Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Complete Me ❯ Goodbye Past, Onward Future ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SF: I don't own yugioh, just my character Alex. Oh and another thing. This is not a continuation or an intro to BTW. I really dunno if I'm gonna continue because people don't write.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

She leaned against the cold windowpane and felt the rumble of the thunder. Her breath made a small white curtain on the window as she sighed. Tomorrow was the first day of high school and with this not so good looking weather it wasn't going to start off smooth. She pulled away from the icy glass and placed her head on the wall.

"Think of better times Alex," she said to herself.

It had been a while since the duel between Kaiba and Yugi. Her family was back together and there was no more running.

Flashback

She used to live in the desert with Malik, Isis, her father and Odion. Her mother had sadly died while giving birth to her (AN: No I'm not obsessed with mom's dying for those of you who have read my other story. Malik's mom really dies giving birth to him) so she wasn't exactly raised to be the lady type. She had soon grown attached to her brother Malik, playing whatever he played, doing whatever he did. Of course she was 7 and Malik knew it was normal for little ones to do this so he didn't mind. But the day he was to be marked with the Pharaoh's secrets was the saddest for her. Her brother did not feel like playing and often threw the ball into the deepest and darkest parts of their underground home. She just looked into the darkness while he walked away laughing. But Isis was always there.

"Our dear brother is just having a hard time right now. Just stick by him and he will come through smiling."

Alex would sit in the doorway at times and watch her brother, tossing and turning and sometimes screaming in his sleep. At other times she would go up to him and take is hand. The results usually ended up with bruises but she kept on. Soon Alex went to her sister and suggested what she thought might help.

"NO! We cannot! You know father does not like us outside."

"But it might help. He is always saying he doesn't want to be stuck down here waiting for the Pharaoh to come."

"But what if father finds out? He will surely be angry with us."

We could have Odeon cover for us. He will encourage this thought."

"Well.... alright."

Odeon was glad to help. Soon Malik was able to see the sun for the first time and Alex was able to see his smile once again. They explored the streets and Malik liked looking at the TVs. Alex saw a beautiful necklace. A jade stone with and golden Ankh carved in the middle. Dazzled by the necklace she forgot about her sister and brother. Realizing that she was lost she began to cry. Tears streaming down her face she did not notice that a man was carrying her. Looking up she stared into the face of one whom she would never forget. His eyes were as blue as the sky and as deep as the ocean, looking like they had no life but light. She thought she saw no pupil but he put her down too quickly. Without a warning or a goodbye he walked away. Starting to follow him she was caught by her sister.

"There you are. Come on, we've spent too long out here."

They ran back to the door. Heading down the steps they heard Isis gasp.

"What is it?" Malik asked.

Isis point to a string. Alex's eyes followed the string to several bells. All of them knew what they were, alarms. They ran to Malik's room and found papers scattered and the sheets off the bed. And in the middle was their father, hitting Odeon. Alex looked in horror as he lay bleeding. But this was too much for malik and that's when Marik came to life. He banished her father to the shadow realm forever and knocked out her sister. When he came after her she was frighten by him.

"Silly fool! Fear and agony is what I love!"

Her strength seemed to gather at once. He suddenly let go and passed out. Staring at the person she once loved anger filled in. She ran through the halls and out the door, hearing the bells ringing behind her.

End

Ever since then she ran. She ran all the way from Egypt to Domino City. But after the duel, her brother got his body back and now had two brothers. She asked Isis not to go back to Egypt, not yet. So they bought a house here.

CRASH!

"Hm. Marik must be trying to cook again."

Her head fell back onto the window and stared at the dark sky. The rain was just anxious to pour.

!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BE..CRASH!

"Damn alarm clock"

Marik buried his into his pillow. The chocolate chip cookies were a lot harder than he thought. On the brink of going back to sleep, Isis came in and started to bang a pan with a wooden spoon.

"GET UP!"

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! *falls out of bed * DAMN WOMAN! EVER HEARD OF A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP?!?"

"It's 7:40. You have 20 minutes to get dressed, eat, and get to school. Think you can do that?"

"Oh shut up!"

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"Good morning! Sleep well?"

"Pretty good. I've got the butterflies. First days are never the best."

"Hey, you only have two more years of high school, Alex, and then you only have to worry about job interviews."

"Thanks Malik...I think."

Malik gave her a smile and drank his coffee. Just then Marik came in and grab Malik's cup and chugged it.

"Hey! That was mine!"

"Not any more!"

"You know, that stuff stunts your growth."

"It won't do anything to me. I'm a five thousand year old criminal..."

"Stuck in a eighteen year old body! You don't see Malik drinking a lot of that stuff."

"So *drinks some more *"

"I...never mind"

"Good. Then I win. See ya."

"But school doesn't start until another thirty minutes."

"Yeah but I heard last year that all the hot chicks get there early to take showers."

Marik closed the door while Alex shook her head.

"He is such a twit."

"...He drank my coffee..."

!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!

SF: There ya go. Now just for future reference, Alex does get together with Bakura but I'm gonna add some interesting twist and turns.