Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Cat of the Lilac Eyes ❯ Chapter 12: Suma ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: Because I love you all so much, I decided to update early! So here it is; Chapter 12!

Disclaimer: Still don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm not even sure if I own this lint in my pocket. I may have borrowed it... (shrugs) I do own any OC's in this story as well as the plot. ((Excluding funny scenes from reviewers))

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O -F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

Chapter 12: Suma

Months have now passed and it’s April. Marik is still over in Virginia and is explained to be Malik’s ‘brother’. Holly appears to think he’s the cutest thing to ever set foot in their hometown, proclaiming his ‘hotness’ ranks over Hiei’s from Yu Yu Hakusho and Sesshoumaru’s from Inuyasha.

Ashling, Riley, Holly, Kaylie, Jiro, Max, and Damian have figured out a semi-usual schedule concerning the café. For a while their shifts had been irregular because of Anime Club (1) meetings, Riley’s volleyball practice, and Max’s baseball games.

Marik is left alone at the Phoenix’s house with just Ishizu and Mrs. Phoenix to watch him while Malik, Ashling, and Cheyenne are at school. This makes Malik extremely nervous on school days as he has to hope that Marik listens to Ishizu and the rules he has laid down.

Damian is currently refusing to come over to the Phoenix’s house because Marik “scares” him. Nothing scares Damian. Holly on the other hand happily goes over to visit Ashling and Malik in hopes she gets a glimpse of or gets to talk to Marik. She’s got it bad…

All the seniors- Ashling, Riley, Holly, Tabby, and Malik- are preparing for the end of their last year of school. Ashling, Riley, and Damian all got a school hoodie and Holly got a school ring. Tabby has ordered a yearbook.

For college, Riley and Damian are looking into art schools in Virginia, Holly and Tabby have both decided to go to a local college, and Ashling is still undecided. Malik can’t find anything on any of Japans schools, and his internet has been down so he can’t write to Tama for information or look up information, so he’s going to wait until he gets back to Domino City.

So that’s what has been happening in Virginia. Nothing too exciting, huh?

Over in Domino City things have been a little more exciting.

First off, Yugi is due any day now and Yami is even more overprotective than he was before. Because of this, Bakura and Yume have been “permanently” banned from the Muto house, but strangely enough the two could care less. Even more odd is that the two haven’t been pulling any pranks lately.

Tama comments that they are finally growing up. Yami just says that they are growing soft. Yami’s comment sparks the ex-Dragon Guardian’s temper and therefore gets chased around the neighborhood.

Other than that, the entire group- minus Serenity and Mokuba- are preparing for the end of their last year of school as well. Tama is keeping her job with Kaiba Corp, so she sees no need to look into college. Similarly, Seto and Duke aren’t going to college, but that’s only because they already have their own companies. Yugi and Yami are both going to be running the game shop. Téa is getting ready for her move to New York City, where she still wants to go to study dance. Tristan, Ryou, and Joey are all going to go to a local college.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama carefully studies the 3-D model of the Duelist Academy that’s on her laptop, ever once in a while making changes. Her first change is to change the state of the lowest dorm, currently called Dorm Red, from a shack to more of a run-down, but homey, house-like building. The next thing she does is bring down the quality of the highest dorm, Dorm Blue. She finds nothing wrong with the middle dorm, Dorm Yellow, and leaves it be.

Then she turns her attention to the colorless ‘school’ building. Decided it needs to be bright with the colors of each of the dorms, she gets to work on “painting” it. After much trial and error, Tama finally gets the colors the way she want them. Now she scans around and comes to the gust house which is a pale blue color. She leaves it alone, knowing better than to mess with Seto’s personal building.

Tama sighs and leans back in her chair, stretching out sore muscles.

The phone rings as she goes back to her work, this time to work on the inside of the buildings.

“I’ll get it!” Ryou calls out. The white-haired boy picks up the phone right before the third ring.

Tama continues on with her work, figuring it’s someone calling to say that the yami’s have done something because they haven’t done anything lately. She starts back with Dorm Red to work on the rooms, figuring they’ll start off with one person in each room and go up to three in each room. The same thing applies to the other dorms.

“Tama!” Ryou yells, running into the room with the cordless phone. “Tama, Yugi’s gone in labor! Yami’s calling from the hospital!”

Tama looks up at Ryou in shock. “You sure?”

Ryou nods. “Yes. Yami said he’s calling everyone else and that he wants us all over there.”

Tama quickly saves her work and exits off it. “Well what are we waiting for?! Lets go!”

Ryou tells Yami that they’re coming and then quickly hangs up the phone.

The two Lights then rush around trying to find their yami’s. Tama gives up after less than two minutes and yells for the two. The four of them then cram into the VW Bug and rush off to the hospital. They run into Joey and Serenity on their way to meet Yami, and run the rest of the way with the two siblings.

Téa, Duke, and Tristan soon joining them, completing the main part of their rag-tag group. Now all they can do is wait and try to calm Yami down before he has a heart attack.

Hours pass and several people have fallen asleep while waiting. Tama, Serenity, and Ryou, needing something to do, have gone out to get food that is not from a vending machine or from the hospital cafeteria.

They return half and hour later with the food everyone wants. The three hand out the food and Tama has to force Yami to take the fries that she got for him.

April 13, 12:01.

Joey, Tristan, Tama, and Ryou are asleep. Yami is once again pacing. Serenity and Duke are playing tic-tac-toe on a napkin. Bakura and Yume are cuddled up in a chair watching Yami pace.

The door opens, catching the five’s attention.

“Mr. Muto?” The doctor asks.

Yami abruptly stops pacing and turns to the doctor. “Yes? How is h-she?” He asks quickly.

“Your wife is fine.” The doctor replies. “You can come see her and your daughter now if you wish.”

Yami nods, not trusting his voice, and follows the doctor back to see Yugi.

Serenity then turns to the task of waking the others up to tell them the news.

“A daughter…” Tama murmurs. “Yugi must be so happy.”

“When can we see them?” Joey asks, yawning.

Serenity sighs. “We have to wait until Yami says we can. Give them some time alone, Joey. This is a big deal for them.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Yami quietly walks into the room that Yugi is in and walks over to his aibou. Yugi smiles weakly up at him, the baby sleeping peacefully in his arms.

“Hi Yami.” He whispers. “You want to hold her?”

Numbly, Yami nods and soon finds himself with his daughter in his arms. “She…” He finds breathing difficult for a moment. “She’s beautiful, Yugi.”

“I chose Suma (2) for her name.” Yugi says. “She needs a middle name now.” He looks pointedly at Yami.

Yami sits down on the edge of the bed, looking in awe at his daughter. “Yuki.” He murmurs, recalling one of the names that Yugi suggested.

“Yuki…” Yugi whispers softly. “Suma Yuki Muto. I like it.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Days later half the group is over at the Game Shop to visit Yugi, Yami, and Suma.

“You’re going to spoil her!” Yugi says in amusement, watching his cousin shower Suma with affection.

Tama grins. “I plan to.” She says. “She’s just so cute!”

Ryou, Yugi, Yami, and Joey all sweat drop while Serenity nods in agreement.

“She’s looks like a mini-you.” Serenity comments. “Except she has amethyst eyes instead of lilac.”

Tama shakes her head. “No, she looks like Yugi did when he was a baby.” She says, handing Suma over to Ryou.

Yugi groans. “Please Tama, not the baby pictures! Some of those are really embarrassing!”

Tama laughs. “Aww! But you were so cute then!”

Yugi gives Tama a pleading look. “Please Tama, don’t show everyone those pictures! If you do then I’ll show them your baby pictures!” He threatens.

“Okay, I won’t show them.” Yugi gives in. “But me, Yume, and Ryou can always tell embarrassing stories about you when you were little.”

“And I can tell everyone about the trouble your hyperactivity got us into.” Tama replies. “And Ryou’s rebellious side.”

Ryou gives Suma back to Yugi when she starts fussing. “Please don’t. I really don’t need to re-live that.”

“Then no embarrassing stories.” Tama says simply, turning her attention to Bakura and Yume who have been in a whispered argument this whole time. “What’s with you two today? You’re being unusually quiet.”

Bakura and Yume look up almost guiltily.

“It’s nothing.” Yume says quickly. “Nothing important.”

Bakura snorts. “Nothing important? Of course this is important, Yume! How is it not?!”

“Shut up, Bakura!” Yume hisses.

“One of you tell us what’s going on.” Yami says, eying his fellow Darks.

Bakura takes a deep breath and speaks before Yume can stop him. “Yume’s pregnant.” (3)

-C-A-T--O-F--T-H-E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S--C-A-T--O-F--T-H- E--L-I-L-A-C--E-Y-E-S-

(1) There is an actual Anime Club at my school. I'm so happy! (squeals)

(2) I found this interesting- Suma is both Egyptian and Japanese for 'to ask'.

(3) Well, they are already married. They have been for over 3000 years now.

0-0-0-0

Shiro: Okay, so it's shorter than the previous two have been, but there wasn't much to write for this one. I basically wanted to cover Suma's birth and Bakura and Yume's news, and I accomplished that.

Bast: Don't worry, be happy!

Shiro: (smacks forehead) I should have never showed her that singing fish...

Keitaro: Even I didn't start singing!

Shiro: I know! I'm so proud of you! (huggles Keitaro)

Keitaro: (grins) Heh. Please review!

REVIEW REPLIES:

kaibafan5- thanks for recommending my story to your friend. Now I have two people reviewing instead of just one! (bright cheerful smile) I'm planning on eventually pairing up Marik and Holly. I'm afraid there won't really be many cute moments between the two though. Thanks for reviewing!

NEXT CHAPTER- Chapter 13: Peace

Things have calmed down in both Domino City and VA. Ashling and Malik put their acting skills to the test as their strange bond grows stronger and Ashling discovers an odd talent. Lots of Malik/Ashling cuteness ahead!