Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming (girl's pov) ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Hey keep sending me reviews and I'll keep writing.)
Chapter 3
The two months had passed in relative quickness. With Damien leading you, you had done well. You sat now tired and quiet staring out at the vast reaches of Sparta.
“It's beautiful.” You sigh as you look at the city. It had the appearance of a normal town it reminded you of Egypt. You smile in memory of the pharaoh and then sigh. `He is so far away now.' You let Damien lead you down the dune and head towards the village.
Damien turned smiling.
“Just a few more miles and we're home free.” He turned back and continued to lead the horses. A dust cloud started to rise in the east. You turn looking at it curious as to what it is.
“Is that a sand storm?” you ask as you watch it heading your way. Damien shifts in his saddle and looks at the cloud a moment.
“That's not a dust storm though I wish it were.” Damien kicks his horse quickly into a full gallop. Your horse struggles to keep up with the stallion. You hold on for dear life as you move at a dangerous pace across the sand. The cloud shifts and picks up speed now you can see that it's not just dust in the air there were horses and men. You struggle to keep the rising panic under control. Damien is moving swiftly and turns now to watch the men approach. The men are closer now and yelling. They have slings and they were swinging them around there heads threateningly. One lets go and a stone flew free.
“Damien!” you scream and you can only watch in horror as the stone connects with his temple as he turns his head.
Blood spurts and Damien collapses on his horse's neck. The horse feeling the let up on the reins slows quickly to a stop. You clamber down from your horse and move to him quickly. The stallion pranced nervously at your approach having smelt blood. You make comforting sounds as you again move into see Damien.
The stallion was tense but let you approach. Blood ran down the horse's mane and neck. You suppress a scream as you see it and try not to faint. You gently shake Damien.
“Damien, wake up their coming we have to hurry.” You whisper as you try again to wake him. He doesn't move. You suddenly start crying.
“Damien Damien please wake up wake up.” When he still doesn't move your tears become uncontrolled. The riders had now reached them and were circled around them and smiling. One laughed
“Damien Damien.” He mocked you laughingly.” He's dead sweetie.”
`No! You're wrong!” you cry as you sink to your knees. “No…”
The men are all laughing now. One apparently the leader steps forward.
“Girl, you're to come with us now.” You look up at him. He had cold hard eyes and a jet black mustache. You drop your eyes down to your lap and continue to silently cry. The leader smiles and tells one of the others to get you so they can get going.
“What about Damien?” you ask tearfully. The leader pauses, “the scorpions could always use a feast?” he said as knocks Damien off his horse and hands the reins to yet another of the band. The leader turns and dismisses you riding out of the circle. You are suddenly grabbed around the waist and pulled onto a horse in front of someone.
“Behave or I'll tie `ou to the back o' the `orse.” The man behind you says as he kicks the horse into movement.
You continue to cry ignoring the man and the dead body.
The band travel quickly back the way you had come. `So close yet so far.' You think as you move back across the sand.
The tears stopped so enough but it was mainly because you had nothing left to cry. You were too tried after three days of travel to even think straight. You had stopped for nothing and the horses were so tired that two had already died. You looked ahead with bleary red eyes. Had made it hard to see but there seemed to be an oasis ahead. You sighed thinking it another illusion. Then the leader stopped the band all of whom looked as bad as you felt. They all dismounted quickly and ran to the oasis. You started to get down but were rather thrown off as the man behind you vaulted off the horse and ran for the water. Your legs were bleeding and numb. You try to move but seem to have no really feeling in you legs yet. The horses as eager as the men to get to the water ran over you. None hit you but now you were the only one here. You yelled or tried the sand had blocked your throat so it was difficult to speak.
“Hey please help I need water.” You managed to get out though the sand. No one turned to check on you for the first half hour. Then the man came over and picked you up roughly. He took you into the camp they had set up. Men sat around a fire with mugs of water and what seemed to be ale. You stopped your observation as you were dropped into very wet cold water. The blood and sand on your legs started to flake off. Two months in the desert had done a lot of damage you soon found. You washed slowly letting the water in every part of your body. You cleaned your raw thighs and washed your body. It was heaven never in your life had you had this much water to clean yourself with and when the man offered you a scaly soap bar you knew this was the cleanest you'd ever get. You washed yourself tender as it were. Your now lighter brown hair you pulled into a neat braid.
You sighed as the man told you to get out. You did so though for now you thought to enjoy your heaven without complaining. You stood by him slowly. He held something in his hand. You looked at him in question.
“Turn around.” You turned quickly and felt him cut though the fabric of you dress and bindings. You squeaked and tried to stop him only to realize that you were not nearly strong as him. You clothes feel away and you looked at them in slight horror. Then something was forced over your head.
It was another dress this one much better made then the last. It was blood red and had gold trim. It reminded you of the pharaoh's clothes, only this one was red. You smiled and turned to the man. He smiled back but it was a toothless smile and it made you gasp. He then stopped smiling and grabbed your wrist and half dragged you to the leader's tent.
The man shoved you in the tent roughly and then left. You stood there quietly. The leader sat on the floor on a mat. He looked up on your arrival.
“Hmm you sure clean up nice.” He said “I'm Tamric.” He smirked and stood up from his place on the floor of the tent. He walked over and gave a mocking bow. You watch him nervously he was much bigger than you and looked to be much stronger than you as well. Tamric smiled and took your arm leading you to a mat opposite the one he had just sat in.
“I don't see what he sees in you. Why are you so important to him?” he whispered more to himself than to you. You suddenly look at him knowing that he knew the pharaoh had sent you out across the desert. Your eyes widen and you look at the ring on your finger.
It glittered merrily even now, you watch the emerald and it seems to draw you into its deeps.
The man Tamric interrupts your vestige.
“You are the girl that was seen with him are you not?”
Startled you reply on instinct “yes.”
Then realizing what you had said you cover your mouth with your hand. Your instinct unfortunately had been to speak honestly in Egypt it had gotten you far to be honest to everyone. Here though it did you no good to speak out so. Tamric smiled and picked up your hand.
“So you're the pharaoh's love then you look to be in love with him at least.” He smiled and looked suddenly at your ring.
“It seems that you've either stolen this or he gave it to you.” He started to slid the ring off your finger but you snatch your hand away.
“Fine keep it to yourself I have the right girl and that's what I was ordered to do so I'll be happy to deliver you as you are.” He said amused by your possessive nature toward the ring.
“Leave me.”
You fled quickly from the tent running back to the small oasis and throwing yourself on a rock near by. You stare down into the deeps of the water and let your mind drift.
The pharaoh smiled at you and laid a hand on your forehead. You smile back shyly and steal a parcel of food from the plate that sat on your stomach. His smile widened and brushed a hand though your hair lightly.
“What do you wish for?” he'd asked
You looked at him shocked and said “nothing pharaoh...” your voice was a mere whisper yet loud in the quiet throne room.
He smiled “you can have anything you desire if you but ask.” He'd leaned down and whispered in your ear so that no one had heard him. The shock on your face would have grown if it could have.
You looked at him suspiciously but had answered truly “I want to ride a horse.” You whispered back.
He looked a bit surprised. His eyes locked on yours he spoke in higher Egyptian. People around had looked at him funny but no one defied the pharaoh's orders so someone ran out. Minutes later he came back and reported. He stood carrying you with him as he walked out to the stables.
“You'll have to ride with me because you don't know how.” He had explained. You smiled as he set you down and mounted then turning had extended a hand to you. You quickly put your hand in his and were swung up into the place in front of him. The sun was low in the sky and the land of Egypt was cooling for the night. The pharaoh took the reins and off you went slowly and with many guards.
About five minutes in though the pharaoh leaded forward
“Let's have some fun shall we.” He whispered conspiratorially.
He kicked he horse forward and it leaped happily past the stunned guards. Laughing deeply he rode hard. You cling helplessly to him hoping you don't fall but loving the thrill of the wind though your hair.
You snap out of you memory and sigh. It had been a good time in your depressive excuse of a past. You smiled and looked at the ring happily. `My pharaoh I'll wait for you come find me soon.' You think as you turn over on your back and look up at the starry heavens above.