Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Domino High ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Domino High
 
Today was a good day for Hiroto Honda. He had gone on a date with the apple of his eye and his rivalry with Ryuji had ended. Sad to say this joyous occasion would not last long.
 
As he approached his first class, Jonouchi crept up behind him and snagged the guy on the shoulder. Honda gulped and stuttered, “Hey, Jonouchi, what's going on?”
 
“You tell me,” Jonouchi snapped with a sour hint to his voice, “I heard that my sister and James broke up and that you're to blame for that!”
 
“All I did was tell her that if she really loved him, she should date him,” Honda replied nervously.
 
“Is that all you said?” Jonouchi asked.
 
“Yes, I swear to God,” Honda replied, “Now let me go or we'll both be late for class.”
 
Jonouchi released his grip, saw Kawai walking by and asked, “Sis, what did Honda say to you that made you break up with James?”
 
Kawai stared for a moment and laughed. She batted Jonouchi playfully on the shoulder and replied, “All he did was tell me that if I loved him, I should date him! You didn't think he told me anything incriminating, did you?”
 
As Kawai walked to her next class, Jonouchi stared at his friend and said, “I will never doubt you again, Honda.”
 
After the first three classes of the day, it was time for lunch. Honda and Jonouchi sat together as usual with Yugi while Kawai, Anzu and Mai sat together with their girl friends.
 
“By the way, Honda,” Jonouchi started, “Do you know who Kawai is dating now? She said she had chosen a better man to go out with.”
 
Honda stared and blinked for a moment. He didn't know what to say. Would his best friend be crushed, happy or furious after hearing the answer?
 
He shook his head and said, “Jonouchi, you're not going to like this, but I'm that boy.”
 
There was a long silence as Jonouchi and Yugi stared at their friend wide-eyed.
 
“I'm the boy she's dating now,” Honda repeated with different words.
 
Jonouchi didn't know what to say. Yugi simply patted Honda on the shoulder and said, “Good for you, Honda. I'm sure you will treat Kawai with respect and make her happy.”
 
“For your sake, you'd better,” Jonouchi growled, “If I hear anything of you mistreating her or threatening her or even raping her, I'll dismember every inch of your body, rip out your heart and snap your neck.”
 
Honda trembled in fear. Jonouchi was often serious about these things. Even Yugi was scared stiff, and he took on a heavyweight champion.
 
Jonouchi's expression of anger soon turned to an expression of happiness as he laughed and said, “I was just kidding! Of course I'm okay with you dating my sister! It's MUCH better than some guy I don't know going out with Kawai!”
 
Honda punched his friend on the shoulder and stated, “As long as you're okay with it, I'll be the nicest guy your sister could ever date.”
 
Bakura watched on at the students in the lunchroom surrounded by girls as his spirit grunted and spat, “Look at this! All these idiots care about is satisfying their own needs and not even think for a second that the world could end because of their stupidity one day. Bakura, you have to help me fulfill my plan now!”
 
Bakura grimaced and spat, “I'm serious, screw off! Leave me alone! I don't want to carry out your evil plans!”
 
While this went on, Yugi looked over at the table that the girls were sitting at and as soon as he saw Anzu, he blushed. He knew that one day he'd finally find the courage to admit his feelings.
 
Suddenly, Mai got up out of her seat and walked up to the table that the boys were seated at. Jonouchi looked up and said, “Hi, Mai, why are you here?”
 
Mai noticed Jonouchi's hand on her chest, so she gave it a light slap and said, “The girls and I have started a club in the school called the origami club. It's where students come every Friday to make origami during the rest of their lunch hour. It's a pretty strange and dumb idea, but I kind of like it and I think it might help us communicate better at lunch since we hardly even run into each other nor do we ever sit together. Would you like to join?”
 
Honda blushed and said, “Sure, if Kawai's part of it.”
 
Yugi nodded and said, “I'll be more than happy to join, Mai!”
 
Jonouchi winked, flashed his finger towards her and said, “For you, anything!”
 
Mai rolled her eyes and thought, `I'm going to be having nightmares about that for a long time.'
 
Mai came back and shared the results with her friends. Anzu smiled happily and exclaimed, “Now Yugi and I will finally be in the same club for once!”
 
“You like him, don't you?” asked one of the girls sitting at the same table as her.
 
Anzu blushed and retorted, “Um… I don't like him like that. I mean, he's my childhood friend, so of course I'd be happy to be around him, but I'm not having any romantic feelings for him!”
 
Another girl grinned wickedly and replied, “You do SO like him.”
 
Anzu blushed some more and said, “Okay, I do, but don't tell him! I'm not sure he feels the same way!”
 
“Why not ask him?” one of the girls asked.
 
“I'm waiting for the right moment,” Anzu explained.
 
(Now ain't that just ironic?)
 
The rest of the month went by smoothly. Kawai and Honda had really grown close and had gone to the point where they would always kiss at the end of a date. Jonouchi was starting to actually pass his subjects.
 
Each Friday, the entire group would sit in the origami club. While some liked to make origami, some people such as Yugi simply used it as a chance to talk to their friends.
 
Today was the last day of the month and was also Friday. Jonouchi walked up to Mai during origami club and asked, “Mai, can you do me a favor?”
 
Mai blinked and asked, “What is it?”
 
Jonouchi trembled and blushed but finally managed to explain, “See, I'm having trouble in my math class, and you're in the same class as me. See, I need help studying and, well, can you help me study for the upcoming test next Wednesday?”
 
Mai sighed, smiled and said, “Sure, I'll help you out. Come to my house tonight with your books and we'll get started.”
 
Yugi blinked and asked, “Are you really doing poorly in Math or is this a scam to get to know Mai better?”
 
Jonouchi grinned and said, “It's a little from column `A' and a little from column `B'.”
 
Honda sighed and said, “And people call me immature about women. At least I'm original with my strategies. You just stole this one from The Simpsons.”
 
After Jonouchi had dinner around 6:00, he drove to Mai's house- make that mansion, with his Math material and rang the doorbell. A man in a fancy suit opened the large door and said, “Oh, you must be Master Jonouchi. Mistress Mai has awaited your arrival.”
 
Jonouchi couldn't believe this. He had only been to Mai's house once, and that's when they were ten and her mom held a birthday party for everyone to enjoy. Sadly, after both parents left Mai a year after that, Mai never had another birthday party. Nobody knew why two parents had the power to make that happen.
 
The butler escorted Jonouchi to the kitchen area where Mai sat at the table and said, “Good of you to arrive, Jonouchi. I've cleared the table of almost everything for your convenience. You can help yourself to the dinner rolls, mind you. I don't really want them.”
 
“Thanks,” Jonouchi said, placing down his material and stuffing a roll into his mouth.
 
For two hours, the two went over the concept of polynomials. Sure, it was rather early in the year to be discussing this topic, but they had a pretty depressed teacher, so it was forgivable.
 
After the two hours, Jonouchi gasped and said, “I never realized how easy this was before!”
 
Mai laughed and said, “Not many people do. Remember to come here on Monday and Tuesday as well. We all know that one study session won't do anything.”
 
So, the weekend went by and it was Monday. After a long day at school, it was time for everyone to go home. Just like Friday, Jonouchi drove to Mai's mansion for his study session.
 
The couple spent another two hours studying polynomials. It was amazing. When Mai explained this stuff to Jonouchi, he could actually understand it. It was as if Mai was ten times more qualified for this than the current Math teacher. Jonouchi had never understood Math so well until now.
 
`Just one more lesson and you'll pop the question,' he thought to himself, `Just one more lesson…'
 
So, after another two hours, the study session was over and Jonouchi returned home feeling quite satisfied. Not only was he prepared for the test, but he finally had the chance at a true relationship. This week was all about him now.