Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 6: Pillow War ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: Well, unfortunately Kaze's back from vacation and is as bossy as ever.

Kaze: You missed me and you know it!

Shiro: (twitchy) And she's cheerful. I swear the apocalypse is coming! Kaze's never cheerful.

Kaze: (smirks) Well, being away from a house full of psycho's for a week will do that to you.

Shiro: -.-; Riiiiiight. (stalks offstage)

Kaze: (surprised) Well, that's a first.

Shiro: (comes back onstage dragging Bakura) You, (points to Bakura) disclaimer. Now.

Bakura: (glares at Shiro) No.

Shiro: (creates fireball) I SAID NOW!

Bakura: (gulps) Fine! Shiro doesn't own any of us except for the two psycho half Egyptian girls!

Shiro: (pokes him)

Bakura: Stop that! (continues) She also owns said half Egyptian's three dragons and the stupid plot. (leaves)

u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.<

IMPORTANT

-Yugi, mind-link
-(words)- Tama, mind-link
-/words/- Malik, mind-link
-words- Ryou, mind-link

I'm pretty sure that by now you know who the hikari's/Lights are and who the yami's/Darks are.

u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.<

Chapter 6: Pillow War

An hour later the group is once again crowded into the Muto’s living room. Now it’s slightly more crowded with Yume, Bakura, Yami, and Marik in their spirit forms. Tama is still unconscious and is upstairs on Yugi’s bed where Malik put her. Yume is sitting between Joey and Malik, who are sitting beside her to prevent any jump attacks on Bakura or Yami. Marik is leaning on the back of the couch in order to possibly help Yume. Tea is perched on the armrest of the couch by Joey. Everyone else- Tristan, Yugi, Yami, Ryou, and Bakura- are all spread out on the floor around the small living room table. (With Yugi sitting beside his fellow Light and Tristan avoiding sitting anywhere near either of the more psychotic yami’s.)

“So… what Malik told me and my hikari is true…” Yume says. “Now I’m once again stuck with my two favorite men.”

-//If they can be considered men…//- Marik comments through a special mind link.

Yume and Malik both try not to laugh at this.

“You know of us, but who are you?” Yami asks, looking at the only girl spirit carefully.

“I-”

“She’s your other idiot cousin who loves making my life hell.” Bakura says darkly. “The Dragon Guardian; Shadow Warrior; Theif Queen; and Chaos are a few names she went by.”

Yume glares at him. “Tomb Robber, don’t you even think- I swear if you-”

“But my personal favorite is Little Pharaoh.”

“That’s it.” Yume hisses. “You’re dead, Tomb Robber! You hear me, Theif King! DEAD!”

The next ten minutes pass in somewhat of a blur. Finally, Malik and Marik restrain the tri-color haired spirit, being the only ones willing and able to do it. It took much persuasion from the remaining two Lights (and possibly a threat from Yami) to get Bakura calmed down, but after 10 minutes, everyone is once again sitting down and is silent.

“Hey guys?” A small voice tiredly asks. “What’s going on?”

“Hikari…!” Yume breaths in relief. “You’re alright!”

Tama laughs and sits down on the armchair by Malik. “Got a bruise, a massive headache, and my whole body feels like it’s on fire, but I’ll live.” She pushes away Malik’s arm that’s trying to rest on her shoulder. “You okay, Ryou? Bakura?”

“I’m fine, Tama.” Ryou replies, while Bakura gives a half-hearted nod.

Yume pouts. “I feel so unloved… aren’t you going to ask if I’m alright, hikari?”

“You’ve been out her purposely starting fights; what do you think?” Tama asks, annoyed. “And will someone tell me what in Ra’s name I am wearing?”

“It’s my fault… I kinda drew a lot of power from you when I panicked and jumped in front of Slifer’s attack. Apparently I’ve done it before because our clothes kinda automatically changed to this.” Yume explains. “Which is also why your body feels like it’s on fire and why you have a headache. Well, that and the small fact you interfered which a Shadow Game.”

Tama winces. “Oops.”

It’s at this time that Tea notices what time it is. “Hey guys, its getting pretty late.”

“So what, Tea. It’s not like we got school in da mornin’.” Joey comments.

“What time is it, Tea?” Yugi asks.

“Fifteen until nine.” Tea replies. “Why, Yugi?”

Tama and Yugi exchange glances before simultaneously saying, “Grandpa’s got us working tomorrow.”

Tristan shudders. “Man, do you know how weird it is when you do that?” He asks.

Tama and Yugi’s innocent grins show that they do know. Malik and Ryou both have to resist laughing while Marik quietly cackles. The other three yami’s just roll their eyes.

-we should reveal our secret?Yugi asks.

-(But that’d ruing all of our fun.)- Tama replies. -(Besides, we may need for them to not know later. Back me up, Malik.)-

-/Yeah Yugi, don’t go ruin our fun!/- Malik echoes, thinking up a few crazy plans that’ll never work.

Ryou soon joins the link due to Tama’s prodding. -What on earth…?-

-(Welcome to the Light’s Only Mind Link wave-thingy.)- Tama says, joyously.-(Where hikari’s will forever be safe from their yami’s prodding.)-

Malik grins. -/But not from the prodding of their fellow Lights!/-

Yugi and Ryou both sweat drop.

-the term ‘Light’?

-(Because that’s what we are; the lighter halves- making us the Lights or the hikari’s.)-

-/I like Light better because it sounds less girly./-

The other three sweat drop at Malik’s statement.

-Guys, I don’t mean to sound rude, but as Lights aren’t we suppose to be at least slightly sane?-

There’s silence in the mind link for a moment, allowing them to catch a snippet of conversation from the outside world.

“No, Tama actually got the Millennium Dragon when she was about 12; just a little while after Ryou moved.” Yume says.

-(You know, that’s a good question.)-

-/One that we are not asking Shadi./- Malik says firmly. Then, as if sensing Yugi and Ryou’s confusion, which he probably does since they’re using a mind link, he explains. -/The last time Tama and I got together was a while after we both got our Millennium items. We were thinking up weird questions to ask and then Tama got the ‘brilliant’ idea to ask Shadi some of them. Then there was the whole ‘attempting the find him’ thing…/-

-(The others probably think we’re insane now- Joey, Tea, and the others I mean.)- Tama comments. (Our yami’s are doing a pretty good job at covering it up though. And then Marik slips up… Guys I really think we should drop this link now.)-

The others agree and one by one, the link falls.

When Tama comes to, she finds Joey and Yume both poking her. When Malik opens his eyes, he finds out that Marik has taken the liberty of braided pieces of his hair. Ryou hesitantly looks over at his yami and receives an uncaring glance. Yugi had accidentally tilted sideways while he was chatting with the other Lights, so his head is resting on Yami’s shoulder when he comes to.

“Yam-iiiiieeeeee!” Malik whines, pulling on one of the braids. “What did you do to my hair?!”

“Stop poking me!” Tama yells. “My poor body already hurts! Oww-! Yume, that’s where my bruise is!”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 -0-0-0-0

Nearly an hour later everyone has finally managed to leave the Turtle Game Shop. Malik had offered Ryou a ride home in order to prevent Ryou from worrying if he got home safe. This leaves Tama, Yugi, and their yami’s alone in the living room. (Since Sugoroku has long since gone to bed.)

“Sleep or soda?” Tama asks Yugi.

Yugi quickly replies, “Soda. I’ll get the pillows and blankets and you get the soda and snacks?”

Tama grins. “Always Yugi.”

Yami and Yume watch in confusion as their hikari’s suddenly run off in different directions.

“What are those little Lights up to…?” Yume fondly murmurs.

Yami raises an eyebrow. “‘Little Lights’?” He repeats.

“We’re their darker halves, making us Darks. They’re our lighter halves, making them Lights.” Yume explains. “You’d think the pharaoh would know something light that.”

Yami frowns but says nothing as Yugi tumbles into the room with an armload of pillows and blankets. Yami immediately goes to help Yugi, only to wind up making yugi trip over one of the blankets which makes them both fall over. Yume laughs at the funny sight, and Tama, who just now enters the living room with the soda and snacks, starts laughing as well.

“Yami, please get your butt out of my face…” Yugi mumbles from somewhere under the heap of blankets and pillows.

His statement, of course, makes Yume double over from laughing so hard. Tama attempts to calm down a but and sets the soda and snacks down in order to help our Yugi and Yami.

((Hey hikari, leave them alone. This is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time. I can hear it now! ‘Pharaoh and his Light buried under pile of blankets and unable to escape’! Marik would have a field day!))

Tama gives her yami a patronizing look before starting to pull off the topmost blanket.

“Ouch! Aibou, that’s my hair.”

“Sorry Yami.”

Tama giggles. “You two having fun under there or do you want me to get these blankets off you?”

There’s a moment of silence under the blankets.

“It’s rather nice under here.” Yami says jokingly.

“Yami!” Yugi protests.

Tama chokes back some of her laughter. “So is that a, ‘please get these bloody blankets off,’ or is it a, ‘I want to stay under the blankets and remain tangled up,’ request?” She teasingly asks.

Tama hears the two whisper amongst one another for a few seconds. By now Yume has finally calmed down and is paying attention.

“Tama,” Yugi finally speaks up. “will you please help get these blankets off of us?”

“Yup.” Tama replies, pulling the first blanket all the way off. “For the love of Isis, how many blankets did you bloody get, Yugi?”

“A lot.”

Tama rolls her eyes. “I can see that.” She pulls off another blanket and throws it at Yume, who switches to her non-solid spirit form and then goes solid again.

“Missed me, little-Light.” She says, just as Tama throws another blanket at her. This time the blanket hits Yume and uncovers Yugi’s hair.

“Think you can get out now, Yugi?” Tama asks.

“There’s a blue blanket wrapped around one of my ankles and Yami’s wrist.”

Tama gives a long suffering sigh. “I don’t know what you’ve done without me for all these years, Yugi. I really don’t.” She spots the blue blanket and gives it a sharp tug, untangling Yugi’s foo.

“My arm doesn’t go that way.” Yami comments.

“Stop complaining. I’m the one who’s bloody untangling the stupid blankets.” Tama says, tugging the blanket again.

Yume devilishly grins. “Hey Yami,” she starts, sounding very amused. “You do realize that you could have dropped being solid and gotten out by now.”

“Oops.”

Tama now suspiciously eyes the pile of blankets and then motions Yume over. (Yume, would you mind taking care of this while I go check on something in the kitchen?)

((Of course not, hikari.)) Yume replies, walking over and taking the blanket.

Tama gives her yami a small smile and bounces off to the kitchen. Then she goes straight to the closet on the other side of the room where she knows Sugoroku keeps extra pillows. Hearing Yume’s sharp yell from the living room and the sound of pillows smacking into the girl Dark makes Tama grin.

Quickly, she grabs three pillows and runs back into the living room where she immediately bombards Yugi and Yami with them.

The supreme half tag, half hide-and-seek, pillow fight lasts for the next hour and a half, which is when Sugoroku wakes up and reminds them that they need to be up early in the morning to help out around the shop. After he went back to bed, Yume and Yami got into a lengthy DM (Duel Monsters) conversation which easily evolved into a lengthy duel that Yugi and Tama fell asleep during.

Pity the two poor Darks who didn’t fall asleep until about two in the morning and will later be woken up by their semi-hyperactive Lights at 8 o’clock in the morning. Poor, poor Darks.

u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.< u.u >.<

Shiro: (grins) Well, I'm happy now. Keitaro came out here and gave me a hug so I feel all better now!

Bast: (amused) He's not the only one who gave you a hug. Ryou, Malik, Marik, Joey, and even Kyle did.

Shiro: (happily nods) Yup! Alrighty, review replies is below! I'm gonna go hang with the boys! (to Bast) You coming, yami?

Bast: But of course! We'll beat the guy's butts in poker tonight!

Shiro: That's the spirit! C'mon! (drags Bast backstage) (leaves a sign)

Sign (aka the giant piece of paper written on in bright red sharpie marker): Please, please review if you're reading this! It doesn't matter if it's a simple, 'nice chapter' or whatever. I love reviews and they tend to inspire me. Peace and Love!

REVIEWS

NONE