Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 14: Arising Problems ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: I'm sorry it took so long to get this one posted. I was having a little difficulty in finding time to get it all typed up. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. I do own Tama, Yume, the Chaotic Dragons, the plot, and any other OC's included in this story. Oh, and this lovely roll of tape sitting on my desk. (pokes tape)
Warning: If you haven't figured it out by now, this story will contain a little shounen ai. Just small moments between Yami and Yugi which aren't crutial to the plot and are just there to make everything interesting. (bright smile) SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I-G-H-T- -D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

Chapter 14: Arising Problems

Tama lazily sits under an umbrella with Serenity and Ryou. The others-including the darks- and Mokuba are out playing in the water.

“I can’t believe two weeks have gone by already…” Tama murmurs.

“And without much mayhem from the yami’s.” Ryou says, glancing up from his book to check on Bakura.

Tama stretches as she replies. “Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.”

-SPLASH-

Tama turns her now sopping wet head to glare at a grinning Mokuba and Joey. “You two do realize,” She begins softly. “that I’m going TO KILL YOU!”

Joey and Mokuba runs off screaming and Tama scrambles to her feet, grabs the two buckets Joey and Mokuba used, and proceeds to chase after them.

Serenity and Ryou laugh when Tama catches up to Mokuba, drops the buckets, and picks the slightly smaller boy up, carries him onto the floating dock, and tosses him into the water.

Joey comes up behind Tama and shoves her into the water just as Mokuba comes up to the surface. Tama comes up sputtering and glares at the laughing blonde.

Yume carefully sneaks up behind Joey and shoves him in. And then Bakura breaks the chain by picking up Yume and jumping into the water with her.

The rest of that afternoon’s entertainment consists of Yume trying to kill Bakura while the Lights keep them from sending each other to the Shadow Realm and Joey gets teased by Duke and Tristan because he got pushed by a girl into the water. (Serenity and Téa promptly shut the two up by shoving them into the water.)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

As Tama predicted, Seto spent his time at his and Mokuba’s summer house, not even coming over for lunch, dinner, or to get Mokuba. Instead, Tama and Mokuna take food over to him and Seto calls the house when he feels Mokuba needs to come home. Today’s the same as every other day this past two weeks.

“Hey Seto, we’ve got your dinner!” Tama yells into the silent house.

Mokuba sets the container of salad down on the kitchen counter and then opens the refrigerator. “Hey Tama, what do you think I should get him to drink? Tea, orange juice, water, or coffee?”

Tama sets down a plate of meat-free food. “Ra knows that man doesn’t need any more coffee. He doesn’t get enough sleep as it is. What kind of tea do you have?”

“Green tea, normal tea, and decaffeinated.” Mokuba replies, reading off the labels on the three containers.

“No chamomile then… I’ll have to make some later.” Tama murmurs thoughtfully. “Green tea should be fine.” She tells Mokuba.

Mokuba nods and pulls the container of green tea out of the refrigerator.

“So what are you and the others doing tonight?” He asks, pulling a glass out of one of the cabinets.

Ever since Tama came over for the first time and cooked them dinner, Mokuba made a point to figure out where stuff is in the kitchen.

Tama takes the plastic wrap off the dish as she answers. “I think we’re having a bonfire tonight. Joey’s been wanting to roast marshmallows and there’s a package of hotdogs that have mysteriously appeared in our refrigerator since Joey first suggested the bonfire. Of course, there’s probably going to be some game attached to this all, and I have a feeling that it’ll be the infamous Truth or Dare.”

Mokuba pours some of the tea into the glass before saying anything. “Sounds like fun.”

Tama shrugs. “I guess so.” She masks her emotions as a thought occurs to her. “Hey Mokuba, how would you like to spend the night with us all?” She carefully asks.

Mokuba looks at Tama in surprise, a smile threatening to find its way onto his face. “Really?”

“No, I’m just saying that.” Tama says sarcastically. “Of course I mean it! If we’re lucky Seto will join us.”

“I highly doubt that, Muto.” Seto says, walking into the kitchen. “I have better things to do with my time rather than sit around and listen to the nonsense the barking Chihuahua and Gardner spit out.”

Tama shrugs. “Well, it was worth a shot. Here’s your dinner by the way.” She says, gesturing to the plates and the glass of tea.

Seto nods; his way of saying ‘thank you’.

“Seto, can I spend the night with Tama and the others?” Mokuba bluntly asks.

“As long as your in bed by midnight.” Seto replies, looking pointedly at Tama.

Mokuba rushes forward and hugs Seto. “Thank you big brother.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Laughing can be heard around the campfire as Joey and Tristan jump around dancing like a couple of maniacs.

As Tama had predicted, someone had suggested that they play ‘Truth or Dare’. That someone was Malik.

So far Mokuba has been dared to hang upside down for five minutes while singing The Song that Never Ends, Duke had to let the girls do his hair (which now has ribbons, beads, and all sorts of things twisted into it and some of it’s all spiked up), Serenity had to kill each of the boys on the cheek, and Joey and Tristan have had to dance around the campfire. Obviously, no one has been brave enough to choose ‘truth’. Not yet anyway.

“Alright Joey, choose your victim!” Téa says.

Joey looks around and considers his options, mulling over some of the weird and odd things that have happened during the past two weeks. Remembering something Serenity commented to him about earlier, Joey chooses his victim. “Yug’, truth or dare?” He asks.

“Truth.” Yugi says after a moments hesitation, regretting choosing truth as soon as the words leave his mouth and upon seeing the gleeful look on Joey’s face.

“Alright den. Who do you like?”

Yugi looks relieved. “That’s easy, Joey. I-”

“No, who do you like?” Joey emphasizes.

Yugi’s relieved look turns to a puzzled one. “Joey, what do you mean?”

“Oh for Ra’s sake, he wants to know who you have a crush on or are in love with!” Malik says, half-irritated by the other blonde boy’s vagueness.

Yugi turns bright red when Joey nods.

The others look at the small teen, some sure of who it is and some unsure.

“I-I like…” Yugi stutters, his heart pounding almost painfully in his chest.

“We won’t laugh.” Tama says gently resting her hand on Yugi’s shoulder.

“Yami…” Yugi whispers. “I-I like Yami…”

“Ha! You owe me ten bucks Joey!” Tristan happily yells. “Pay up, man!”

Everyone else sweat drops and Yugi turns even more red before burying his face in his hands.

-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-

Yumeri walks down the tunnel, heart pounding fiercely in her chest. Her violet eyes flicker over the slightly glowing walls, which have carvings of different types of dragons on them. Her soft footsteps echo down the tunnel, making Yumeri grow more confused by the second. She has yet to hear the mysterious voice again, which makes her wonder if she just imagined it. And is it just her or is it starting to get more bright in here?

Yumeri shrieks as she slips and pitches forward into a large room. She slides down the strange sloping wall and slowly comes to a stop. Groaning, she pushes herself up onto her knees. Looking up, she’s unable to stop the gasp that falls from her lips, for standing in front of her are two large dragons- one of solid white light and the other the deep black of darkness.

The white one chuckles, a deep rumbling sound issuing from its throat. /././Relac, young guardian. There’s no need to be afraid. We didn’t call you here to harm you./././ She says gently.

/././Yes, that would be rather idiotic of us./././ The black dragon says, his voice carrying a deep rumbling sound. Come to think of it, the white dragon’s voice has a bit of a rumble in it too, except hers is more gentle.

“Wh-who are you?” Yumeri stutters, finding herself wondering just how sharp the two dragon’s claws and horns are.

/././You may call me Light./././ The white dragon says.

/././And you can call me Dark./././ The black dragon says.

/././And I’m Shadow!/././

Yumeri jumps upon hearing the child-like third voice and turns around to see a smaller speckled dragon.

/././We are the guardians of the dragon sanctuary and oddly enough, the guardians of the Dragon Guardian./././ Dark explains.

“Dragon Guardian?” Yumeri curiously asks.

/././The Dragon Guardian; she who protects the dragons and her people. The Dragon Guardian is very important to we dragons./././ Light says.

/././I’m pretty sure she gathered that much, Light./././ Shadow comments.

“What does this all have to do with me? Why am I here?” Yumeri asks, confused.

To Yumeri’s immense surprise, all three of the dragons chuckle.

/././It’s quite obvious, young one. You are the Guardian of the Dragons. Or you will be./././ Light says.

-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-

/./Little-Dark, wake up././ Marik prodes. /./Wake up! Wake up! Wa-/./

(.(Shut up you moron!).) Yume screams. (.(What the hell do you want Marik?!).)

/./‘kura and I want to know if you want to play a few pranks././ Marik says.

(.(On whom?).)

/./Our hikari’s or Kaiba or- I dunno, we haven’t decided yet!/./ Marik exclaims.

Yume thinks for moment. (.(Count me in.).) She can just imagine Marik smirking.

/./Bored, Little-Dark?/./ He teases.

Yume scowls. (.(Just shut up, Mariku.).)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“MUTO!!!”

Tama looks curiously up from the cookbook her, Ryou, and Joey are looking over. “Was that Seto?”

Joey growls. “It had betta’ not be rich boy!”

Tama sighs. “I’ll go see what’s wr-” She gets cut off as a very angry CEO storms into the kitchen.

“What are you doing in here, rich boy!”

Tama rolls her eyes and stuffs a few left over marshmallows in Joey’s mouth. “What’s wrong, Seto?”

“I awoke this morning to find doodles all over my bedroom walls.” Seto growls.

“What does dat have ta do wit’ us?!” Apparently marshmallows don’t keep Joey quiet.

Seto glares at Joey. “Shut up, mutt.”

“I’m not a dog, Kaiba!”

Tama eyes a jar of peanut butter still sitting out from lunch.

“Muto, I suggest you keep your ‘other halves’ under control for the remainder of vacation or else there will be serious consequences.”

‘Yume?’

/./Whatever it is, I didn’t do it!/./

‘I’m going to kill you all.’

/./Now hikari, there’s no need to go homicidal on us!/./

‘If you, Bakura, and Marik messing with Seto- who just happens to be my boss- doesn’t qualify, then what does?’

/./Umm… well there is the matter of the pink dye we put in Kaiba’s green tea scented shampoo-/./

“YOU WHAT?!!!!!” Tama screams out loud, making Joey and Ryou jump. Seto is already headed back over to his, most likely taking Mokuba with him to keep his precious baby brother from being corrupted. Insert snickering.

Well, so much for a peaceful last two weeks.

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I-G-H-T- -D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

SHIRO's NOTE: Those of you who glance over my profile page every now and then may know that Seto/Joey is one of my favorite pairings. However, I also like Seto/Serenity and Seto/Ishizu. So this is my problem- I'm trying to figure out who to pair Seto with. If Seto is paired with one of the girls, Joey automatically gets paired with Mai, so no problems there. So, those of you who want to lend me a hand, please tell me: Seto/Joey, Seto/Serenity, or Seto/Ishizu. Although... it'll still be a minor pairing just like the Yami/Yugi pairing. This one's more crutial to the plot though.

0-0-0-0-0

Shiro: The beginning of this chapter was the most fun to write. I love writing water and snowball fights. So much fun!

Bast: You added another of Yume's flashbacks.

Keitaro: Of course she did! Yume's past is a crutial element to the plot of the story, right Shiro?

Shiro: That's right! (hugs Keitaro) You're so smart!

Keitaro: (grins)

Kitsune: (rolls her eyes and turns away)

Kyle: Hey guys- WAHHH! (trips and falls on Bast)

Bast and Kyle: (both fall on the ground)

Bast: Oww... Kyle, gettup, you're heavy.

Kyle: Sorry, Bast. (gets up and then helps Bast up) There ya go.

Shiro: What's the news, Kyle?

Kyle: We got 3 reviews for the last chapter, pulling us up to 1 review down from Illusion!

Shiro, Bast, and Keitaro: (all cheer)

Kaze: So?

Kyle: It means we pulled in 32 reviews within 5 months while Illusion has 33 in 9 months.

Kaze: (raises eyebrow) So?

Kitsune: Forget it, Kaze. It's one of those pointless things that we'll never understand even if we tried.

Q&A:
Q: Doesn't Ryou have purple hair?
A: I'm pretty sure that it's white. I mean, it looks white to me.

Q: When's the big kiss scene coming up?
A: (laughs) I'm afraid you'll gave to wait until chapter 17 for that, which is will be the Christmas chapter. Behold the power of mistletoe! (cackles evilly)
0-0-0-0
Next chapter: Shadi's Warning