Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 13: Beach Vacation ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: I'm not in a very chatty mood at the moment, so I'll just put up my disclaimer...

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. I do own Tama, Yume, the Chaotic Dragons, the plot, and any other OC's included in this story. Oh, and this lovely roll of tape sitting on my desk. (pokes tape)
Warning: If you haven't figured it out by now, this story will contain a little shounen ai. Just small moments between Yami and Yugi which aren't crutial to the plot and are just there to make everything interesting. (bright smile)

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I-G-H-T- -D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

Chapter 13: Beach Vacation

“Congratulations Joey!” Tama exclaims upon hearing his good news.

Joey grins. “Thanks, Tama. I still can’t believe dat I won.” He tilts his head sideways, trapping the phone between his shoulder and cheek. Then he begins cutting up chicken. “Listen, da prize is four weeks at dis beach house. I want you and da other’s ta come. I can call Yug’, Tristan, and Téa, but can you tell Ryou and Malik? Dey’re part of da group now, ya know?”

“Sure Joey.” Tama replies. “Give me a sec and I’ll ask them.”

Joey hears a small click as Tama sets the phone down on the table and then hears muffled yelling. Chuckling, Joey dumps the chopped up chicken into a pan on the stove. It hisses upon hitting the burning hot metal and then quiets down. Joey begins humming a small tune as he sprinkles seasoning over the chicken.

“Joey?” Tama asks, checking to make sure he’s still there. “Malik and Ryou said they’ll come. And Ishizu says ‘thank you’ for getting their psychotic yami’s out of the house.”

Joey sweat drops. “‘kay den…”

“Don’t worry, Joey. The Darks have promised to behave themselves to the best of their abilities.” Tama assures him. “Look, I’ve gotta run. Ryou needs my help in the kitchen. We’re having pot roast tonight and Malik’s not too happy about that.”

Joey laughs. “Alright Tama, jus’ remember ta get over here at eight tomorrow. Dat’s da time I’ll have everything.”

“Okay Joey, see you then!”

Joey hears a ‘click’ and then the dial tone as Tama as hangs. Joey turns off his phone and then turns it back on and dials Yugi’s number.

-Ring! Ring!-

“Turtle Game Shop, how may I help you?” Yugi asks.

“Yug’. I won dat contest I was tellin’ ya about!” Joey exclaims, grabbing a spatula from an open drawer.

“That’s great Joey!” Yugi exclaims. “What did you win again?”

Joey opens the refrigerator and pulls out a jar. “Da prize is four weeks at a beach house. Tama, Ryou, and Malik are comin’, do you wanna come?”

“Sure.” Yugi replies. “Did you really ask Malik?”

“Yup.” Joey says, opening the jar and pouring some of the sauce onto the cooking chicken. “Well, Tama asked him for me”

“So you’re finally getting along with Malik, huh?” Yugi asks.

Joey stirs up the chicken. “Well, I figure if you and Tama think he’s alright he can’t be completely nuts.”

Yugi laughs.

“You find dat funny, Yug’?” Joey asks.

“Joey, I’ve trusted Malik about since the end of Battle City.” Yugi says. “I’ve got to go, Joey. Grandpa just got back with dinner.”

“‘kay, Yug’. Just get here tomorrow at eight. Dat’s da time we’re leavin’.” Joey says, turning the temperature on the stove down slightly.

“See you then, Joey.” Yugi says before hanging up.

Joey chuckles. “Da old man musta brought home burga’s.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Joey sits outside on his front porch waiting for the others to show up. Parked on the side of the road out of everybody’s way is a dark red Chevrolet truck.

By the time his watch hits 8 o’clock, everyone is already there and they’re finishing up figuring out who’s riding with who.

“Okay, Serenity, Yugi, and Ryou are with Joey in his new truck, Téa’s with Duke in his car, Tristan’s got his bike, and I’m driving Malik’s bike.” Tama says in a last effort to get everything confirmed.

“You are not driving my bike!” Malik protests.

Needless to say, Malik is ignored.

“I don’ get why we can’t just take my truck. If you all pile up in da-” Joey gets cut off by Duke.

“Joey, all of our stuff is in the back of your truck. There is no way we’d all fit back there.” Duke says.

Tama casts a somewhat apologetic look in Joey’s direction. “Can’t say you didn’t try, Joey. Now, whaddya say we hit the road?” She asks, handing her laptop to Ryou with firm instructions to be gentle with it.

“Alright let’s move out!” Joey yells, opening the drivers side door of his truck.

Laughing, the others head to the vehicles they’re either driving or riding in.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Man, look at this place!” Tristan says, looking around. “Looks like Joey did something right for a change.”

Joey growls, glaring at Tristan. “Put a sock in it, monkey-boy!”

“Now’s not the time to be arguing! We’re going to be here for a month, so we need to be f-” Tea gets cut off by Tama shouting, “Not the ‘f’ word!”

“Oh dear…” Ryou murmurs.

Téa looks at Tama in confusion. “But I wasn’t going to say that. I was going to say fri-”

“NO! DON’T SAY IT!” Tama yells, collapsing onto the ground. Inside her soul room Yume has doubled over laughing at her hikari.

“Say what? Frien-”

“Nononononononononononnonono!” Tama yells, covering her ears.

Malik smirks, finally figuring it out. “Friendship.”

“AHH! You said it! You’re not suppose to say it!”

There’s silence for a minute, broken only by Tama’s mutterings.

“Is she alright?” Joey asks Yugi and Malik. “She’s not going psycho on us, is she?”

Malik shakes his head ‘no’ while Yugi just looks at his younger cousin worriedly.

“She had Lucky Charms and a bottle of Pepsi for breakfast this morning.” Malik explains. “She gets very weird and reckless when she’s on a sugar high, which is why I didn’t let her drive.” He grins. “There’s only one way to snap her out of this.” He looks around the group and considers his options. ‘Hmm… monkey-boy?’

/./Tama will kill you././

‘Starfish?’

/./Yami will kill you././ Marik sounds amused by this thought.

‘Dog-boy?’

/./Are you trying to get yourself killed?/./

Malik looks around again. ‘Hmm… bunny?’

/./The killer rabbit?/./

‘That’s an interesting way of putting it.’ Malik’s grin grows wider. “Hey Tama, it’s a bunny!” He yells, pointing at Ryou.

“Bunny?” Tama asks, looking up. “BUNNY!” She happily- squeals?

Marik and Malik both wince. ‘Maybe that wasn’t such a good idea…’

Marik fully supports this thought as just seconds later Tama basically glomps Ryou, knocking the white-haired boy over.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama glares at Malik. “I’m going to kill you.” She says, struggling against the rope binding her to the chair. “Do you hear me?! I’m gonna kill you!”

Malik ignores Tama.

Tama sighs and stops struggling against the ropes. “Okay, maybe I’m not going to kill you.”

Malik continues to ignore his cousin. Instead, he hums a little tune.

This is the scene Yugi walks in on.

“Malik, untie Tama. We’re here to have fun, not hold each other hostage.” The short teen says.

Malik gives Yugi an exasperated look. “Yugi, Tama’s been sitting there threatening to kill me this entire time. I am not going to be the one to untie her.”

“I’m not going to kill you. I’m going to sic the killer rabbit on you and let him kill you.” Tama says sweetly.

Yugi sighs. “Tama, we promised Joey that our Darks would behave themselves. I don’t think Bakura killing Malik qualifies.”

Tama sighs, defeated. “Okay, fine. I won’t sic Bakura on him.” ‘Hey Yume?’

(.(I’m not going to kill Malik.).) Yume replies.

‘I wasn’t going to ask that, but thanks for letting me know. How do I get out of these ropes?’

(.(You’ve tried wiggling free?).)

‘Of course I have!’

(.(Alright, have you tried using the small dagger underneath your armband?).)

‘Oops.’

(.(Idiot hikari.).)

Carefully, Tama slips her small silver dagger out from under her armband and quickly cuts through the ropes binding her torso to the chair. Then she bends down and cuts the rope binding her legs to the chair. Straightening up, she smirks at Malik. “Oh Malik…!”

“Oh shit!” Malik yells before running out the room past a startled Yugi.

Chuckling, Tama slips the small dagger back underneath her silver armband. “So Yugi, where’s everyone else at?”

“Getting ready to go swimming. They sent me in here to get you and Malik.” Yugi replies.

“Swimming already? Joey’s idea, right?” Tama asks.

Yugi nods. “Yes, it was his idea. You going to come?”

Tama smiles. “Of course! I’ll let you track down our fellow hikari while I go hunt down my suitcase!” Still smiling, Tama bounces out of the room to go hunt for her missing suitcase.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Téa shrieks as Joey and Tristan gang up on her and dump cool ocean water on her head. Yugi, Duke, Ryou, Malik, and Serenity all laugh when Téa grabs a Super Soaker and chases the two boys around the beach with it.

Téa’s wearing a blue bikini that matches her eyes. Her brown hair lays damply on her shoulders thanks to Joey and Tristan. Serenity has on a light pink one-piece bathing suit and is wearing a light pink wrap. Her long light brown hair is braided back. Yugi’s wearing red swim trunks, Joey’s are black, Tristan’s are dark purple, Duke’s are green, Ryou’s are blue, and Malik’s are navy.

“What in the world…?” Tama asks, walking over to the group and watching Téa chase Joey and Tristan around at the same time. Her bathing suit is also a bikini, lime green in color, and she’s wearing a cream-colored wrap.

“Joey and Tristan dumped water on Téa.” Malik explains.

Tama giggles and sits down beside Ryou. “Man, this is nice…” She murmurs.

“It is.” Serenity whole-heartedly agrees.

“Have mercy! Have mercy!” Joey yells right before he trips and falls into the water.

The entire group cracks up laughing at the pathetic look on Joey’s face and all of them except Ryou and Tama take this time to join the blonde in the water.

Tama pulls Serenity’s beach bag toward herself and rifles through it murmuring, “Sunscreen, where’s the sunscreen?” Finally she finds the elusive sunscreen and pulls it out of the bag. She hums a small tune as she squirts some into her hand and then hands the high SPF sunscreen to Ryou.

Ryou smiles gratefully and takes the bottle, squirts some into his own hand, and then sets the bottle down in between them.

“Tama! Ryou! Come join us!” Malik yells. “Forget the sunscreen! You two need a tan!”

Tama rolls her eyes and ignores Malik, picking up the sunscreen and squirting more into her hand. With her other hand she unties her wrap so she can put sunscreen on her legs.

The two friends sit in silence for a minute or so, carefully making sure they have on enough sunscreen.

Tama sighs. “Ano, Ryou? Can you get my back?” She asks, failing to fight back a blush.

Ryou blushes as well, but nods.

Tama turns around so her back is facing Ryou and then pulls her hair over shoulder so it’s out of the way. Shivers run down her spine when Ryou’s hand makes contact with her shoulder. “Out playing in the water, Serenity pauses for a moment and watches the two English-accented teens. Joey notices this and looks over in the direction his sister is looking.

“They’d make a cute couple, wouldn’t they?” Serenity asks her brother.

Joey nods. “Dey would. Yug’ agrees with me, but I wouldn’t mention nothin’ to Malik.”

Serenity looks thoughtfully at Ryou and Tama for a moment. “Big brother, would it be wise to… give them a push?” She asks.

“I dunno, Serenity. It might make a month more interestin’ dough.” Joey replies. “We’ll think about it later, sis. We gotta go dunk Duke.”

Serenity looks around to figure out where the raven-haired boy is. “It looks like he’s already been dunked and it’s Yugi’s turn.”

Joey laughs. “Dunk Yug’ it is den!”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Seto and Mokuba sit in their limo. Mokuba is staring out the window in an attempt to find something interesting. Seto types continuously on his laptop.

A flash of bright red catches Mokuba’s attention. “Hey Seto, isn’t that Yugi?”

Seto momentarily looks up from his work and frowns. ‘So much for a peaceful week.’

“Hey Ryoichi, pull over up here for a second.” Mokuba requests, rolling down his window.

Their driver obeys and pulls over.

“Hey Yugi! YUGI!” Mokuba yells.

Yugi looks over at the limo and, seeing Mokuba, waves.

“Look’s like we’re neighbors for a while!” Mokuba cheerfully yells, before rolling his window back up. “This should be fun.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Our neighbor’s are WHO?!” Joey yells.

“Mokuba and Seto.” Yugi replies. “They drove by and Mokuba yelled out the window to me.”

Tama sighs. “Why must work always follow me around?”

“You look for it. Now be quiet so I can watch Joey flip out.” Marik says, fading in in-between his Light and Tama.

“Dis is my vacation! I don’ wanna see rich boy durin’ my vacation!” Joey yells. “I’m gonna go over dere and give him a piece of my mind!”

“Joey, calm down.” Téa says. “If you don’t want to see him then don’t go over there.

Joey growls, glaring out the window.

-(It’s no wonder Seto refers to you as the barking Chihuahua.)- Tama comments. -(Just calm down. I doubt Seto will come outside much anyway. Mokuba on the other hand…)-

-=Mokuba’s fine. It’s rich boy who bugs me.=-

-(Then don’t let him bug you.)-

-=Thanks Tama…=-

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I -G-H-T--D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

Shiro: Well, I finally figured out how to get the little line thingy in Téa's name. For those who haven't figured out how to do this, if you have word document/processor then type in café and the the little line will appear over the 'e'. Just copy and paste the 'é' into Téa's name and ta-da!

Keitaro: This 'how-to' statement was brought to you by Shiro&company.

Kitsune: I-... no comment.

Bast: That was very... unique?

Kyle: Ditto.

Kaze: (rolls her eyes) Well that was pointless.

Shiro: (whacks Kaze on the head) Review replies are below.

REVIEW REPLIES

Kaibafan5- I hate it when parents make you cut back on computer time. My mom had me do that a while back- she cut it down to three hours a day, including weekends. x-x Psycho hamster? Those are fun... Hope you like this chapter!