Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Seduction ❯ Feeling for the Forbidden: Phase 1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: No excuses here. You guys have been on my back about this, so here's an update  
 
Dark Seduction Part 4: Phase 1    
 
`Okay...' Joey thought between heavy and near-defeated pants. `This…is it…' he continued to himself as he stood only mere feet away from Marik on the dueling platform. The intensity of their duel showed brutally on him, and he barely was able to keep his focus during the most determining part of the duel. He and Marik both had low Life Points and only one of them had a monster on the field. `Easy easy…you've got the upper hand…Just don't lose it…!' Joey coached to himself as he looked over his hand, then lifted his glossed eyes to his opponent. “I end my turn.” He announced, covering up his obvious pain and sounding cheerful. “Bettah do sumthin quick or in the next round, you can say buh-bye to your Life Points!” he proclaimed, whisking his matted bangs away from his forehead.
Amused, Marik laughed, then glared at Joey with icey eyes. “Such confidence coming from such a lost and diluted soul. You seem rather eager to lose, and I must say I can't blame you.” “What's that?!” Joey retaliated, almost finding himself at a loss of breath from such an outburst. “You must be talking about yourself, Frankenstein, cuz Joey Wheeler is far from admitting defeat!” “Oh? Then I must be mistaken, but not likely…” Marik mused, then licked his lips at his next thought “…I suppose I should end this quickly and tell your dear sister sweet Serenity the hurtful news. Poor girl may not be able to take it. She'll need plenty of comfort after seeing your pathetic soul strewn across the floor like a ragged doll. Heheh… Actually, it would be my pleasure to take good care of her…. And quite frankly, I'd say I'd enjoy having you out of the way, you fool…!”
Joey's eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat at the sound of his sister's name being spoken so casually by a psycho-maniac and sneered at Marik. “Don't you DARE talk about Serenity like you know her! And as long as I'm still around, she'd never belong to a creep like you, so shut your trap and take your turn already before I do! …ow!” he yelped through gritted teeth, to keep his obvious pain hidden from his opponent. It wasn't working. A chuckle escaped from Marik from the sight of Joey's failed attempts. “Ohhhh anxious are we? Heheh… It seems like I hit a sensitive spot. Well, I suppose I have to finish the job and guess what? I'm feeling particularly lucky today!”
“Bastard” Joey scoffed acidicly under his breath and clenched a fist to fight against the pain coursing through his body. “Yeah…?!Well… I'd like tuh…see you…try it!!” With a dark and sadistic chuckle, Marik wagged a finger at him then placed two of them on his next card and prepared to draw. With a sneer, he mocked Joey's battered tone. “As…you…wish…fool…!”  
 
**
  Back in the halls of the blimp, it had to take Serenity all she had not to break down and start sobbing from what was going on. She knew that Marik was upto no good and would go through anyone to get what he wanted, even through her own brother… `…What about me…' she thought, raising a shaky finger to her cheek and wiping away invisible tears, `…would Marik do the same to me to get whatever he wanted…? Even after the things he's said to me….' Her thoughts became silent momentarily as her fingers lightly touched her lips. `…or…the ways that he's kissed me… Does that…mean nothing at all either to him…?!'
A faint sound escaped her as a solitary tear crept down her cheek and she lazily wiped it away. She knew what the outcome of the duel would be, but coming to grips with the situation was beyond her at the moment. She just couldn't do it. With a faint cry, Serenity grasped her head with shaky and clammy hands and sank to her knees. `I can't do this…!' she cried in her tortured mind `…Joey can't stand upto Marik…Marik would kill him--!' A sharp gasp echoed through the empty hall as Serenity realized the words of her thoughts and looked up with a mixture of shock and tears strewn across her pale face. Her lack of breath soon became short sounds of frantic gasping for air as the impact of her thoughts finally hit her hard. `…Oh…Joey…' she whispered in her mind, while struggling to regain her breath `…This is all my fault…Why am I doing this to you….!'
 
After letting a deep sniffle pass, she shook her head, trying to refuse her admittance of the truth that it was all her doing, and even while Marik was the catalyst to bring out her emotions, as he said before, she was the one that had acted on them. Deep down, she knew she wanted to see her brother lose to Marik. But why? Why be guilty of wanting someone you claim to care the most about, to lose their soul? Their feelings? The very things that made you smile because of what a person they were and how much the meant to you? With another sob, Serenity shook her head roughly and slouched over onto the palm of her hands and briefly ignored the floor's coldness. And for a second, she sympathized with the floor, almost feeling the exact way it did. Ice cold. Shivering a little from the realization of what could possibly display the truth of her whole heart, Serenity sniffled again and lead her watery eyes up from the floor to the distant, seemingly endless hall beyond, then upwards some more to the heavily lighted ceiling.
 
Staring at it wordless, her mind became a dwelling for disturbed and guilty thoughts as each one caused the tears in her eyes to increase and blurred the view of the lights with a glossy film. “.....” After piercing minutes that felt like hours, Serenity let her eyes drop back to the floor, as another wave of a shiver passed through her and leaned back against the closest wall. Thoughts of Marik, his words, and his movements littered her mind and for the second time that day, she didn't try to dispose of them…not as quickly as she should have… Just by letting him stay within her mind for even a minute opened another door that should not have been made ajar. …The door that held the key to the most secretive and deep areas of her very heart that even she wasn't fully aware of. Although the thought of Marik being close to her had crossed her mind several times, she could never see herself acting on something forbidden that could never be…
Or could she…?
Taking a deep breath, then exhaling, she unintentionally began to yawn and instinctively covered her mouth lightly. Overwhelmed with the events that had led upto this moment, and the duel between her brother and forbidden desire, Marik, Serenity shivered once more before closing her eyes and falling into a swift sleep against the wall.
 
  *~*  
 
The moment she opened her eyes, Serenity found herself floating and drifting through a strange and dark place she didn't fully recognize. She knew that she was dreaming, but dreaming about what and where was partially unclear to her.
The atmosphere of it felt familiar and struck a few chords deep within her, but that wasn't enough. “Where am I…?” she murmured, the timid tone of her voice bouncing off the swells of darkness around her.
“What is this place…? It feels almost…like I've been here…but I…” Her words trailed off as a sharp, yet almost remorsefully soothing sensation flowed through her chest, pinched her heart, drifted through her back and left her. Feeling a mixture of relief and comfort, a light hand touched her heart as a faint smile brushed across her lips. “…who was that…” she whispered, still contently indulging in the sensation the entity left behind, and missing the `mistake' of one of her words.
In pure contrast to the deep and dark colors that surrounded her, whatever passed through her felt warm in a way she had never felt before. It felt familiar, but at the same time, so different… “…Marik…?” she uttered, hardly noticing her own voice saying such a name the way she did, then shook her head; her motion slowed by the density in the uncharted atmosphere surrounding her. “No, I shouldn't be thinking about him… I need to get him out of my mind before Joey--”
“Why don't you help him then…” A light voice, warped and slowed from the properties of the area, called out to her. A gasp was all Serenity could emit, and looking around. “Who…who are you?” she asked; her words carrying the tone of a statement more than a question. “What do you want?” she continued, her fear quickly outweighing her curiosity in wanting the person to be identified.
But, as if knowing of the unborn words that wished to be spoken in her heart, there was a chuckle as the faint flickers of a form began to appear around her--granting her unspoken request. Still reminding herself of the fear she had about actually seeing this person, Serenity attempted to look away, but kept one eye open to take a peek.
A rather tall and tanned figure with dirty blondish hair and exotic violet eyes appeared before her. One look at his exterior and Serenity found herself giving him her full attention. His hair was the first thing her eyes caught a hold of and she repeatedly told herself that this was Marik, but something wasn't right. “…Marik…?!” she said in a confused and hushed voice, a placed a supportive hand to ease the frantic beating of her heart. Gazing at him with wide and glossed eyes that held both captivation as well as dismay and dejection, Serenity had to take a few deep but short breaths in order to keep herself steady.
If Marik was here, then where was she? Looking around again, she noticed the dark colored clouds and swirls of darkness around her and remembered how cold and deceivingly welcoming they felt to her the first time she observed them. But now, in the area she was in with this person, the slight warmth that was there didn't feel as deceptive as an illusion…
Curious, she returned her lucid eyes to the one that stood before her and unintentionally locked her gaze within his. Those eyes… They held the same exotic appearance of Marik's and the same shade.
She lightly shook her head. `No, that isn't it…' she thought while narrowing her gaze and venturing deeper into his. There was a burdening sadness in his eyes, but also a joy she never saw in Marik's eyes at all. Risking getting closer, Serenity, still afloat, drifted to him with a perplexed look on her face.
Unable to do much of anything else but watch this girl get so dangerously close to him, the tanned male curled his lips into a frown and slightly turned his face away from her. “What are you doing…” he snapped arrogantly “I'm not who you think I am, so I suggest that it would be wise of you to keep your distance…” Feeling a twinge of hurt in her heart, Serenity instantly recoiled and drifted a ways away from him. Keeping a secure hand to her chest as if having it there would provide some sort of protection, Serenity bit her lip and nearly choked on her timid words. “…Marik…? No, you're not…”
The male scoffed and turned his back to her. “It took you long enough. And no, I'm not him.” He paused, and lowered his attention elsewhere to a section of the surrounding darkness before he spoke again. “…I'm his …other side. …The weaker one…” he muttered, the last part almost inaudible. Serenity shuddered and began to struggle with her next words. “Then…what is--” “It's Malik.” he stated bluntly, and slightly turned his body to face her. “…And this place we're in…is inside his mind…”
 
TO BE CONTINUED!!...  
 
  A/n: Thanx to Lady Chrystina again for emailing me about updating. The truth is, I had this chapter partially done for months, but if I posted it then, it would have only been one page in length, and that wasn't the quality I was looking to do for this story. So…after really sitting down with it, and in-between classes at that, I began adding some more, then got to 3 pages, then thought of ending it there when Serenity fell asleep. But, again I refused to end it there, so I continued. It was a challenge with the dream, to get it started and I almost gave up 4 -5 times in letting it be part of this chapter, but I went against that too. And so, because I kept going another twist was added ^^;;; It's a little funny how some things work out. But, as said by Farah from Tales of Destiny 2 (yeah, I'm just now started to really go through that game. ^^;;; I'm more than a few years late lol but oh well!) “Nothing ventured, nothing gained” I shouldn't want to give up so easily. O.o you know? Well, I have some ideas for the next chapter. I'll keep writing, as long as my artwork ties me down!   Well, catch ya'll later!! And thanx for putting up with the wait. It'll be well worth it. Oh! And the mentioned of Mailk's eyes have the same `shade' as Marik's was an artist's term meaning, the color of his eyes plus a darker one, making his eyes appear to be a type of dark violet rather than regular or a bright one.   -Mel