Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Breathe (2 AM) ❯ Lying Smiles, Beautiful Lies ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Breathe (2 AM)
 
-
 
Part IV: Lying Smiles, Beautiful Lies
 
-
 
Anzu's Point of View
 
-
 
-
 
And here in town you can tell he's been down for a while
 
But, my God, it's so beautiful when the boy smiles
 
Wanna hold him
 
Maybe I'll just sing about it
 
-
 
Yugi tries not to let it on, but he took the Pharaoh's departure really hard. As much as he assures us that he is happy with his new life and living independently, I know it's a lie. As usual, he's just trying to protect me from his own pain and sadness.
 
What makes him think his façade will prevent us from seeing the truth?
 
I just wish he would smile a little more often.
 
On the rare occasion that a sincere smile graces his face, it lights up all of his features. For a split second, it seems just like old times.
 
But these times are becoming fewer and farther between.
 
I wish there was some way I could comfort him, just to let him know he's not alone.
 
But I can't. Gone are the days that I could put a reassuring arm around his shoulders and tell him, with complete honesty, that it was going to be okay.
 
Because I'd be lying to him the same way he's been lying to us.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I just want to reiterate that these are vignettes, which means they are intended to be short. They're supposed to, quintessentially, capture a snapshot in time.
 
Thanks to all who reviewed.
 
Please continue to let me know your thoughts.