Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 11: Tama's Job ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: Man, I'm on a roll with this story. I'll be finishing this in no time!

Kaze: (snorts) Somehow I don't believe that.

Shiro:(determinedly ignoring Kaze) I hope you all like this chapter. It's not the greatest ever, but it clears one thing up. Kyle, can you please do the disclaimer?

Kyle: Of course. Shiro doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh!. She does own Tama, Yume, the millennium dragon, the three chaos dragons, and the plot.

D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I-G-H-T--D -R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--

Chapter 11: Tama’s Job

“I told you already!” Tama yells. “I’m not- let me repeat- not telling you what my job is! You’ll have to wait and find out!”

For the past three days everyone has been bugging Tama about her job, whether it be bluntly (Joey and Malik) or subtly (Ryou and Ishizu). By now, Tama’s completely fed up with it.

“Please tell us.” Joey begs. “Pleeeaaaase?”

“Puppy eyes don’t work on me, Joey.” Tama says tersely, shutting her locker. She turns around and practically runs over Malik. “I said NO, Malik!” She yells.

“Oh, come on Tama, have a heart!” Malik begs. “I’m your cousin!”

Tama raises an eyebrow. “And that’s suppose to change my mind? Yugi, Ishizu, and Odion are my cousins too and I haven’t told them either.”

“Pleeeeaaaase?” Malik and Joey beg in unison.

“Don’t make me get Yume out here.” Tama threatens. “Now get out of my way. Both of you.” She growls.

“Ple-”

Tama pushes right past them, grumbling about the two of them not knowing subtlety if it were to smack them right in the face.
“Hey Tama-!”

Tama whirls around, lilac eyes furious. “I’m not telling you, Joey! For the last time- I am not telling you!” She turns back around after this, ignoring everyone’s stares, and stomps off to her next class.

Joey and Malik both sweat drop and Marik laughs at his hikari from within his soul room.

“I’d wait until lunch to tell her.” Malik says.

As if just realizing who he’s with in the hall, Joey edges away from Malik. “Gotta get ta class! Lata’!” He yells before running down the hall to his class.

Malik rolls his eyes and grumbles something about Joey being an idiot before heading off to his own class.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Scary movie-thon night at Bakura’s!” Joey yells, excitably waving his favorite scary movie. “Dis’ll be da best ever!”

Serenity sighs, worried for her brother’s sanity. “Calm down, Joey. It’s just a scary movie night.” Oh how she’ll regret saying those words…

“Dat we only have once every otha’ month!” Joey exclaims. “Dis is my favorite night of all, ya know!”

“I know, Joey.” Serenity says, decided to change the subject. “Are we almost there, big brother?”

“Right up dere,” Joey replies, pointing to the blue-gray house with what looks like different colored paint splattered all over it. “Dey musta had a paintball gun fight or somethin’.”

Serenity looks over the house and spots a large spot of paint on the roof. “Why’s there paint on the roof?” She asks.

“Eh?” Joey eyes the splotch. “Dat must be da place where Tama and Ba- Ryou dumped a bucket of blue paint on Malik.” He says, almost forgetting that they now call Ryou by his first name instead of his last. “Man, I hope Tama cooked! I’m starved!” Joey exclaims as they across the lawn and go up to the front door.

Serenity giggles at her older brother and Joey smiles at her as he opens the door.

“Hey guys!” Joey yells. “We’re here!”

“‘We’?” Tama questions, appearing in the kitchen doorway. “Oh Serenity! Joey, you didn’t tell me ‘Ren was coming!”

“That’s because whenever Joey tried to tell you, you shouted ‘la la la, I can’t hear you’ at the top of your lungs.” Malik yells from the living room.

Tama blushes. “Oh yeah… sorry ‘bout that, Joey.”

“Hey, what about me?!” Malik asks.

“You deserve it!” Tama yells, glaring at her Egyptian cousin, before turning back around and smiling at Joey and Serenity. “You guys can go on into the living room. Ryou and I are just finishing up dinner.” She says before disappearing back into the kitchen.

“‘kay. C’mon Serenity.” Joey says, tugging her arm.

In the living room everyone else has already gathered. Malik has taken over the couch, claiming it for himself, Tama, Ryou, and Yugi, but mainly for himself. Yugi has resigned to sitting on the arm of the couch for now. On the floor Tea and Tristan are holding a mock-duel, with a bored looking Duke watching them.

Duke’s boredom immediately dissipates when he sees Serenity. His jade eyes light up and he leaps to his feet and strides over to Serenity. Taking her hands in his own he says, “From Hell to Heaven, you’re a sight for sore ey- OW!”

Unbeknownst to Duke, Tama had snuck him so she could smack him in the head. “I knew I shouldn’t have introduced you to the show Inuyasha. I should have known…” She sighs. “Dinners ready, but a warning to all: Ishizu will have your heads if a plate shall.”

Malik lazily stretches. “Where is, sis? I’ve forgotten already.”

“Working tonight.” Tama replies. “Now come get your food. Oh, and while Ishizu’ll have your head, I’ll kick your ass if you so much as dare break one of the plates or glasses or make a big mess.” She cheerfully grins after saying this and then skips back to the kitchen.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Man I love dis!” Joey exclaims. “Chips, salsa, cookies, ham cheese, turkey, and- Hey Tama, what’s with all da veggies?”

Tama sets down a second plate of veggies and dip. “Malik’s a vegetarian. I’ve tried to make him eat meat, but that didn’t turn out too well.”

Malik casually plucks a broccoli off one plate and dips it in ranch dressing. “That’s what you get for forgetting which Millennium Item I hold and trying to get me to do something I don’t want to do.” He eats the broccoli before continuing. “Hey Tama, what’s your job.”

A glare is all the blonde Egyptian receives.

“You have a job, Tama?” Serenity asks.

“I do. And the next person to ask me what my job is will be pounded, you understand?” Tama growls, her hand clenching into a fist.

Joey and Malik gulp and inch away from Tama.

“What movie are we watching first?” Ryou asks, sitting down on the couch.

“The Ring/Resident Evil/Scary Movie 3!” Joey, Duke, and Malik yell at the same time.

“Scary Movie 3 ain’t scary, Malik!”

“So what, it’s a good way to start!”

“No it ain’t!”

“Yes it is!”

“No it-”

“Shut up, we’re watching Freddy verses Jason first!” Tama yells, sticking the movie into the VCR.

“One thing to do first!” Yugi yells. “Tama, we’ve been going nuts here; won’t you please just tell us what your job is?”

Tama throws her hands up in exasperation. “Fine! I’m an assistant to Mokuba, okay!?”

“What do you do?” Joey prods.

“Assistant things.” Tama grumpily replies, hitting the play button. “Tea, can you get the lights?”

Tea nods. “Sure.”

The Lights soon all claim the couch, with Joey squished in there beside Yugi. Serenity and Tea are sitting n the smaller, two-cushioned couch. This leaves Duke and Tristan with no place to sit except on the floor.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

The doorbell rings.

“AHHHHHHH!”

-THUNK-

“Ma n, that had to hurt.” Tama snickers, before attempting to pry Ryou’s fingers off her arm. “Ryou, can you let go? I think my arm is numb.”

“Some pause the movie!” Malik yells.

Tama manages to pry her arm from Ryou’s grip. “Do it yourself Malik, I’m answering the door.” She stands up and walks out of the living room, ignoring the loud ‘thuds’ as Malik scrambles over to the VCR, nearly plowing Duke and Tristan over.

She steps lightly down the hall until she reaches the door. Rolling her eyes when she hears everyone teasing Joey, Tama opens the door and is surprised to see a teary-eyed Mokuba standing there. “Mokuba?” She questions.

Mokuba sniffs, trying his hardest not to cry.

“Mokuba, what’s wrong?” Tama asks, concerned. She frowns when he doesn’t replies. “Nevermind… come in. I’ll make you some hot chocolate.”

Watery blue-gray eyes remain focused on the floor as Mokuba nods and steps into the hall. He slowly follows Tama down the hall and into the kitchen, where he sits down on a stool while Tama rushes around the kitchen making him hot chocolate.

“Tama, hurry up! I want to finish the movie!” Malik yells.

Tama rolls her eyes and sets the cup of hot chocolate, topped with cool whip and M&M’s, down on the counter in front of Mokuba. “So, I take it you’re not going to tell me what’s wrong?”

Mokuba shakes his head ‘no’, not trusting himself to speak.

“I can’t help you if you won’t talk to me.” Tama gently prods. “Did you lose some of Seto’s hidden Blue-Eyes White Dragon plushies?”

Mokuba sniffs, looking determinedly at the shiny countertop.

Tama sighs. “It has something to do with Seto, doesn’t it.” She states, frowning. “He didn’t yell at you, did he?”

The dam finally breaks and Mokuba begins crying, launching forward to cry into Tama’s red t-shirt. Tama soothingly runs her fingers through Mokuba’s jet black hair, humming a calming song to him.

Ten minutes later Tama manages to calm Mokuba down to the point he’s no longer crying. She gently pushes the cup closer to the black-haired boy and convinces him to take it.

“TAMA!” Malik yells.

Mokuba hiccups, a smile fighting its way onto his face. “W-what’s Malik y-yelling about?” He quietly asks.

“Well, today’s their ‘once-every-other-month-scary-movie-thon-night’.” Tama explains, casting a glance in the direction of the living room. “We stopped the movie when you rang the doorbell ‘cause Joey freaked out.”

Mokuba giggles, already cheering up. “What are you watching?”

“Scary Movie 3.” Tama replies with a sigh, wondering how Joey can freak out watching that movie after telling Malik that it’s not scary. “Care to join us for the night, Mokuba?”

Mokuba thinks about it for a minutes before nodding. “‘kay.”

“TA-!”

“URUSA I!” Tama roars, interrupting her cousin. She smiles down at Mokuba. “We’d better get in there before Malik throws a fit.”

Mokuba laughs at this, agreeing with her.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Do you think it’ll work?” Tama whispers to Serenity.

Serenity shrugs. “I really don’t know, Tama. Won’t Joey be angry though?”

“I dunno. I mean, I know Joey doesn’t really like him because of his attitude, but if this works… well, it wouldn’t be so much as a problem.” Tama replies.

“And what are we going to do about Yugi and Yami?” Serenity suddenly asks, changing the subject.

“Whaddya mean, ‘Ren?”

Serenity giggles. “You mean you haven’t noticed? And here I thought Joey was the slow one when it comes to stuff like this.”

“Actually, that would be Tristan.” Tama corrects. “But anyway, what are you talking about?”

“I can’t believe you haven’t noticed.” Mokuba yawns, sleepily opening his eyes. “I bet that it’s only you, Yugi, and Yami who haven’t noticed.”

Tama frowns. “Mokuba, how long have you been listening?” She asks.

“About the time you started talking about Yugi and Yami. Why?” Mokuba asks.

“No reason.” Tama replies. “Now, will one of you please tell me what the hell you’re talking about?”

“Yami and Yugi like each other.” Serenity says.

Tama stares at the brunette like she’s insane. “What are you talking about?”

“Remember when Yami, Marik, Bakura, and Yume came out earlier?” Serenity asks.

“How could I forget? Bakura broke my dragon figurine! (No respect at all!)” Tama replies. “What does this have to do with anything?”

“Remember the card game we were playing? Yugi and Yami were sitting right next to one another and every time their hands touched they would blush and look away from one another.” Serenity says.

Mokuba nods. “Yeah, they did.”

“You two are nuts.” Tama states. “I’m going to sleep, g’night.” She says, laying down on her back.

“‘Night.” Mokuba says, closing his eyes.

“Goodnight.”

Tama sighs and closes her eyes. ‘It can’t be true. Can it?’

D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I-G-H-T- -D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--

Shiro: Well, I'm sure you all can guess at least two of the pairings now, maybe three. Maybe I should put a warning... What do you think Bast, should I put a warning for one of the pairings?

Bast: (sighs) Probably should, otherwise you'll most likely get flamed again...

Shiro: (sighs as well) True. And I want to answer one person's question concerning something I accidentally typed last chapter with Malik and Marik's hair color. I had meant to type 'lilac-eyed' not 'lilac-haired'. I'll go back and fix it when I get the chance. Thank you for pointing that out, I never would have noticed it otherwise. ((you know who you are))