Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Damaged ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Damaged

Part 2

Malik's POV

I woke up. I saw that I was in my room. I tried to track what happened last night of course I couldn't remember. It was hazy and straining my brain so much it was giving me a headache. Plus I couldn't move either. I felt restraint but didn't find any. It passed after awhile. I sat up and leaned against the headboard of the bed and sighed. I really didn't feel too well. It was cold without the blanket on but it felt so hot.

I got up from the bed but then fell back. The room was spinning. I blinked to get the images to clear. I climbed back into the blanket because it was a bit cold and pulled the blanket up to my neck. The room was dark but with a little light. I was grateful for that. Some reason now I didn't like it too bright like lamplights. They really don't appeal to me anymore. I shook those thought from my head. I wonder where they came from.

I heard a creak coming from the not oiled hinges of the door. I cringed at that. It was kinda annoying. I closed my eyes hoping the person would get the message that I'm still asleep. I felt the presence behind me. I couldn't tell who it was. Then I heard a few footsteps walking away. The door was shut. I sighed and sat up.

My headache was back again. I wish it would just go away like a minute thing.

"Hn. Finally you're awake."

I snapped my head up to see Marik standing in front of me. I instantly tensed up. I didn't want to run out or pass out in the middle of the house just running. I expected a blow to my face but none of it came. Instead I felt arms encircle me in a comforting embrace.

What the hell?!

I tensed up. Maybe this was just some joke and that my mind is still hazy and I'm still in a dream where I'm just imagining things because I know that Marik is not like this. He only is in my fantasy world.

"Shhhhh, relax." He said whispering in my ear. I don't think I would like to trust his word. Last time I let him do this he practically beat me until I was almost dead and that was just before I actually stopped eating. I, of course, acted stupid and pushed him away. I scrambled off the bed and stood up on the other side of the bed.

I know what I did is something I should've never done. I heard those voices that keep saying things to me about how others really feel about me. I believe them. They say that things that you hear are supposed to be the truth. I think the fact that everyone avoids me is because they think I'm different than them, I'm not suppose to be there at all. I'm supposed to disappear. I think the only people who I actually have conversations with are Yugi and Ryou. They're nice but I think they're just putting on an act not wanting to feel guilty. I wouldn't want them to feel that way so I always stray and avoid them as much as I can.

I immediately snapped out of my thoughts because now I think I'm in a worse predicament. I saw Marik's eye twitch. I don't know if it's in annoyance or something else.

"Here I come in to apologize and all you do IS SHOVE ME AWAY?!" he yelled at the last.

I think I'm busted. I didn't want to accept his apologies anymore. He would just do the same thing anyways later on. Plus I didn't want him to find out that I haven't been eating anything at all. He knows what the whole conditions are nowadays. So he learned all that and I didn't think that he could actually remember all of that. I guess I underestimated his intelligence. I backed up a bit. I didn't want to run around outside again.

Marik walked closer. At this point I should be running but I didn't have the strength or the will to move. I just stood at my place. Hoping that it would be over soon. I felt myself shoved against the wall with Marik's hand on my neck blocking my breathing. I didn't have my gold choker around so he had the opportunity. I wish he would actually finish the job and get it over with. I know that he must be tired of me already, everyone else is.

I didn't struggle. I was used to doing this to myself with the thin sheets on my bed. But I only passed out not actually dieing. I always do that to go to sleep since I couldn't go to sleep on my own and was too lazy to get sleeping pills. I heard that about probably two handfuls of sleeping pills could kill you. Gee why didn't I try that instead of just starving myself and look like a ------- skeleton?

I felt myself being dropped on the floor. I coughed a bit and gasped for air. I'm surprised that I could think of all that and still breathe. I wonder why breathing is somehow necessary. I hear that some myth creatures don't really need to breathe why do we? Stupid health. I think it's just a natural reaction. We're being fed information that everyone is supposed to believe. I think it's a psychology thing. I tried not to breathe once it only hurt. I guess the psychology thing is real.

I just stared at the floor. I know that I'm supposed to accept his apologies but I just can't anymore. He'll just do it again as always. He tries real hard at trying not to hurt me but I think it's because he has to keep me alive so he could be alive in this century. I don't mind. I guess when he can't take this life anymore all he has to do is kill me and that'll be over for him. I was thinking if I was to die before he even got to kill me.

I saw him walk away but I did catch some of the mumbling words, `worthless' and `pathetic'. It seems those are the words that really describe me now. How come I couldn't catch any of the good words like Yugi and Ryou always receive? I didn't care about that anymore. I used to wonder what it would be like to be actually talked too and appreciated to be around with but I still don't have it. I must be that worthless and pathetic to everyone. Does Isis feel that way too? I bet she does. Should I do her a favor and leave? She probably won't notice me when I'm gone.

I felt ache in my chest. My thoughts always have that affect. It hurt and I always force the tears that are threatening to fall back. I didn't want anyone to come in and see that I'm weak, worthless, and pathetic. I lied on the floor on my side. The bed was blocking my view of the door. So I was on the far side of the door. I should just sleep on the floor I don't deserve the bed. I'm just burdening it with my worthless carcass.

The ground felt very cold. It felt like the cold rain that usually manages to hit me every time I run out and have to sleep outside. In fact I never see Isis actually ask me where I've been outside all those times. I guess she really doesn't care what happens to me anymore like she used to when we were kids. Things never last forever. That's all I got out of my life.

I rested my head on my folded arm that is being a pillow for the night. I know that it would end up numb when I get up in the morning but I don't care. I'll just shake my arm until the blood starts rushing in. I instantly closed my eyes and fell to sleep back into the dream world where everything is just fantasy not reality.

Dream Sequence* * * *

It was a bloody moon. It didn't bother to separate itself from everything else. Where it's light touches giving the scenery a red hue. I didn't bother exploring. All I saw was pink Sakura trees. No matter how happy they look the feeling was cold and distant, like a dead corpse. I didn't like the touch of a dead corpse. I never felt one but I think it feels like it.

I then heard a woman's loud scream behind me. I swiftly turned around, my curiosity killing me. I gasped. I wanted to run but I felt my eyes glued to the sight as my legs are frozen stiff to the ground.

A woman that looked very familiar was lying down dead on the ground. Her skin was as pale as a full moon if only the blood didn't touch it. There were two bite marks on her neck with a bit of blood running down from the puncture. There next to her body was a man that was about in his twenties also. He had fangs visibly shown along with a smirk. Then he turned his attention towards me. I wanted to look away and run but my eyes were just glued there.

He walked towards me very slowly with each haunting step. I wonder why I couldn't move. Wasn't this my dream?

I gasp as I saw him stop in front of me. He lifted up my chin and making me look at him.

"So you're the new one. Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I knew that she would look for another one. The other one died," he said. "You're interesting human. I never expected your kind to have shadow magic as we, Children of the Night, have dark magic. I'm curious as to why you were ch-" The guy was blasted aside by a gust of wind coming from behind. Shouldn't it affect me too? He hit a Sakura tree and crumpled to the ground.

"You do not need to know my business, Tatsuha," a woman's voice said from behind me. I turned to see that it was the same woman that looked-was-dead a minute ago. What the hell is going on here?! She looked at me and smiled. "I know that you have plenty of questions child. I shall answer them when we meet again but for now…" she began as she brushed strands of my hair from my face as if a mother would do to a child, "…you have to wake up."

End Dream Sequence* * * *

I bolted up into a sitting position. I was panting for air. That didn't seem too intense but what the hell was that? Is it just some dream? But it felt so real. Something wet splashed on my hand. I look to see that it was blood. I reached at the bottom of my cheek to feel a bit of blood. I rushed to the bathroom adjoined to my room and looked into the mirror. I gasp. They were like in the dream when that guy's nails broke through my skin.

No, that isn't real. I just probably did that in my sleep. It won't happen if I go to sleep again. I went out and saw the clock. It said that it was time to get up for school again. I didn't like school. You go to school for twelve years and then you get a job then you retire then you die a few years later. You just go somewhere where you're not even going to use most of the shit that they teach you. But it's a law. Children are forced to go to school. It's ironic that children who aren't in school want to go and the children, who are, like me, don't even want to. Not exactly like me but for the ones who hate school.

I changed and then went downstairs. I was hoping to avoid Marik for the morning. I looked around downstairs to not see him in sight. I sighed. I guess he's still sleeping. Maybe I shouldn't go to school today say I'm sick. No, that won't do. The teachers and headmaster didn't care. So I'll just walk around town again and hope I don't run into this stupid gang that thinks they're better than them.

As I stepped out the door my stomach growled a little. It was begging for me to feed it but I resisted the urge to do that. I walked ways away and grabbed a bottled water on the way. If it was hungry then it will just have to bear with the water. I'm in control not it. But as soon as the water went through my mouth I spit it back out. I don't know why the water tasted… disgusting. Was this a machine to torture me also? Give me bad water? I bet someone is operating my whole life for me in this town and every single person is in it also. I threw the water away as soon as I came upon a trashcan.

I know that it was a waste but I'm also a waste in this world. It's too bad that some people would actually mourn me if I die. Is it possible to be that forgotten that you won't even have you're only living relative not care about you? I guess that she's also part of my torture group.

Not that I wouldn't expect it. I already know her answer. Aren't families helpful?

I cruised around the town. It was the same thing I saw yesterday out in the rain. I wish it would just rain again. Maybe this time I'll pass out, get a very high fever, and die. That is what I'm supposed to be doing on my spare time, finding new ways to kill myself. Then I'll be out of everyone's way. No one would actually care if I did that activity. They would just avoid me and call me weird and all that. It'll be easier that way.

I passed a familiar alleyway. It was between a huge house and a small store. I recalled my memory but it came by so fast I couldn't really see what I am supposed to remember. It was bright and sunny outside I wonder why the windows in the house and store were so dark. Maybe it's some thing the people that own and live there wanted to keep the lights dim or something.

A shadow loomed over me. I turned around to see the woman from my dream. I think she is. She almost looks like her. She had the same long black hair with the pale complexion. But she was completely dressed in black with sunglasses on with a black umbrella. Why would she need an umbrella? It's not raining.

"Hello young man. I'm surprised to see you here so soon," she said.

The dream was…real?

"But of course you must be alone again. Why don't you come over? I can't be out in the sun too long because it could hurt my skin. And my house is just right here. Would you like to come in?" she said smiling.

She looks trustful enough. I nodded and followed her in.

"Have a seat," she said gesturing to the couch in the living room. I sat down. I don't know why but the place feels comfortable like I don't want to leave it ever.

"So I see you don't have a fever. You must be crazy to stay out in the rain yesterday."

"What are you talking about?" I asked in surprise at how she knew that.

"Well don't you remember? I'm the one who found you sitting or sleeping between my house and store. I thought that you were someone else of course if you couldn't resist what I was saying to you, you were just a normal person but now you aren't."

"What are you saying?"

"C'mon my child. It's almost nightfall we should start hunting."

After she said those words I remembered darkness and nothing more.

Kinshin: I'm sorry I took so long. And I apologize for anything being longer in waiting. Anyways I'd like to thank the visitors for reading this fic. And I hope you enjoyed.

Like it? Review! ^_^