Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Conflicting Emotions ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

Kazuki Takahashi owns Yu-Gi-Oh! If I did, then parents wouldn't be letting their kids watch it anymore…

 

"Talking"

`Thought's' in normal POV

Flash Back/ Emphasis

-Hikari to Yami-

--Yami to Hikari--

Mind links may change, since FanFiction-net loves to only let certain characters be used, which can be highly irritating…

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Chapter Two:

 

Normal POV

Thursday evening, Kaiba Mansion- 10:20pm

 

"Yuugi thinks we should `dress up' for our presentation" Yami had finished the inside of his palace model and was now working on finishing the outside. "Or we could not…" Seto had long ago finished any researching he had to do, and was now typing. The other smirked slightly, nodding as he added the finishing touches to the model. "Well, I'm done, now let's go and eat something" He said, standing up and walking over to stand behind Seto. The brunette continued his typing, not sparing a moment, wanting it finished. "Why don't you go figure something out while I finish up here?" Yami made a small sound of complaint, but complied nether the less, "Fine, I'll go scrounge the cupboards for something to make…" he muttered, leaving the other to finish his part of the shared project.

Yami mumbled something as he entered the kitchen, going first to the fridge to grab himself something to drink.

--Hikari?--

-Nani?-

--I'll be spending the night, too late to come home now--

-Fine…-

--Aibou…? Is something wrong?--

-No, everything's just peachy… except that my mom just returned from her trip…-

--In that case… I'm not coming home after school!--

-NANI?!!! Yes you are Mou Hitori no Boku!!! And I don't care if you have to drag Seto-kun over here too!-

--But Hikari…--

-Don't you `but Hikari' me! You can't leave me here!!-

--She can't be that bad… can she?--

-You're just going to have to wait until tomorrow after school to find out-

--And just why would I come home anyway?--

-I'll tell if you don't-

--You wouldn't… Besides, you have no proof, so ha!--

-I have plenty proof. If anyone would take two seconds to look in your room they would know; you're practically obsessed!-

--Am not!--

-You are too! And you know it, so you're coming home tomorrow after school, end of story. G'night Boku!-

--Wait, Yuugi! Damn you!--

The spirit cursed, swearing in both Egyptian and Japanese, as he started taking what he would need from the cupboards. Damn his light, blackmailing him into going home… Why couldn't he just stay here? This would be so much easier that way, and he wouldn't have the risk that Anzu might show up- but as it was he would have to hope she didn't go to the Game Shop after school.

------ -------

 

"Eh… Yami, what are you doing?" Seto had just entered the kitchen, finding the former pharaoh reaching up and trying to reach… something. The teen pouted and mumbled a reply, "Can't… reach…" The brunet chuckled; walking over to stand behind Yami as he took down the box of rice the other had been trying to reach. Seto's thoughts wandered for a moment, even though he was only slightly pressed against the smaller teen, it still had his mind reeling. Yami's cheeks stained pink when he felt the other press against him slightly. He mumbled a quiet `arigato' as Seto handed him the box of rice, which he then set out to cook. The brunet merely leaned back against the counter, watching the leather obsessed teen every now and then, though his gaze tended to drift down… Shaking his head he mentally berated himself. Yami wasn't interested in him that way he was sure, so why was he letting himself stare yet again? The blue-eyes teen was shaken from his thoughts, eyes meeting confused crimson that seemed awfully close.... "Seto, are you alright? You didn't answer my question…" Seto blinked, what had the others question been? "Gomen, Yami, I was just thinking about something…" This caught the others attention, "What were you thinking about?" He asked curiously. "N-nothing in particular… just, uh… work!" Yami gave him a strange look before shrugging; sometimes he didn't understand the CEO. Then again, sometimes he didn't understand himself either, especially as of late. It was bad enough he'd caught himself staring at the brunet during class, but that Yuugi also had wasn't the greatest of things… "Yami, you might want to check on the rice…" Garnet eyes glanced over at the pot, which was threatening to let the water spill. He swore, Seto laughed, and then Yami childishly stuck his tongue out at the other. He sighed and shook his head slightly, watching the leather-clad teen finish what ever it was he had been making.

 

--- ---

 

"Seto, we should go to bed, since there's school tomorrow…" He mumbled something. Yami stared at the other blankly for a moment, "I'm pushing you off the sofa if you don't get off your lazy ass, Seto" Blue eyes blinked sleepily and looked over, "…Fine…" He sat up, taking a moment to let the room focus properly. It wouldn't be too smart to try and walk up the stairs with the room spinning, now would it? Yami stood and stretched before slowly leaving the room, looking back to see if Seto had changed his mind about going to bed. Luckily, Seto had decided to not just crash on the couch, though it was tempting since his room was all the upstairs and down the first hall. Both teens fought to stay awake as they climbed the stairs, mumbling a hardly audible `Good night' to one another as they went into their own rooms. For visiting as often as he did, and spending the night, Yami had been given his own room, which was of course right across from Seto's. The former pharaoh preferred his room here, rather the one he had to share at the Game Shop with Yuugi. This also meant he had a good portion of his wardrobe there, or really anything that Seto bought him.

Once in there respective rooms, both clumsily changed before they crashed on their beds, asleep before they hit their pillows.

 

--- ---

 

It was nearly two am when Seto woke. Confused as to why he was awake this early, especially once he had seen what hour it was. Frowning he thought for a moment, but it didn't take him too long to figure out what that reason was. Cursing, he quickly got out of bed and ran from his room, going into the one across from his own. What had awoken him was a fear and panic laced scream…

 

-------------------------- --------------------------

 

That might have been unexpected... It's a bit on the short side, but I have first semester finals that are a real pain in the ass and need to be studied for… I'll try to get the next chapter up soon! Review what you think!