Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 10: Support Group? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: Alright, here's chapter 10! I know I should really be focusing a bit more on my other stories but... oh well! I'm focusing all my attention on this story and Truth Be Told at the moment.

Kaze: And the only reason you're focusing your attention on Truth Be Told is because it's almost done.

Shiro: Yup! That's about right!

Kaze: Baka.

Shiro: (ignores Kaze) Can someone please do the disclaimer?

Keitaro: Shiro doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! nomatter how much she wishes she does. She does own Tama, Yume, the Chaos dragons, and the plot.

O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O. O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O

Chapter 10: Support Group?

“Those two are driving me bloody insane!” Tama exclaims, her British accent more pronounced than usual.

“Which two?” Yugi asks, sitting down with his lunch.

Tama, Ryou, and Malik all point at the two necklace-like Millennium items laying on the ground.

“They kept us up all night with their bickering.” Malik yawns. “And Marik wasn’t helping.”

“Man, you guys got a lot of problems with dem yami’s.” Joey comments, sitting down across from Ryou. (Shiro: I know I didn’t mention this, so I’ll put it here: the group is sitting in a circle for this lunch.) “You guys need one of dem support group thingys.”

Tama’s lilac eyes light up. “Joey, you’re a genius!” She exclaims, kissing the blonde on the cheek.

Joey blushes.

“We can have a Light Support Group! It’s perfect!” Tama continues excitedly. “We can use the mind link so that our yami’s can’t overhear us!”

“Mind link?” Joey questions. “Is dat some sort of Light thing?”

All of the hikari’s stop and thing about the question.

“We’ve never really tried to include anyone else…” Ryou says. “We could see if there’s a way to include you.”

Yugi nods. “We should at least try.”

-(Back to the ol’ mind link, ne?)- Tama comments.

-/Now’s not the time to be cracking jokes./- Malik says.

-(You’re right, I’d better wait until we get Joey here.)-

Yugi and Ryou sweat drop.

-‘Have you two switched brains or something?’- Ryou asks.

-(Hmm… I wonder if that’s possible.)- Tama murmurs thoughtfully. -(Maybe we can ask-)-

‘NO!’ Comes the overwhelming reply.

-(I’m joking! Jeez.)-

-)Shouldn’t we be trying to get Joey in here?(- Yugi asks.

-/Can’t we say we tried but it didn’t work?/- Malik hopefully asks.

-(Play nice, Malik.)-

-/What?/- Malik almost snaps. -/Have you not noticed how he still avoids me! It’s my yami who you have to watch out for!/-

The other three ignore the blonde Light.

-‘So, how are we going to do this?’- Ryou asks curiously.

-)I don’t know. Maybe we should just try to contact him like we did with each other.(- Yugi says uncertainly.

Malik sighs heavily. -/Have your Dark’s taught you nothing about your powers?/- He asks.

-(Malik, might I remind you that half our yami’s don’t remember their past. Exactly how would they be able to teach us?)-

-/The use of shadow powers are instinctive to our Darks./- Malik replies. -/Look, just focus on Joey and try to reach him. Tama, you and I will throw out our powers and try to get a link started. Yugi, Ryou, don’t try to contact us until we talk directly to you. Understand?/- Malik asks.

‘Yes.’ Yugi and Ryou reply. The three boys then wait for Tama’s reply.

-(Throw out our powers? Malik, what they hell are you talking about?)-

-/Remember what Marik taught us?/-

-(Has Marik ever taught us anything? And I mean besides how to think up completely ridiculous plans on how to take over the world.)-

-/Swodahs tcetorp eht thgil./-

Understanding dawns on Tama’s face. -(Swodah tcetorp eht thgil.)- She repeats.

Yugi and Ryou exchange puzzled looks.

Joey sighs. “Ya know, if ya guys cant get dis mink link thing up I don’t mind.”

Tama smiles at Joey. “Hang on Joey, we think we know how to do this.” Her and Malik both close their eyes, whispering something under their breath. Meanwhile, Yugi and Ryou work on trying to talk to Joey.

2 minutes later…

-)…-ey? Joey, can you hear me?(- Yugi asks.

-=Yug’? Man, dis is weird.=-

-‘But at least it worked.’- Ryou comments.

-(It was hard though…)- Tama tiredly speaks up. -(I feel like I did the first time Marik decided to teach me and Malik how to summon protective shadows.)-

-/It is basically the same thing./- Malik comments, sounding just as exhausted as Tama does. -/Except this is more controlled. We basically had to bend a small portion of shadow magic together to create a link between all of us and Joey. We didn’t have to do this before, because, as Lights, we all already have a strong bond./-

-(That’s slightly disturbing.)-

-/Shut up, Tama./-

-(You do realize I’m not really talking.)-

Yugi and Ryou sigh and Joey listens, growing more confused as Malik and Tama continue fussing.

-‘Tama, you’re off subject.’- Ryou comments. -‘We were talking about the ‘Light Support Group’ idea, remember?’-

-(I remember, but what do we have to discuss anyway?)-

-=Shouldn’t ya set up times to hold da meetin’? Or make up guidelines or figure out what ta talk about?=- Joey suggests.

-(Man Joey, what’d you do? Forget to eat your stupid pills this morning?)- Tama jokingly asks.

-=Forget ta eat your crazy pills dis mornin’?=- Joey shoots back, also jokingly.

-)Getting back on subject,(- Yugi says. -)We should have a scheduled meeting at least every Saturday.(-

-/We need emergency meeting regulations./- Malik adds.

-‘And a course of discussion, which is basically what Joey suggested.’- Ryou says.

And so, for the rest of lunch, the hikari’s plus Joey continue to set up their Light Support Group, adding a few activities (such as Shadow Bending) to do instead of just talking. By the time lunch ends, they agree to include Joey in on their meetings, despite him not being a true hikari. (Tama had suggested that they let Joey be their first and only honorary Light. The others agreed.)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Nothing exciting happens for the rest of the school day unless you count going back to the gym to decorate. For once, Tama is lucky and partially gets out of decorating. Instead of being shut up in the hot, stuffy gym, she gets to walk to the nearest dollar store to get more crepe paper and balloons.

Tama glares at the innocent looking dollar store bag. ‘How in the name of Ra did I get into this? I’m not good at decorating!’

“Leave me alone! I didn’t do anything to you guys!”

Tama curiously looks up, recognizing the voice, and then frowns when she sees three teenage boys picking on a smaller very familiar looking boy. Tama walks quickly into the park area, setting the bag down by a large tree. Then she pulls off her school jacket and ties it around her waist with one hand, while the other loosens her tie.

Stepping out from behind the tree, she glares as darkly as she can at the boys, which is surprisingly dark for a Light. “Well now, what do we have here?” Tama asks, startling all the boys.

“Tama!” The young black haired boy cries.

Tama nods at the boy. “Hey Mokuba, looks like you’re in a bit of a fix there.” She redirects her gaze to the five boys surrounding him and the glare returns, full force. “You lot, bug off. It’s dishonorable to pick on those smaller than you.”

“Who are you to tell us what to do?!” Boy #1 growls. “Get her boys.”

Tama sighs. “ I so hoped I wouldn’t have to resort to violence. Oh well, too bad for you- morons!” She says, ducking a punch to her head. “Bring it!” She yells, before punching the nearest one in the face.

Mokuba winces when he hears the crack of bones, knowing that the boys nose is most likely broken. Then he cringes when Tama flips one of the guys over her shoulder, twisting Boy #3’s arm. Right after this, Mokuba notices the last two guys ganging up on her, one in front of her and the other behind her. “Tama, look out!” He yells.

Tama yelps as the boy behind her (Boy #4) swings his leg into the back of her knees. She hisses in pain when her knees and legs forcefully hit the ground. Her glare turns darker, if possibly, and then her lilac eyes turn bright gold as she speaks in a strong, calm voice not of her own. “Thgil raeh ruo nehw ehs nac ton.”

Mokuba has to shield his eyes when a bright light fills the small area. He wait’s a minute before hesitantly opening his eyes. He cries out when he sees a pair of golden eyes right in front of his face.

“Relax young one.” ‘Tama’ says.

Mokuba shies away from her. “Y-you’re not T-tama.” He stutters.

She chuckles. “You are a wise one indeed. Defiantly the mark of the younger brother of the Dragon Master. I have merely borrowed the Dragon Guardian’s body to protect her. I daresay her lovely Dark isn’t too happy about this.”

Mokuba takes a deep, calming breath and slowly lets it out. “So who- or what- are you?”

“I am a mere light of what I used to be. This is the only way I am able to interact in this realm without a full summon.” She explains. “I am the one known as the Dragon of Chaotic Light.”

“Dragon of Chaotic Light…” Mokuba repeats. “But if you’re talking to me, where’s Tama?”

“Safe in her soul room. My forced possession has her locked in there for a short period of time.” Light replies easily.

‘Which is quite mean.’ Tama grumbles. ‘At least I don’t have to hear Yume’s whining like you do though…’

/././I can always make that happen, young Guardian./././
Light reminds her.

‘But that would be mean. Now pay attention to Mokuba before he thinks-’ Tama cuts herself off when she feels a tug at her soul. ‘On second thought, let me out.’

/././As you wish, little Guardian./././
Light replies, closer her eyes.

Tama’s stomach does a summersault as she feels herself forcefully given control back. ‘Whoa. Now that was the weirdest thing I’ve ever felt.’ She opens her eyes to see Mokuba’s hand waving in front of her face. “Hey Mokuba, miss me?”

“Not much,” Mokuba jokes, finally relaxing when he finds out Tama’s back in control.

Tama sighs. “So cruel… Well, I’ve gotta get back to school before-”

“TAMA!”

-THUD-

Tama glares at the spiky, blonde haired boy clinging to her. “Before my idiot blonde cousin spends nearly all of the rest of his energy to send his psycho yami to find me. Get off Marik.”

“Mariku found little-Light and Mariku no let go. Hikari-pretty’s orders.”

“Since when do you listen to Malik…?” Tama grumbles under her breath. “At least let me up. You’re heavy. You eat too much.”

Marik frowns. “I do not! Hikari-pretty’s the one who eats too much.” His frown deepens. “Are you calling me fat?”

“If you want to be technical, she’s calling Malik fat.” Yume states, fading in beside Tama.

Mokuba jumps, obviously startled. “W-who-?”

“Yume,” The spirit says, no shock registering on her face at Mokuba being able to see her. “Tama’s Dark, yami, or whatever you want to call me.” Then she turns back to Marik. “Now get off my hikari. Oh, and I care nothing about what Malik told you; I’m more dangerous than he is.”

Marik sighs and reluctantly lets go of Tama’s waist. “You ruin all my fun, Yume.”

Yume rolls her violet eyes. “Well somebody has to.”

Tama carefully sneaks away from the two now-bickering yami’s and over to Mokuba. “C’mon Mokuba, I’ll walk you home.”

Mokuba nods, slightly hesitantly. “But what about them?“

“They’ll be fine.” Tama replies. “Now, where do you like, ‘cause I’ve got no clue.”

Mokuba smiles and gives her the address, hoping Seto won’t mind too much.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama stares up at Mokuba and Seto’s house, mouth agape. “Sugoi…” She whispers breathlessly. “You and Seto live here?”

Mokuba nods, quickly punching in the password to open the gate. Then he steps back as the gate opens enough to let he and Tama pass through. Turning to Tama he asks, “Do you wanna come in, Tama? We still haven’t fully discussed the job thing with Seto yet. He should be coming home soon.”

Tama weighs her options. ‘Go back to school and get tortured for the rest of the night and get yelled at for ditching Marik and not get a job, or go inside with Mokuba, discuss the idea, and get yelled at later… Go inside it is!’ She smiles at Mokuba. “I’d love to come in!”

Mokuba laughs. “Alright, come on. We’ve got a bit of a walk ahead of us.”

Tama nods before resuming looking in awe at the large BEWD fountain futher toward the house. “Sugoi…”

Mokuba holds back a laugh at his friend’s reaction to seeing where he lives.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“This is so cool, Mokuba. You’ve got an awesome room.” Tama says, still looking around in awe. “I’m guessing the dragon posters are Seto’s influence.”

Mokuba nods as he drops his book bag onto his bed.

“Man, this is bigger than Ryou’s living room! Too cool!”

Mokuba shifts uncomfortable, catching Tama’s attention. “Hey Tama?”

Tama sheepishly smiles. “Sorry, I haven’t been in a big house for a long time. I’m impressed this place is so clean with two guys living here.”

“You should see Seto’s room; then you might change your mind.”

Tama laughs at this, the image of the always cold, blue-eyed brunette having a messy room a little too much for her.

“Tama, can you cook me a snack, pleeeeaaaassse?” Mokuba begs, using his own lethal form of the infamous puppy-eyes. “I know you’re a good cook because when I went to the shop you were cooking something the first time we met.”

Tama raises an eyebrow. “That doesn’t mean I’m a good cook.”

“Please Tama?” He begs one last time.

“Alright,” Tama caves in. “but only because you’re so sweet and asked politely.”

Mokuba cheers before practically dragging the tri-color haired girl down to the kitchen, talking excitably the whole way.

“Seto fired out last chef because he put too much seasoning in our soup- one of the seasonings he had an allergic reaction to…” Mokuba continues until the reach the kitchen, much to Tama’s amusement.

“Any preferences for dinner, Mokuba?” Tama asks, pulling the apron off the stove and putting it on. Mokuba hops up onto a stool. “Nope! But you don’t have to make dinner, you know.”

“Mokuba, it’s six o’clock, you got me out of the stupid decoration committee and almost got beat up in the park. I’m making dinner for you and Seto and you’re going to make dessert.” Tama replies. “Now, do you have any idea as to where anything is in the kitchen?”

“I know where glasses, plates, and silverware are, but not much else.” Mokuba admits. “What dessert am I making?”

Tama sweat drops when she opens a cabinet to see that it’s packed full. She smiles when she spots a box of chocolate cake mix. ‘Bingo.’ She thinks, pulling herself up onto the counter just to reach the box. She jumps down once she retrieves it and sets the box down in front of Mokuba. “You’re making chocolate cake.”

“That’s one of Seto’s favorites.” Mokuba remarks.

‘I know…’ “Is it?”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Tadaima!” Tama yells, stepping into the house.

Like clockwork, a crash and a few yells sound from the living room and a tired looking Ryou steps into the hallway.

“Okaeri-nasai.” The white-haired boy manages to say before Tama’s practically tackled by two certain lilac-haired boys.

“Malik! Marik! Get off Tama now!” Ishizu yells, walking out of the living room.

Malik and Marik ignore Ishizu and start questioning Tama about where she’s been and why she abandoned them.

Tama sweat drops for the second time this evening. “Guys!” She yells. “Urusai!”

Malik and Marik instantly shut up.

“Relax, I was just helping out Mokuba with something and finalized my job with Seto.” She holds up a hand, signaling for them to stay quiet. “Mokuba was having a bit of a bully problem in the park, so I helped him out. I did stay over there for longer than I planned though…”

Yume pokes her now-ghostly head into the hallway. “Tell Ishizu about the weird dragon possession thing that locked both of us in our soul rooms. She won’t believe me!”

Tama frowns. “Yeah, that was weird… why’d that happen? And why did she call me ‘little Guardian’?” She looks at Yume in confusion.

“I think she was referring to one of my roles in the past, but I don’t remember.” Yume replies.

Ishizu frowns. “So this dragon possessed you?” She asks. “Why?”

“I did hit a little trouble when I was fighting the bullies…”Yama murmurs. “The weirdest thing is that she said she’s the Dragon of Chaotic Light.” She says, yawning suddenly.

“That’s enough for tonight.” Ishizu says. “You all have school in the morning, so go on to bed.”

Everyone says their goodnights and then head off to bed.

O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O -O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O-O.O

Shiro: Well, that was fun to write. The ending's a little weak, but I needed a quick way to finish up the chapter and that's all I could come up with.

Bast: Well, it's better than a cliffhanger.

Shiro: True. (sneezes) Damn allergies!

Bast: I told you not to sniff the yellow flowers, hikari.

Shiro: Shuddup. (sneezes again) Anyway... I'm planning on putting up one DOTSL sub-story sometime soon. It'll most likely be 'Remember When' which will give you all a better look at Tama's past. That's all I have for now. Please review!

Q&AQ: at the end of chapter 7, Ryou was walking to his house, and Tama was passed out, so how did Tama and Ryou end up in the same house?A: Sorry for the confusion- At the start of chapter 8 a few days or so have passed. I'm actually not too sure about how much time passed between the end of chapter 7 and the beginning of chapter 8. I should really figure that out...