Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 15: Shadi's Warning ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: Got a nice sized chapter here. I know it seems a little rushed though... there wasn't mush I could put in without going completly off subject.

Keitaro: Shiro doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh! She does own Tama, Yume, the Millennium Dragon, and the plot.

Shiro: And the piece of lint in my pocket! (smiles)

0-0-0-0-0-0

Quick key-

0-0-0: scene change

y-y-y: yami flashback

/././Dragons talking/././

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I- G-H-T--D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

Chapter 15: Shadi’s Warning

“Man, it feels good to be home.” Tama remarks, shoving the last of her clothes into Ryou’s old dresser. “The beach was fun, but I’m much more comfortable here.”

“You do know that talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity.” Malik comments, stopping by the open door.

“No, the first sign of insanity is the voice actually talking back.” Tama replies, tossing a shirt to Malik. “That’s yours.”

Malik easily catches the shirt. “I was wondering where that went… thanks, Tama.” He says, before continuing on his way.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama plops down on the couch beside Ryou with a bowl of popcorn. Ishizu sits in the recliner and Odion and Malik are on the floor.

“I don’t know what it is about movies that’s so addictive.” Tama remarks off-handedly. “Anyway, what are we watching?”

“Monty Python and the Holy Grail.” Ryou replies, a small smile on his face.

Tama laughs. “My favorite movie!” She throws a piece of popcorn at the back of Malik’s head. “Hush you! The movie’s starting!”

For the rest of the evening and on into the night they sit there and watch a bunch of comedy movies. They eventually fall asleep wherever it is they were sitting.

y-y-y-y-y-y

Yumeri looks up at Light in surprise. “Me?” She squeaks.

Light, Dark, and Shadow chuckle.

/././Yes, you. You have the soul potential to be the greatest Dragon Guardian of all time./././ Light says. /././Will you accept the duties of the Dragon Guardian?/././

“At what costs?” Yumeri quietly asks after a moment.

/././You are wise to ask that./././ Dark comments /././You must listen to the voices of your people. Many decision you make will greatly affect them. Only one may know what your title is, besides the Dragon Highlord, Seth. Yes, I mean your cousin Seth./././

/././The Highlord is barely a rank over you./././ Shadow says seriously. /././But none-the-less, his orders do prevail over yours except for with us. We do hate going against him though./././

/././You guard us and we guard you./././ Light recites. /././Will you accept?/././

“I-” Yumeri swallows. “I accept.”

Shadow, Dark, and Light nod their approval. /././We the Dragons, Guardians of the Dragon Sanctuary invoke our right to choose and train a Dragon Guardian of our choosing! We ask you to allow this right!/././

A pair of glowing blue eyes and a pair of glowing red eyes appear in the darkness. /././So you ask, so is your right, so we agree./././

y-y-y-y-y-y

Tama slowly struggles into consciousness with the feeling that someone is watcher her. ‘Yume?’ She groggily asks.

/./Zzzzzzzzzz…././

Tama absent-mindedly snuggles closer to the warmth around her, her brain not functioning correctly yet. ‘Warm… snuggly…’ She mentally giggles. ‘Is snuggly even a word?’

Slowly her brain wakes up and starts processing what’s going on. Tama’s eyes flicker open as the soft scent of vanilla drifts across her senses. She comically blinks when all she sees is snowy white. ‘Wait… white… Ryou has white hair… he smells good.’ She mentally smacks herself after the last comment. ‘I hope its not Malik who’s watching us. I’ll never hear the end of it if it is.’

Tama looks up and studies Ryou’s face. ‘He looks… so peaceful. Like nothing in the world could bother him. I wonder what it’d be like to-’ She blushes and stops that train of thought. ‘New topic! Who’s watching us? Malik would have said something by now. Ishizu… no and Odion wouldn’t either.’ She frowns and concentrates on the aura. ‘Okay… whoever it is has an aura similar to Ryou’s. Bakura maybe? No, it’s not dark enough.’ Her lilac eyes widen and she gulps. ‘Oh Ra, please tell me it’s not who I think it is.’

Tama carefully turns her head and her face pales when she sees Mr. Bakura’s intimidating form. ‘Oh bloody hell…’

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama, Malik, Ryou, Ishizu, and Odion all sit on the couch across from Mr. Bakura, still dressed in their pajama’s. Malik is half asleep and is resting his head on Tama’s shoulder. Odion and Ishizu sit there politely, not making a noise. And Tama and Ryou sit fidgeting under Mr. Bakura’s gaze.

“Who are they, Ryou?” Mr. Bakura finally asks.

“This is Tama and her cousins, Malik, Ishizu, and Odion.” Ryou says softly.

Sitting in front of Mr. Bakura like this reminds Tama of an incident back in England. It was a weekend and Tama slept over at Ryou’s house. They fell asleep on the couch curled up in each others arms after having the power go out in the middle of their Disney movie. Unbeknownest to them, Ryou’s dad returned sometime that night and they got lectured in the morning. Then Kiba came to pick up Tama in the middle of the lecture and got into an argument with Mr. Bakura… and won.

Tama mentally giggles upon remembering this; watching her 10-year-old brother (she was 7) argue with someone over twice his age and win was the highlight of her day. Unfortunately, her brother isn’t here to defend her this time.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Hours later Tama finds herself cooking in the kitchen with Ryou. Malik, Odion, and Ishizu are nowhere in sight, but Mr. Bakura is sitting at the kitchen table.

Tama, deciding to ignore Ryou’s dad the best she possibly can and go about things semi-normally, turns to Ryou with a smile. “Sing with me?” She asks.

Ryou’s eyes briefly flicker to his dad, but then he nods.

Tama starts off the song, her voice soft but growing stronger with every word. Ryou sings the second verse, his soft voice low and haunting. Then Tama joins him for the chorus.

“Lingering darkness surrounds my heart,

The light shadows the way,

But the darkness blinds me,

The never-ending battle…”

Tama’s voice fades away as Ryou takes the third verse. She fondly watches him sway gently as he stirs the cooking noodles and blushes and turns away when he glances in her direction.

Now Ryou’s voice fades away after Tama begins the fourth verse. Then he comes back in for the final two choruses and then a repeat of the final line.

-BOOOOOOM!-

The entire house shudders.

Tama and Ryou look at each other with stunned expressions.

“What was that?” Mr. Bakura asks.

-(Ryou, tell me that wasn’t what I think it was…)-

-‘When do they not cause trouble?’-

Tama nervously laughs. “I’ll- I’ll be right back.” She stutters, before running out of the room.

Running outside, her eyes widen when she sees the destruction of Ryou’s backyard. She takes a big breath of air and then screams, “MARIKU! MALIK! BAKURA! YUMERI!”

“It’s their fault!” Bakura yells, pointing at Marik and Malik.

Tama glares at Bakura, her lilac eyes cold. “Were you dueling?”

Bakura backs down from the Light’s glare, leaving Yume to defend them.

“Well, yes, we were dueling, but the backyard exploded when they summoned their monster! It’s not our fault!”

Tama turns her glare on Yume. “I specifically told you no dueling.” She says icily. “Bakura, Yumeri, Mariku. Go. Now. Malik, Ishizu will hear about this when she comes home.”

Malik gulps as Bakura, Yume, and Marik disappear, leaving him there alone with his highly agitated cousin.

Tama then proceeds to grab Malik’s ear and drag him inside, grumbling something about idiots not knowing how to listen.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

The week passes by incredibly slowly. The only time Ryou, Tama, and Malik have a moment of peace is the one day they have their Light Support Group meeting. Once Mr. Bakura leaves, Tama and Malik do a happy dance around the living room while Ryou, Ishizu, Odion, and the yami’s watch.

Of course, we can’t let their fun last long.

Ishizu looks in surprise at a corner of the room. “Shadi? What are you doing here?”

Tama yelps as she runs right into Malik when he abruptly stops.

“Malik! That hurt!” Tama complains.

Yume rolls her eyes. “You’re not bleeding and dieing, hikari. Now shut up, Shadi’s here to bug us again.”

“Another day, another cryptic message.” Tama sighs.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama, Ryou, and Malik stare blankly at the spot Shadi was just at.

“That,” Tama starts once she regains her voice. “was the strangest warning I have ever heard. ‘Lights combined and Darks combined, the world shall fall.’ And now we have to bloody split up!” She throws her hands into the air in exasperation. “what the bloody hell am I going to do?! I’ve got a job here! Seto’s not going to bloody let me take a bloody unknown amount of time off!”

“You panic too easily,” Ryou says. “Not to mention you used too many ‘bloody’s’ in that sentence. You can work with Mokuba on your computer and we can all call one another.”

“Or IM.” Malik says. “Believe it or not, I still have the laptop you got me.”

Tama half-heartedly glares at Malik. “You had better. I got you that at the beginning of summer.”

“But where are you going to go?” Ishizu asks.

“I guess I’ll go visit dad in the US.” Tama murmurs.

“And I’ve got family in England.” Ryou says.

“I guess we’ll be going home for now.” Ishizu says, sighing lightly.

There’s silence in the living room for a moment. Even the yami’s are quiet.

“I guess we should start packing.” Ryou says softly, not moving from his spot on the couch.

Tama stands up. “I’m going to call Mokuba and let him know what’s going on.” She says before walking out of the room.

Slowly, they all solemnly leave the room, the yami’s disappearing into their soul room, and they all begin packing.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Ryou and Tama quickly grab their bags from the baggage claim at an airport in England. Then they walk away from the area and out into the main area. Tama sighs after glancing at her watch.

“What’s wrong?” Ryou asks.

“I’ve got another hour before my plane leaves.” Tama replies, dragging her bags to an empty chair.

“I’ll wait with you until my aunt gets here. She’s always late.” Ryou says, putting his bags down beside Tama’s. “How about I go get us something to eat and we can sit here and chat for a while.”

Tama nods. “Alright… I’ll stay here with the bags and keep a look-out for your aunt. What’s she look like?”

“Umm…” Ryou has to think for a moment, trying to conjure up an image of his aunt in his mind. “I think aunt Lily has short, spiky white hair and will most likely be wearing something… eye-catching. And she’ll most likely be tripping over her own feet and looking around with a confused look on her face.”

Tama giggles. “I’ll keep an eye out.” She promises. “Oh!” She fumbles with her wallet for a minute before she finds five dollars. “Here; for my food.”

Ryou gently takes the five dollars. “Be right back.” He says, before walking off.

Tama lets out a deep breath as she sits down in one of the uncomfortable chairs and then looks around the airport, already keeping an eye out for Ryou’s aunt.

Ryou returns less than ten minutes later with two Burger King burgers. He first hands Tama her change and then hands her the burger. The two sit in silence for five minutes while they eat, content to just be in each others presence.

“Hey Ryou, I’m going to miss you.” Tama murmurs, glancing over at the white-haired boy.

“I’ll miss you too, Tama.” Ryou replies. “There’s my aunt.” He says, pointing to a woman with short, spiky white hair, vibrant green eyes, and is wearing a light blue spaghetti strap shirt and a black knee-length skirt. Over top it all she’s wearing a light-weight black cloak with golden designs.

“She looks… cool.” Tama comments.

Ryou nods. “She is. Although I don’t even want to think about all the stuff she’s going to have me doing. She always has something going on.” He says, standing up . “Aunt Lily, over here!” Ryou calls, waving his arms in the air.

Tama has to bite back a laugh at her friends antics. Meanwhile, Lily catches sight of Ryou and rushes over.

“Bloody hell, Ryou! You’ve sure grown.” She comments, looking him over. The she notices Tama and her green eyes light up. “Who’s your friend?”

“Aunt Lily, this is Tama Muto. Tama, this is my Aunt Lily.” Ryou says.

Lily looks at Tama thoughtfully for a moment. “You look familiar… Oh I know! I saw you one day when I came by to pick up Ryou!” She turns to Ryou. “Is she coming with us? You should have told me!”

“I’m going to the United States to visit my dad.” Tama says. “But my plane doesn’t leave for about 40 minutes or so, so me and Ryou were just sitting here eating.”

“Well in any case, it’s nice to finally meet you.” Lily says. “Now Ryou and I must get home. I left my brother in control of the food and he’ll probably have ordered pizza and ate without us if we’re late.” She says, grabbing one of Ryou’s two bags.

“Wait a second,” Ryou says, setting down his burger wrapper to reach down and go through his other bag. “I’ve got something for you, Tama.”

Tama looks at Ryou in surprise. “You do? I’ve kind of got something for you…”

Lily watches in interest as the two teens look through their bags. Ryou finds his first, a box carefully tied with an amethyst ribbon. Then Tama pulls her out, a small, thin green box. They exchange gifts and then carefully open them.

Ryou gasps when he sees his, a slim silver-framed book with a photo of him and Tama as kids on the front. Opening it up he finds a photo of him and Tama now, that Yugi had taken at the beach. Behind it are a few more pages which are blank.

“Oh wow… Ryou.” Tama whispers, staring in shock at the delicate, silver heart-shaped locket with a dragon carved into it. She gently opens it and sees a picture of her on one side and Ryou on the other. “Thank you!” She whispers, hugging him tightly as tears spring to her eyes. “I love it.”

Ryou blushes. “No problem. And… thank you.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama looks around the New York City airport. “Where is he…?”

Yume fades in beside Tama. “Where is who?” She asks, appearing bored with the entire situation.

“My dad.” Tama replies. “He was suppose to be here by now. It’s not like him to be late…”

“Taaaaaaaaaaaammmaaaaaaaaaa!”
< br> Tama pales. “Oh Ra, I know that voice.”

Yume looks around and raises an eyebrow when she sees a boy with bright purple tips on his black hair running through the crowd toward them. The thousands-of-years-old spirit snickers when he tackles Tama and tightly hugs her.

Tama soon turns red from lack of oxygen. “Dami’- can’t- breath!” She chokes.

Damian grins and lets go of Tama. “Man! Are you shorter or is it just my imagination?” He pats her on the head. “You’re like, a foot shorter than me!”

Tama swats Damian’s hand away and Yume goes back into her soul room. “Knock it off, Rebel. Why are you here and where’s my dad at?”

Damian grins mischievously. “Your dad is back at the ‘house’. He’s working on some computer junk so he sent me to come get you. As to why I’m here, well, we haven’t seen each other for a long time so I drove up here from the southland just to see ya.”

“You mean the mental institution actually let you get your license and let you out?” Tama jokingly asks.

“No, I’m driving illegally.” Damian says, still grinning. “I’m joking. Yeah, I got my license.”

Tama nods. “Cool. So did I. What are you driving, anyway?”

“My truck. C’mon, lets get your crap into the back and hit the road.” Damian says, grabbing one of her suitcases.

Tama grabs her backpack and pulls it on her back and then picks up her other suitcase. “Alright, lets go!”

Damian’s grin grows wider and he grabs her arm. “Weeeeeeee’rrrreeee- OFF to see the wizard!”

Tama laughs as they begin skipping through the airport singing. (1)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“I’m home!” Tama yells as she and Damian walk into the large ‘house’. “Daddy! Where are you?!”

An older boy with wavy dark red hair with pale blonde highlights pokes his head around the corner, bright amethyst eyes shining.

Tama’s jaw drops. “Kiba?”

The older boy steps out from around the corner, dressed in a simple black tee with a Linkin’ Park logo on it and a pair of black jeans. In one ear he has a small silver hoop, a silver cross, and a cuff and in the other ear he has a small silver loop and a slightly skinnier gold hoop.

“Kiba!” Tama squeals, dropping her suitcase and rushing forward to envelope her older brother in a hug. Kiba tightly hugs her back.

“I can’t believe you’re here…” Tama whispers. “I missed you, Kiba.”

“Missed you too, sis.” Kiba murmurs.

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I-G-H- T--D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

(1) Me and my friend do this at school. It's kinda fun skipping down hallways...

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kaze: Holy shit...

Shiro: Impressed yet? I told you it would be my second longest story!

Kaze: I can't believe how short you're cutting it.

Shiro: Well, it's gotta end sometime. Besides, it won't exactly be the end, just the end to the beginning.

Kaze: (glares at Shiro) I hate you.

Shiro: (smirks) I know. (turns to the reader) Hope you all liked this chapter! Review replies are below!

REVIEW REPLIES

Kaibafan5- (laughs) Alright, I'll put down a mark for Seto/Serenity.

AN:
Well, the whole pairing vote thing is still going on. You can vote again if you'd like, I will count it.
Seto/Joey
Seto/Serenity
I did take Ishizu out already 'cause there's not much interaction between the two, and with her in Egypt now... well, that'd be a little difficult. Personally, I like the Seto/Joey pairing... but that's just me. Whatever one gets the most votes I will put it in. Now, onto colors and junk...
I see Ryou's hair as white or a snowy-white. You may not, but that's what it looks like to me. Malik and Mariku do have lilac-colored eyes. I'd just better do this... COLORS FOR THIS FANFICTION (and any other DOTSL-related stories I do)
Ryou- white/snowy-white hair, brown eyes
Bakura- white/snowy-white hair, mahogany eyes
Malik and Marik- blonde hair and lilac eyes
Tama- red hair with blonde streaks and black tips, lilac eyes.
Yume- red hair with black streaks and blonde tips, violet eyes.
There, that settles that. Those are the colors I will most likely always go by.
Bast: Hikari, you know this will cause problems.
Shiro: I know. I could care less really. If someone doesn't like the colors or think's that my color sheet is wrong, then that's their opinion. There's nothing I can do to change their mind. Now, please review everyone!

Next chapter- Chapter 16: 'Normality' Returns