Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Life ❯ Last Wish ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ria: Hey, well here it is. The next chapter is up and ready to go.
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh. I do own Kairi and Kokoro Koubashii.
~~~
Bloody Life
Chapter 4: Last Wish
 
Seto and Kairi made it to the gate, of the mansion, in record time. Thinking no one would see the two lovers share one last kiss. As they broke apart the gate swung inward, opening. Kokoro was standing right before them. Atemu stood off to the side leaning against the gate since this was not his problem…yet. Irritated Kokoro shouted, “What is going on!” Seto steps in front of Kairi, “Something you cannot accept.” Kokoro snarls and lungs at Seto. Kairi steps into the road while the two vampires hit the ground struggling. Seto was trying to just push Kokoro off while Kokoro was trying to rip Seto's throat out. Claws barely nicked Seto's neck. Seto then shoved Kokoro. Both stood back up ready to either attack or defend. Kairi backed up into the farthest lane and yelled, “Stop it Kokoro! I love him.” Kokoro snarled at his younger sister, “You just met him! You can't be in love with him.” “Well I am and there's nothing you can do about it.” Kairi stated matter-of-factly.
That's when everything seemed to go in slow motion. Seto cried out, “Kairi, watch out!” But it was too late. The car hit Kairi at a high speed. She went across the top of the car and landed in the street. Seto instantly ran over to Kairi and cradled her small fragile and crumpled body. As sobs escaped Seto Kokoro stood frozen in fright. “Seto.” The voice was small and weak but it was Kairi's. Within a second all three male vampires were around her listening intently. “Kokoro…do me…one last thing.” Kairi paused frequently and her breaths shallow. Kokoro bent down to her side, “Yes?” It didn't sound rushed but it seemed that Kairi was indeed rushing to get all the words out. “Brother…protect…and help…Atemu and…Seto.” Her chest rose and fell but sadly it didn't rise again.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Three days after Kairi died and was buried the three vampires sat around Atemu's dinning table. They had just finished lunch when Atemu decided step two of the plan should begin. Kokoro nodded, “Fine, I'll get one of my flunkies to go do the job and make it look like an accident.” Kokoro stood and disappeared out of the room. Seto stood and began walking out of the room. Atemu spoke sharply, “Where are you going?” Seto turned around and glared at Atemu. His glare was full of ice and sadness. “Out,” Was all Seto said before he was gone as well. Atemu just sighed heavily and shook his head.
A matter of minutes after Seto left Kokoro returned and stood in the doorway. Kokoro's tone was full of hate, “Where did that mistake of yours run off to?” “Seto left for a little while, that's all.” Atemu reassured calmly. That night Atemu and Kokoro sat up planning. At night, about half past ten Seto came in. He went to walk straight up the stairs when Atemu called for him to sit down. Seto complied and sat down at the table. Atemu turns to Kokoro, “Has the `accident' been planned?” Kokoro grins, “It's all set. Once the man goes up to his office and he's alone he accidentally falls out the glass windows.” “Good, then it's all set,” Atemu faces Seto, “What's wrong? Tell me and I can most likely help you.” Seto glares at Atemu, “There's nothing you can do.” “You are such a cry-baby,” Kokoro growls, “You didn't lose your sister. You have no reason to be so cold.” Seto slams his hands on the table and stands up. “You know what Kokoro, maybe you are to controlling. Just because you are the `head' vampire heredoesn't mean shit. Why don't you just kill me, huh?” Kokoro replies barely above a whisper, “Kairi told me to keep you safe. I honor her last wish.”
After a few moments of silence Atemu coughs so that the two sorrow filled vampires look his way. “Ok Seto, Kokoro has a right to be that way because he lost his sister. Kokoro, Seto lost his lover. The losses are equally terrible so get over the hatred you both have.” Atemu faces Seto, “Now Seto, tell me, have you had any dreams? I believe you figured out the concept that vampires can actually sleep.”