Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Battles Thru Time ❯ All new highs ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An: Well damn I don't think I have written this much in over a year. How yall like it so far. Well we have come up to the dreaded college part. I am going to fast track thru it like I did with grandpa's funeral. If I did not this story would never end and never get to the good stuff. There is not much more than that. However, like once a chapter you will see a vague or depending on my mood a clear view into the past.

~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~ :::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~::: ~:::~:::~:::~

Battles Thru Time

Chapter 4: All new highs

By Cascade Illusions

Last Revised: July 12, 2003

~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~ :::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~::: ~:::~:::~:::~

School did indeed start even though neither infant cared in the least. Both Kayla and Adam kept their respective parents up at all hours of the night for the first few months. After about the age of three months they had finally started sleeping thru the night with only a feeding at three in the morning. When asked why they were doing this all the doctors could say that is was due to the stress they endured during their first few weeks. Just into the third week of school Ryou's daughter Milia was born. She was a healthy baby at 8lbs 7oz. Bakura shocked everyone when he was acting a bit maternal towards the little girl. About four days after Milia was born Duke's girlfriend gave birth to his son Jackson. She however, died due to shock caused by chronic blood loss after Jackson tore her coming out.

A beautiful funeral had been held in the Cherry Hill cemetery just fifteen plots over from where Yugi's grandpa had been buried. Things went on from there with everyone being full time college students. During the day Yami worked in the game shop tending Kayla while Yugi went to school. Yugi was able to come home for a long lunch to spend time with Kayla as well as clean the house while Yami was in the shop. This went on till about Yugi's third year of college. Since all the children were three years old, Duke, Ryou, Yami and Yugi decided to put the children in a learning center that was like a daycare, but was meant to prepare them for preschool. Kaiba being like he was decided that his son had to have nothing but the best and had him taught at home.

Ryou managed to get a job at Duke's game store and was able to bring Milia along with him seeing as Duke set up a play area for them in the corner of the store so he could work and watch Jackson. Despite having the children everyone managed to keep good grades as well as meet socially. Sometimes brining the children along and sometimes not. When the children turned four they were all enrolled in pre-school while their parents went to their last year of college. Ryou was getting a degree in publishing, Joey was going into graphics making since he liked to paint and figured this could not be any harder, Tristan was working at Industrial Illusions instead of college. Seto had bought it out after Pegasus died. Tea had decided to drop out of school and head off to New York to become a dancer. Duke got a degree in business management to help benefit the store. Yugi of course followed in his grandfather's footsteps and was becoming an archeologist. As college was coming to an end everyone started pulling apart moving into their new lives. Yugi managed to graduate with honors despite Kayla interference on his sleep and study time.

Yugi finally realized what Kaiba meant when Yugi could help him when Kaiba came by the shop with a very sturdy Adam in his wake. Kayla took Adam by the hand and led him over to her play area in the corner of the game shop as their parents talked. Seto had made himself very clear. He would pay for Yugi to go to Egypt and find him information on the so-called Shadow Games. He mentioned that area that Sugoroku mention when he talked about the puzzle. After talking it out with Yami and hammering out all the details with Kaiba, Yugi agreed. Yugi added the request of teaching materials so they could teach Kayla so she would not grow up dumb. Seto agreed. So now Yugi was going to a new place and Yami was returning home.

"Are you sure about this Yami. This is a huge step for you going back to your homeland." Yugi said packing yet another suitcase. "Thank Ra Seto is flying us over their on his jet. Though it is still puzzling over how nice he is becoming." Yugi's thought leaked over to Yami.

"No Aibou Kaiba is the same bastard we know. He just has his own way of doing things. To answer your question for the billionth time, yes I am sure about this." Yami wrapped his arms around his lover kissing his neck. He looked up when he heard a shriek come from Kayla's room. Running in they found one of the most hilarious scenes ever. Kayla had apparently been trying to pack her own suitcase. In her efforts she knocked it over and its contents were now laying all over her in a pile.

"Oh sweet heart, you should have waited for us to help you. Though I appreciate it." Yugi was trying not to laugh.

"Not funny daddy." Kayla pouted from under the pile of clothes. Yami looked all over her pink colored room to see it is disarray. Kayla had pulled everything thing out of her laved her yellow flower covered drawers; everything was missing from the shelves in the closet. Yami just shock his head at her enthusiasm. She was just a bit hurt to be leaving her friends, but was more hurt by having to leave Adam. She had developed a strange bond with the youngest Kaiba.

"How about Yami helps you finish your packing while I go finish ours." He and Yami agreed to have her call him father and Yami by his name as to not confuse her more than she already would be. She knew he and Yami slept in the same bed. For someone so small she seemed to understand why and never questioned it.

"Okie daddy." Kayla's cute little baby voice came from under the pile as she tired to shake herself loose. Yami moved forward to help her as Yugi moved back to their room to pack the last suitcase they would need. Somehow Kaiba was able to get a small house next to the dig site, so they could dig all year long not having to be restricted to the digging season. They were going to the place where Sugoroku had gone and found the puzzle. Yugi was not exactly sure where the tomb was, but he had a bit to go on as to the general direction. That general direction is where Kaiba was having a little one-story house built that would have two bedrooms, a study, a spacious kitchen, a living room, and a dining room. They would also be provided with transportation to get back and forth to town for food and supplies. Kaiba was also giving Yugi the latest technology for this expedition. Yugi turned his head from his packing when he heard a happy squeal.

"DADDY!! Daddy I'm all done!" Kayla screeched at the top of her lungs as she ran into the room with Yami behind her shaking his head. Yugi caught her as she launched herself at him.

"Kayla what have I told you about yelling in the house and turning yourself into a flying object?" Yugi hugged her as he scolded her lightly.

"Not ta yell `less at parties or ta annoy Yami… No flyin' objects `cause I could get hurt." She turned her chibi eyes at her father.

"Such a smart little girl you are. How about for dinner since I am tired from packing we go to The Discovery Zone." Yami cringed. He hated that place. It was far too nosy for his taste. But Kayla loved the place.

"Pwease can we go?"

"Yes sweetie we can. Go get your shoes on." As soon as Yugi let her down she was off to go get her shoes on.

"Yugi is this wise?" Yami whined at his lover.

"This is the last time she will see it. She might be too big for it when we return Yami, you know that." Yugi pulled his jacket off the bed.

"Yes I know. I am grateful Joey can keep the store open while we are gone. This way we have a home for when we come back." Yami followed Yugi out of the room as they both followed their giggling daughter. Grabbing her hands Yugi lead her out onto the sidewalk as Yami locked the door. Together all three of them made their way to The Discovery Zone.

~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~ :::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~::: ~:::~:::~:::~

The Kaiba Mansion

"Daddddddddddy" Adam wailed at his father trying to get his attention. It did not work. His father was to emerged in his latest project that he was forgetting he had a son. Decided that this was a time for desperate measures Adam walked over to the wall and pulled the charger plug for Seto's laptop out of the wall cutting the power off to the computer.

"Adam what did you do that for? I was working on something very important!" Seto almost roared at his son. Adam merely crossed his arms unfazed.

"I'm not important?" The perceptive little boy asked his father whose face fell at his son's question. Seto got up and gathered Adam in his arms.

"I am so sorry Adam. It's just this project is demanding." Seto rubbed Adam's back as he looked around his expansive study that has a desk for him, a tiny desk for Adam to color and play at. A large TV for Adam to watch cartoons or watch Mokuba play video games; a mini play area was to the right behind Seto's desk along with mini furniture for Adam. A couch and a love seat finished out the white room with lush deep blue carpet.

"Can we go to The Discovery Zone daddy Pleasssssssssse?" Adam turned his sea blue eyes on his father who could not resist them.

"Very well Adam. Let's go find your shoes." Seto let the little boy down who ran away to find his shoes." A few minutes later Adam came in with his feet clad in sneakers. "I'm ready daddy" Adam announced as he watched Seto put on his white duster.

"Well lets go then." Seto ushered Adam out to the Limo telling the driver to take them to The Discovery Zone. He popped a few aspirin on the way their knowing he would have a head ache.

~:::~

"YAAAAAAAAAAY" Kayla screamed, as she pulled free of her dad and Yami. They both looked up and saw a black limo. They knew Adam was there.

"Kayla wait up!!" Yugi screamed as he ran after her as she ran into The Discovery Zone. A place that was a kid's fun zone. It has a huge ball pit; a moon jumping area, a mountain to climb, a baby guy area with smaller toys. It has a tube maze that was made of tubes that turned and shifted all over the place. There were a few other games to play, a zip line and jungle gym type made of springing ropes. After Kayla ran in she looked for the familiar brown head of her best friends father. Spotting Seto she started to run towards him and Adam. Once spotting Adam she ran over and tackled him to the ground in a big bear hug. Adam in turn hugged back and laughed. "If Kayla is here then Yugi and Yami must not be far behind." True enough both came running in looking for Kayla who now had released Adam and joined him in the ball pit.

"Well looks like we can't keep those two apart" Seto was slightly amused at the kids antics as he watched them fall into the ball pit with just their legs sticking out. The ball pit had all colors of the rainbow with a few odd neon colors thrown in.

"As soon as she saw the limo she took off like he butt was on fire." Yami was still trying to catch his breath.

"I am going to go order the pizza and get Kayla her nachos. I still wish you had not gotten her hooked on those Yami." Yami shrugged as he sat a few tables from Kaiba while the pizza was being made. Adam and Kayla munched on nachos in between trips into the ball pit and thru the tube maze. After the pizza arrived Kayla sat down and Seto even let Adam sit with Kayla to eat the pizza; Yami thought it was to avoid a temper tantrum Adam was know for if he and Kayla were in the same place and he was kept away. After eating the kids played about an hour longer before each parent saying it was time for bed.

"Come on Kayla, we have to do the very last of our packing. For tomorrow." Yugi picked up his sleepy daughter.

"I gonna miss you Kayla." Adam started to cry. Seto rolled his eyes heaven ward as he carried his son to the limo. `This is going to be a long night' Seto thought as he sat with a crying Adam. Meanwhile Yami was holding a crying Kayla as they entered the game shop and went upstairs. They bathed and dressed Kayla for bedtime, then after reading her, her bedtime story Yami made his way to his room to find Yugi already sleeping on the bed. Yami shut off the light and climbed into bed dreading the long day tomorrow.

~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~ :::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~:::~::: ~:::~:::~:::~

Departure day: in the morning

"Joey are you sure you are going to be ok?" Yugi asked again not sure about leaving everything he knew.

"Don't worry about it Yug. The game shop will be in good hands. Dat I can tell ya." Joey tired to reassure his friend as he Duke, Ryou, Joey, Tristan, Milia, and Jackson hugged Yami, Yugi and Kayla goodbye as they left off on their trip. They had asked for Seto to not come due to the fact it would be too hard on Kayla and Adam.

"If blondie needs any help I can help him out. I wont let the game shop get closed down Yugi." Duke spoke up.

"Thank you very much Duke that means a lot to me, Yami, and Kayla." Yami walked up to them.

"Time for us to Yugi." Yami gripped his aibou's arms lightly.

"Very well. Good-bye you guys. See you in a few years." Yugi said as he waved disappearing into the tunnel to the private airplane Seto was providing.

"I hope it is only a few years." Joey muttered to himself knowing he would miss his best friend a lot.

"We all hope that Joey." Ryou spoke up as he picked up Milia.

"Daddy I'm hungry." Jackson whined as he looked up thru his shaggy black hair at his dad.

"No whining Jackson. How about we go feed these two." Duke looked at the group as they nodded their heads.

/I am going to miss them so much Yami./ Yugi let his sorrow fill their link.

//I know you do Yugi. I feel the same way. Kayla already misses Adam.//

/Yes she does. Do you know why they are like that?/

//In Egypt they believed in reincarnation. Maybe they knew each other in another life time.// Yami thought about those gauntlets again. He had inspected them once since that first night. He got the some feeling of rage and hatred. He concluded from looking at them and was positive they were from his time before he was sealed in the puzzle.

~:::~

Outside of Luxor Egypt.

"Well Kayla here is our new home for the next few years." Yugi looked over the sound, the cliffs, and the bright white and blue house that stood over looking the Valley of the Kings.

"Ish this your home Yami?" Yami chuckled.

"It was a very long time ago Kayla… a very long time." Yugi took her hand as they walked to their new home to check it out before unloading their jeep.