Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dance Away ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't anything from Yu-Gi-Oh…although I would like to own a couple of the guys…^_~

Sharem: This is my first Yu-Gi-Oh story...and my first yaoi story as well…^_^; The main character will be Yugi, but I don't know who I'm going to pair him up just yet. Also, this story is based on the song, "Dance Away" from the anime, Project A-ko. I would call this a songfic, but I don't really know how to go about writing one…*sweatdrops*

Dance Away

Chapter One

A young teen of about seventeen years of age walked tiredly through the streets of Domino. The weather was currently matching his mood. The sky was overcast and gray with a sheen of rain pelting the teen's frail-looking form. He opened his eyes and looked up, sadness radiating from his violet orbs. The rain had matted his usual spiky, tri-colored hair to his head, but the teen did not care at the moment. Right now, his heart was breaking.

"Yugi! Wait up!" a girl's voice called out to the boy. Yugi turned to see a girl about the same again run up to him.

"What do you want, Anzu?" the tri-colored hair boy asked tiredly. He saw the look of sadness in her eyes and knew that she was feeling as torn as he.

Anzu heaved a sigh and glanced at her shorter friend. "I'm so sorry that all of this happened," she blurted out. "I didn't mean for you to get hurt by all of this. Please, forgive me…" She hung her head in shame, her shoulder length brown hair getting soaked in the rain.

Yugi lightly caressed the girl's cheek, the rain hiding the tears that were streaming down his face. "Of course I forgive you, Anzu. We have been friends for far too long to let this get between us…but…I need some time to think, some time to be alone."

The brown haired girl nodded dejectedly, thoroughly understanding the emotions that her friend was going through. She let her own tears slide freely down her cheeks as she spied the young man she had called her boyfriend for two years walk away in the gray mist created by the falling rain.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yugi Mutou kept walking through the rain until he found himself in front of a two story building made out of red brick. He was about to keep on going, but the music that was emanating from the structure called deeply to his soul. The strong beats of the tunes drew the teen inside the edifice. The sounds, sights and smells assaulted his senses as he gazed about the huge space in amazement.

He was inside a huge dance club. The speakers blasted the latest in techno and party music while the lights flashed throughout the club with multiple colors, making it seem like the duelist was swimming in a sea of rainbows. The people in the club saw the newcomer and nodded at him as they went back to whatever they were doing. This amazed the young man as he walked over to the bar and sat down on a stool, watching people dance.

"Whatcha want ta drink?" a gruff sounding voice nearly yelled, getting the teen's attention.

Yugi turned to see a burly young man with a wire mustache and balding head stare at him from behind the bar. "I…I…um…a coke please?" the duelist stammered.

The bartender chuckled for a moment and got a mug of the soda and handed it to the boy. "I see that you're new here, kid," the older man rumbled out. "Only those with desperation and heartbreak in their souls seem to find their way to my establishment."

Yugi took a sip of the drink and tilted his head in curiosity at the man, his sadness forgotten, if only for a moment. "What…do you mean?"

The man chuckled, the sound not exactly soft. "You'll find out soon enough kid. You look like you need a pick me up…why don't you go up to the floor and dance?"

The tri-color haired boy shrugged. "I don't know…I don't know how to really dance…my girl…my ex -girlfriend tried to teach me. But I guess I'll give it a try."

A particularly fast paced song started playing when the young teen shyly walked onto the dance floor. Some of the dancers made room for the diminutive duelist on the floor. One of the dancers, a red headed youth with silvery eyes made his way over to Yugi.

"First time here, eh?" the boy asked.

Yugi nodded as the taller boy showed him what to do. They began dancing in time to the music, swaying their hips to the beat. They were dancing that way when a new song started playing…

Your imagination is all you really need

When you start believing love is just a kiss away

Life is what you make it there's no guarantee

It's you who has the power

And love is just a dance away

Yugi just let his soul bleed into the song, let his heart flow into the dance. His partner noticed the look of bliss on the duelist's face and smiled gently as they danced more…

When you start believing

You can do anything

Let the magic fill you

Take you above the highest star

A dark cloaked figure entered the dance club, shaking the rain off of the raincoat he was wearing. He looked around at the people and saw the two boys dancing on the stage. He became mesmerized by their rhythmic motions…

Dance Away

Your sorrow

Dance Away

Tomorrow in your heart you will find the answer

Dance away you heartbreak

Dance away you might make

All your dreams turn into reality

Another boy entered the building and put aside the umbrella he was holding off to one side. He went over to the bar and ordered something to drink. The bartender got it for the boy quickly and nodded. This was another one of the club's young regulars. The boy sipped his drink and nearly spit it out when he saw Yugi on the floor dancing…

When the world around you has got you feelin' down

Don't go on forgetting love is just a touch away

When someone has found you don't let him get away

Don't go on regretting 'cause love is just a dance away

The boy who spat out his drink stared at Yugi, his lithe form moving sensuously across the floor with the red headed boy. He never knew that the duelist could move so exotically…so appealingly in his eyes…

When you start believing

You can do anything

Let the music take you

Then let it dance you away

The dark cloaked figure sat down in a secluded table so he could keep a discreet eye out on the young Yugi. He knew that this boy had suffered heartbreak, but had lost himself in the song and the dance. He wished that he was the red head dancing with the young duelist…

Dance away the night

Dance into the light

Dance away the night

Dance away

As the song died away, Yugi felt his heart had lifted, even if just for a little while. He sighed softly and turned to look at his dance partner. "Thank you," the tri-colored haired boy stated, smiling shyly at the red head.

The red-headed boy grinned back at the duelist and shrugged. "You looked like you needed a friend, kid," he responded merrily, his silver eyes twinkling. He held out his hand and introduced himself. "I'm Tatsu Hikarimono and my friend owns this place."

Yugi took the boy's hand in his and shook it eagerly. "I'm Yugi…Yugi Mutou."

Tatsu's eyes widened for a moment and then grinned. "You're THE Yugi Mutou? The winner of Duelist Kingdom? That is so cool! I've always wanted to play Duel Monsters…"

Yugi giggled slightly, watching the red head. "You know, I could teach you to play the game…if you can teach me to dance better."

"You bet!" Tatsu exclaimed happily, his energy seemed to be overtaking him.

The redhead's antics did not go unnoticed by Yugi's two watchers…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yugi arrived back at the Turtle Game Shop late that night, but feeling a little better than he was feeling earlier in the day. His step was lighter as he walked into the living room of his home. He noticed that his grandfather had retired early for the night and Yami was nowhere to be seen. The teen shrugged as he took off his jacket and walked into the kitchen, wanting to get something to eat.

As he was rummaging through the refrigerator, the Pharaoh strolled in. He had felt that his hikari was feeling a little better and he smiled at the shorter boy.

"Aibou, how are you feeling?" Yami asked, wanting his light to be feeling better.

Yugi looked up and smiled at the spirit. "I'm doing better, thanks for asking, Yami," he answered as he pulled out a box with cold pizza in it. "I found this dance club and danced…the music made me feel better."

The ancient spirit smiled and nodded as he made his way out of the kitchen. "I can tell that you are a little happier, my light, through our connection. And I can see that you made a friend at this place…"

Yugi nodded as he took a bite out of a slice of pizza. After chewing for a couple minutes and swallowing, he answered. "Yeah, I did…his name is Tatsu…Tatsu Hikarimono."

Yami appeared to freeze for a moment and then seemed to smile again. "That's…an interesting name. What's the name of this establishment?"

"Oh, let me see…The club is called the Silver Dragon."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: I hope that this first chapter is okay…considering this is my first story in this section…^_^; the chapter wasn't as long as I wanted it to be, but it seemed to be okay.