Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Broken glass ❯ The dream ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors note: I do not own Yugioh! Plain and simple as peanut butter ^_^

Oh and I thank Ryousgirl567 for the wonderful inspiration for this chappie! ^.^

Chapter 3 - The dream

Yugi and the others watched in amazement as Sashi put on a very interesting show for them all. Sugoroku brought in apple juice and cheerios and set them down in front of Sashi on a small white plastic tray. Immediately she jumped forward and seized the sippy-cup Sugoroku put down, making him jump back slightly, and gulped it down expertly. In between the second she dropped the cup and the next second, it seemed the cheerios disappeared; not leaving one speck on the plastic surface of the tray.

"More juice!" Sashi demanded, making Sugoroku scamper back into the kitchen to get some, leaving the cup and having to sheepishly walk back into the room and retrieve it.

"She sure can eat," Ryou gaped at her innocent smiling form.

"How does she maintain her weight?" Anzu wondered aloud.

"How did she not choke?" Yugi asked instead.

//Wow. I haven't seen anyone eat that fast since I held an eating contest in Egypt// Yami pointed out, looking at her curiously from behind Yugi.

/Yami…who won that contest?/ Yugi turned around and asked Yami urgently.

//Why…// Yami thought hard, //I believe it was the high priests daughter.//

/You mean…the same high priest Seto Kaiba was reincarnated as?/ Yugi's eyes widened in interest.

//Yes, His daughter.// Yami nodded at Yugi. //But I'm not sure if it is actually her…//

/It has to be! I mean it's a long shot but…I truly think it is. Then why must we raise her? Why not have Seto raise her?/ Yugi asked, a little confused, tugging at his bangs absentmindedly.

//It seems highly likely that this is her reincarnation, she looks very familiar…but vaguely// Yami concluded, //But I don't think the people who gave her to us were her real parents…they might have been acting as messengers, perhaps// Yami looked down at his light very seriously.

/But…if what you're thinking is what I think your thinking…my parents are in Egypt/ Yugi said, reading Yami's mind.

//It is possible aibou, not many people bear the last name Motou// Yami crossed his arms, deep in thought.

/But…then why didn't they come back?/ Yugi persisted, /And why was she delivered by unknown people?/ Yugi was overcome by a wave of sadness, upset with his parents; upset he was so sure that Sashi was his little sister and never knew, upset they didn't even contact his grandpa about it.

//I don't know aibou, I don't know// Yami put his hand on Yugi's and squeezed it gently.

"Yugi? Yugi?" Someone was distantly calling, he couldn't exactly make out who it was, his mind was too foggy.

//Yugi?// Yami questioned also. Yugi had closed his eyes, and leaned on his darker half heavily.

I can't hold it in anymore…Yami'll take care of me…

Yugi let out one real tear, and passed out. Yami realized this immediately.

//Aibou!// Yami cried out, //Wake up!// Yugi didn't move, and Yami became worried. //Was the blow too great? I thought Yugi got used to his parents being away…//

~

"Yugi!" Ryou yelled, waving a hand in front of Yugi's face. His eyes were half open but they didn't detect the sudden motion in front of him. Suddenly, without warning, he fell forward onto Ryou's rapidly moving hand.

"Yugiii…" Sashi called out, "what Yugi doin'?"

"Hush sweetie," Anzu said softly, her eyes filled with concern, "he's having some trouble."

"Oh." Sashi fell silent. Sugoroku came back in with more juice, and almost dropped it immediately at the surprising scene he walked into.

"Yugi?" he asked urgently, handing the juice to Sashi absentmindedly.

"Come on, wake up Yugi!" Ryou shook Yugi's lifeless form hard, but he didn't respond.

~

Should I go out and tell them what happened?

Yami mused over this carefully, holding Yugi's body in his arms protectively.

No, they don't need to know yet.

Yami concluded, retreating into his soul room, into the puzzle.

But I'll watch over my aibou and protect him no matter what happens.

~

"Yami? Are you in there? Yami!?" Ryou raised his voice slightly; he was beginning to panic. Anzu watched on silently, Sashi sitting next to her sipping her juice slowly and quietly. She knew something was wrong, something inside her told her it was. Somehow, she suddenly knew who this `Yami' was.

"Yami?" Sashi chimed in with Ryou, "come on out pharaoh!"

Ryou turned around and stared at her strange, Anzu jumped slightly beside her.

"Wha?" Sashi asked, suddenly very confused, and a little uncomfortable.

"How…how did you know Yami was a pharaoh?" Anzu asked, shakily.

"Who Yami?" Sashi asked, "why Yugi asleep?"

"Darling, do you remember what happened 5 minutes ago?" Sugoroku asked gently.

"Nu-uh," Sashi shook her head.

"Oh dear," Ryou shook his head worriedly.

~

Yugi opened his eyes suddenly. He was standing in front of an ancient alter.

What am I doing here?

He looked down and saw a piece of stray glass laying on the floor, giving off a slight shine from the torches on the walls of the building. He picked it up, and looked at his reflection.

"What?!" Yugi exclaimed aloud, looking back at a very Yami-like face, dressed in the ancient pharaoh's attire. He touched the fine woven cloth gently, rubbing it between his thumb and index finger to see if it was really there. Suddenly, something caught his attention.

"Is that my puzzle?" Yugi asked aloud, walking back over to the alter. There he saw his puzzle, along with the other sennen items, resting on the alter. The 7 items started to glow a yellow-bronze color as Yugi approached them.

"Why are they glowing?" Yugi asked aloud again, wondering where Yami was at a time like this.

`Yugi! Say the chant!' A voice inside his head commanded; sounding a lot like Yami in a way. Yugi thought a moment, and knew exactly what to say. He chanted the chant in Ancient Egyptian quickly. (The chant in English is: "two people, two souls, similar fates you will find, still filling their roles, but separate vessels for each mind")

Suddenly, Yugi began to glow the same color as the sennen items were, and split into two bodies. As the light faded he looked to his right and saw Yami, who looked exactly like Pharaoh Atemu, and the other was himself; dressed in his school uniform once again. As soon as Yugi looked over though, Yami began to fade.

"Yami! Yami?! Don't leave me!" Yugi screamed, closing his eyes and sobbing. He opened them again to see Ryou, Anzu and Sugoroku standing over him, Sashi in the background sucking on her thumb innocently.

"Yugi!" Sugoroku cried, flinging his arms around his startled grandson, "you're awake!"

"H-hello grandpa," Yugi managed to get out, stuck in Sugoroku's embrace.

What a weird dream…

"Glad you're awake," Ryou smiled, while Anzu nodded. Sashi clapped, leaving her sippy-cup abandoned on the bed.

"Thanks guys," Yugi smiled back, listening for Yami's greeting, but none came.

/Yami?/

No response.

/Yami, are you there?/

Still no response from his darker half.

Weird…wonder what happened? Yugi thought, getting worried.

-Isis-

"I can sense, even without my sennen necklace, that something big is about to happen," Isis mumbled, looking over at Malik in the corner of the entrance to a tomb, playing with a turtle gloomily. "Come on brother! It's been a year now, get over it."

"Call me Malik," Malik sniffed, making the turtle fly. Isis watched the turtle land on its shell on the floor a few feet away, not making a sound; ignoring Malik's comment.

"Why are you like this? You should be happy that your evil half is gone and you're safe again," Isis frowned at Malik's depressed figure.

"I guess guarding tombs with Shadi, Rishid and you with no freedom again is supposed to make me happy," Malik mumbled.

"But we gave you another motorcycle," Isis pointed out as Malik rolled over to his other side.

"I can't even ride it," Malik muttered.

"What?" Isis asked, confused by what her brother meant.

"You and Rishid put down these stupid strict rules! I can't ride the stupid motorcycle at all," Malik snapped, snatching a book and starting to read.

"Well, how would you like to leave the tombs for awhile?" Isis asked, smiling at her brother's backside. Malik seemed to consider this carefully, inspecting it from all angles to see if it was a trap, decided it wasn't and rolled over.

"Really?" Malik's eyes lit up, and he smiled at the thought.

"Yes, and we can both ride your motorcycle there," Isis smiled back; glad her brother was happy again.

"You? Ride a motorcycle?!" Malik laughed, "I'm driving!"

"Sure," Isis laughed too, the thought of her driving a motorcycle was pretty funny to see, "let me go tell Rishid and Shadi we're taking…a long vacation."

"Yipee!" Malik jumped up, running over to the toy turtle and hugging it tightly, "we're going away! Away, away! No more smelly tombs!" He danced around.

"But you must promise me you will start to eat healthy again when we get there," Isis said, glancing at his thin, frail looking frame.

"Sure, sure! Where are we going anyway?" Malik stopped dancing around to ask.

"Domino city, Japan," Isis began to walk to the next tomb to tell their partners.

"But that's where the Pharaoh is!" Malik exclaimed.

"Yes it is, very good," Isis smiled at her brother and walked out of hearing range.

"Hmm…interesting!" Malik said aloud, running around back to start up his motorcycle happily.

~End~

Note: Malik is the good and Marik is the bad, may come in handy to know in the next chapter or so ^_^. Review please and tell me what you think! I gotta have some input on how I'm doing!