Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ Rise of Evil ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Sorry for my absence, but I've been busy getting my new Inuyasha fic off the ground. But here I am now! And to make it up to you, I REALLY up the ante here!
 
Chapter 20
 
Rise of Evil
 
“My move!” Téa said, drawing. “And I activate Venus' special ability, and sacrifice 1000 Life Points to call forth 2 `Mystical Shine Ball' (500, 500)! And now, I'll sacrifice Venus, and my Shine Balls, to summon this.” Téa held up a red card, and placed it on her Duel Disk. A way of yellow light shone up into the sky, swirling around the clouds above as a loud roar came from the sky. The light vanished as coils of red began to descend from the clouds. Uria looked up and screeched angrily as a head emerged from the coils, roaring loudly.
“I summon `Slifer, the Sky Dragon' (X000, X000)!” Téa cried. Rochelle clenched her fist as the Egyptian God roared again. Uria countered with a piercing screech. “And, Slifer gains 1000 points for every card in my hand. And right now, I have 4!”
“That's still not enough to beat Uria!” Rochelle countered. “He'll roast Slifer with a single breath!”
“Not if I activate this he won't. I play `Pot of Greed', and draw 2 cards. That brings Slifer to match Uria at 5000 points.” Téa said. “Then I'll set 1 card facedown and end my turn.” Rochelle rolled her eyes.
“I draw, and activate Uria's special ability, to destroy your facedown card.”
“Thanks. That facedown card was `Greedy Goblin', which lets me draw 2 cards.” Téa said, doing so. “That boosts Slifer to 6000 points.” Rochelle growled.
“I'll set 2 cards facedown and end my turn.” She said.
“Then it's my move, and my draw brings Slifer to 7000 points!” Téa said.
“Not for long! I'll spring my trap `Lifeshaver'. Now you discard 1 card, meaning Slifer loses 1000 points. And since that was a Trap there, Uria gains 1000 more points!” The two red dragons (6000, 6000) continued to weave in the air above their masters as Téa looked over her hand.
“I'll activate `Graceful Charity', which lets me draw 3 cards. And then I discard 2.” Téa drew and quickly discarded two of the cards she had drawn. “And next I'll play my Spell `Disgraceful Charity'. During the turn I activate this, any card either of us discard come back to our hands. So those 2 cards come back. Overall, that means I have 8 cards in my hand, and Slifer has 8000 points!” Rochelle smirked.
“Slifer, attack Uria now!” Téa commanded.
“Activate my Trap `Destruction of Destiny'!” Rochelle commanded. “Now I discard 3 cards from my deck, and for each Spell or Trap I discard, I'll lose 1000 points.” Rochelle picked up her 3 cards. “Well, seems like I got 2 monsters, and 1 Trap. I'll lose 1000 points, but Uria will gain 2000!”
“No way, not again!” Joey protested.
“They'll crush each other!” Yugi cried.
“Uria, attack with Flame Cannon!” Rochelle ordered.
“Slifer, Thunder Force!” Téa yelled. Uria and Slifer flew towards each other, the red coils wrapped and entwining around each other as the two came to face each other. Uria opened its mouth and fired a jet of flame. Slifer roared and fired a blast of lightning. The two blasts collided, and exploded in the sky above. Everyone stared in awe as Slifer and Uria slammed into the ground, disintegrating to dust.
 
-Téa: 7000, Rochelle: 2250-
“I'll play `Swords of Revealing Light', and end my turn.” Téa said.
“A waste of my time.” Rochelle sneered. “Here's a card you may remember from our last duel. I summon `Midnight Cloak Assassin' (1000, 1000). And his special ability calls `Slate Warrior' (1900, 400) to join him.” Rochelle smiled. “I'll set 1 card and end my turn.” Téa drew and nodded.
“I place 1 monster in defense, and end my turn.” She said. Rochelle drew, and snickered.
“Oh, this is too perfect.” She laughed. “Now Téa, this duel is over! I sacrifice my 3 monsters, in order to summon forth my ultimate weapon!” A blue fog appeared on the ground behind Rochelle, and began to rise, forming into a hulking blue giant. “Rise, `Raviel, Lord of Phantasms' (4000, 4000)!” Rochelle laughed. Raviel growled lowly. “Your swords can only hold me off for another turn, so hurry up, and take your turn.” Téa bit her lip.
-We have only 1 card that can beat Raviel- Teana said in her head. Téa nodded.
-I know, but to summon Ra, we have to draw it first.- Téa looked down at her hand, dismayed at the lack of the Winged Dragon. -And even then we'll need to sacrifice three monsters, and we'll never get that many with Raviel on the field.-
-We can Téa.- Teana assured her. -Just believe.- Téa smiled, and drew.
“I place another monster in defense, and that'll do it.” She said. Rochelle rolled her eyes.
“”I doubt it, but suit yourself.” She said. “I play 1 card facedown, and that'll do it. Your swords of light are gone, so on my next turn, I can obliterate you.” Téa scowled.
“We'll see. I'll draw 1 card.” She said, doing so. “No Ra yet. This is it.” She took a breath. “I'll end my turn.”
“Really? Pathetic. I activate `Call of the Haunted', and revive Slate Warrior. Slate Warrior, attack!” The strange Fiend raised a hand and fired a thing beam of blue light.
“Reveal `Shining Angel' (1400, 800)!” Téa cried. “And I'll use his special ability to summon another Angel.”
“Big deal, it means nothing!” Rochelle laughed. “Raviel, Fist of Phantoms!” Raviel roared and threw a glowing white ball of ectoplasm at Shining Angel. The monster moaned as its skin rotted clean off.
-Téa: 3800, Rochelle: 2250-
“I'll summon `Mystical Elf' (800, 2000) with Shining Angel's effect.” Téa said. “Now I'll switch my elf to defense mode, and set 1 card facedown.”
“My move then.” Rochelle declared. “Slate Warrior, attack her facedown card!” The Fiend fired another beam of light, and skewered `The Agent of Luck-Uranus' (1600, 1000). “And Raviel will crush that elf!” The Demon launched another otherworldly punch, and the Mystical Elf collapsed into a blob of bubbling green ooze. “And you're next on the list!” Rochelle laughed.
“Not today!” Téa shot back. “I'll set a monster and end my turn.” Rochelle drew.
“Now Raviel shall grow even more powerful! I activate `Mystic Plasma Zone', which gives Raviel a nice power boost. Raviel, attack!” The Demon (4500, 3600) punched the air and let loose another stream of ghostly spirits. Téa's `Hoshinigen' (500, 700) was destroyed. “It's over Téa.” Rochelle said, shaking her head sadly. “I summon `Melchid the Four Faced Beast' (1500, 1200), set 1 card, and end my turn.”
-This is it.- Téa said. -Ready Teana?-
-Let's do it.- Teana replied.
“I activate `Premature Burial, and pay 800 points to revive Hoshinigen. And when Hoshingen is summoned, I'll now activate `Inferno Reckless Summon'. This lets me summon forth all other Hoshingens from my deck, and I have 2!” The 3 star-shaped fairies twinkled around in front of Téa, leaving rainbows in their wake.
“Maybe, but I get my other 2 Melchids!” Rochelle said, summoning the multi-faced Fiends. “You still can't beat me! Just give up!” Téa closed her eyes.
“This is it…” She whispered. “Teana…” Téa opened her eyes and stared as Rochelle. “I sacrifice my 3 Hoshinigens.” She announced as the 3 stars vanished in a sparkle of light.
“For what? Nothing can save you.” Rochelle said. Téa closed her eyes again, and crossed her arms over her chest.
-It is time.- Teana said, merging with Téa. The Eye of Anubis glowed brightly on Téa's forehead. Rochelle gasped as a beam of light shone from her Duel Disk, blasting a hole in the clouds.
“Great Beast of the Sky, please hear my cry. Transform thyself from orb of light, and bring me victory in this fight.” Téa mentally gasped at the words coming from her mouth.
-How do I know this?- She asked.
-You don't. I do.” Teana explained.
“What is happening?” Rochelle cried, stepping back. A golden, glowing orb descended from the cloud.
“Envelop the desert within your glow, and cast your rage upon my foe. Unlock your power from deep within, so that together we may win.”
“She can't be serious!” Joey protested. Yugi nodded with a smile.
“Go for it Téa! Take her out!” He cheered. Kaiba was stunned, his jaw almost dropping.
“It's…not possible. How can she know that chant?” He demanded.
“Appear in this game as I call your name.” Téa/Teana finished. The golden ord cracked open to reveal a shining gold dragon. Rochelle stared as the golden beast roared its anger to the skies above.
“`Winged Dragon of Ra' (4500, 2100)!” Téa/Teana shouted. Rochelle shook her head silently.
“It…can't be.” She said.
“It can be.” Téa countered, the Eye of Anubis fading from her forehead. “And now it's time to end this. Winged Dragon of Ra, Blaze Cannon! Destroy Melchid and end this.” The dragon roared and summoned a fireball.
“I will not lose, Gods card or not!” Rochelle roared. “Activate `Negate Attack'! Halt that attack!” Ra stopped, the fireball fizzling out.
“You'll only last another turn then.” Téa said.
“This is it, Téa's got dis match in da bag now!” Joey yelled.
“Yeah, there's no way she'll be able to beat Ra.” Tristan added.
“Don't count on it.” Kaiba muttered. “Rochelle still has Raviel.”
“Kaiba's right.” Rochelle growled. “My monsters have enough points to wipe you out now, so why should worry about losing my last Demon, if I can win?”
“You'll destroy Raviel too?” Téa gasped. Rochelle shrugged.
“He served his purpose, but now his purpose is as a martyr. If I have to give up my Demons to crush you, so be it.” Téa shook her head.
“You're disgusting.” He said sadly. Rochelle narrowed her eyes.
“What did you say?” She snapped. Téa glared.
“You dueled me to win the Demons, but then you give them up to win again. You disrespected your own cards, just to win!”
“That's the price of victory! If I have to give up Raviel to gain power, then so be it!” Rochelle yelled, drawing back her hand. “Raviel, atta-“ Rochelle stopped as her hand froze in midair over her head. She brought it down and stared at it in confusion. “As I was saying, Raviel, attARG!” Rochelle cried out as she fell to her knees, clutching her stomach in pain.
“What's goin on with Rochelle?” Joey asked.
“Ra…vi…” Rochelle groaned, her eyes rolling back. Suddenly, she let out a scream of agony, clutching her head in her hands.
“What's happening? Rochelle!” Téa shouted. Rochelle let out a weak moan, and fell forward, laying limp on the ground. Téa blinked.
“What was that about?” Tristan asked.
“I guess…Rochelle couldn't handle the Demons anymore.” Yugi muttered.
“So the duel is over?” Téa asked. She stepped forward.
-Téa!- Teana cried. -Stop!-
-What is it?- Téa replied. A wind whipped over her shoulder, and she realized what Teana had. Rochelle growled and climbed to her feet, her head hung.
“Rochelle? Are you okay?” She asked. Rochelle chuckled darkly.
“Am I okay? Why Téa, I've never felt better.” She whispered. Téa narrowed her eyes.
“That…doesn't sound like Rochelle.” She said. The voice was lighter, more airy.
-That's because it isn't.- Teana said. Rochelle laughed.
“Teana, I should have expected that.” She said. Téa gasped. She had heard them? “It's been so long, hasn't it?”
“Not long enough, Roslyn.” Teana snapped, using Téa's voice. Roslyn raised her head.
“That fool Rochelle…how on Earth did my reincarnation become so simple-minded? Winning by sacrificing her own cards?” She asked shaking her head sadly.
“So…did she just pull a Malik or something?” Joey asked. Roslyn turned her head to stare at him, before looking around Kaiba Land.
“I can't believe it.” Roslyn said. “We meet again after 500 years to continue our battle, and this is the stage we fight on? No no no…” Roslyn smirked. “I have an idea.” Roslyn raised her arms to the side.
“What are you doing?” Téa asked. Roslyn shrugged.
“We deserve an arena worthy of us. So I'm taking this duel to a more…shadowy place.” Waves of black energy began to pulse from Roslyn as a purple oval appeared around the field. Yugi gasped.
“Shadowy….NO!” He ran forward towards the duelists. “TÉA!” Yugi screamed. Téa spun around as a purple curtain began rise from the ground.
“Yugi!” She yelled, running to him. The curtain rose fully, and Yugi met a wall of dark magic. The wall sparked and slammed him back to the ground.
“Yug!” Joey said. Yugi jumped to his feet and pounded his fists on the dark wall.
“Téa's in there!”
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
“This…no…” Téa whispered. Roslyn chuckled.
“Now I'll do what Rochelle couldn't: destroy you with the Legendary Demons! And once you lose, both of you will be trapped in the darkness, for eternity!” Téa turned to look at Roslyn, Teana appearing beside her in spirit form.
“And now, Téa, Teana!” Roslyn cried. “Let the Shadow Game begin!” Roslyn threw back her head and laughed as a bead of sweat rolled down Téa's forehead.
 
Greedy Goblin
Trap
When this card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect, draw 2 cards.
 
Midnight Cloak Assassin
4 Star DARK Fiend
ATK: 1000
DEF: 1000
When this card is Summoned from your hand, you may Special Summon another Level 4 or lower Fiend monster from your hand. You cannot Special Summon another Midnight Cloak Assassin with this effect. The Special Summoned monster cannot attack this turn.