Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 8: House War ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: Well, here's chapter eight... I can't believe how fast I'm getting this story posted. I've got something of a flair for it, ne?

Bast: (raises an eyebrow) So it has nothing to do with the fact that you're actually planning out chapters ahead of time?

Shiro: Well, things don't always go according to plan! I had to move all my chapter idea's back because I had to split up one of them in the beginning!

Bast: (shrugs) Okay.

Shiro: (grins) Hey yami, I love you.

Bast: (gives Shiro a weird look)

Shiro: NOT LIKE THAT! God, you're worse than Keitaro and Kyle! Speaking of Keitaro... (looks meaningfully at him)

Keitaro: (mock-sighs) (jokingly) The things I do for you... (to readers) Shiro doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! in any way, shape, or form. She does own Tama, Yume, the Millennium Dragon, the three chaos dragons, and the plot. Enjoy the chapter! (grins cutely)

Shiro: (hugs Keitaro) Aww, ain't he the cutest!

Kyle: (walking by) I thought you said Ryou was the cutest.

Shiro: (blinks) I-... I-... (sniffles) I don't know! (flies off crying)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

KEY

('words') is hikari/Light to yami/Dark

((words)) is yami/Dark to hikari/Light

-y-y-y-y-y-y-y- is a flashback for one of the yami's (thus the letter 'y')

T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T

Chapter 8: House War

-RIIIIIINNNNN-- -smack-

5 minutes later…

-RIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGG!- -SMACK-

A sigh can be heard beneath sky blue blankets.

-RRRIIIIIN-- -SLAM!!!!-

The sigh turns to a growl as a girl with bright red hair that has black streaks and blonde tips shoots up out of bed and jerks the alarm clock out of the wall. “That’s what you get for waking up my hikari with your evil ringing!” Yume growls.

(‘Yami?’) A semi-awake voice questions.

((Yes, little-Light?))

(‘First of all, don’t call me that. Next, can I please have control back?’)

((But what if the Ra dammed Tomb Robber is up? What if he-))

(‘Yami, I can take care of myself, believe it or not. Besides, you’re always with me.’)

((Is that suppose to make me feel better about all of this?))

(‘Yes.’) Tama replies quickly before forcing her yami back into the dragon.

((Hikari!)) Yume whines.

(‘I got it from you.’) Tama reminds her, getting up out of bed. She glances at the alarm clock and sighs. (‘Hey Yume, did you manage to see what time it is before you unplugged my alarm clock?’)

((Sorry hikari, I didn’t.)) Yume replies.

Tama grumbles something under her breath and runs a hand through her messy, tri-colored hair. (‘Well, I guess I’ll go see if Ryou’s up yet and figure out what time it is.’)

((Have fun, Tama.)) Yume says, before shutting her end of the mind link.

Tama gives a heavy sigh before walking out of her bedroom, through the living room, and over to Ryou’s doorway. She giggles softly when she sees him hugging one of his pillows in his sleep, small wisps of white hair falling into his face. Tama watches him breath for a minute before glancing at his alarm clock. ‘Figures my alarm would go off at seven… Ryou’s lucky he doesn’t have a yami who purposely tries to annoy him.’

((And what’s that suppose to mean, hikari? At least you don’t have a yami who tries to kill all your friends and take over the world.))

(‘So says the one-time miss “I’m gonna rule the world someday”.’)

((…)) Yume almost immediately closes her end of the mind link for the second time that morning.

Tama smirks at having outsmarted her yami for once and then goes to the kitchen to make breakfast.

-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-

A young girl with light red hair with black streaks and blonde tips stares boredly out a palace window with deep amethyst eyes.

“Miss Yumeri?” A girls voice asks.

Yumeri smiles and turns to face her brown-haired best friend. “Hey Mana, how are you?”

Mana laughs and walks into the room. “I’m just fine, Yumeri! The question is, are you ready for a day in the town?”

“Of course!” Yumeri happily replies, smoothing out her less-than-regal clothing.

“Remember what I told you about how you act?” Mana asks. “You can’t keep smoothing out your clothes.”

Yumeri sighs and rolls her eyes. “I know, Mana. I’m just a little nervous about all of this.”

Mana frowns and walks forward. “And you have to take off some of this jewelry.”

Yumeri looks sadly at her best friend, but allows the slightly younger girl to remove almost all of her jewelry. All that Mana leaves is Yumeri’s dragon pendant and her arm bands. (All in gold.) Mana herself only has a golden bracelet on each wrist.

Yumeri uneasily fiddles with one of the gold bands. “Mana, how are we going to get out of here without anyone seeing us?”

Mana smiles. “Well, I’ve been learning this transportation spell and I’ve gotten pretty good at it. The only problem is that I’ve never transported anyone with me… but I’m sure it can’t be too hard!”

Yumeri stares at Mana, one of her kohl lined eyes twitching.

“Don’t give me that look, Yumeri! I know what I’m doing!” Mana cries, placing her hands on her hips.

“Fine, but I have to know one thing, Mana. Are you crazy?” Yumeri asks.

“I’m perfectly sane, thank you.” Mana replies, rolling up her sleeves. “Now lets get going.”

-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-

Yume slowly stirs in her soul room. The Millennium Dragon illuminates the room with a soft golden glow, then begins to flicker and die out. It completely dies when Yume quickly opens her eyes, her senses on high alert.

‘Hikari. Danger. Now. Move!’

She springs up out of bed and runs out her soul room and into the corridor. Then she rips control away from Tama, forcing her Light into the soul corridor.

“YUME!” Tama’s angry yell echoes throughout the soul corridor.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Outside in the kitchen, Yume immediately takes action by ducking and springing out of the way of Bakura’s attack. Then she quickly grabs the nearest item to help her.

“A butter knife, Little Pharaoh? Even you wouldn’t use a butter knife as a weapon.” Bakura comments, glaring at her.

Yume glares fearlessly right back at him. “I’ll use whatever the hell I want for a weapon, Thief. Anything’s fine to use against you.”

Bakura growls at her and Yume smirks, knowing she’s hit his pride. Bakura slowly advances on the female yami, never once breaking eye contact with her.

“I’m not afraid of you, Tomb Robber.” Yume fiercely says, slowly backing up as Bakura starts coming too close for comfort. Fear flickers briefly in her eyes when her back hit’s the wall.

With a fast, precise move, Bakura gets the butter knife from Yume’s grip and tosses it down on the ground where it clatters across the linoleum kitchen floor.

Yume lets out a dragon-like growl when Bakura pins her to the wall, his strong arms on either side of her. At the same time, she fights back a blush. ‘Why does he still have to be so hot- ARG! Bad thoughts, bad thoughts, bad thoughts!’

“Still not afraid?” Bakura whispers in her ear.

This time Yume can’t prevent her reaction. She fails to suppress the shiver that runs through her body as Bakura’s warm breath brushes her cheek. She then tightly shuts her eyes, trying to get herself back under control while mentally cursing herself for losing it to begin with. Bakura smirks at her reactions and decides to change his original plan.

Yume’s eyes snap open when she feels warm lips on her own. Almost immediately, the two are each thrown into a flashback, leaving their Lights to deal with the situation.

When the Lights regain control, they’re still in a liplock. Blushing, the two back away from one another, an awkward silence filling the air.

After what feels like hours, the phone rings, breaking the silence. Ryou quickly scurries to the living room to answer it, leaving Tama alone in the quiet kitchen.

“Tama, Marik wants to talk to you.”

Tama blinks, not registering which of the Ishtar “twins” Ryou said. “But I didn’t-! How-?” Her expression darkens. “I’m going to kill Joey.”

Forgetting all about her embarrassment, Tama walks over and takes the phone from Ryou and then goes to the living room to yell at “Malik”.

Ryou sighs and looks around the kitchen for something to do. Spotting a half-made bowl of cookie dough, he decides to surprise Tama by finishing up. Of course, him knowing that Tama will be on the phone with Marik and Malik for a while helps.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Give me the Ra-dammed remote, Tomb Robber!” Yume yells, trying to snatch the TV remote from Bakura’s hands.

“It’s my turn, Dragon Guardian!” Bakura growls, shoving Yume back.

Tama and Ryou sweat drop as they watch the two from the safety of the kitchen.

“I am not watching sumo wrestling!”

“Then go help the girls in the kitchen!”

-THUD-

“Get off me, bitch!”

“Give me the damn remote or change the fucking channel then!”

Tama turns to Ryou as the white-haired boy groans. “Well, look at the bright side. They’re not trying to kill each other anymore and they’re not breaking anything.”

“But Bakura’s solid, that’s not a good thing.” Ryou says, watching as his yami struggles to keep the remote from Yume.
“True,” Tama says, turning back around to finish cutting up carrots. “But he’ll only be solid for today and then he’ll have to wait a few days for that magic to recover. I remember when Yume first discovered she could go solid. She passed out for a few hours after the first time. It takes a while before they can change to solid and spirit at will.”

-Ding dong-

Tama and Ryou exchange glancing, trying to figure out who will answer the door.

“Your hands are covered with chicken stuff.” Tama notes. “I’ll answer the door, you go wash your hands.” She sets the sharp knife down and walks out of the kitchen, dodges a flying pillow, and carefully makes her way to the door without further incident. She opens the door and is surprised to see Malik and Yugi standing there. “What brings you two out here? You didn’t get worried, did you?”

Yugi looks sheepishly down at the ground while Malik looks straight at her.

“I came to check on you and apologize for my reaction. Yugi’s here- well, I have no clue why Yugi’s here.” Malik says.

-CRASH!!-

“Bakura!” They hear Ryou yell in the background.

Malik raises an eyebrow, Tama sweat drops, and Yugi stares behind his only female cousin in surprise.

“Ano…” Tama glances back into the house to see Ryou rushing from the kitchen to the living room. “Come on in. I’ve gotta help Ryou get our crazy Darks under control, but that’s no reason for you two to stand outside.” She steps back and lets them in and then shuts the door. Then she quickly walks down the hall to the living room. Yugi and Malik follow her, curious about what’s going on. Along the way, Marik and Yami appear.

In the living room, Yume has gained possession of the remote and Bakura’s trying to wrestle it from her. Ryou is trying to get them to stop fighting, but it’s not working.

Tama studies the scene and an idea pops into her head. ‘Lets see… it’s a little after two…’ “Hey Malik, it’s Sunday today, right?”

“Yeah, why?” Malik asks.

Tama grins secretively at him. Then she bounds into the room, snatches the remote from Yume, plops down on the couch between the two spirits, and turns the TV to the channel NASCAR is on. (1)

“Tama!” Yume and Bakura both yell in protest.

Tama quickly sits on the remote, knowing that’s one way to keep them from getting it. Malik and Marik crack up laughing at her old trick, Yugi and Yami sweat drop, Ryou sighs in relief, and Bakura and Yume both pout. This only lasts a few minutes, which is how long it takes for Yume and Bakura to realize that Yami and Marik are over.

“Well, have fun watching the race!” Tama chirps, standing up with the remote in hand. “Tell me who wins!” She grabs Ryou’s hand and tugs him past their fellow Lights and their Darks and into the kitchen. Yugi and Malik follow, leaving their Darks in the living room.

Now, we all know that this is a bad idea. Marik, Bakura, and Yume all don’t get along with Yami too well. This automatically spells trouble, especially since Yume and Bakura are willing to put their ongoing war against each other on hold to work together. Pity Yami for a moment and then laugh as the other three Darks hogtie him, stick an apple in his mouth(2), and then lock him in the closet. Ah, the life of a Dark.

U-U U-U U-U U-U U-U U-U U-U U-U U-U U-U

(1) I couldn't resist. Yes, I am a NASCAR fan.

(2) Apparently the apple won't die... it's become worse than the peanut... and the pinecones... (sweatdrops) Don't ask. I didn't mean for it to become a running joke throughout the story, but apparently it wants to be so... guess it stays. Stupid piece of fruit. For now, it's there to represent Malik being a vegitarian.
----

Shiro: (big grin) I've decided who's cuter!

Keitaro: Is it me? (gives puppy eyes)

Shiro: Well... I probably shouldn't tell you this but...

Keitaro: (whines) Tell me...! Please?

Everyone else: (sweatdrop)

Shiro: You're both absolutely adorable but... Sorry Kei-kun, Ryou's cuter.

Keitaro: WHAT! How-?! Why-?! I want a re-count!

Shiro: (pulls small piece of paper) Ryou's the cutest, Malik's the hottest-

Malik: (grins)

Bakura: What about me?

Shiro: (sighs) 'Kura, you're the most sadistic.

Bakura: YES!

Shiro: U-U; And you need the most help... well, you and Marik are a close tie with that.

Bakura and Marik: Hey!

Shiro: (sweetly) May I finish? (waits a moment) Good. Alright, Marik's the most psychotic, Yugi and Yami are the save-the-world-goody-goodies- (ignores Bakura, Marik, and Yume's snickering) Kyle is the nicest, and Keitaro made two catagories as the most annoying-but-really-sweet and terribly-annoying-yet-adorable.

Keitaro: (smirks) I'm special!

Kaze: (quietly) Ed...

Shiro: Don't call my Kei-kun special ed! (snaps fingers)

Kaze: (yelps as for the thirty-billionth time her clothing catches on fire)

Shiro: (grins) I love being a pyro. Review replies are below!

REVIEW REPLIES

None

Shiro: (stares blankly at the screen) No reviews...? (sighs) Well, I'm posting this anyway. Please review, minna-san!