monster I reclaimed from my Graveyard.” Téa gasped.
“No!” She cried.
“Ladies, gentlemen, and spirits of all ages, please welcome, the long awaited return of the Legendary Demon `Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder' (4000, 4000)!” Roslyn shouted. A bolt of gleaming lightning struck from the shadow clouds above, and the golden demon rose beside Raviel.
“I'll place 1 card down, and end my turn.” Roslyn said.
“Then it's my move!” Téa yelled, drawing. “I activate `Pot of Avarice', which shuffles 5 monsters into my deck. Then I can draw 2 cards.” Téa drew, and nodded. “And I'll play one of them now! `Divine Vortex'. Now you randomly choose any card in my hand, and if it's a monster, I can summon it.” Téa fanned our her cards before Roslyn.
“I'm not an idiot.” Roslyn sighed. “I know you shuffled the God cards back into your deck, and I know you must have drawn one.” Téa gasped. “In all honesty, the Gods would make this battle more interesting, so please, summon your God card.” Roslyn tossed a lck of hair over her shoulder and smiled.
-She's trying to psyche us out.- Téa said to Teana. “But it's not going to work! I summon `Obelisk, the Tormentor' (4000, 4000)!” The blue giant rose to stand beside Ra.
“I'll set one card facedown and end my turn.” Téa finished.
“I draw, and play `Spell Reproduction'. Now I can discard 2 cards to add another Spell to my hand. And I choose `Spell of Sanctity'. Now we both draw until we hold 6 cards.” Roslyn and Téa drew, and Roslyn looked over her cards. “Next I play `A Feather of the Phoenix'. This lets me take any card from my Graveyard, and place it on top of my deck. And to wrap it all up, I'll activate `Nightmare's Steal Cage'. Now neither of us can attack for 2 turns.” Black steel rose from the ground around Téa, forming a domed cage.
“Ok.” Téa said, drawing. “This is just a stalemate until one of us can tip the scales. She could destroy Ra right now by sacrificing Hamon to give its power to Raviel, but she isn't. It makes no…wait!” Téa smiled. “That's why she possessed Rochelle! Roslyn wants to win using the Demons, so she won't give them up! So I just have to beat her before she can call out Uria.”
“I play a card facedown and end my turn.” Téa said.
“Then it's my move.” Roslyn said. “And I activate `Double Spell'. I'll use it copy your `Quick-Draw Trap'! And I'll use it now, paying half my Life Points to set 3 Traps from my deck. And now I'll send all those Traps to the Graveyard, and call forth my final Demon! `Uria, Lord of Searing Flames (11000, 11000)!” The fiery demon coiled around Raviel and Hamon and roared at Téa.
“My cage still prevents my attacks, for I'll have to wait.” Roslyn said. “Now, if you can, call forth Slifer the Sky Dragon once again.”
“What is your deal?” Téa demanded. “Why do you want me to summon all 3 God cards so badly?”
“I want to control the strongest beasts in creation. So what better way to prove their power, than to destroy the creatures that once stopped Zorc the Dark One? Once my Demons crush the Gods, they will have earned the title of the mightiest.” Roslyn crossed her arms and smiled. “I have no interest in world domination, Téa. To much work, really. I simply want to be the best, and to be the best I have to beat the best. Namely, your God cards! I just want power, and I'll claim here and now. Now, make your move!”
“I will!” Téa said, drawing. “And I'll start with `Soul Release'. This removes 5 cards in your Graveyard from play, and I'll use it to get rid of 5 Trap cards!”
“A well played card, but it's not very good.” Roslyn said. “Uria still has 6000 points.”
“Maybe, but I'm not done.” Téa said. “I reveal my facedown card `Level Conversion Lab'. This lets me roll a die. Whatever I roll becomes the level of a monster in my hand. But if I rolled a one, that monster is discarded.”
“Very well. Roll your die.” Roslyn offered. A giant holographic die appeared above Téa's head, and rolled out onto the field. It spun and spun, rolling to a stop…
On 4.
“So now the monster in my hand requires no Tributes!” Téa cried. “And I summon `Slifer the Sky Dragon' (4000, 4000)!” Sparks flew from Téa's Duel Disk, and the long, red serpent appeared in the air behind her.
“Marvelous!” Roslyn laughed, clapping. “This is what I've always wanted, a chance to prove my power. And mark my words, I will.”
“We'll see.” Téa said. “For now, I activate `Dimension Hole'. This removes Uria from play for one turn. And he'll come back on my next turn.”
“I see…” Roslyn muttered. “Well, if you're finished?”
“I am.” Téa said, lowering her Duel Disk.
“Then I draw.” Roslyn said. “And end my turn. My Nightmare Cage is gone, and now the true battle can begin.”
“Agreed.” Téa said. “And now, Uria returns!” A vortex opened behind Roslyn, and the red Demon flew out. “But, since you just Special Summoned him back, Slifer's ability activates.” Slifer roared and opened its upper mouth, firing a ball of thunder. It hit Uria with a flash of light.
“Well, this is quite the situation…” Roslyn mused aloud. Behind her, Hamon (4000, 4000), Uria (4000, 4000), and Raviel (4500, 3600) floated, glaring daggers across the field. “You have your Gods, and I have my Demons.”
“And they're almost equals in every way.” Téa agreed, looking up at Obelisk (4000, 4000), Slifer (4000, 4000) and Ra (4500, 2100).
“But our Life Points are another story.” Roslyn (1125) reminded her. Téa (3800) nodded. “You have over three times the Life Points as me. You have the advantage, for the time. But that time will pass.”
“We'll see. In the meantime, I set two cards facedown and end my turn.” Roslyn thought.
“Let's see, I could Tribute my other Demons to Raviel now, and win. But if she stops my attack with those Traps, I'll be out 2 Demons, and she can finish me off. Besides, I pledged to use all three Demons to defeat her, and I will.” Roslyn drew.
“I activate the Spell card `Misfortune'!” She cried. “This card takes half the attack power of the Winged Dragon, and inflicts it as damage to you!”
 
-Téa: 1550, Roslyn: 1125-
 
“However, using the Misfortune card doesn't let me attack the turn I use it, so I'll set this card and end my move. I guess it's yours then.” Téa nodded.
“I'll draw, and activate my Trap `Reckless Greed'. This lets me draw 2 cards.” Téa said. “That brings Slifer the Sky Dragon up to 5000 points.”
“Nice, but not nice enough. I'll play my Trap `Threatening Roar'. It not only prevents you from attacking this turn, but also boosts Uria to 5000 points since it's a trap.”
-Every time we try to take out the Demons, she stops us- Teana said.
-Yeah, it's like she can't let them be destroyed- Téa agreed. -But I have a plan to stop that-
-Like what?- Teana replied. But Téa didn't answer.
“I end my turn.” Téa finished. Roslyn drew, and smiled.
“And I draw, and draw the card that will finally tip our balance of power.” She said. “I activate the Spell `Megamorph'. Since my Life Points are lower than yours, this Spell doubles the attack strength of Raviel! That makes 9000!” Roslyn sighed. “You both fought well, but victory is mine. Raviel, attack with Fist of Phantasms!” The Demon roared and charged forward, aiming a glowing fist at Ra.
“This is it.” Téa whispered. “I activate `Chaos Impact'!” Roslyn gasped.
“What does that do?” She cried.
“To play this powerful card, I have to give up half my Life Points when we control the same number of cards.” Téa replied. “But then its special power destroys every monster on the field, and removes them from play!” Roslyn gasped.
“But if you do that, we'll both lose our cards!” She protested. Téa nodded.
“Maybe, but then they'll all be beyond our reach!” Téa confirmed. “Chaos Impact, activate!” A gigantic glowing meteor slammed out from the shadow clouds above and crashed into the ground. Téa and Roslyn both shielded their eyes as the Demons, and the Gods, were consumed by a wave of energy. The impact ended, and Téa and Roslyn looks up as the Demons groaned and fell forward with a crash, falling into dust. Behind Téa, the Gods roared as the ground opened beneath them, and they plummeted into oblivion.
 
-Téa: 775, Roslyn: 1125-
 
“And now we each draw four cards.” Téa finished, drawing.
“I…they're gone…my Demons are gone…” Roslyn whispered. She hung her head. “You destroyed them all…the Gods, the Demons.”
“Those cards promised to help us defeat you!” Teana shouted through Téa. “They were willing to go, if it meant giving us a chance.” Roslyn smiled.
“It seems I have vastly underestimate you both.” She admitted. “You are indeed worthy foes.” Roslyn raised her head and flung a hand forward to point at Téa. “I may not be able to use the Demons like I had planned, but I'll beat you nonetheless! Now, the real duel begins!”
 
Serious question: what do you guys think of Roslyn? I didn't want to whip out a Mary-Sue villain (mostly because Rochelle is 1 too many). What do you guys think of Téa's villain?
 
Cycle of Reincarnation
Spell
Offer any number of monsters as Tribute. Select an equal number of cards in your Graveyard, and place them at the bottom of your deck. Then select an equal number of cards from your deck, and add them to your hand.
 
Quick-Draw Trap
Spell
Pay half your Life Points. Select up to 3 Trap cards from your Graveyard, and Set them on the field. During the End Phase, destroy those Trap cards.
 
Chaos Impact
Trap
You may only activate this card when both players have the same number of cards on the field (including this card). Pay half your Life Points to remove all cards on the field from play (including this card). Both players draw a number of cards equal to the number of their cards that were just removed.