Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Broken glass ❯ Making choices ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors note: Nope, don't own YuGiOh…But I own Sashi! SHE'S MINE DAMMIT! Kay, have fun reading this chapter ^_^ It explains a lot.

WARNING! Note the caps? This chapter contains stuff about the past that isn't entirely true; so don't go yelling at me for it! I just changed it to fit my story. Enjoy!

Chapter 4 - Making choices

It was finally the weekend, and Jonouchi had made himself very much at home in Kaiba's mansion. All the guards and maids knew him by name and he even had his own room.

"Aah, this is the life," Jonouchi lay in a honey colored reclining chair eating some popcorn Kaiba made for him.

"Is it?" a voice asked behind him. Jonouchi smiled and leaned all the way back in the chair to see Kaiba standing above him. He wrapped his arms around Jonouchi's neck; letting his hands rest on the blonde's chest. He leaned over and whispered in his ear,

"What would you like to do today?"

"Mmm…I dunno," Jonouchi yawned, kissing Kaiba's cheek.

"Mokuba's whining about going to the amusement park," Kaiba frowned, resting his head against Jonouchi's.

"Alright! Let's go!!" the blonde jumped out of the chair, startling Kaiba.

"Aw man…you too?" Kaiba groaned, falling face first onto the reclining chair, "ah, it's still warm!"

"You're so silly," Jonouchi giggled, hopping back onto the chair on top of Kaiba, sitting on his back, "let's take Mokuba in an hour."

"Sure," Kaiba agreed, squirming around under Jonouchi until he was on his back with Jou sitting on top of him, his legs hanging off the headrest.

"Whaddya wanna do for an hour?" Jonouchi gave his best Kaiba smirk, leaning forward slightly.

"Just sit here and admire how your hair complements the chair color. You're getting better at that smirk," Kaiba kissed Jou's honey colored hair, "but you'll never be as good as me!"

"If I hang around you long enough I will," Jonouchi smiled, tracing imaginary circles on Kaiba's chest with his index finger.

"Maybe," Kaiba smiled at the blonde's touch, watching his muscular arms move about.

Was Jou always that…muscular? Kaiba wondered, as he soon found himself looking over Jonouchi's whole body hungrily, practically devouring him with his eyes.

"Eh?" Jonouchi noticed Kaiba staring at him. The brunette didn't say a word, but reached up and pulled Jou's woolen sweater off, leaving him in a light blue t-shirt and faded jeans. He tossed it aside and ran his hands up and down Jonouchi's well-toned arms.

"I suppose we could play," Kaiba answered Jonouchi's question from before, smirking.

"Ah, there's that smirk. Sounds great," Jonouchi pulled his partner into an eager, deep kiss.

~Yugi~

The small boy sat behind the register of the store with Sashi in his lap. He was stocking cards in the glass case, but his mind was on something else - that bizarre dream.

I haven't seen Yami since then…two days ago, has he really faded and gone away?

Yugi thought sadly, making his leg bounce a little to make Sashi laugh. Sugoroku had asked him to watch Sashi and mind the shop since he had a few errands to run.

"We're in here cooped up on this beautiful Saturday and everyone else is outside - right Sashi?" Yugi said to her, giving her a tiny-sized bear shaped chocolate as a snack.

"Mhm!" Sashi nodded enthusiastically, devouring the miniature piece of candy. Yugi decided to question the hyper little girl about Egypt and the sennen items.

"Sashi…what do you know about duel monsters?" Yugi asked.

"Fun game!" Sashi exclaimed, pointing to Yugi's Dark Magician card.

"Yes but…have you ever seen someone duel before?" Yugi questioned, very curious.

"I saw street duel once! Scary men," Sashi commented, scanning the room for more sweet tasting chocolate.

"Where was this duel?" Yugi persisted, suddenly excited.

"Street?"

"No, what country?"

"Oh! Starts with…E!"

"Egypt?" Yugi knew he struck gold.

"Ya! Fun place to live," Sashi smiled, trying to remember her other home.

"Yes…Egypt is a great place," Yugi smiled back.

"We go?"

"Where, sweetie?"

"Egypt!" Sashi clapped happily.

"Oh…I don't know…" Yugi said sadly. How he wanted to go to Egypt…only if Yami had his own body…

"Why not?" Sashi looked at Yugi curiously, trying to stand on his leg.

"We'll see," Yugi held Sashi by her lower back with his arm so she wouldn't fall.

"Got anymore chocolatey?" Sashi asked, looking around the shop again shrewdly. Yugi laughed, him and Ryou had had a lot of fun testing to see what kind of chocolate Sashi liked yesterday after school. Turns out she liked every single kind, including the one with the little nuts in them.

"Here you go," Yugi pulled out a piece of chocolate with a layer of crispy wafer in the middle. I was saving this for Yami…He loves this kind of chocolate…but she can have it Yugi thought, giving a section of it to Sashi.

"Yummy!" Sashi took the sweet candy happily, eating it quickly. Yugi sat back in the chair thoughtfully. His mind never left the dream. He could still vividly remember Yami fading…is that what would happen if Yami ever got his own body?

"Sashi…come with me, let's go check something out," Yugi picked her up, put the `closed' sign on the shop door and headed for his room. He placed Sashi on a fluffy chair in the corner of his room and took out a dusty wooden box from his closet. It was tall but skinny, and had Egyptian symbols all over the sides.

"Ooh pretty," Sashi said, as the symbols started to glow.

"The evil power locked away, for times both short and long, shall be released again this day, to show the right from wrong," Yugi chanted, as the lid popped open.

~Flashback~

"Yugi…remember this chant I am about to tell you," Isis said, placing all sennen items but the puzzle into the box and covering the lid.

"Alright, I'm ready," Yugi said, watching Isis close the box.

"`The evil power locked away, for times both short and long, shall be released again this day, to show the right from wrong', can you remember that?" Isis asked, as the box sealed itself.

"Yea, I can," Yugi said, memorizing it instantly.

"Let me warn you, once the box is unsealed once, it cannot be sealed again, so choose your time wisely," Isis said, handing the box over to Yugi.

"Okay, I understand," Yugi nodded.

~End of Flashback~

Thanks Isis Yugi thought, I think this is a wise time.

"What are those?" Sashi asked, as Yugi placed all the sennen items on top of the box, and finally placed his puzzle next to them.

"All the sennen items," Yugi said, "they all hold a great power."

"Ooh, cool," Sashi commented. Suddenly, all the items began to glow the same color as they did in Yugi's dream. His mind flashed to the ancient alter quickly, and then faded back slowly to the box.

"Whoa…why are they glowing?" Yugi asked himself and turned to Sashi - "why are you glowing?!"

Sashi had begun to glow also the same color as the sennen items, and looked at her hands bewilderedly. Yami finally appeared next to Yugi in a flash, staring at Sashi in wonder. The room was filled with a bright white light, and Yugi had to close his eyes to keep his eyesight in tact. Finally, the light faded slowly, and Yugi opened his eyes.

"I see spots…" Yugi groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"Are you okay?" A female voice asked, sounding a lot older and more mature than Sashi.

//Yugi…you might want to open your eyes…// Yami said, sounding awed.

/What…Yami?…/ Yugi opened his eyes slowly, and after he focused, he noticed little Sashi was no longer in front of him. A girl about 17 with Sashi's eyes and hair stood above him, looking at him worriedly. What could Yugi do? He screamed. He fell backwards flailing his arms and screaming.

"Yugi! Calm down!" Sashi exclaimed, covering Yugi's mouth hastily.

"W-who are you?" Yugi asked, very confused.

"I'm Sashi of course!" Sashi pouted, her long red-blonde curls bouncing. Yugi took a better look at her after his initial shock, and realized it was Sashi. She had Sashi's face, but her skin was much darker, making her green eyes shine more. She also had rosy cheeks and a bright smile. Her clothes had also changed to accommodate her larger figure. She was wearing an outfit close to Mahado's apprentice Mana. Her skirt was short and tan, and she wore a shirt that hugged around her shoulders.

"Whatcha staring at?" Sashi tilted her head slightly, making her smile lopsided.

"What? Oh nothing," Yugi mumbled, blushing a little.

"Aren't you going to ask what happened?" Sashi demanded, "It's very important you know!"

"Alright! What's going on?" Yugi asked, sitting up. She's acting very childish…

"Well! I'm Yami's niece!" Sashi exclaimed, smiling more.

"Huh?!" Yugi and Yami exclaimed together.

"Well let me start from the beginning! Pharaoh Osiris had two sons, Seth and Atemu right? Well Seth became high priest and Atemu became pharaoh at only 17 years old when Osiris died."

"Okay…" Yugi tried to picture this all in his head as she spoke.

"You're Seth's daughter right?" Yami spoke, and Sashi heard him.

"Yes I am, very smart," Sashi smiled at him, "when my mother, Seth's wife, died, Seth was left with only me and a huge feeling of jealousy for Atemu. He sought revenge, and so took up sorcery from Sorcerer Mahado."

"The man who vowed to protect me with his life…" Yami said.

"Yep, him and his apprentice Mana. Seth realized his power came from his lost love and me. Finally, with the sennen rod in hand, Seth challenged the Pharaoh Atemu to an ancient shadow game. He lost and was sentenced to death for defying Pharaoh Atemu."

"That's amazing," Yugi said, leaning forward as if it was an interesting children's story, "what happened next?"

"Well! Pharaoh Atemu decided to raise me - I was five at the time - as his sister, or would-be Queen," Sashi said excitedly, enjoying telling this story, "when he had to sacrifice his soul to seal away the overwhelming power of the shadow games, I became Queen with Sorcerer Mahado by my side. Ah, being Queen was amazing! Anyway, I eventually died of course, but my soul lived on…and here I am!"

"Wow…" Yami was sitting like Yugi now, and they both leaned even closer, "so you really were my niece?"

"You betcha! I also inherited some sorcery from my father as well. The sennen rod activated them I think, and I believe you get one wish mister!" Sashi pointed at Yugi dramatically.

"Huh?" Yugi inched away from her finger, falling backwards onto his rug.

"A wish Yugi! The legend specifically states that I can grant the possessor of all seven sennen items one wish," Sashi folded her arms impatiently.

"One wish, huh? Hmm…." Yugi looked at Yami next to him with longing, "I got it! All the Yami's and Hikari's will have separate bodies."

"Ya sure?" Sashi asked, preparing to grant the wish.

"Positive," Yugi smiled at Yami, who smiled back.

"Alright! Body separations comin' up!" Sashi exclaimed, stretching her arms out. Yugi began to glow again, and him and Yami finally separated.

"Yami!" Yugi cried, his eyes filling with tears as the light faded, revealing Yami in Pharaoh Atemu's attire.

"I'm right here Yugi," Yami pulled his hikari into a tight embrace, "I won't leave you."

"You did in my dream," Yugi sniffed, "you faded away."

"I'm not going anywhere," Yami laughed, "I love you too much." Those words struck Yugi's heart. He…loves me too much? Does that mean that he literally loves me or is he joking?

"Group hug!" Sashi yelled, jumping on them both.

"Thanks so much guys," Yugi said as they all fell to the floor giggling.

"Anytime!" Sashi and Yami said together.

"So…do I have to call you Atemu now or what?" Yugi asked, lying next to Yami.

"I've grown pretty fond of Yami you know…Yami's fine," Yami put an arm around Yugi's small form.

~

"Damn this damned shadow realm! Ooh when I escape this place--!" A young angry man with crazy grayish blonde hair mumbled to himself for the 10th time that day. How long had he been there anyway?

"Hey I actually see something ahead! Yippee company!!" Marik yelled insanely, running towards the dark figure ahead of him. The figure turned around suddenly and stared at him rudely.

"K-Kaiba?" Marik stuttered, stepping back a step.

"You're needed," `Kaiba' said bluntly, and he revealed the sennen rod in his hand.

"My rod!" Marik yelled, "why the hell do you have it?!" Kaiba didn't say a word, he narrowed his eyes until they were almost slits, and pointed the rod at Marik. "D-don't point that thing at me!" Marik exclaimed. Kaiba laughed, almost as insanely as Marik, and the tip of the rod glowed. "W-what the hell!?" Marik screamed as he disappeared in a flash of bright light. Kaiba smirked and faded as well.

~End~

See! Marik/Malik thing came in handy, yep! PLEASE review and tell me how I'm doing! Or…no more chapters! HEHEHE >.>.

Here's a tongue twister to try after this chapter! - All seven sennen items

Say that 10 times fast!