Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Damaged ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's a new story! It's different! Okay maybe still a bit depressing but who cares?! I don't. This time it's Malik's turn! I started writing this while I was writing Dark Crimson Rivers. I don't know if it's good or not but I do my best to entertain. I don't know how I could strain my brain to write two different chapters at the same time. It gave me a splitting headache. I don't know why. I think it's because of this guy that pissed me off.

Disclaimers: I do not own anything except the plot and anything you don't recognize!

Summary: Malik is always beaten by his yami whenever. After a fight he meets this woman. When he comes back strange things start happening. Can Marik figure it out before his hikari surrenders to the night forever?

Warnings: lets see…um…shounen-ai or yaoi, anorexia references, suicidal thoughts (as always), and a bit mentioning of… something you'll find out later!

Damaged

Part 1

Malik ran. It was raining like hell and the droplets rained down hard on him like a bitch. His yami beat him again. He ran out as soon as he had the chance. He kept telling himself that he wouldn't go back but for some reason he always did. No matter how many times this happened he always went back and then he'd just regret it when Marik would just beat him again. Then he would run out of the house and it would always be raining. He figured that it was some kind of coincidence that it would always rain and the fact he always went to nearby playground and sat on the swing. That is exactly what he was doing now.

He sat down on the swing. And swung a little back and forth. He sighed. It seemed another night sleeping out in the cold rain for him. It's a surprise that he didn't get pneumonia yet. He'll just sleep on the swing again, uncomfortably. He kept thinking about his life how it was screwed up like this. It wasn't what he called starting a new life. He still felt like shit. He was thinking of why he kept going back to the house instead of trying to find another place to stay at.

He placed his forehead on the wet, cold metal of the chains holding up the swing. He closed his eyes and let out his breath that he had been holding ever since he sat down. He opened his eyes and stared at the wet sand in sadness. There was a puddle and he stared at his reflection. Then he kicked it. He didn't like the person staring back at him. He just closed his eyes again. He brushed his fingers on the bruise forming on his cheekbone. Marik hit him there. At first when this all started he could stand it and now…a few tears let themselves slip from his lavender eyes. He blinked them away. To anyone they could just say it's because of the rain but tears are warm and it's the difference between the rains.

He waited there for a while until he found the strength to actually find the nearby bench to sleep on that is clean and good to sleep on. He closed his eyes and hoping to actually go to sleep on the swing that he always manages to fall asleep on. He thinks it's because of the cold droplets that come. He didn't want to go back to the house because his yami might beat him again for running away and then start calling him names and the ones he hated most was 'worthless' and 'pathetic'. He didn't like being called those words, especially from Marik's mouth. If someone else said that he would've beaten that certain person. But he somehow never retaliated back to Marik no matter how much he tried.

The words would always make him cringe and actually think about it himself. Then the next day Marik would just say sorry and they'd go on as if it never happened. But then it would happen again when Marik was pissed. And the cycle would start all over again.

To Malik that kind of future feels empty. Always going around in circles in something that doesn't land on something worth going around in circles for.

He stood up and walked around. He knew that his clothes were soaking wet but he didn't mind it. It was cold but he felt none of it. His body was numb all over. Malik found a bench but didn't want to sleep on it because it was full of bird crap. He wondered why the birds couldn't go to the place to go like everyone else.

So he went off to find another one but none of it was worth going to sleep on. Come to think of it this was the first time that he has actually looked for a place to stay in. To his disappointment he couldn't find anything to sleep on. So he went back to the swing. As he sat down he sneezed. Looks like sickness caught up with him after all those times of sleeping in the rain with no protection. Besides he couldn't just bring a blanket and a pillow out because then he'd just get sick anyways. He checked his watch to see that he's been out for almost two hours. That was the longest he spent without sleeping out.

He couldn't go to a place to one of the others because they would just slam the door in his face. He's seen it before. Jounouchi's was the closest and he asked if he could stay for the night but he was rejected and the door was slammed in his face. He actually thought that he deserved it because the words 'worthless' and 'pathetic' caught up with him at that time. He tried to banish those words from surfacing in his head but they always came up and he couldn't stop them no matter how hard he tried. He didn't have the will to do anything now.

He decided to find another park to sleep in. He thought he saw another one when he passed it a while ago taking a different route to the one he was currently in. So he took the route back from the way he came. He probably couldn't get a taxi to drive him either since it seems like the whole world was against him anyways. That's how he got places, he just walked. The stores somehow charge him twice as much than a regular customer. He complained but just lost because everyone was on the manager's side. So he ditched the food and clothing items and just went off. He went off of food for days; he lived on water now he doesn't eat altogether. Only sometimes when he was being forced to eat by his yami.

It came as a surprise to him that Marik could actually cook and he was a good one too. Malik wondered where he actually got the food and how he actually was cooking. It was Marik's way of apologizing so he accepted it. He didn't eat that much because he really wasn't that hungry or even hungry at all. He learned that it wasn't safe to not eat. People would actually tell how others weren't eating. Their ribs will stick out, they'll look almost like a living skeleton, and they'd be wearing baggy clothes. Yes that was how Malik was right now but it's not like anyone noticed except Yugi and Ryou. They noticed a few things and actually confronted him about it but he just gave them a fake answer. He figured that they didn't believe him but they just took it and didn't bother him about it for the day. Malik overheard them talking to each other about him and it was not directed to him.

So he avoided them for the day and the rest of the week. Malik even tried to get transferred to another school but he wasn't accepted. He knew why. He had no other choice but to stay in the school. He would ditch just to get back home away from everyone. Plus he would never see his sister leave to work at the museum in the morning and never see her come home. But in the morning he would always see breakfast ready. He always told himself that he was going to be late for school and never ate. He got used to it and never ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner. One time Isis was home for dinner and asked him if he wanted to eat but he declined and said he got an earlier snack. He hated lying since that was what he did before but now he'd doing it even more.

He was beginning to get tired of walking around and sat on the cement of an abandoned alley. No one would mind him so he just opted to stay there. He was in between a big house and a small shop. This time the rain came down harder since it started and didn't stop. Not much people were on the street, walking. There were a few only. He closed his eyes and figured that he would just sleep in the spot he found. He drew up his knees and wrapped his arms around them to hold him up and to keep warm. He dropped his head down to rest.

Malik felt the hard, cold droplets of the rain pouring down on him on his back. He knew that it wasn't right but it felt comforting to him. The bliss he felt was stopped when something hovered over him. He lifted his head a bit to see if the rain actually stopped. But it didn't. He saw a pair of legs and trailed his eyes up towards the person. It was a woman that could be considered twenty-one. As he stared she smiled at him. It was a bit freaky to him but he didn't care.

"Why are you out here? It's raining hard too." The black haired woman asked.

"I just needed a place to sleep," Malik answered.

"Oh, I don't think that you should be staying out here, it is dangerous, especially dark alleyways like this. You never know what might be hiding behind in the shadows at this time of night."

"I don't mind." Malik said quickly trying to end the conversation. He wondered why the woman was being so persistent.

"Heh, why don't you come with me child?" Malik looked at her eyes. The deep red pools of a demon's eyes entranced him. She held out her hand towards him. He took it. "Do not worry child, after this is all over you can rest peacefully knowing that your life will be changed forever."

They then disappeared in the shadows as if they were never there at all.

* * *

Kinshin: I did my best to write this story without POV because I really don't know what the hell I'm doing but anyways…

Like it? Review! ^_^