Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Differences ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey all! *waves* wow, I can't believe I'm on chapter eight already! Thanks to all my reviewers! *hands each reviewer a cookie* Now, I'm about to have to romance starting pretty soon! Of course the romance starts between Ryoku and Yami, so Bakura will be really OOC for a while, heh. Now, I'm still thinking up how the Yami's got there own bodies. Yes, I never thought it up before. -_- A sad shame on my part. But if you have any ideas you'd like to give me! Toss them to me! ^_^ anyways, on with the fic!!

As Yami sat there, just looking at his hand's, he felt someone's eye's on him. Looking up, he saw Yugi standing there, looking down at him. "Is something wrong Yugi?"

"No. It's just when Ryoku slapped you, he left a nice bruise." Yugi commented.

"Heh, yeah." Yami said, standing up. "He's stronger then he look's. I doubt Ryou will have a problem with the spirt of the ring with his brother around."

"Yeah." Yugi nodded. "I hope your right."

"So do I." Yami nodded. "Where are you going?"

"Oh, I'm heading to Ryou's, the two of us were thinking about going to see a movie yesterday, but after what happen we decided to go today." Yugi said, putting his coat on. "Hey do you want to come? You and Ryoku can hang out and learn more about each other."

"Why would we want to do that?" Yami asked, following Yugi to the door.

"I don't know, so are you coming or not?" Yugi asked, opening the door.

"Yes." Yami answered, grabbing his coat. Putting it on, he walked by Yugi.

"Well be back in a few hour's grandpa." Yugi shouted.

"Alright, just as long as your home in time for dinner." Mr. Motou called out.

"We will." Yugi called back.

"So Yugi, do you and Ryou know what movie your going to see?" Yami asked.

"Well, we really haven't decided yet." Yugi shrugged.

"Oh. I see." Yami said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow Ryou, your Dad has alot of book's on Egypt." Bakura said, as the two of the sat around in Ryou's father room. Surrounded by many book's.

"I know." Ryou smiled. "I know he has way more in the basement, but we'll only check those if we can't find what were looking for here."

Nodding, Bakura put the book down that he was reading. "So your father isn't come back from his trip any time soon is he?"

"Not for another few months." Ryou answered. Picking up a book, he opened it and frowned. "Bakura, this entire book is written in hieroglyphics. Can you read it?"

"Yes, i can." Bakura said, standing up. "Here let's trade book's."

"Okay." Ryou said, handing Bakura the book and taking the other one.

Just as Bakura went to sit down, the doorbell went.

"Oh, can you please get that Bakura?" Ryou asked.

"Sure thing." Bakura nodded. Walking down the stairs, book in hand. Muttering to himself he unlocked the door. "Geez, do this, do that. The only good thing a Ya...." Bakura's mouth dropped open, and his book feel to the floor. "Err, Ryou!"

"Yes? Who is it, Ba.. Ryoku." Ryou quickly said. "Oh, Yugi, Yami. Hello."

"Hey Ryou." Yugi smiled.

"I'm sorry, i forgot you were coming, give me a few minutes." Ryou said, turning around and running back up the stairs.

Bending down, Yami picked up the fallen book. "Oh. You can read hieroglyphics Ryoku?" Yami said, handing the book back to him.

"Yes." Ryoku said, nervously. Grabbing the bood from Yami. "I can read some, thanks. Why don't you two come in."

"Thank's." Yugi smiled, as he and Yami walked past Ryoku.

Closing the door, Ryoku went into the kitchen. "Can I get you two anything?"

"Oh, I'll have a glass of water please." Yugi nodded.

"Alright." Ryoku nodded, grabbing a glass, he poured water in it, and handed it to Yugi. "There you go. So Yami." Ryoku said, trying to not sound rude. "I didn't realise that you were going to the movie as well."

"Well, I'm not." Yami said, nervously.

"Oh?" Ryouk said, rasing an eyebrow. Enjoying the sight of the Pharaoh being nervous.

"Well, I thought that you and Yami should hang out." Yugi spoke up. "You know, get to know each other better."

"Oh. Well that sound's, great." Ryoku said, straining his word's.

"Good." Yugi nodded.

"Hey guy's." Ryou said, entering the room. "I'm ready to go Yugi."

"Alright." Yugi said, getting up. "Have fun you two. I'll see you later Yami."

"Okay, bye Yugi. Have a good time." Yami smiled.

"Bye Ryou, Yugi." Ryoku smirked.

Ryou sighed slightly, shaking his head. "Ryoku, be good."

"Sure thing." Ryouk smiled. As soon as the door was shut, Ryoku turned to face Yami. Frowning, he put his hand on Yami's cheek. "Did I do that?"

Yami nodded slightly, he felt himself leaning onto the other boy's hand. Unsure why, he pulled back.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just didn't want to see Ryou scared or hurt, that's all." Ryoku answered.

"Yes, it's alright, I decided that I kinda deservided that." Yami said, smiling slightly. "So, what's this book your reading about?" Yami asked.

"Uh." Quickly grabbing the book, Ryoku held it to his chest. "Nothing. Nothing at all. Excuse me for one second, I have to quickly put all of... dad's book's away."

"Would you mind if i came with you?" Yami asked, standing up.

"Err, no. I guess not. Follow me then."

The two, quietly walked up the stairs and went into Mr. Bakura's room. Ryoku felt strange walking into Ryou's father's room. Sighing Ryoku bent down and started to pick up the books.

"Where you alone up here looking at all these? Or was Ryou helping you?" Yami asked, picking up a few books.

"Yeah, my brother and I were looking at these." Ryoku said, slightly regretting that he let Yami come up here.

"There all mostly about accient spirts." Yami said surprised. "Why are you two looking this up?"

"Well, you know. You remember how Yugi and you said that you guy's weren't sure how you got your own body. So, Ryou and I decided to look it up."

"Oh, i see." Yami smiled. "Well call me over next time, and I'll give you a hand."

"Oh, alright." Ryoku gulped. "So about this spirt of the ring... do you think he's back?"

Yami's head shot up, and he looked a Ryoku with puzzled eye's. "Yes, I do."

"So, I guess he doesn't have a body of his own then."

"Well no, I guess not." Yami said quietly.

"Yeah. So I guess you hate his gut's huh?"

Yami stood there for a second just staring at Ryoku. "Why are you asking all these question's about the evil spirt of the ring?"

Ryoku frowned slightly at this question. "I was just wondering. Ryou said that the spirt never hurt him, and kept him company when he was lonely. But everyone else, say's he's evil and if he's back that you will get rid of him."

"Well yes. He must be stopped before he tries to take control over all the item's. Yami said.

"What if he's not back to steal all the item's, but to protect my brother." Ryoku said, fiddling nervously with the millennium eye that was in his pocket, trying to think of a way to hide it. 'Well, I guess if he Yami find's it on me, I'll just tell him i found it in Ryou's room. Great plan Bakura.' Coming back to the real world, he saw that Yami was doubled over laughing. "What's so funny?"

"The thought of the tomb robber, coming back to protect someone is too funny, the thought alone of him having feeling's." Yami told him.

"People can change." Ryoku said quietly. "Everyone get's a second chance."

"Ha! Not this spirt." Yami said, laughing again.

Ryoku felt pain go through his heart, his eye's started to get watery. 'Why do I care what the dumb Pharaoh say's about me! Cause it's true, I'm here to get all the items. But it still hurt's to hear him say that.'

Seeing the look of pain, in Ryoku's eye's, Yami stopped laughing. "Are you alright Ryoku?"

"I'm fine!" He chirpped, all sign's of sadness, and angry gone. "Shall we go downstairs now?"

"Sure." Yami nodded.

Soon the two sat down in the livingroom, the t.v on but neither really watching it.

"So Yami." Ryoku said, looking up at Yami from his spot on the floor. "Tell me about yourself."

"Well, I... I'm as you know, a 5000 year old spirt, and the former Pharaoh of Egypt." Yami said.

"Tell me what it was like to be the king of a country." Ryoku said, leaning back on the seat.

"Well, It was kinda nice. You got whatever you wanted, and you lived a comfy life." Yami answered.

"What do you mean kinda nice?"

"Well you know, you hardly got spare time for yourself. I never really got outside of the wall's of my home." Yami smiled sadly.

"Oh, I guess being a Pharaoh isn't as great as they say."

"Yeah, but it wasn't easy being a poor person either."

"Got that right." Ryoku mumbled.

"Huh? What did you say Ryoku?" Yami demanded.

And that's all the time i have folks!! Thanks for reading this fic! Now u can go if u'd like and review and tell me what you think! ^_^ Was this chapter good? or really bad? Too short? or too long? tell me whatever u want! Well until next time!