Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Breathe (2 AM) ❯ 2 AM Mistake ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a collection of vignettes inspired by Anna Nalick's “Breathe (2 AM).”
 
Warnings: OOCness. AU, darkish. Sexual references (nothing explicit).
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Breathe (2 AM)
 
-
 
Part I: 2 AM Mistake
 
-
 
Yugi's Point of View
 
-
 
-
 
Two A.M. and she calls me `cause I'm still awake
 
“Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?
 
I don't love him.
 
Winter just wasn't my season.”
 
-
 
I know that when Yami left for the afterlife, he thought he was doing us all a favor. But the fact is, after he was gone, everything changed for worse.
 
Anzu, for one, was stricken with grief. She had been in love with the Pharaoh for a long time, and seeing him leave was really hard on her.
 
She mourned over him for about a month, which was expected. We all did our best to cheer her up, but we couldn't force her to be happy until she was ready.
 
Then, one day, she had a change of heart.
 
“Yugi, I'm tired of moping around. Being depressed won't bring Yami back. I need to get myself back out there and live my life.”
 
Naturally, I encouraged her to pursue that philosophy, although dating a new guy every week wasn't exactly what I had in mind for her.
 
And when dating wasn't enough for her to forget the love she'd lost, she took everything a step further—a step too far. I received the call at 2 AM.
 
“Yugi, I'm such a terrible person…”
 
“Of course you aren't Anzu! What's the matter?”
 
“…I'm…” She barely spoke above a whisper. “…I'm not a virgin…” A gut-wrenching sob. “And I always believed in abstinence until marriage!”
 
I didn't know what to say. “…Anzu…”
 
“Just say it, Yugi! I'm a slut and a horrible person!” she screamed.
 
“No…you're not, Anzu.” You can overcome this Anzu—you can overcome anything.
 
“You just don't understand!” She hung up the phone.
 
At least once a week, a nearly identical conversation occurred. Every week, at 2 AM, when she realized that the boy she'd slept with was no longer at her bedside.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
Please Review!! Constructive criticism is appreciated, as always.
 
Also, please read my other stories.