Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Back To Ancient Egypt ❯ The Scream and the Contest ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I took their smiles and I made them mine
I sold my soul just to hide the lie

Touzoku Ou groaned and rolled over, punching one of the pillows he was lying on. He was losing the battle of getting comfortable enough to get some rest, and it wasn't for a lack of trying.

During the day, it wasn't so bad. Other than his location and the constant pain, both mental and physical, which had managed to accumulate over the past month or so, it was almost bearable.

At night, when he was trying and failing to get a little sleep in this place that was still so unusual to him, it was nothing less than excruciating.

Rising to a half-sit, he glanced at his feet and kicked off his slippers. The soles of his feet were still tender, even now, from being burned a week before (and again, an Egyptian week is ten days).

Though, come to think of it, it was rather surprising that he even had any skin there: that particular torture had gone on until the skin had been burned off completely.

He half-scowled, half-cringed at the memory of that. It was only one of countless tortures he had suffered over the past month, the majority of which should have left him crippled for life.

After that little discussion a week ago that had actually gotten his feet burned (it wasn't his fault he was disobeying an order not to leave the palace! Atemu should have re-stated it after they got back from Kuru Eruna) he now had little or no doubt that Seth and Mariku had come of with at least a few hundred of them.

There had been at least a thousand.

Raising his hand, he grimaced at the memory of the anguish of getting every single bone in his body separated at the joint and then pushed back together-it had been almost a month ago, but the memory was still excruciating beyond belief.

And then Atemu had commanded him to walk back to the cell-every step had been sheer torture in and of itself, and he had collapsed the minute he entered the cell.

Same with getting the soles of his feet burned off, and several other punishments. Even he didn't have the capacity to go through all that without breaking down at least a little bit-for most of them, it had taken all of his effort not to scream.

He had probably lost consciousness a few times in them, but the excruciating pain made it impossible to remain unconscious for long.

In fact, the only good thing about having gone through so much anguish was that Atemu would have to run out eventually-that or one of the tortures would kill him.

Why do I let him do this to me? he wondered, for perhaps the millionth time. I was the most powerful man in Egypt, and I'm letting myself be reduced to this because of a bracelet? This suffering, this humiliation?

Why am I letting this happen?

He knew, of course, that he was being unfair to himself, but why not join the club? It was a pretty big club with quit a few members. Every single living being in the entire fucking world sounded about right.

Minus a few rats, maybe.

Fists clenching, he threw back his head and let out all his pent-up anguish in a ferocious scream that made the walls vibrate.

Had Atemu's command not to damage anything not still been in effect, that scream would have destroyed the entire palace.

As it was, it traveled through marble and concrete and iron and anything else separating him from Atemu-he knew this because the Pharaoh's mental voice immediately filled his head.

Was that you screaming?

Who, me? Touzoku Ou replied, trying to resist the urge to go up there and strangle him. Now, why would I have reason to be screaming? I think my life is going great, don't you?

There was a long pause, then Atemu asked, what kind of game are you playing?

I'm playing the 'Rock-is-too-hard-to-get-a ny-sleep-on-so-I'm-kind-of-pissed-at-the-moment Game,' he retorted, scowling. Go away.

Isn't this 'away' enough? Atemu replied, and Touzoku Ou could almost see his smirk. He wanted nothing more than to slap it away.

But really, you still haven't answered the game question.

You're the King of Games, surely you can figure it out, he replied, brows furrowing as he wondered what Atemu meant.

There was a pause, and suddenly he screamed as unexpected but by now sadly familiar anguish lanced through flesh and bone. Pressing his face against the pillow to stifle a second scream, he gasped for air.

I knew it! That wasyou screaming, wasn't it?

You know, the pain doesn't disappear just because your hand isn't on that feather, Touzoku Ou informed him without really knowing why. I still ache from the first time you used it.

The pause was longer this time. At last, Atemu replied with a single word that Touzoku Ou had inevitably seen coming: so?

So while you're taking your sweet time on killing me and having the time of your life torturing me, I am dying. You may not be aware of this, Your Royal Pain-In-The-Ass Highness, but you can't kill a dead man.

Now the pause lasted so long Touzoku Ou wondered if he had gone back to sleep. Just when he was about to return to trying to sleep himself, Atemu replied, sounding a bit peeved, it isn't my fault the country is at war.

Umm, yes it is. You're the Pharaoh. It's your country.

They started it. Touzoku Ou snorted-he sounded like a little kid who had been in an argument with a brother or sister.

Uh-huh. And I should care, why? he retorted, choosing not to refer to him as a little kid for sake of rapidly deteriorating personal health.

Suddenly, without warning, he heard his mother's words: "I cannot, it is true, ask you to forget. What I do ask you to do is free yourself of the hatred and bitterness that has controlled you for so long. You deserve to love,my son, and be loved in return."

Did he, though? Did he deserve love, of her or anyone? Or was it just the belief of a caring mother? He didn't truly know.

He would never know.

But now I see what I really am
A thief, a whore, and a liar

***

I'm numb to you-numb and deaf and blind
You give
me all but the reason why

Atemu jerked up at the sound of a hideous scream that made him shudder in fear. He hadn't been able to sleep anyway, but he was sure anyone who had managed to would have been woken by that scream anyway. It didn't sound human. It did sound familiar. In fact, it sounded like…

Without really thinking about it, he sent out his energy to find Touzoku Ou. It was surprisingly easy. Was that you screaming?

There was a pause, and he wondered if his message hadn't gotten through. But then Touzoku Ou's voice came through, heavy with sarcasm and bitterness.

Who, me? Now, why would I have reason to be screaming? I think my life is going great, don't you?

Atemu's fists clenched, and he internally cursed how easy it was for his captive to get under his skin. It was impossible to know what was going through the his head at the moment, though Atemu highly doubted that it was particularly pleasant.

He recalled earlier conversations with Touzoku Ou, pretty much scanning through the entire month he had held the white-haired bandit prisoner.

It was always impossible to know what was going on in his head, and Atemu's frustration wasn't helping him figure it out.

What kind of game are you playing?

I'm playing the 'Rock-is-too-hard-to-get-a ny-sleep-on-so-I'm-feeling-kind-of-pissed-at-the-moment Game.' Go away.

Atemu glanced around and thought of the cell Touzoku Ou was in. Isn't this away enough? he asked, smirking slightly. But really, you still haven't answered the game question.

You're the King of Games, surely you can figure it out, came the immediate and sadly expected retort.

Atemu paused for a moment, trying to figure out what to do. His mind offered him no answer, so he went with a practiced tactic-touching the pain-feather.

Immediately he heard another scream similar to the first. I knew it! He thought, triumphant. That wasyou screaming, wasn't it?

You know, the pain doesn't disappear just because your hand isn't on that feather. I still ache from the first time you used it.

Atemu's blood went cold for some reason. He had, of course, assumed that the pain vanished once the feather wasn't being touched. But, considering, he supposed it made sense. When somebody drops a slab on your leg, the slab being removed doesn't mean the bone isn't still broken.

But why did Touzoku Ou tell him that? Surely Touzoku Ou wasn't aware of the fact that Atemu was in love with him. So? he asked.

So while you're taking your sweet time on killing me and having the time of your life torturing me, I am dying. You may not be aware of this, Your Royal Pain-In-The-Ass Highness, but you can't kill a dead man.

Atemu stiffened, remembering the warnings from both Akunadin and Seth. He was rather irritated by the 'time of your life' thing. Sure, the first twenty or so times out of a thousand he had enjoyed the cruel and unusual punishments he and (more often) Seth and Mariku had come up with.

But when Touzoku Ou didn't even scream half the time, it kind of lost its satisfaction.

It isn't my fault the country is at war, he protested, though he felt like a liar. Why would a war make it impossible to kill a guy but not impossible to torture him.

Umm, yes it is. You're the Pharaoh. It's your country.

They started it, Atemu replied, and immediately felt stupid. He sounded like a stupid little kid who had been arguing with his siblings.

He waited for Touzoku Ou to taunt him for this, but all he said was Uh-huh. And I should care, why?

Atemu feeling more than a little bit lost at this point, having no idea what to say. Suddenly, as if whispered into his ear, he heard his father's words again:

"He does not deserve his lot in life. He does not deserve to be the Destroyer, does not deserve anything that has happened to him. If you peel away the darkness, you will find a pure heart. If you washed away the hatred, you would see a lost child. Look closely, my son. Someday you may see someone you know."

Gulping, Atemu closed the link. It was hard enough to sleep already.

I reach but I feel only air at night
Not you, not love, just nothing

***

Aishisu felt refreshed and a little giddy as she left the boys' room the next morning. Though that scream had ruined things a bit, that had easily been one of the best nights of her life.

The boys had decided to have a little sexual contest, and at least half of them Aishisu had been able to participate in.

Seth had already warned her that Mariku would probably be best at just about everything. Surprisingly, this didn't bother him-he said, quite frankly, that it's best if your partner is the sex god: then you get to be on the receiving end of the skill.

He had been right. The first contest, oral, Aishisu had come in last place and Seth in second. Of course, she wasn't surprised Mariku and Seth could give each other so much pleasure-they had been together long enough that they knew every nuance of each other's preferences, and besides they were men and knew what men liked.

It also made sense that Mariku could give her more pleasure than Seth-Mariku had been Seth's first love, Mariku had been with three women and one man before him.

Seth, surprisingly, had been better at Mariku hand-wise, though Mariku still beat Aishisu-again, he knew all the right places to touch, and all her knowledge was second-hand.

The better-penetrator thing she couldn't compete in. Mariku had won, though Seth protested that it was because he had a bigger cock. He was probably right.

Aishisu had won the best-bottom contest, though Seth complained that she was biologically built to be a better bottom. Instead of Aishisu and Seth being fucked by Mariku, then Mariku and Aishisu by Seth, it was only Mariku fucking both of them.

He refused to bottom, though why Aishisu would never know. She assumed it was a man thing. Seth preferred bottoming, though he still enjoyed being top. And Aishisu…well, she didn't have a choice in the matter and was fine with it.

There had also been a masturbation contest-one for who could orgasm faster, one that Aishisu predictably lost because she couldn't prove it and biologically men are easier to bring to orgasm that woman, and one for who could make the sight more erotic.

Mariku had won the first-Seth mentioned that he always orgasmed first, because he was so much easier to turn on. But, like the skill thing, he said they had the better deal: if you take a longer time to orgasm, that means you have more time to actually experience pleasure. Aishisu agreed.

In telling erotic stories she had won-surprising to them, but not to her. In her time, once they became a tv show, teenagers started writing stories about them-a lot of them pornographic. And, once she hit her thirties, Isis (Aishisu) had started reading them for lack of better things to do.

The erotic stories had fallen into six categories. Each time their subject had been Touzoku Ou and Atemu, a pairing which the three of them had found arousing as well as amusing. For each category, they had one story with Touzoku Ou dominant and one with Atemu dominant (orally, dominant meant the one giving the blow job.)

Here were the categories, and the winners:

Oral: Aishisu for both
Anal: Aishisu for Touzoku Ou dominant, Seth for Atemu dominant
Both: Aishisu for both
Bondage, oral: Mariku for Touzoku Ou dominant, Aishisu for Atemu dominant
Bondage, anal: Aishisu for Touzoku Ou dominant, Seth for Atemu dominant
Bondage, both: Aishisu for both

Mariku had only done well in one story, but he protested that he was better at doing than saying-while Seth never shut up. The Aishisu thing, as I mentioned, had surprised both of them.

Either way, Aishisu didn't mind that all she had won was the storytelling: Seth was right, it was better to be on the receiving end of two sex gods than to be the sex goddess.

Who said men had to have all the fun?

***

Bakura's fists clenched as he watched Touzoku Ou tumble into a heap on the stone and pillows, weeping softly. His coat was coming off slightly, and scars were visible on his back. For most, it would be impossible to accurately figure out what in Hell was going to his head.

Bakura did not count in the category of 'most.'

For over a week, he had been watching this and assessing everything that was going on. Every day Atemu called Touzoku Ou, either for an inquiry that lead to a massive argument or just to torture him-and, I might want to add, literally.

Day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day he watched Touzoku Ou suffer, before walking back to his cell as if nothing were wrong and collapsing onto the ground in tears. And frankly, he was fed up.

He and Yu-Gi-Oh had agreed not to get involved any more than necessary, in case they cause irreversible trouble. But he could only take so much. Touzoku Ou was him, or had been, and he was not particularly fond of himself.

But with the discovery of his true powers, destiny, and identity (again, you aren't supposed to understand what the fuck I'm talking about. I need reviews to be given the incentive to explain) had come the truth that he was the only being on Earth that could truly judge something with complete and utter justice.

And, no other item or being in the universe could truly judge something justly-even the Millennium Scales or the gods could not, no matter what anybody said.

And he knew there was nothing just about what happened to Touzoku Ou, and this knowledge made it nothing less than unbearable to watch Touzoku Ou suffering-and it would have been just as bad even if he didn't know that Touzoku Ou's death would mean the end of the world. (Again, not supposed to understand)

And his knowledge, not of justice but of Touzoku Ou himself, also gave him the awareness that the courage and hatred Touzoku Ou seemed to radiate were false: he had lost all hope, all will, without even the sheer hatred that had kept him alive when he should have taken a knife and slit his throat as any normal person would do.

Bakura knew all too well just how horrible a feeling that was.

And so, burning with and a fury that was in fact just, he made a brash decision-though less brash than other decisions considering how long he waited before being fed up.

If he couldn't talk to Touzoku Ou while he was in this state, he would bring the discussion directly to Atemu. And he wasn't in the mood for a nice, calm discussion: he wanted blood.

***

Priestess: Bwah. Bwah ha. Ha ha. Ha-ha-ha. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! *Chokes and curses* Damn! All this evil laughter is hard on your throat!
How's that for a cliffie for you? Now, let's have a vote! Should there be a lemon? With who? Oral or anal? More angst or less?