Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Differences ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey everyone, thanks for all the great reviews so far! Sorry I haven't been able to update lately, but i'v been so busy and this is the first time I'v been home in such a long time, so i decided to do up chapter 16.

Dislclaimer: I don't own any of the character's or Yugioh

Warning: There is SLASH M/M relationship in this story. So if ur not a fan of that, then don't read.

Chapter 16

Later on in the week on a rainy saturday. Ryou and Bakura stood infront of the kitchen sink doing the last of the morning dishes.

Just as Ryou cleaned the last plate the phone rang. "Oh, that must be my dad." Ryou said, drying his hand's.

"Ah, tell the old man I say hi." Bakura grinned, as Ryou answered the phone and left the room.

"Hey dad."

'Hey son, how are you doing?'

"I'm great. How's your dig going?"

'Wonderful, I believe we've found tresures that a theft might have stolen and hidden.'

"That better not have been my loot he dug up!!"

"Bakura!! Shut up!"

'Bakura? Is this a friend of your's son?'

"Yeah, sorta. Look dad, I need to ask you something."

'Sure Ryou, go ahead.'

"Alright, say there were these two 5000 year old spirt's who got re-born but needed host to do suff, and then all of a sudden they got there own bodies. How would that have been possible?"

'Err.. well. That's a hard one son. What make's you ask these question?'

"You know, I'm just wondering."

'Oh, well It could be alot of thing's really. It could have been some spell or something. You could alway's check that book I have up in the basement.'

"Which one?"

'The golden one, the one on spirt's and re-birth.'

"Oh, that one. Okay, thanks dad."

'No problem.'

"So did you find anything intresting on your dig?"

'Yes, actually I did. I'm bring them home in three weeks to study them.'

"Oh well that's cool. Wait! Your going to be here in three weeks!!"

'Yes, and I can't wait to see you son. Oh well i have to go take care and i love you.'

"Love you to dad. Bye."

'Bye son.'

"Who boy." Ryou sighed, hanging the phone up. "Bakura we have a huge problem."

"What is it?" Bakura asked, walking into the room.

"My father is coming home, earlier then planned." Ryou told him.

"Oh, well how earlier?" Bakura asked, as he shuffled his dueling deck.

"Well, he's going to be here in three weeks." Ryou said.

"What!" Bakura shouted. " His card's flying every where. "Three weeks."

"Yeah." Ryou nodded.

"Well, we won't worry about that right now." Bakura said, leaning down he started to pick up his card's. "Did your father tell you anything about what we were looking up."

"Yes." Ryou nodded, getting down he helped the spirt pick the card's up. "He told me to check the one in the basement, it's about spirts and re-birth. It's one of his most pricey books, an I totally forgot about it."

"Did, he have any clue on what might have cause spirt's to get there own bodies?" Bakura asked.

"Yes, he's thinking it might have been a spell." Ryou told him.

"So, your father never asked, why you were asking him this strange question?" Bakura asked.

"No. I was quite shocked that he didn't." Ryou answered, handing Bakura the card's he picked up.

"Well then, that's good." Bakura said, getting up. "Now let's go get this book and look through it."

"Right, but first we have to find the key in my dad's room." Ryou said, heading to the stairs.

"Your telling me that he has the book locked up?" Bakura said.

"That I am." Ryou nodded.

"Where did your father get this book?" Bakura asked as they entered the room.

"Well, he told me he found it in the same place he found the millennium ring." Ryou said, looking through the desk. "I'm not sure if that's true, but thats what he said."

"Well, I think that he was telling you the truth. Chance's are that was left by the tomb." Bakura answered, going through the bedside table's.

"Yeah, but my father told me, when he went there the only item there was the millennium ring. So how was it possible that no one else found the book?" Ryou asked.

"I'm not really sure." Bakura said. "Hey, is this the key?"

Turning around, Ryou studied the key that the spirt was holding up. "Yes, that's the one."

"Yay! I found it." Bakura cheered.

Laughing, Ryou went over and took the key. "Come on, let's go open the chest and get the book."

"Alright."

The two walked down the stairs to the main floor in silence, just as they were about to head to the basement the door bell went.

"Who could that be?" Bakura asked.

"I'm not sure." Ryou answered, walking toward's the door. "I don't think we were expecting anyone."

"Not that I know of." Bakura answered.

"Oh well." Ryou said, opening the door.

"Hey Ryou." Yugi smiled.

"Hey Yugi!" Ryou smiled back. "Hey Yami. Come on in you two."

"Oh great." Bakura muttered. "Hey Yami, Yugi."

"Hey Ryoku." Yami smiled, hugging the taller boy. "Good to see you again."

"Same here." Ryoku smiled. "So what are you to up to?"

"Well grandpa kicked us out of the game shop for the day, so we thought we'd come here." Yugi said.

"He kicked you out in the rain?" Ryoku said, pushing a wet Yami away.

"Yes." Yami pouted. "It was cold out too."

"Well that was terrible." Ryou said.

"What where you two up to?" Yugi asked.

"Well, I talked to my dad earlier." Ryou said.

"Oh cool. What did he say?" Yugi asked.

"He told me to check out one of the book's he has locked up in the chest in the basement, so Ryoku and I where on are way down there." Ryou answered.

"Look's like we came at the right time then." Yami said.

"You sure did, here let me take your guy's jacket's before you catch a cold." Ryoku said.

"Thanks." Yami said, taking his coat off.

Yugi nodded as he handed Ryoku is coat. "Thank you."

"No problem." Ryoku smiled.

"Do you two want a hot drink before we go downstairs?" Ryou asked.

"No, I think were good." Yami answered.

"Okay, follow me then." Ryou smiled.

The four head down the stairs one by one, a small flashlight being the only light they had.

"Sorry about it being so dark, but there was no light's installed down here for some odd reason, and dad never had time to do anything about it." Ryou told the other's.

"It's alright." Yugi said.

Nodding, Ryou walked forward a bit. "Now where is that chest?" He muttered to himself.

"Is that it over there?" Ryoku asked.

Pointing the flashlight in the direction Ryoku was pointing at, Ryou nodded "That's the one." The four boy's walked over to it and stood over Ryou as he unlocked the chest. "Ryoku, Yami, can you two please open the chest."

"Sure thing." Ryoku nodded. Going on either side the two boy's pulled the lid open and everyone gasped at what they saw inside.

Well that's all i had time to write, it's not the greatest chapter, but i was really pressed for time! Until the next chapter!