Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ BMTL: Kindred Cards ❯ Another Bout Between Dragons ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"WHEEE!" Cried Azalea (dragon-form) as she slid up and down the hallway on her stomach. In the living room, Rochelle focused on her make-up work. She hadn't been back to school since she return to her human form; she didn't want to see Seto. She wasn't focusing on her work either. Instead, the fight with Seto the other day replayed in her head. The anger and pain that she saw in his eyes stood out most in her memories. It almost matched how he looked when she... when she... "Rojo-kun!"

"What damn it?" Azalea jumped back, then purred stupidly, "Goddamnit, Azalea. Can't you see I'm not in the mood for your stupidity? Go the fuck away!"

Azalea squeaked softly and padded away. ::Poor Rojo-kun.:: She thought ::She's really having a hard time coping with her feelings. I wish I could help her.:: The white dragon trotted into her room and laid down on the floor. She decided that after she changed back that she'd help Rochelle.

*~*But It Wouldn't Be That Easy*~*

"AH!" Azalea stretched, having returned to her human form. She and Rochelle stood at the gates of the school, ready to be bombarded with raving students and their concerns. Azalea walked onto the courtyard first, greeting the students she passed. Rochelle snorted and followed. The hallways were filled with an uneasy silence. Two equally irate auras met in a classroom of quiet students. Scarlet eyes shot across the room to briefly catch a pair angry sapphire eyes. Sparks flew immediately. Seto scoffed and turned back to his book. Azalea pulled her sister back into her her seat before she could say anything. The two were obviously fuming from the previous confrontation. The teacher settled everyone down and started their lesson. Rochelle attempted to stare out the window, but Seto was blocking her way. His face was hard and cold, showing no signs of emotions. Just the way it always had been. For so many millenia.

::No!:: Rochelle yelled mentally, slumping over her paper work, ::I refuse to let myself think that way!::

Homeroom went by more or less smoothly, the only thing hindering the progress of class was the thick tension that could have very well drowned the class if it were anymore so. By the second period bell, students were shoving each other out of the door. Azalea had been dragged away by Joey, leaving Seto and Rochelle in the room together. They angrily shoved their books back into their bags. Seto was the first to speak up, scoffing in an amused fashion.

"So, you're over your cold, I see."

"Feh, I see you're not. Oh, wait. You're always like that."

"Well, maybe I wouldn't be like that if you weren't such a stuck up bitch!"

"'Stuck up bitch'!? Who's the stuck-up bi-"

"You are!" Seto felt so frustrated, he didn't know how to let it go, "And maybe you wouldn't be if you weren't so busy trying to make everyone's life a living hell!"

"I'm not! I'm the one living in hell!"

"You didn't seem like you were when you were dancing with me.."

"Wha.."

"When we walked together..."

"Rrrr."

"When we kissed." Seto slammed his suitcase shut and walked out of the room. Rochelle stared at his empty desk, more enraged than ever. She closed her eyes, thinking hard. Then her legs gave way and she fell into her chair. She threw her arms on her desk and buried her face in them. Her body trembled madly in wild sobs. Such simple words said with such a vicious tongue.

"Help me..." She whined, "Help me please..."

"Why are you repressing your feelings?" Rochelle looked up and could barely recognize the blurry image of Osiris standing before her, "Did you forget what you were suppose to do? About how to retain that form?"

"I know!" Rochelle growled, "I know! But I don't want my sacrifice to be him!"

"That is not for you to decide."

"What!" Rochelle stood and wiped her tears away, "Leave me alone, you old bag!"

"And alone is what you will be. Forever alone in your card." Osiris watched the seething girl storm out of the room. After a moment of silence, Rochelle could be heard yelling and throwing her bookbag with all her strength down the hallway, "You are so difficult", the shamaness sighed.

*~*Fin*~*

Iris: Le gasp, everyone! I’m not dead! And, at the request of a good friend and reader, the focus of this story shall soon shift to focus on Azalea and Joey. :D Enjoy.