Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Can You Keep A Secret? ❯ Blue Rose ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Can You Keep A Secret?
By Starsaa DeLecroix

Chapter 1: Blue Rose
Seto wrapped his arms around Atemu’s neck and nodded slowly. “I’m ready.”
Atemu, despite his lust-filled eyes, gave a warm smile. He loved watching the shy blush creep along his lover’s cheeks. He loved feeling the shaky, seemingly unsure grip of his lover’s fingers laced together, holding on to him, but always accompanied by the needy, almost unnoticeable rocking of his lover’s hips. Atemu leaned in just enough to kiss his lover softly, and then he held the brunette’s hips and pounded into hi–

“Pharaoh!” Yuugi exclaimed. Atemu jumped so fast he nearly fell out of the computer chair. How could he not have sensed his light nearby?! Too engrossed in his fantasies… damn things. Yuugi’s tone was still accusing, but now held a cover of taunt, “What is that you’re writing?”
He couldn’t even say ‘nothing’, Yuugi would just probe his mind. “A story.”
“Well go on,” Yuugi grinned, reading the unfinished sentence to himself and adding, “into what?”
Atemu blushed like crazy, saved the story, and shut his laptop. “You know well enough.”
“Oh, come off it,” Yuugi smiled. “I’m only teasing you, Atemu. Don’t forget, I know just as much as you do about your past, including your desired relationship with your cousin.”
Atemu sighed, sat on the bed, and rested his chin in his hands. “But you also know about my life now, here, with you, and Seto is here, too.”
“Your point?” Yuugi joined his dark half on the bed. Said dark stared at the floor a moment, then looked at Yuugi with sadness in his eyes. Yuugi’s smile slowly faded as the pharaoh said four words:
“What’s stopping me now?”
And then Atemu looked away, out the window, up at the full moon which brightened the night sky to a soft navy blue. The whitish-golden reflection of the sun’s light on the moon in turn came through the window and made Atemu’s violet, sorrow-filled eyes seem to glitter, as if they were blanketed in a watery film. Yuugi then came to realize that they were, and opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off.
“Kisara’s gone.”
It amazed Yuugi some that, whether the Pharaoh said two words or twenty, it always had a major effect on his emotions. “Atemu, I…”
“She’s long gone, Yuugi. She’s been gone for millennia and I still have yet to make my move.”
“This is the first life in which you’ve even been close enough to Seto to make said move,” Yuugi tried. “And while you’ve been here you’ve been more focused on saving the world and getting your memories back. It’s not like he’s just been sitting next to you and you were reading a book or something.”
Atemu turned and offered a small smile. “Thank you, Aibou.”
Three words, and still such an effect.
“Although I can find a few flaws with your theory,” Atemu added, “You mean well. And it makes sense… somewhat. But the truth is, Aibou, I’m scared. He doesn’t remember our past – either that or he refuses to. I don’t want to revive those memories and freak him out, or make him remember and get him pissed at me. As well, I’m only human… I suppose. Or something like it. Either way I feel emotions as humans do, and I fear rejection. What would I do with myself if I confessed a love that’s grown over millennia just to be laughed at and have a door slammed in my face?”
“But what would you do if you didn’t say anything until it was too late and you come to find out that he would have considered a relationship with you?” Yuugi countered quickly. “Or what if you never find out and you have to live in eternal question? Wouldn’t you rather try then just give up?”
“…Give up?”
He’d said it. The two words that got to Atemu the most. Yuugi tried so hard not to grin.
“Yeah,” the light half stood up and walked over to his desk. “Give up. Hide in fear and naivete.”
“Who do you think you are to talk to me like that?” Atemu, too, was now trying not to grin. He’d caught on now, but he didn’t want to give in right away.
“I think I’m the one who’s been living around you long enough to have almost everything I know about being strong and achieving my goals be the result of your guidance.” Yuugi smiled. He’d been opening a drawer as he spoke and taking out a photo. He closed the drawer after completing his sentence, when which the aforementioned smile was flashed at his dark.
“So you’re saying that because I taught you those things they should be fresh in my mind and guidelines which I myself follow?” Atemu gave up and grinned. Yuugi grinned back as the pharaoh continued, “Or is it that you think you’re all-knowing in this area now and are worthy of explaining to me what I should already know?”
“You’re smart, you figure it out.” Yuugi placed the photo facedown on Atemu’s desk. “It’s late, I’m going to bed.”
“Aren’t you going to ask?” Atemu smiled.
“Ask what?” Yuugi replied, changing into his pajamas.
“About the story. I can’t figure out exactly what it was but since you saw those lines from my story you’ve been woundering something about it that you couldn’t figure out just by reading the screen.”
“Oh,” Yuugi laughed softly. “I was just woundering if you’d come up with a title for it yet.”
“Oh,” Atemu echoed the laugh. “Yeah, I called it Blue Rose.”
“Why?” Yuugi could tell Atemu was aching to explain. He rolled his eyes. ‘Writers.’
Atemu grinned, having heard that thought. “Because the characters maintain a secret relationship. Atemu visits Seto at night and they… well, you know…”
Yuugi laughed softly and crawled into bed. “And then…?”
“And then Atemu watches Seto fall asleep and then puts a blue rose into a jar that sits on Seto’s bedside table. Then he leaves, and in the morning when Seto wakes up, he puts something on the rose that helped to preserve it. They plan to keep the roses until they’re ready to go public with their relationship, and then at the end they’re going to get married. The day of the wedding, Seto’s going to be in his room and go to get the vase of roses to take with him but they’re gone with a note from Atemu saying that he already took them. That night, when they go on their honeymoon, when they go into the room they rented the blue rose petals are going to be spread all over the bed.”
Atemu smiled, obviously proud of his work, but it wasn’t an overly arrogant smile. Yuugi smiled, too; sleepily, but still Atemu could tell that his light enjoyed the summary.
“Sounds interesting. Ever going to let Seto read it?”
Atemu glanced at his laptop, an unsure silence filling the space between them. Yuugi nodded.
“I understand. Goodnight.”