Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 9: Yami Psychology?! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: I really like this chapter. It gets a little funny.

Keitaro: And we like funny! ^-^

Bast: (nods)

...

Shiro: Okay, now what.

Kyle: You need to get the story rolling.

Shiro: (blinks) Oh yeah...

...

Bast: Well, I see you later! (runs off)

Keitaro: I still need to vacuum the living room! (runs off too)

Shiro: Darn it... (sweetly) Hey Kyle...!

Kyle: (wearily) What?

Shiro: (uses hikari eyes) Please do the disclaimer for me!

Kyle: (slowly backs away) But- I- (twitches) Oh fine... (sighs) Shiro doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh. She does own Tama, Yume, the millennium dragon, Tama's three chaos dragons, and the screwed up plot.

Shiro: =n-n=

--DRAGON-OF-THE-SHADOWED-LIGHT--DRAGON-OF-THE-SHADOWED-LI GHT--

Chapter 9: Yami Psychology?!
“Tama, Malik, do either of you have any clue why I found Yami bound and gagged in my closet last night?” Yugi asks the two early on Monday morning.

Malik chokes on his apple (which is his breakfast) and Tama looks at Yugi likes he’s crazy. Apparently, neither of them are fully awake yet.

“Bound and gagged in your closet?” Ryou repeats. “That sounds like-”

Tama and Malik finally wake up at hearing this and crack up laughing. This earns many odd looks from everyone else in the classroom.

“I take it you two do know.” Yugi says to the laughing maniacs.

Tama manages to calm herself down a little. “S-sorry, Yugi!” She takes a few deep breaths to fully calm down, then she whacks Malik on the head. “Malik, you’re spitting apple everywhere. Eat it, don’t spit it out.”

“So?” Yugi asks.

Tama sighs. “Yes, it was Yume, Marik, and Bakura who did it. They’ve been unusually active lately.”

“I think they need psychology.” Malik says jokingly, tossing his apple across the room to the garbage can. “People are always telling us that we need help-” (“I wonder why…” Ryou mutters sarcastically.) “-but what about our yami’s?”

“Malik, anyone we would send our yami’s to for psychology would later need psychology sessions themselves.” Yugi notes.

“What if I get Ishizu to be their psychologist?” Malik asks. “She’s been wanting to talk to the yami’s for a while now anyway. I think she’s trying to keep a record of all the stuff they do and wants to make sure they’re mentally stable.”

“Well that’s smart.” Tama comments. “That way, if they go out to torment Domino then we’ll know who does- what? Why are you looking at me like that?”

Ryou groans. “Please don’t give them any more idea’s. They get enough from you two as it is.”

“I kinda like the psychology thing.” Yugi comments. “It would give our yami’s something to do at any rate.”

Malik grins. “I’ll talk to Ishizu then.”

“No threats.” Tama warns like usual. “And no blackmail.”

“Fine.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 -0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Psychology?” Yume asks, sitting in between Marik and Bakura. “The Lights brought us here for psychology?”

Ishizu sighs. “Yes. And before you say anything, I just want to tell you that this was all Malik’s idea.”

“I heard that!” Malik yells from a room or two down.

“I know why they are here,” Yami says, trying to move further away from the other three. “but why am I here?”

Yume snorts. “Why do you think you’re here, baka. You’re just as psychotic as we are.”

“I resent that!”

Ishizu sighs as the two cousins begin arguing. ‘This might take a while.’

Later
“Alrught Marik, you’re going to do an ink blot test. I’m going to hold up a piece of paper with ink on it, and you tell me what it looks like.” Ishizu says.

Marik nods, comfortably relaxing on the couch by himself.

The first few papers were relatively normal. (“The inside of our microwave.” “Bread as Malik’s stuck it in the toaster.” “An apple.”) But then Ishizu holds up the last one.

“Yami being decapitated with blood flying everywhere.” Marik says boredly.

Ishizu frowns and flips the paper over. “Sure… go out and send someone in.”

Marik grins, gets up, and walks over to the door and opens it. “Hey Tomb Robber! Stop flirting with my cousin and get in here!”

Ishizu sweat drops as she’s shuffling the ink blots.

Marik disappears into the living room and seconds later Bakura comes in with a scowl on his face. “This is stupid.” He comments.

“You can thank Malik later. Now, I’m hoping you know what an ink blot test is…”

Bakura’s test goes relatively well as well. (“A steak.”, “A large cat.”, “Marik’s hikari’s toast.”) And then comes the last one.

Bakura smirks. “Yami being decapitated with blood flying everywhere.”

Again, Ishizu frowns and flips the ink blot over to look at it. “…” She sighs. “Fine. Send Yume in.”

Yume’s came out normal as well… (“A cat.”, “The inside of your microwave.”, “A rose.”) And then he last one again.

Yume blinks and looks at the ink blot for a moment. “It looks like Yami being decapitated with blood flying everywhere.”

For the third time, Ishizu flips the ink blot over and studies it. “Send Yami in…”

Now, you’d think that with Yami it’d be a little different. But for the forth time…

“Ishizu, why does that look like me being decapitated?”

This time Ishizu throws the ink blots into the air in exasperation. Yami quickly leaves the room to escape the Egyptian’s temper.

Domino High- last period- homeroom
Tea stands at the front of the class trying to get everyone’s attention. In the back of the classroom Yugi, Ryou, Malik, Tama, and Joey have pulled five desks together and are happily talking. Over on the other side of the room Duke sits performing dice tricks for a bunch of girls around him, and sitting by himself is Tristan, who’s working on homework for once.

“May I have everyone’s attention?” Tea asks. “Excuse me!”

Tama looks up at this time and notices Tea trying to get everyone’s attention. With a sigh, she brings two fingers up to her mouth and lets out a loud whistle.

Everyone else turns and stares at the tri-color haired girl, who blushes almost immediately.

“What?” She defensively asks. “Tea’s been trying to get our attention for a while so I decided to help her.”

Tea gives Tama a thankful look before addressing the class. “As you know, we are getting closer to the last day of school. Earlier in the year we wanted to have a party of some kind. I brought it up at the meeting and everyone thought it was a good idea. Now, I know it was just suppose to be for our homeroom, but since the rest of the tenth grade representatives and the teachers liked it, it’s going to be for all of the tenth grade homerooms.” Tea continues on to explain when and where the end-of-school party will take place.

By the time homeroom is over, Tama, Yugi, Joey, Ryou, Duke, and Malik are part of the group of ten from their homeroom to help decorate, set-up, and plan.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama groans as she collapses on the couch. “Who’s bloody brilliant idea was it to get started on the party today? It’s only Tuesday.”

“Tea, most likely.” Ryou replies, sitting down in the recliner.

Tama lifts her head up and looks around suspiciously. “It’s way too quiet.”

“Bakura and Yume are at the Ishtar’s, remember?” Ryou says. “So we at least have five minutes or so of peace.”

-RRRRIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG!-

“So, much for five minutes of peace…” Tama says dryly, stretching in order to reach the phone. Before the third ring she manages to pick it up. “‘lo, Bakura residence.” She quickly holds it away from her ear, guessing who it is.

“Tama! These yami’s are driving me nuts!” Malik yells. “Do you know what they’ve done in the short period of ten minutes that I’ve been home?! Oh, and here’s a good one- they’re in spirit mode!”

“Malik dear, you’re yelling loud enough for Ryou to hear you across the room.” Tama replies, yawning. “Look, if they’re causing that much destruction then just send Yume and Bakura home.”

“Ishizu refuses to send them home without supervision. Do you know what they-”

“Malik,” Tama says, cutting her cousin off. “I’m well aware of the destruction they can cause. I’ve seen it first hand, first with Yume and Marik and now with those two and Bakura. Or have you forgotten that I live with Bakura and Yume.”

“Please come get those two. They’ve already helped Marik destroy my neighbors flowers and torment another one’s dog.” Malik begs.

“I’m surprised your not helping them.” Tama can’t help but comment.

There’s silence on Malik’s end for a moment.

“Well, I wanted to, but Ishizu threatened me.”

Tama sighs. “Alright, Ryou and I will come get them… eventually.”

“Can’t move? You must be getting old, Tama.”

“Have fun.” Tama replies, before hanging up the phone.

“What have they done now?” Ryou asks.

Tama grins. “Nothing much. Tormented a neighbors dog and destroyed another neighbors flowers. Nothing on a major scale. Anyway, Ishizu made Malik call to get us over there and get Bakura and Yume. I told him we’ll go get them once we can move again.”

Ryou sighs. “You do realize we should go get them soon, right?”

“I know, I’m just gonna let Malik sweat a bit.” Tama says, a grin on her face. “We can start heading over there.”

Ryou laughs as he stands up. “Yes, I can imagine Ishizu chasing them around with a broom or something.”

Tama shakes her head before standing up. “Or something. One of Malik’s daggers works better. You’d be amazed at how many of those things he has.”

Ryou sweat drops. “I don’t want to know.”

“True.” Tama responds with a nod.

Friday afternoon
“Sit down!” Ishizu yells at the four stubborn, argumentive darks. “Shut up and sit down! I don’t care who or what you are or were in the past, if you don’t sit down and shut up-!”

“Which one first?” Marik ‘innocently’ asks. “Do you want us to sit down or shut up first?”

“Both!” Ishizu all but screams, on the verge of tugging her hair out. ‘I feel like I’m baby-sitting four little kids! Make that four little kids with strange powers, memory loss, a fascination for sharp and pointy objects and gold things, and almost a complete disregard for rules of any kind!’ Ishizu glares at the three- THREE?! ‘Oh hell, I’m screwed…’ “MARIKU ISHTAR!!!”

Yume, Bakura, and Yami wince from the loud yell, two of them hoping Marik’s plan works, and one cursing Marik for doing something else to get them in trouble.

Marik snickers as he walks into the kitchen, looking for something that makes a loud noise. His gaze falls on the blender and he smirks. “This has possibilities.”

Less than five minutes later, Ishizu runs into the kitchen to see the blender going full blast, spewing it’s contents everywhere. Marik, of course, is no where to be seen.

Twenty minutes later Ishizu storms back into her room to see all of the yami’s missing. As soon as her brain registers that they’re gone, the phone rings.

“Hello?” Ishizu asks, paling when she recognizes one of her neighbors voices. “My brother and his friends did WHAT?! Don’t worry, I’ll get them.” Fire alight in her dark sapphire eyes, Ishizu slams the phone down and goes off in search of her brother’s Dark and the other three.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Several hours later Malik, Ryou, Tama, and Yugi walk up the driveway and into the house. None of them are surprised to see their Darks being yelled at by Ishizu. (Yume, Bakura, and Marik because they had caused the trouble, and Yami because he had done nothing to stop them.) What they are surprised to see are the numerous, half filled cardboard boxes.

“Ishizu, what’s going on?” Malik asks, stepping around on of the boxes.

Ishizu doesn’t look away from the yami’s as she answers her brother, determined to not let the troublemakers out of her sight again. “Thanks to your yami’s,” she says, glaring at said yami’s. “we have been evicted.”

Malik, who had picked up a breakable object from one of the boxes, drops the object. It falls on the floor and shatters, but Malik pays no mind. “E-evicted?!”

Tama glares at Yume, who looks defiantly back. Ryou looks down at the floor, while Bakura just smirks. And Yugi looks disapprovingly at Yami, who looks sadly at the ground.

“Yes, evicted. Now I have to find an apartment for us to stay in that’s within our budget.” Ishizu says.

“I thought you guys couldn’t find one in your price range before.” Tama comments.

Yume smirks at Malik. “I hear gold is really valuable these days, Malik. Why don’t you sell some of that jewelry?”

Malik backs away from Yume, his right eye twitching. “NEVER!” He screams before dashing off to his room.

“That’s why.” Ishizu, Marik, and Tama all say.

“I-I have an idea.” Ryou shyly says. “You guys can stay at my house until you find a new place.”

Tama looks at Ryou in surprise, along with everyone else. “Ryou, you do realize that having three yami’s in the house is a bad thing, right?”

“What’s the worst that could happen? They’re just spirits.” Ryou asks.

“Several things come to mind.” Tama replies.

Marik laughs and runs forward to hug Ryou tightly. “Silver-pretty’s so nice! Mariku be good, he really will!”

“Umm, Marik,” Ishizu says, taking a step forward. “Ryou can’t breath.”

Marik mutters, “Knew I forgot something…” as he releases Ryou from his bone-crushing hug. He grins suddenly. “Ooo! Mariku go tell hikari-pretty!”

Yami almost falls over at the ever-excitable Marik plows right past him. Yume, deciding to be nice to her cousin for once, catches him before he does fall over. (which is why Yami almost fell over) Bakura, being the most evil of the group, pushes both Yami and Yume over. Within seconds, Yume is back up on her feet and is arguing with Bakura.

Everyone else sweat drops and Tama can’t help but comment, “This is one of the several things that come to mind.”

The Next Day- Saturday Morning
“Malik! Let go of the Ra-dammed couch!” Tama growls, trying to drag Malik away from the couch and out of the house by his feet.

“I don’t want to!” Malik cries, holding tightly onto the couch. “We’ve been through so much together!”

Tama drops Malik’s feet and looks at her cousin in exasperation. With a sigh, she turns to the people buying the house and bows. “Please excuse my cousin, he has mental issues that he seriously needs to get worked out.” She says apologetically. “Now move Malik, you fat lump of lard!”

//Bribing works.// Marik mentions.

Tama sighs. “Malik, Ryou has a nice soft, bouncy couch at home that you can hug.” Remembering what is now known as ‘the cup holder incident’, Tama decides to mention it. “And it has a cup holder now.”

“But it’s not the same!” Malik cries.

‘Time to pull out the big guns…’ “I’ll cook dinner for a week.”

“You do that anyway.” Malik replies, curling up on the couch.

“Fine. Ice cream and fruit smoothies for a week.”

Malik considers this. “Two weeks or no deal.” He finally says.

Tama nods. “Alright, two weeks.”

Malik happily hops off the couch. “Okay, lets go!” He says, grabbing his bag and pulling the keys from his pocket. “I’m driving!”

“Hell no!” Tama protests. “Let me drive for once!”

“It’s my bike!”

“I’m paying for your ice cream and fruit smoothies for two weeks!”

The two Lights continue their friendly bickering as they walk out the door, leaving two bewildered new owners. It doesn’t help that as they’re walking out, Malik can’t resist making a quick comment that goes something like, “I wonder when they’ll find out about the bodies buried in the backyard?”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

R 20;Honey, I’m home!” Tama jokingly calls, stepping into Ryou’s house with Malik.

“DIIIIIEEEEEE!”

Malik and Tama step to the side as Yume and Bakura run though the hallway and out the door, Yume holding Tama’s old baseball bat over her head, poised to strike.

Sweatdropping, the two Lights walk down the hall and turn left into the kitchen.

“Marik, are you cooking?” (Shiro: In an apron! *snickers*) Malik asks, dropping his bag at the sight of his yami in a apron.

Marik turns around and squeals. “Hikari-pretty!”

Tama steps to the side, giggling as she watches Marik scoop Malik up into a fierce hug.

“M-marik!” Malik chokes out. “C-can’t breath!”

Marik releases his hikari, apologizing as he does so.

“Marik, the stove!” Ryou shouts, running into the room.

What follows can only be described as complete and total chaos. It takes all four of them ten minutes just to get the fire out and then they have to spend the next 45 minutes cleaning up the kitchen.

‘Mental note number one,’ Tama thinks to herself later that night. ‘Never let Marik cook.’

--DRAGON-OF-THE-SHADOWED-LIGHT--DRAGON-OF-THE-SHADOWE D-LIGHT--

Shiro: Okay, so it's going a bit faster than I anticipated. I actually wasn't going to have Ishizu and Malik evicted until the next chapter, but yami's are so unpredictable. (glares at Yume, Bakura, and Marik) I also introduced Marik's slightly insane side sooner than expected. I really didn't mean to get him hyper and overexcited in this chapter-

Bast: Which is why he reverted to third person.

Shiro: (sighs) Yeah...

Bast: (smiles) You took too long trying to get to the point.

Shiro: Meanie... I can explain it by myself, yami. I'm a big girl.

Bast: Aww, poor little hikari.

Shiro: Shut up.

Kyle: u-u Sadly, this is completely normal... and since we can't respond to reviews anymore, the thanks you's are below.

THANK YOU'S TO:
kaorichan1189

Next time:
Yami therapy has been discontinued, so the yami's have to be kept in their soul rooms all day, the Lights form a help group with Joey's help, Tama finally gets to know Mokuba better, and the Darks continue to fight.