Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ assassin ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here we go on with the Fic!!! By the way I'm Serie right now but that will all change!!!!

Those once bright eyes holding only joy and love now so filled with hatred looked into the depths of the lake beneath. Crystalline tears slipped from brilliant violet orbs, only to be wiped away violently. Yugi mentally hit himself, tears were signs of a weakness, and he had learned that long ago when he had had them.

A loud clap of thunder signified the quickening pace of rain; it was about time he got back to the hotel.

It had been four years since he had seen Yami, or any of his `friends' for that matter. He was 18 now. Living a whole new life, trying to forget the past events of the day so long ago.

Flashback

A fourteen-year-old Yugi ran as fast as his short legs could carry him, his breath coming in short gasps. He could feel the muscles in his calves burning. Not for the first time he was running late for school, it happened almost every day now. He seemed to be getting more and more tired as time went by. Yami now resorted to awakening him in the mornings; the alarm just didn't work anymore.

// I told you; you should have gotten up earlier aibou. // The voice of his Yami said with annoyance in his mind. Sparking an unknown anger deep within Yugi's conscious.

/ If you had woken me earlier then just maybe I would have!! / Yami's eyes widened. His hikari had never yelled at him like that before! Even the tone of his voice was harsh!

Yugi, not wanting to talk with his darker side, blocked the link they shared. He felt no guilt. `What's wrong with me? I've never blocked Yami out completely!' A wave of anger, coming form seemingly nowhere. `Well he deserved it! It wasn't MY fault!'

In his rush Yugi failed to notice the car, going a little to fast for the city street, come straight towards him. He froze in fear, the car skidding across the pavement. Stopping only a mere five inches away from the panic stricken sophomore.

Blinking once or twice Yugi's legs gave out from beneath him; he stared stupidly at the ground until a shake of his shoulder caused his to jump slightly. The driver of the car, a young man with eyes as black as midnight, offered him a hand up.

He stood on shaky legs, threatening to give out again.

"Hey man, you ok?" Yugi was memorized by the voice, so smooth and deep.

"Y-yeah" He looked over the man with wide eyes, he was tall, probably 5'10. Wearing all black. His face was breath taking! He looked oddly like Malik, just different hair and eyes, all black. "I'm j-just a bit shocked"

"That's good, I would love to stay and chat but I've got to be going. Here's my card, maybe we can talk later?" After getting an affirmative he gave a wave and got back in his black sunfire GT.

After the car had speed off Yugi started running again.

********

Yugi ran out of his class, trying to catch up with the quickly retreating backs of his friends. The last few months they seemed to be getting more and more distant from him. Even Yami was starting to ignore to small angel.

Tea, Miho, Joey, and Tristan sat under a large oak tree talking quietly. Yugi walked from around to back side of the tree. That's when he heard it.

"I know. He's just so annoying!" That was Tea's voice!

"Why do we even hang around him?" This time it was Miho.

"Because of Yami you dolt!" Tea again. Are they talking about me? He wondered.

Yugi had had enough! "What are you guys talking about?!" He demanded walking out from behind the tree.

"You." Tea had just made it clear that he was the topic of their conversation.

Yugi took a step back. "Oh, did we hurt your feelings?" She continued, "Its about time you learned the truth little Yugi. Your nothing, a piece of trash. Not worthy of life." Tristan started to stand. "No Tristan, we agreed we had to tell him."

"Tell me what?"

"You are nothing but an annoyance. We were only your `friends' because we felt sorry for you! Your nothing but a weak midget!!" She all but yelled. Joey and Tristan's eyes narrowed in utmost anger. Yugi thinking they were directed towards him.

`So that's what they think of me…?' Yugi turned, unleashed tears in his eyes. He ran, unknowing to the voices of Tristan and Joey yelling in the distance. His heartbeat drowning out all other sounds. Each step he took made his muscles scream, he hated being so short.

He'd been running for an unknown amount of time. Sweat beaded down his face. Slowing down to a walk he looked around at his surroundings.

This was obviously the poor side of town. The old apartments were damaged. Dark alleyways littered the place. It was a perfect home to murders and raping. Yugi's hand unconsciously moved to his chest to hold the sennen item, finding it was not there.

`Where is it??!!' His eyes searched franticly around. It was nowhere in sight, he would have to go looking for it. Hopefully no one had taken the artifact.

He turned a corner coming to the entrance of an alley. A calloused hand grabbed his arm. Before he could scream his mouth was covered and shirt was tugged off. Yugi tried to run, only to have his head thrown into the brick wall. He felt the skin on the right side of his face tear. A fist slammed his head yet again to the wall, that's when darkness took him.

End flashback

Yugi shuddered under the remembrance of that day. The man, Boss, had found him later that day, raped and beaten. It was a quite funny, Boss happened to be the same person who had almost turned him into road kill. As it turned out Boss and his friends were passing threw Domino to finish a few assignments.

After telling Boss what was going on, they had just hit it off. Yugi, not knowing what he was getting himself into, agreed to leave with them to Canada. Not long after he found out why they were in Domino in the first place.

They were one of the highest ranked team of assassins in America, searching for one more man/woman to add to their team.

He was that person.