Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Damaged ❯ Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm sorry I took so long! I just didn't have any ideas for it yet. But I tried to get it going into something but kept changing my mind.

Kinshin: I'd like to thank you visitors! Here's the next chapter.

Damaged

Part 3

Marik's POV

I waited for Malik to come home. Apparently he hasn't returned yet. It was I think ten at night right now and it was ticking me off that he could be somewhere where I can't reach him.

Why should I care? I don't know.

Lately I've been having these confusing feelings at the back of my mind. I don't know where they were coming from. At times I would feel pain, loneliness, and sadness. I know for a fact that they weren't mine. I don't feel any of those mortal weak feelings like my hikari's sister. I had a feeling that they were Malik's. It just has his name written on it purely.

Now these days since Isis is so busy with the new shipments for the museum coming in she's putting me in charge of taking care of Malik. I'm surprised that she didn't notice any bruises and the fact that he doesn't eat the morning meals since he has to walk and always wakes up late. I think he's weak now. He doesn't eat in the morning and he never eats when he comes back. Every time Isis always asks if he wants dinner he just says he is still full from the lunch he had before coming home. I didn't know he ate lunch after school. Did the bullies actually take his lunch instead? Why should he be afraid of them? Hasn't he threatened them ever since he beat them? His matters at school are no concern of mine. I don't go there.

I heard the front door open and close. I was thinking it was Malik. Good. I could beat the information out of him as to why he was late in coming home. When the person entered the living room it was Isis. Great, just what I need.

"Marik is Malik here?" she asked in worry.

"Why?" I answered. I wasn't in the mood to tell her that he's disappeared for some time and hasn't called. In fact he never calls anyways, why should now be any different?

"Because I asked you a favor!" she yelled in annoyance. Must be her time of month.

"No."

"What do you mean no?" she asked calmly this time. If she actually blew up the buildup of Malik's long night out is starting to really take control.

"I mean he's not here. Is that clear enough for you?" I said sarcastically.

"Did he call?" she asked with a bit of panic.

"No."

"Do you know where he is? Couldn't you track him down?"

"Not unless the link is open, which happens to be blocked right now so why don't you try something different or come back later when it's available." I growled in anger.

"Watch it Marik. You don't want to end up trapped in the rod for a week again do you?" I scowled at that. If only I had my rod right now I'll chuck it at her to death.

She opened her mouth to say something but the door opened and then closed. Malik walked in. I can tell by his presence. He passed by as if he didn't see us there. He went up the steps and into his room. He locked the door. That was…odd. I noticed something dripped on the floor. I took a look and saw that it was red. Could it be blood? I glared in anger. No one is suppose to hurt my hikari but me. I stomped upstairs hoping to get answers so I could kill the foolish mortal that did it.

I pounded on the door. I yelled at him to open it since I was impatient that he didn't even open it immediately. I'm not a very patient person. After I stopped I heard a click signaling that the door is unlocked.

I busted in making the door hit the wall it collided with. I was hoping that it would hit Malik too but Malik was already on the other side of the bed. I saw that the bed hasn't been slept in and was neatly folded. Malik didn't even go on the bed, instead he lied himself down on the floor facing the wall staring at it blankly. Is he trying to avoid me? Well I'll make him notice me. I quickly shut the door and locked it because Isis might come up here and investigate.

Malik's POV

I know what I'm doing is wrong but I just don't want to feel anything anymore. She promised that I wouldn't, she said I could repress anything if I wanted to. I felt a sharp kick to my stomach and was flung two feet away from Marik. I know that it was he. If this were the house then it would be he, if it was outside it would be someone else. I'll just pretend to ignore him and then he might go away. I slowly stood up the best I could with my weak body being abused again.

/It's just nothing. It's nature./

I heard a low growl. Oh no he heard it.

I felt a swift punch to my face and another one, left, right, left, right…it continued. When he stopped his assault I fell to the ground. Why can't he stop? Why is he always doing this? Why am I letting him? Maybe if I stayed down then he would stop.

He shook me hard trying to let me up but I didn't. Finally he stopped but he kicked me again and I gave myself away but letting out a scream. I clutched my stomach. Nothing has been in it for a long time so it hurts. I'm lucky that my room is bare with basically nothing in it. I don't deserve it anyways. I should not try that again.

"Has nature not been nice to you recently?" Marik asked sarcastically.

"No," I managed to get out, "But something else is." I finished. I felt another swift kick to my stomach and several more.

He pulled my hair making me look up. I bit my lip to keep from Isis hearing what was going on. Last time I did that Marik practically killed me when he was able to get out of the rod. I wish…he would just finish the job.

"What was that?" he hissed in my ear.

"Go to hell." I know what I'm doing is stupid but maybe this time he could finish the job.

He pulled me up by my hair and punched me repeatedly. "Been. There. Done. That. It. Has. An. Opening. I. Think. They're. Accepting. Visitors. Would. You. Like. To. See?" he said after each punch. I'm bleeding profusely now.

I found myself back to where I started. Up against the wall with his hand choking me. I still didn't bother to struggle. I didn't bother gasping for air either. I just breathe like everyone does. I mean what's the point of struggling if he's just going to go through with it right? So I just waited until he makes me pass out. If he's even going to go that far or farther as I prefer.

He dropped me instead of continuing. I mentally cursed in my head. Why didn't he do it? Does he still need me here? Is that my purpose in life? To let Marik beat the shit out of me when he wants too? That kind of life feels…

Empty.

But I guess it's something to live for. Isn't that why others have others? So that they could be happy? If me being his punching bag makes him happy then I guess I can't complain. It's my fault that I fell hard for him. That was the main reason why I didn't leave. He was the only one who actually acknowledges me everyday even if it is just for this. But then there is her. She said she would get rid of my pain forever. It was eternal and that I couldn't go back. So I didn't give her my decision yet. I had to wait and thought about giving Marik a chance to change but I'm beginning to realize that they are just false hopes like having friends and family to care about you.

I felt so tired. Marik already left to sleep in the spare room we had. Me I just lied down on the floor. Forget a bed. I shivered as a cold, chilly breeze brushed my skin. I don't remember leaving the window open. I stood up and saw that the window was closed. But I don't know why it's cold in here. I looked towards the window. What if I jumped?

I walked over and opened the window letting the cold breeze of the night usher in. It felt colder now. I looked down to the sidewalk. Two stories is said not to kill you but if you land wrongly it could. I saw her again. Why is she here? She looked up at me and smiled. She gestured for me to come outside with her in the cold lightning rain.

I cleaned myself up and fixed my bleeding face and went downstairs. I heard Isis call to me but I didn't answer I was already out the door. Akino-san was already ahead walking in the direction she was walking on. I caught up to her and went around town with her all night and didn't return until dawn.

Like it? Review! ^_^