Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ AnZuOh, Queen of Games ❯ This Ends Here ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnZuOh, Queen of Games
 
Chapter 19
 
This Ends Here
 
“Prepare for the final duel of your career!” Rochelle sneered, turning on her Duel Disk. Half the crowd cheered.
“Not this time Rochelle. It's time to show you how a True Duelist duels!” Téa countered. The crowd cheered again.
“Long live Téa Gardner, Queen of Games!” Someone yelled.
“She's had her day, the new Queen is Rochelle Harris!” The crowd started to talk amongst itself as Téa drew.
“Alright Rochelle. I'll start off, if you don't mind. I summon `Thunder Nyan Nyan' (1900, 800).” A large feline-like monster in leopard print appeared, surrounded by four large drums. “I'll set one card face-down and end my turn.” Rochelle smiled.
“Goodie. My move, and I'll activate `Two-Man Cell Battle'. Then I summon `Archfiend Soldier', and set a card facedown. I'll end my turn by summoning `Fallen Angel' (1400, 1900) by the effect of my Spell card.” Téa stared as the bubbly pink angel rested on Rochelle's field in attack mode. Why would Rochelle use a Fairy card?
“I'll start by playing `Mystical Space Typhoon' to destroy your Trap card!” Téa yelled. Rochelle nodded.
“Good. By destroying this card, you activate its effect. Go `Surprise Spell'! Since this card was destroyed by your card effect, I can search my deck for any Spell card I choose, and place it in my hand. Thanks.” Téa scowled.
“Now I set a monster in defense, and attack your Fallen Angel with Thunder Nyan Nyan! Thunder Drum Pummel!” Nyan Nyan moved its hands at light-speed, drumming faster and faster, until the far right drum exploded from the pressure and fired a bolt of lightning at Fallen Angel.
 
-Téa: 8000, Rochelle: 7500-
 
“I'll end my turn without activating Two-Man Cell Battle.” Téa said. A black vortex opened in front of Rochelle. “Hey!”
“You've activated Fallen Angel's special ability!” Rochelle laughed. “Whenever you destroy her in battle, I can discard a card to revive her, as a creature of Darkness with inverted powers!” Fallen Angel (1900, 1400) rose onto the field, its link pink shin turning dark red as its downy white wings turned black.
“My turn, and I play `Pot of Greed', to draw 2 cards.” Rochelle smiled. “I'll play `Level Limit- Area B', which forces all Level 4 and higher monsters into defense mode. I'll end my turn there.”
“She's just stalling until she can get a third Fiend, or a third Spell card. Then she'll sacrifice them all for either Raviel or Hamon. I can't let that happen.” Téa drew and gasped. That would help!
“I set one card facedown, and a monster in defense.” Téa said.
“Good. My turn! I play `Archfiend's Oath'! And next, I sacrifice Archfiend's Oath, Level Limit-Area B, and Two-Man Cell Battle!” The clouds behind Rochelle crackled as she held up her card. “Now I can play this! Come forth `Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder' (4000, 4000)!” A gigantic bolt of lightning struck the ground behind Rochelle, sending a blast of wind across the field. Téa stepped back as the monstrous golden skeleton appeared in the bolt, rearing its head back to roar.
“Now I switch all my monsters into attack mode, and attack!” Hamon fired a bolt of black energy, destroying Nyan Nyan, while Archfiend Soldier and Fallen Angel sliced apart `Skelengel' (900, 400) and `Agent of Wisdom- Mercury' (0000, 1700). “And Hamon's special ability activates, doing more damage to you!”
 
-Téa: 7000, Rochelle: 7500-
 
“This ends now Rochelle.” Téa whispered. “I summon `Gemini Elf' (1900, 900), and activate my Trap `A Rival Appears'! Since Hamon is a 10 Star monster, now I can summon any 10 Star monster from my hand.”
“Please, I remember your cards.” Rochelle scoffed. “You don't have any 10 Star monsters!”
“Really?” Téa asked, holding up a blue card. “Then what do you call this?!? I invoke the powers of my Trap to call forth my newest monster!” Téa slapped her card onto her Duel Disk, and it began to crackle with energy. A large blue creature began to rise out of the ground behind Téa. Rochelle gaped and stepped back as the ground began to shake.
“No….that can't be! You can't possibly have that card!” She wailed. Téa narrowed her eyes as a gigantic blue figure rose behind her.
“Now Rochelle, I summon `Obelisk, the Tormentor' (4000, 4000)!” She yelled. Obelisk slammed its fists together and roared into the sky. The crowd erupted into a combination of screams, cheers, and gasps. Rochelle growled.
“How the hell did you get that card?” She demanded. The Eye of Anubis glowed on Téa's forehead.
“That doesn't matter, what matters is what this card is going to do!” She cried. Rochelle shook off her shock and sneered as the Eye of Anubis faded.
“So, it's a battle you want eh?” She laughed. “Fine, I'm up for it. Hamon versus Obelisk, Téa. Let's see how quickly I can make your creature crumble.”
“Or how quickly I can do the same to yours!” Téa countered. “I'll set one card face down and end my turn.” Rochelle nodded.
“Okay. I'll activate `Gift of the Martyr', and sacrifice my Archfiend Soldier to give his power to Hamon!” Hamon grabbed the Soldier and turned it into a purple mist, which flowed into Hamon's palm (5900, 4000).
“Activate `Double Spell'!” Téa commanded. “And I'll use it to copy your Gift of the Martyr!” Obelisk ensnared Nyan Nyan in its grasp and absorbed it (5900, 4000).
“You can't trump me forever.” Rochelle growled. “I set one card down, and play `Spell of Sanctity' to make us draw until we have 6 cards. Then I end my turn.” The power of Hamon and Obelisk dropped to normal as Téa drew.
“Okay. I'll play `Riryoku', which drains half of Hamon's strength and adds it to Obelisk for a turn.”
“And I'll counter with `Reverse Trap', to reverse all additions to attack power to decreases, and vice-versa!” Rochelle declared, playing the trap. Obelisk (2000) and Hamon (6000) faced off as their users weighed their options. With the two at equal strength, the only way to triumph was the best use of the cards in hand.
“I'll end my turn by setting a card, and my Spell loses its effect.” Téa muttered.
“Man, dis is bad.” Joey said. Yugi nodded.
“Yeah. Every time Téa or Rochelle plays a card, the other has a counter ready. These two have dueled so much they know each other's strategies by heart. Both of them will have to think up some new tricks to win.” Rochelle drew.
“I'll play `Graceful Charity', and draw 3 cards to discard 2. And the monster I'm discarding is called `Sword of Soul' (0000, 1900), which increases a monster's attack by 1000 when I send it to the Graveyard. Now Obelisk will fall!”
“Not yet! Activate `Robbing the Fresh Grave!” Téa shouted. “This card activates whenever you discard a Monster card, and lets me call that monster to my field before you discard it. Hamon's attack stays the same.” The glowing black sword appeared on Téa's field as both Hamon and Obelisk remained at 4000 points. Rochelle smirked.
“I'm getting bored with this.” She yawned. “And you know what? You may have an Egyptian God card, but I have 3 Legendary Demons. So guess what: if need be, I can afford to lose one!” Téa gasped as she realized what Rochelle was going to do. “Hamon, attack Obelisk! Black Thunder Claw!” Hamon's claw crackled with dark electricity as it flew into the air, diving at Obelisk with its claw outstretched.
“Obelisk, counter-attack! Fist of Fate!” Téa ordered. Obelisk threw out its hand and flew up to meet the attack. God and Demon clashed in midair, throwing a blinding explosion of light across Kaiba Land. Téa and Rochelle shielded their eyes as the two attacks canceled each other before the combined force exploded, sending a shockwave around the theme park. Téa and Rochelle were thrown back as Hamon and Obelisk exploded in a magnificent flash of light.
 
-Téa: 7000, Rochelle: 7500-
 
“Téa, are you alright?” Yugi cried, running to her.
“Hey boss, how ya feelin'?” Cyrus asked, as he and Dorien approached her.
“I'm…fine…” Téa muttered, climbing to her feet. Rochelle pushed Dorien and Cyrus away and stood up.
“Seems Obelisk bit the dust.” Rochelle coughed.
“So did Hamon.” Téa reminded her.
“Maybe, but I have plenty of other monsters ready to go. That includes Uria and Raviel. I just have to draw them.” Rochelle replied.
“I have monsters that can beat them. I came here to win Rochelle, and that's what I plan to do.” Téa said, crossing her arms.
“Just try it Gardner. I'll set a card and end my turn.” Téa bit her lip.
I have to draw Slifer or Ra soon, before she draws her next Demon. She was willing to send Hamon into a kamikaze strike against Obelisk, and if she has to, I know she'll do the same thing to Uria and Raviel.” “I set a monster in defense, and one card face down. That will end my turn.” She said. Rochelle drew and smiled.
“This is it Téa. I activate `Lullaby of Obedience'! At a cost of 1000 Life Points, this lets me take any card I want from your deck. And the card I'll take is your `Quick-Draw Trap' Spell card!” Téa gasped. That card let Rochelle set 3 Traps directly from her deck! She was planning to summon Uria right away!
“Here!” Téa yelled, flinging the card across the field. Rochelle snatched it out of the air and slipped it into her hand.
“Thanks. Next I summon `Sangan' (1000, 600), and play `Offerings to the Doomed' to destroy any monster on the field. And I choose…my Sangan!” The little Fiend screeched as Rochelle's spell destroyed it. “Sangan's special ability lets me select any monster from my deck with 1500 or fewer points, and place it in my hand. And I choose Uria!” Téa gasped.
“And now, I play `Quick-Draw Trap', and pay half my Life Points to set 3 Trap cards directly from my deck. And now, I sacrifice those traps for my next monster!” Rochelle played the card, and a red mist filtered into the air. “Say hello to my second Demon, `Uria, Lord of Searing Flames' (0000, 0000)!” The red mist solidified into a glowing red dragon, circling the sky above Rochelle.
 
-Téa: 7000, Rochelle: 3250-
 
“You have only 2 monsters between me and your Life Points! So once I clear the field, Uria can crush you. For since I have 4 Traps in my Graveyard, Uria now has 4000 points! Uria, Fallen Angel, attack!” Fallen Angel sliced apart Téa's facedown monster, as Uria's Flame Cannon destroyed Sword of Soul.
“You've triggered my trap `Soul Rope'!” Téa shouted. “Now I can pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon any 4 Star or lower monster from my deck. And I choose `The Agent of Life-Venus'. And there's more. The monster you destroyed was my own Sangan, and I'll get a monster into my hand, same as you.” Téa choose her monster and took a breath.
“It doesn't matter. Soon you'll be crushed once again Gardner! The time has come for the Queen of Games to take her place on her throne!” Rochelle laughed. “You may have defeated Hamon, but Uria will crush you! Prepare yourself for defeat!”
 
OC Cards
 
Fallen Angel
4 Star LIGHT Fairy
ATK: 1400
DEF: 1900
 
Once during the current duel, when this monster I destroyed as a result of battle, you may discard 1 card to Special Summon this monster, swapping its ATK and DEF. If Special Summoned by this effect, this monster is now a DARK Fiend.
 
Robbing the Fresh Grave
Trap
You may only activate this card when your opponent discards a monster card from their hand via a card effect. That monster is instead Special Summoned to your side of the field.
 
Quick-Draw Trap
Pay half your Life Points to select up to 3 Trap cards from your deck, and Set them on the field. You may not activate those Trap cards until your End Phase next turn.