Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Life ❯ First Kiss ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yami/Rea: Well, I'm so glad I could get this chapter up. I have so many ideas I want to get out into the open. So here we go.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh! I do own Kari and Kokoro.
 
Bloody Life
Chapter 9: First Kiss
 
Kokoro looks at Seto stunned. “Seto…what exactly do you mean?” Seto hangs his head, “Not to sure…but I want to find out soon.” Kokoro stands, “Well get some rest. I'll be back in the morning to…help you okay?” Seto nods and Kokoro leaves and goes to bed. Seto sighs deeply and attempts to go to sleep.
 
The next morning is quiet when Kokoro gets up. The vampire yawned and got dressed for the long day ahead. When Kokoro walked into Seto's room he is surprised to see Seto up. Seto stood at the foot of his bed wearing dark blue jeans and a pair of socks, while he attempted to put on a black t-shirt. But Seto appeared to be having trouble getting the shirt on. So, Kokoro chuckled and walked over to Seto and helped him get the shirt on. Seto's cheeks tinted pink, “Thanks Kokoro, um...could you help me get downstairs without falling?” Kokoro appeared confused, “Why, you're not going to work?” Seto started to the door, “I know but I refuse to stay in here all day.” Kokoro nodded, “Seto…a doctor who is a friend of mine will be here shortly. Just to let you know.” Seto shrugs, “Are you going to help or not?” Kokoro couldn't help but laugh.
 
But things don't go quite as planned. Going down the stairs proved to be a difficult task because Seto had to move a little slower. As they neared the end Kokoro felt optimistic. That is till Seto missed a step. Seto fell into Kokoro and they tumbled to the landing at the bottom of the stairs. Kokoro groaned as he opened his eyes. A small blush crept onto Kokoro's face. As they had fallen Kokoro had attempted to catch Seto. But Seto ended up lying on top of Kokoro and wrapped in his arms. Embarrassed, Seto blushed as well, “S-Sorry about that.” Just then the front door opened and Atemu appeared next to them. Atemu smirks, “Well, well, well, look what we have here. Don't you two make a cute couple?” Both vampires' blushes deepened as they stood up. Kokoro coughed, “Atemu, it's not what you think.” Atemu smirked again, “Then why do you both look like a couple of tomatoes?” Hoping to change the subject Seto spoke up, “Um…shouldn't we discuss this?” Kokoro and Atemu nodded and led Seto into the living room.
 
A few moments later Dr. Matt Somi came and looked over Seto's condition. Matt then pulls out a fine black ribbon. Matt speaks to Kokoro, “For the next three days Seto is to keep the ribbon on at all times. I'll give you two just in case.” Kokoro nods and Matt ties the ribbon around Seto's eyes. Atemu speaks up, “But why are his eyes like that?” Matt shrugs, “I'm not to sure. Maybe it has something to do with what he experienced while in that condition…but it's not permanent.” Seto sighs, “That's good…if you don't mind I'm going to get something to drink.” Kokoro immediately stood and followed in suit. Both matt and Atemu stood and shook hands. Atemu sighs, “This is going to be a long three days.” Matt chuckled and left. “Kokoro, Seto I'm leaving!” Atemu called. Kokoro's okay drifted to Atemu's ears and satisfied the vampire left.
 
~~~~~~
 
Atemu stepped into his office to be greeted by a cheerful Yugi. Atemu eyes Yugi suspiciously, “What's going on?” Yugi smiles, “Nothing, why would you think that?” Yugi carelessly trips over the edge of the desk and Atemu runs over to catch him. They stand back up and Atemu chuckles, “You should be more careful.” Yugi just smiles, “We should get to work.” Suddenly Yugi looked up, “Atemu, would you like to go out to lunch with me?” Atemu smiles, “I would like that very much.”
 
~~~~~
 
Seto walked out of the kitchen and began up the stairs. Knowing the mansion by heart Seto slipped into his room then into the adjoining bathroom. Seto turned the water on and slipped into a small bubble bath. While downstairs Kokoro put everything back in place. When Kokoro turned around he saw an empty chair where Seto use to be. Kokoro groaned and raced upstairs. Kokoro swung the bathroom door open to see Seto standing over the tub, turning the water off, with a towel around his waist. Seto's frame straightened and spun around, “Kokoro, is that you?” Without replying Kokoro slipped back out the door and sat on the floor by the now closed bedroom door. Kokoro's heartbeat raced…well you know…as he tried to get the thoughts out of his head. “Could it be that I'm falling for him?” Kokoro muttered to himself as he waited patiently for Seto to come out.
 
Seto walked back into his room. He had been sure that the presence was Kokoro. But he decided to not press the matter. After all he wasn't even sure how he felt about the older vampire. But there was one thing he did know…and it was that he needed to talk to Atemu and soon. Once again dressed Seto opened the dor and fell over Kokoro and into his lap. Kokoro gasped, “Sorry I guess I shouldn't have sat so close to the door.” “Don't worry about it,” Seto half-smiles. Kokoro slips his arms around Seto and picks him up bridal style. Automatically Seto threw his arms around Kokoro's neck, “What are you doing?” Kokoro smirks, “Well, so we don't tumble down the stairs, I'll carry you.” Kokoro eased down the stairs and sat Seto on the living room couch with himself next to Seto.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Atemu and Yugi walked to the nearest burger place. After the food was ordered Atemu and Yugi sat in a booth across from each other. Yugi smiles softly, “So how's Mr. Kaiba doing?” Atemu leans back, “Good, he should be back Monday.” Yugi nods and the waitress sets their food down in front of them. Once they finished Atemu and Yugi slowly began their walk back to work. Nearing the tall building Yugi began crossing the street. Atemu looked to see a car speeding toward them. Atemu dashed over to Yugi and pushes him over to the sidewalk and into an alley. Atemu held Yugi in his arms against the wall of the alley.
 
Yugi looks up at Atemu, “Thank you for saving me.” Atemu smiles, “Don't worry about it.” Yugi shakes his head, “No, I'm in your debt.” Atemu leans his head down< “Consider your debt paid,” and captures Yugi's lips.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
They had sat in silence for a good ten minutes. That is till the silence was to much to bear. Kokoro spoke up, “So what did you see while you were like that?” Seto sighs, “I knew you would ask. But if I tell you…you just might kill me.” Kokoro chuckles, “I promise I won't.” Seto rolls hi eyes and takes a deep breath, “I relived my life…well…err...my past life.” Kokoro nods, “So, what did you find out?” Seto half-smiles, “Okay well to start Kari…whoever…wasn't my first choice. But I'll get to that in a minute. But you were there.” Seto took another deep breath, “You had been there when it all happened and everyone died. I found you and…you did something to me before you died.”
 
Kokoro sat there stunned as he absorbed all of the information. Kokoro blinked, “What did I do?” Before Kokoro could even register what Seto began to do, Seto's lips crashed into Kokoro's. As Seto pulled away Kokoro touched his lips, “Is that what I did?” Seto just nodded, “I know you probably want to hit me already, but I was in love with you back then…and I think I am now.” Kokoro stared, “Stand…” Thinking he knew what was coming Seto stood as well as Kokoro. Kokoro then walked up to Seto.