Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dedication ❯ Somewhat Perfect ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I've been thinking about doing a CYOA since I just stumbled upon a few and liked them so much. But instead I'm doing this, why? I have no clue… I've just had this idea for a while now and needed to get it out. So, I guess expect my CYOA around summer time…

Sapna is my character and will most likely have a tiny appearance in the rest of my stories.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Malik, can you help me with this?!" Isis yelled up the stairs from the foyer, currently standing over a large boxed statue. The woman jumped when a deep voice came from behind her.

"Why not allow me to help, Isis-sama? I'm sure Master Malik is busy packing in his new room, and Merik is most likely doing the same." Rishid smiled slightly, one of those rare, tiny smiles that only one of the Ishtar household saw.

"Thank you." Isis practically huffed out. The family of four had newly bought the house in Domino, after Battle City and all the dramatic events. The Pharaoh had successfully rid Malik of his yami… from his body that is, causing the taller, more muscular teenager to be separate. He agreed to live civilized; otherwise a most unfortunate fate would await the young man from Yami. He and Malik occasionally fought, but otherwise had forgiven and forgot the whole ordeal. Isis leaned back against the soft lilac wall and smiled in pride. She bought this house for the most important three young men in her life, hoping to make them happy and find peace and comfort within each other. She was usually gone off the Egypt, being a most important piece to their government as ambassador. She felt the least she could do was offer a beautiful house to the 'boys' while she were gone.

"Where do you wish me to put this?" Rishid asked, lifting the box up as if it were a mere feather. The woman smiled, pointing to the living room where blanketed furniture and boxed ornaments and other ancient preservations awaited to be unboxed and polished to be shone off to the guests of their house warming party in a few days. Isis looked up, her face brightening with a siblings love as she watched her younger brother rush down the stairs, his face lit up and his eyes twinkling.

"Onee-san, guess what I found out?"

"What, Malik?"

"I can test out of the classes at the high school and maybe graduate with the seniors this year!"

"Really, that's great!" The elder sister chuckled as the younger male took a few more boxes up to his room and disappeared, Merik glaring at the closed door and rolling his eyes in disgust. The ambassador sighed, as soon as Battle City were over and everything went back to normal, Malik decided to engross his free time to his studies. Isis knew her brother was far more intelligent than the boys his age, but how advanced she never knew. His strict life as a young boy only taught him so much education that the normal city boys never learnt. He was sixteen and maybe even graduating the following month of May.

"When's dinner?" Merik grumbled, slowly trudging down the stairs.

"I'm not sure, maybe around six or seven? I might get something out."

"You're a slave driver." The Egyptian yami grinned, sipping his soda.

"And how is that, Merik?"

"You work us all day and we get no breaks."

"Well, we got through with the moving truck and we don't have to make any more trips to the airport. We're through with moving… now it's all about were to put the things now…"

"Whatever." And with that, Merik went outside. Most likely to practice the skills he called 'art', which consisted of hard training using two daggers and other fighting routines. Rishid made his was in front of her, dark emerald eyes fixated upon the woman before him.

"Isis-sama, perhaps we all should go get something to eat shortly?"

"Don't bother, Rishido, I'll go pick something up. Just rest until I come back; you've already done enough." Smiling and grabbing her purse, she exited.

**

Isis grabbed a few things here and there, from poultry to fruit. She decided she'd make the best dinner yet, just the four of them. She was in the middle of examining tomatoes when her cell phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Isis, you're in town?" came a familiar voice. The voice was like honey dripping from a spoon and sounded from mere talking like she could sing a whole concert and never sound horrible or raspy. It was the Egyptian's comrade, her friend made in the governmental business. She too was an ambassador herself, only of India.

"Of course, Sapna-chan." Isis smiled, glad to hear from one of the few friends she had. Come to think of it, her only 'girlfriend' was Sapna.

"Glad to hear it. Listen, I'm in town visiting my hikari and her friends, mind if I drop by?" Isis grinned once more, knowing of the only female with a hikari. She was the last one to have the hikari/yami relationship like the guys.

"Well Sapna, I was planning on a family dinner tonight. But the house warming party is on Friday…"

"I understand, I'll be there then! Tell everyone I said 'hi'!" Isis paid her goodbyes and hung up, setting the phone back into her purse and continuing her pursuit of the perfect tomato.

"Well look who it is…" Came a cold, yet familiar voice once more. Turning on her heels, Isis was face to face with someone she least expected to see, yet alone in a grocery store.

"Seto-san! How are you?"

"Hmph. Good. What brings you to Domino again?" The lithe man crossed his arms over his suited chest.

"Oh, I moved here!" She smiled brightly, causing Seto to raise an eyebrow.

"So you're the new people to move into that house down the street. Hm… hasn't been bought in years due to the price and interest rate, are you sure you can afford it?" Isis flushed in embarrassment, Seto always had a way to insult her, despite the help she aided him in Battle City.

"I can manage. Thank you for your concern." Her smile widened at the scowl of Seto's face, from having his insult turned into a compliment. "Well, what are you doing in a grocery store?"

"Mokuba wanted some candy, and wanted me to come along too, wouldn't settle with one of the maids going with him."

"Oh… well, please tell him I wish to see him sometime soon. It is a pity I couldn't see him…" Isis trailed off, before glancing at her gold watch and almost loosing her cool, cold composure at the time, 7:56pm. "Seto, I apologize, I wish to stay longer, but I have to get home and cook dinner, the boy's must be angry!" Nodding, she rushed to the cash registers and hurried to her car, packing all her things in and plopping into the driver's seat. After putting the key in the ignitions and buckling up, she turned the metal, causing the engine to cough and sputter. A few more tries proved that something in her engine was blown out.

"Please… Ra help me…" Isis managed to get out. Unbuckling herself from the seat and getting out of the car, she held her hands upon her hips, glaring at the car.

"Ohh… if I could send you to the shadow realm I would…" she muttered, before a black and chrome limo pulled up next to her.

"Car went out, Ishtar?"

"Not right now, Seto." She snapped, not needing Kaiba's taunting.

"Listen, I'll give you a ride…"

"…I don't need one." Being stubborn was a trait she, Malik and Merik shared well.

"Yes, I'll need a wrecker for the parking lot o-"

Popping her head up in surprise, Isis gaped at Seto, who was already on the phone with a towing company and had one of his suits loading her bags into his trunk. All she had to do now was get in with the CEO.

"Comon, Isis, we'll drop you home!" Mokuba chirped, grinning at her as he opened the door.

"…Um.."

"Comon, Ishtar."

Gritting her teeth and bearing the irritation of having her family name mocked, she got in.

~*~